Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »
Jul 25, 2020 2:02 PM

Sep 2018
Probably my favourite entry in the Fate franchise I've seen so far. The animation was nothing less than stunning, though given this is ufotable on a movie's budget, that was always going to be a given, the plot was pretty interesting, and it was nice to see more of Sakura after Zero. The fact that this entry seemed to require less knowledge of the Nasuverse magic systems than other entries was also very much appreciated, though that might just be because I've done a bit more reading since my last foray into the franchise.

There were a few minor problems, though. Firstly, I felt like the pacing was a bit off in some sections, most noticeably in the section where the events of the first day pre-church were summarised while Zouken monologued over the top. I can understand why they did that, though - it's already a two hour movie, after all, and adding in a section that the overwhelming majority of viewers would have already seen in UBW is somewhat unnecessary. Secondly, while most of the use of CG animation was flawless, a few bits didn't mesh too well with the 2D animation. This was most noticeable to me in the fight between Cu Chulainn and Hassan when they were atop the car carrier trailer, where the obviously anime character designs didn't fit too well aesthetically with the rather more realistic cars and environment.

Other than that, though, it was a pretty good movie.
Nov 23, 2020 7:04 PM

Jan 2019
Ah yes. The depression route
Dec 24, 2020 4:01 AM

Jul 2019
It feels like watching Fate Stay Night franchise for the first time again. Mysteries to unfold, I don't know what's happening. The way Emiya behaves here perfectly depicts the hero of justice problems he has. Concerns are shown over everyone even side character like Mitsuzuru, just like in the fate route. This might be my new favourite if they could tie this up. Great start.
Mar 21, 2021 2:09 PM

May 2016
This guy has to be one of the shittiest protagonists in any anime I've ever seen. He is such a pussy.

If they stopped making him so nice and such a pussy this could have been so much better. He should have beat the fuck out of the shitty brother.
Mar 21, 2021 2:19 PM

Aug 2009
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
This guy has to be one of the shittiest protagonists in any anime I've ever seen. He is such a pussy.

If they stopped making him so nice and such a pussy this could have been so much better. He should have beat the fuck out of the shitty brother.
Yeah better beat the shit out of the shitty brother while the sister cries, begging you to stop.
Not that he doesnt deserve it but that's completely ignoring the mental health of the one supposed to be protected.
He isnt a pussy for thinking of her.

Luckily Shirou has some common sense.
Mar 21, 2021 3:09 PM

May 2016
ssjokg said:
Kayle_x_Morgana said:

Yeah better beat the shit out of the shitty brother while the sister cries, begging you to stop.
Not that he doesnt deserve it but that's completely ignoring the mental health of the one supposed to be protected.

The guy treated him like shit and he still calls him a friend. Yeah beat the shit out of him... he literally hit the sister....

He took a hit from berserker for a servant. Lol. That is what I am talking about too nice
Mar 21, 2021 3:23 PM

Aug 2009
Kayle_x_Morgana said:
ssjokg said:

The guy treated him like shit and he still calls him a friend. Yeah beat the shit out of him... he literally hit the sister....

He took a hit from berserker for a servant. Lol. That is what I am talking about too nice

Did it cross your mind that he doesnt care about Shinji's bullshit towards him? And it works because Shinji was annoyed by that at school but delighted when Shirou got emotional at his home.

Regardless of how much he deserves it, and he does, hitting him out of emotion in front of his sister who is clearly against that isnt a smart idea.

Shirou didnt stop himself out of fear. The Berserker incident and Shinji arent comparable.

It has nothing to do with being nice. Beating the shit out of the brother in front of the abused sister who clearly not only is against it but also feels she is at fault and deserves the abuse, is in every way a bad idea.

Mar 26, 2021 7:08 AM
Apr 2020
Ah yes.. This is the stuff the I've been waiting for the whole Fate Series.. The first part of "UNLIMITED BUDGET WORKS" animation. This is just the first movie and I'm already hyped up. I really thought at first that this would've been the same as the original one, but it seems its not...

9/10. I'm more curious about that freakin ghost rider assassin and Zouken. Seems like this movie series is more depressing than the the others

On to the next one!
Mar 29, 2021 5:03 AM

Jul 2019
Amazing. The plot has me confused as there's a lot yet to unpack but the fights and the animation, my god.

I'm not a big Sakura fan yet because she's too moe, but I love how quickly things seem to move in this route. Having Caster out of the way already changes everything and it's nice to see the Matou old guy get his hands dirty for once. I can't believe Shirou is out this quickly.

Lancer vs Assassin was quite epic.
Mar 29, 2021 5:06 AM

Jul 2019
LoomyTheBrew said:
sirhcnil said:

----------------------------------------
Watched in Japan.

They got further than I thought they were going to, honestly, that's probably a good thing so they don't rush later.

Also are the sex scenes still present? I mean the more important ones happen later, but it'd be interesting if they kept the Rin one haha.

So Rider actually raped Shirou during the blood ducking?
Mar 29, 2021 6:18 AM

Aug 2009
Rojaseb said:
LoomyTheBrew said:

They got further than I thought they were going to, honestly, that's probably a good thing so they don't rush later.

Also are the sex scenes still present? I mean the more important ones happen later, but it'd be interesting if they kept the Rin one haha.

So Rider actually raped Shirou during the blood ducking?

If you mean the dream scene then yes.
Mar 29, 2021 7:24 AM

Jul 2019
ssjokg said:
If you mean the dream scene then yes.

My man can't catch a break
Apr 1, 2021 2:25 AM

Oct 2014
Fucking hell man the fight between Lancer and Assassin was absolutely insane!!! I've waited 4 years to watch this because I wanted to watch all three movies together and holy shit this lived up to every single expectation I had for this trilogy.

Matou was always such an interesting villain to me and I actually can't believe I'm finally getting to see him treated properly as such. Seeing his plans unfold and finding out what all the little things we saw of Sakura were in the other routes. Honestly Ufotable have handled this series perfectly. Hands down the best animation of any animated series ever be that western or eastern, they really reached the next level and this was only the first movie.

Can't wait to watch the next 2 and I really mean that because I'm gonna watch them now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Apr 2, 2021 9:15 AM

Apr 2014
Okay after watching it again, and reading some comments plus knowing a bit more from the other adaptations (I've read all of the VN excepy for HF) this is pretty good.

I really hope ufotable do a Stay Night to replace Dean's.
Apr 13, 2021 2:26 AM

Oct 2010
very confusing but a decent watch, many players died very early, stuff I did not expect.
Apr 15, 2021 3:08 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Fuckin beautiful man. Watched unlimited blade works back in 2017 so this was the only movie released at that time. I decided to wait out on it until all 3 movies were released. And now over 3 years later I’ve gotten my hands on spring song and am finally watching the heavens feel route; and so far it hasn’t disappointed at all.

Just 2 blaring questions I have right now that I hope will be answered later: how did rider manage to magically show up again, and where tf is Gilgamesh? Is his role not really integral in this route? Let me just say that that preview at the end got me hyped up

Of course ufotable is at the top of their game but what I really like is how they just throw you into it all. The take almost no time explaining anything, and just jump straight into it because if you’re watching this you should already know what’s going on. I mean they explain a little bit but nowhere near as thorough as before. Not for newbies, although I’m sure no one is coming into the fate franchise via this route LOL

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 15, 2021 3:33 AM

Aug 2009
BetaMaleUltra said:

Just 2 blaring questions I have right now that I hope will be answered later: how did rider manage to magically show up again, and where tf is Gilgamesh? Is his role not really integral in this route? Let me just say that that preview at the end got me hyped up
Rider went into spirit form when the book Shinji had burned. Then for reasons that will make sense later she appeared to help Shirou.

Well Gilgamesh never really does anything at the start other than meeting Sakura. Then he fucks off till he decides to join in the fun.
Apr 16, 2021 4:16 PM

Oct 2012
Finally getting to watch the movies and wow, this was great. Probably the best Fate adaptation so far.

The tone, the atmosphere, the stakes, the way things got very personal... this is really pretty dark and grim story from get-go. Compared to previous two routes, this is really something quite different and lot more mature. It's true conclusion where the FSN really shines and where the rules set by previous two routes gets turned and twisted. Here Shirou really gets the most character developement and turns quite different from Kiritsugu (cause he learns to stand for what's important for him). And I really enjoyed the mood they set.

The only one downside is probably the fact this movie expects you actually know the previous two routes or at least have seen UBW series before. Which is kinda understandable as retelling certain events would take time from showing what's important in this route (or they would end up with one more hour of runtime at least) but it also mean some moments can feel bit disconnected (mainly the one that followed first fight in the school and skip from being gravely injured to dinner with Kirei).

But on the other hand I was pleasantly surprised by movie-only backstory of Shirou and Sakura back when she was still in the middle school. The figths also felt pretty epic and they even manage to portray assassin well as a character.

If the other two parts maintains at least this level of greatness this would be really awesome adaptation.
Apr 21, 2021 12:11 PM

Nov 2016
Has Illya always been this edgy? Also surprised to see so many already down. In particular Lancer and Sub-Assassin.

Well anyway, pretty nice start.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

May 7, 2021 8:46 PM

Jul 2009
Finally watched it on BD :)

Such a visual treat! Truly Unlimited Budget Works :)

Unfortunately, they really skip a lot of the character interactions and put out a lot of servant deaths so quickly (Lancer/Assassin/Caster).

Sakura's route is so engaging! They even added some romance/ecchi scenes which reminded me of the ADV-VN game.

If this is your first Fate, then it's really a bad way to proceed with that. Should have at least watched Unlimited Blade Works or played the game.

There's also a lot of dialogue at the first half without music. I mean, it's not bad, but just surprising they had a lot of those moments.

Can't wait for the rest of the movies!! This is definitely making me want to watch more Fate series after this! Especially Grand Order Anime ones!
Jun 22, 2021 12:35 AM
Mar 2018
first movie already got me hooked alot more compared to ubw. honestly, better than zero? the weird muck stringy black thing is interesting. wtf is that and why did we not see it in ubw? and why is evil saber here? bodies dropping fast and the animation is so much better imo. overall, great start. 8.5/10. this is good shit
Jun 28, 2021 11:11 AM
Jul 2018
Already watched Zero and UBW so this will likely be my last fate entry (unless I decide to watch the 06 version)
-best animation of the 3 already
-lancer vs assassin best fight visually but I really liked the aesthetician of Saber vs assassin
-ost is godly, added so much to this movie
-sakura is easily best waifu in all of Fate
-shirou is a bit better in this than in UBW, I like how his vision of becoming a hero is affecting his decisions
-cannot emphasize enough how much I loved sakura in this
Overall a weak 9/10. The next two movies are supposedly much better so im excited.
Jul 20, 2021 4:38 AM

Aug 2019
damn held off since the August of last year to start these movies due to wanting to see it all at once but I procrastinated heavily and I’m finally watching them, Rider is definitely one fine bitch though
Jul 24, 2021 12:49 AM

Dec 2012
A year and half ago. Summer.
Shirou showing his archery skills.
Shirou got injured.
Sakura.
A year and 3 months ago. Fall.
A year and 2 months ago. Winter.
Shirou wanted to be a hero of justice like Kiritsugu.
10 months ago. Spring.
3 months ago. Fall.
Kiritsugu in the pics.
Trace on.

A very good start. Dat Lancer vs Assassin fight.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Jul 29, 2021 10:36 AM

Nov 2016
I wonder why this movie is so high ranked. Except great animation its worst from F/SN series, confusing as hell and even when I've seen all F/SN I don't even know what was happening in the movie not to mention half of the movie was boring romance with Sakura...
Jul 29, 2021 10:37 AM

Jun 2015
hiraishinx said:
I wonder why this movie is so high ranked. Except great animation its worst from FSN series, consufing as hell and even when I've seen all FSN I don't even know what was happening in the movie not to mention half of the movie was boring romance with Sakura...

should read the vn
Jul 29, 2021 10:45 AM

Aug 2009
KamisamaArigatou said:
hiraishinx said:
I wonder why this movie is so high ranked. Except great animation its worst from FSN series, consufing as hell and even when I've seen all FSN I don't even know what was happening in the movie not to mention half of the movie was boring romance with Sakura...

should read the vn
If the movie was confusing then I dont suggest reading the VN. Like, half the movie is talking with Sakura, the other half is Servants dying left and right. What was confusing about that?
Jul 29, 2021 10:49 AM

Jun 2015
ssjokg said:
KamisamaArigatou said:

should read the vn
If the movie was confusing then I dont suggest reading the VN. Like, half the movie is talking with Sakura, the other half is Servants dying left and right. What was confusing about that?

heaven's feel 3 is the most confusing to anime-onlies, and this one should be relatively simple in comparison, but if they don't understand it still then they should read the vn - the entire vn, not just Heaven's Feel
Jul 29, 2021 10:52 AM

Aug 2009
KamisamaArigatou said:
ssjokg said:

heaven's feel 3 is the most confusing to anime-onlies, and this one should be relatively simple in comparison, but if they don't understand it still then they should read the vn - the entire vn, not just Heaven's Feel
This has nothing to do with how confusing HF can be.

HF1 shouldnt be difficult at all to understand just by watching UBW. It is the same stuff+more Sakura and one new enemy. No new information about what is going on.
Jul 29, 2021 10:59 AM

Jun 2015
ssjokg said:
KamisamaArigatou said:

This has nothing to do with how confusing HF can be.

HF1 shouldnt be difficult at all to understand just by watching UBW. It is the same stuff+more Sakura and one new enemy. No new information about what is going on.

Never said HF1 was confusing, only said if they're that confused by HF1 even though they shouldn't, then go ahead and read the vn. It's a tactic to get them to read, surely they wouldn't want to be confused. But yeah, there's really nothing that confusing in HF1, only really 3. Perhaps this individual's brain is just slower than the rest, or they need to elaborate.
Oct 28, 2021 1:56 PM

Apr 2013
As expected the art and animation is top notch, sasuga ufotable. The story is quite different from the other Fate adaptions I have seen either, we already lost a bunch of servants in the first movie, including Saber. And Rider somehow came back? Which I don't mind at all, Rider is best girl and she desperately needs more spotlight :3
Jan 8, 2022 5:40 AM
Anti-social One

Mar 2013
What was the meaning of the maid going "beebo" when Illya said she saw a black kite near 1:50:00? Is it like lol, master's going crazy or some kind of reference?

Anyways, rewatched this after a few years to try to binge the entire Heavensfeel series and it feels almost like a UBW director's version - with a few clean changes. Definitely all the lines are blurring together after watching for so long
Jan 20, 2022 10:33 PM

Aug 2020
Everything about this is just much better than other fate series. I really enjoyed watching it, lots of it happened really fast but it is understandable if you have watched the past series like UBW. Very great adaption for me. The animation, soundtrack, and art goes well with my enjoyment. 9/10

» [The World's Continuation【世界のつづき】- UTA/Ado ♪] «
0:00 〇────── 4:55
↺ |◁ II ▷| ♡

Come and Join us!
Evil Club ψ
FuwaFuwa Sanctuary ✿
✿ DeaD Blossoms ✿
Jan 30, 2022 11:15 AM

Sep 2014
Everytime I watch Fate its amazing and I want to see more, yet whenever Im done watching it I completely forget about it. I watched Fate UBW, Zero and Prisma Illya 3 years ago, liked it very much and barely remember stuff.

Im kinda surprised by the animation though, its certainly not bad but I expected more from a movie version. Maybe its just the artstyle but whenever I see a characters face and its devoid of any detail or shading aside from the nose I cant help but think its cheap.

Story wise its a bit confusing that some characters like Rider come back and it doesnt help that I dont remember any of the servants aside from Saber, Archer and Lancer. Thats my fault though, I guess I should have rewatched UBW first.

Saber Alter appeared, here I thought that was a grand order thing. That shadow tentacle thing .. lets see what that is about.

Anyway Im curious were this is going, I waited a long time to be finally able to watch the entire trilogy at my pace.
Reading the comments here it seems the explicit scenes got cut? I guess I have to read the 100h LN after all. Why is it so damn long..

PS: Old Matou dude asking about "The Einzbern girl" getting no reaction and moving away in disappointment feels like a meme when you started Fate with Prisma Illya.
Comander-07Jan 30, 2022 11:19 AM
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 26, 2022 1:12 AM
Aug 2021
Idk what did I just watch but it’s pretty cool ngl. Confusing yet intriguing. Like the overall direction, although too fast at times. Good movie.
Apr 2, 2022 5:43 AM
Mar 2019
Sakura just annoyed me all the way through.
Why she turned up and never really left Shirou's house, i have no idea.
I know later she confessed but i still could not get used to her Senpai's.
Just about better than Good.
bushman66Apr 2, 2022 5:48 AM
Jun 22, 2022 2:08 PM
Nov 2020
This route is actually so different and mysterious!!!
Ufotable really nailed it with the animation, it was nice seeing a new villain.
Jul 5, 2022 9:42 AM

Nov 2010
This route is awesome! Lots of mystery and damn, the casualty is high! Sakura and Rider disappears so fast in other routes, so I'm glad to see more of them. Both are waifu tier!

I wish I have the same ability as Zouken. I want to devour pretty girls to cling on to life too!

9/10
Aug 12, 2022 5:54 AM
Dec 2021
i love it when theres saber
Nov 18, 2022 3:15 AM

May 2020
that was an amazing movie
solid 9/10
ufotable don't miss
the animation and osts were perfect
can't wait to see more of sakura and rider

Dec 6, 2022 7:19 PM
Oct 2022
Way darker turn on the Fate/Stay Night series, but overall very enjoyable watch, loved every bit of it. Ufotable animation is top tier as always
Dec 18, 2022 9:18 AM

Jan 2020
I don't know why my post got deleted, but I'll try again (and I'll repeatedly try to get this through):

I didn't like the movie that much because it contained too much violence for me. However, the fight scenes were absolutely amazing.
There was also a "love story" in the movie I didn't like. I'm not sure if it's exactly a love story, but it felt like one.
What I enjoyed the most was the scenes with Saber in it.
Mar 14, 2023 9:14 AM

May 2018
It was decent, but honestly this feels like a complete mess, it feels rushed and missing too many pieces, to the point where a lot of things just don't make any sense, not to mention the pacing is all over the place. I feel like they tried to do some sort of recap of UBW at the beginning, and throughout the film they just take everything else in the series for granted, without taking any time to properly introduce things and develop them in the course of the film. I had some fun, but I'm disappointed. If anything, it's a good audio-visual experience.

Grant me one hour on love's most sacred shores
    To clasp the bosom that my soul adores,
    Lie heart to heart and merge my soul with yours
Apr 28, 2023 12:53 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
Been craving some of that good old ufotable sakuga, so why not revisit what I remember to actually be my favourite of the heaven's feel trilogy of movies: Presage Flower, the first one.

Right off the bat, the thing that stands out most to me and the thing I like most about Presage Flower is how QUIET it is. In comparison to what we know of Fate, not much is said in terms of dialogue. There seems to be much less talk. There is rather minimal use of background music. When there is, it's very subdued. We really only hear music when sh*t is going down. And that's another thing I love: the contrast of the quiet and the short bursts of high octane action. It's quiet for the majority of the movie, but then it EXPLODES into a symphony of visual and sound effects. Like Saber's confrontation with Rider in the alleyway didn't last too long, but every second was spectacular to at least leave me satisfied for the moment. Saber just used Rider's chains against her and sent her flying into the wall. Speaking of Rider, I forgot how she was able to return despite looking like she was out of the game after the alley scene. I don't remember the explanation, I hope there is one coming in the next movie which I'll be re-watching as well.

As for our cast of characters, Rin has taken more of a background role, while Sakura comes forward to be more in the spotlight and focus of this route. But what I really want to talk about is the servants. Gosh darnit Lancer got done dirty AGAIN. Every route he is the servant that goes out in the worst way out of them all. Samurai-assassin made an appearance for like five seconds before dying and 'giving birth' to desert-assassin, who is still alive and kicking somewhere I think, somehow being under the control of the old Matou guy. Caster always had a pretty big role in the story for the time that they were alive, but here they just die, are brought back to life, zombified, and then dying again as they are consumed by that strange entity, which then takes control of Saber, and enters Saber Alter.

As for the others,

Anyway, this route really revolves around Sakura, and everything else is like a backdrop for her story. Also damn, I can only imagine people new to fate watching THIS as their first fate-entry and wondering wtf is going on. They really don't explain too much, this is definitely for those who have already gone through the previous routes. Now as for my new rating, I'll have to change it from the 8 that I had left it with. The wow-factor is only strongest at first, and watching it the 2nd time has shown that it has worn off. Still good, just not quite as amazing as the first time.

7.6/10

NYANPASU
5700XT

Jul 23, 2023 9:30 PM
Mar 2018
Quite be one of the best anime i watch so far
Aug 5, 2023 2:12 PM

Nov 2020
I didn't expect a ton of servants losing in the first part. They're probably still alive tho. Shinji is somewhat better in this part, he isn't just horni for Rin this time he looks alot more serious
Maybe if I jump over some stick alone during sunset I'll get a girl that will admire me too
Oct 21, 2023 6:54 AM
Jan 2022
MUITO BOM. Fate é incrível. Sim eu amo lutinha, mas o drama da Sakura e a história dos Matou ta bem interessante. Curioso PRA CARAMBA pra sequência.
Dec 1, 2023 7:16 PM

Nov 2023
I am not one person who understands and gets the plot of this series because of how long and boring it has gotten for me but I still enjoyed the movie
Mar 14, 3:16 AM

Mar 2013
After watching F/SN, Zero, and UBW years ago, and when I finally wanted to watch the HF movies, I got to see a movie with different routes taking place.
It was a rather weird experience but looking at how great the animation quality is, it's rather impressive.
I also found new characters. They're "Assassin" or something and that "hairy tentacle creature"... (which was rather creepy without sounds), but it was quite an intriguing thing. Additionally, most of the main antagonists that should have been alive have been literally killed. lol?! 😖
It was a slow paced watch with the story going too fast.

P.S. This movie made me love Sakura's character even more. Oh, I need her to be the main heroine... why can't she be the one... 😖😖😖 (I'd also like to take the Illya route)
CrazyButNot4UMar 14, 3:50 AM
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Mar 17, 10:08 AM
Aug 2023
What an absolute shitshow. This route truly cemented Shirou as the most useless and pathetic anime protagonist to ever exist.

Idk if I'll continue this but it sure left a bad taste in my mouth along with ruining the greatness of UBW's ending for me.
Pages (11) « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »

More topics from this board

» Is it even rape?

SwagsOnB - Sep 1, 2023

33 by Bolona07 »»
Apr 29, 10:22 AM

» Just casual discussion

Animo_san - Oct 4, 2023

10 by Rezete_01 »»
Oct 7, 2023 6:52 AM

» Can I start with this

Homura24 - Jun 25, 2022

46 by Epiccgaymer »»
Jun 28, 2022 2:39 AM

» Is it ok to watch Fate/Zero and then this trilogy? ( 1 2 )

nbnt - May 22, 2022

86 by pepre »»
May 24, 2022 4:05 PM

» So confused

_txhsin__ - Apr 10, 2022

19 by Stacias »»
May 11, 2022 4:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.