Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Oct 4, 2017 7:24 AM

Mar 2012
I usually watch the whole series including fillers no matter how stupid they are so the only "good" ones I remember are from series that I re-watch often otherwise I just forget them unless they were memorably bad like the ones from Ergo Proxy.

The ones that I liked from Kyo Kara Maoh, the series that I've re-watched the most:
Proof of life - the episode about Gwendal's relationship with his step father and how he died
Conrad Standing tall - Yuuri being thrown into the past, meeting Julia and seeing things that happened just before the war.
The bride is Anissina - loved the Gwendal x Anissina stuff :3
Moon reflected in water - Yuuri and Shouri switching bodies was fun, Shouri makes a much better MC than Yuuri
Oct 4, 2017 7:46 AM

May 2016
Slayers and Slayers NEXT have unskippable filler episodes.

This glorious signature image was created by @Mayumi!

I am the Arbiter of Absolute Truth, and here is my wisdom:

"Anime was always influenced by the West. This is not news.
Shoujo is the superior genre primarily aimed at young people.
Harem/isekai are lazy genres that refuse any meaningful innovation.
There is no 'Golden Age.' There will always be top-shelf anime.
You should be watching Carole & Tuesday."
Oct 4, 2017 9:13 AM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
SpaghettiSpike said:
some fillers in the big 3 were nice like the g-8 filler arc in One Piece or other i Naruto and Bleach and even Gintama has many fillers where you dont notice the quality drop

I heard Bleach fillers expanded on the bakai lore people wanted but I never watched it. But Naruto had some extremely dull filler. Mostly Naruto being real dumb but that was the only way you got to see any of the female characters do ANYTHING. So.

Mmmmh. Maybe the Team Gai one because it really focused on them but the rest were so "meh" at least later fillers in Shippuden stayed consistent with the art style.....even if it was standard.

Fang said:

In One Piece's case, it annoys me how they never adapt any of the cover stories which would make for some decent fillers.

I've never heard a statement that resonates with me so much. AMEN.

CHAMPIONOFDEATH said:
The Virtual World Arc from Yu-Gi-Oh!

This arc has an insane duel and I didn't even know it was filler till a few years ago or so.

After the abridge series ripped it a new one I can never watch it the same again but I agree that it had some of the best content along with a story that is constructed reasonably well.

nightcore34 said:
(blame Naruto).

I do.

BlazeSoulReaperX said:
if there are fillers where characters go to they beach they are a definite watch

Depends on how good the bathing suits are.
Oct 8, 2017 12:45 AM
Oct 2017
Just wondering, do you guys watch the fillers or do you think it is waste of time...also why do fillers even exist lmao
Oct 8, 2017 12:49 AM

Feb 2010
If they're good and enjoyable then sure. Being canon isn't a prerequisite to being entertaining or decently written. But I'm also not hesitant to skip them if they're uninspired, repetitive crap. Overall I'd say there's slightly more uninspired crap, but there's also enough fillers worth my time.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 8, 2017 12:50 AM

Nov 2009
I don't skip anything. If I did, I couldn't mark it as complete, and I don't drop anything unless it's impossible to find.

Whether or not the filler is "worth it" really depends on the series. Naruto filler? Utter crap. Conan filler? Amazing. Shorter anime with filler are more bearable since there isn't near as much.
Oct 8, 2017 12:52 AM

Mar 2010
For long running anime I tend to skip them if i'm binge watching. Any anime under 100 episodes and if its just one or two filler at a time I'll watch the filler.

Oh and fillers are just there normally if they need to slow the adaptation of the source material. If they want to have S1 at certain arc but they will be a few episodes behind they add filler.
Oct 8, 2017 1:20 AM

Mar 2012
Yes always, I don't even know that the next episode is going to be a filler so I end up watching it anyways.
Oct 8, 2017 1:23 AM

Sep 2017
I did in naruto and bleach and I enjoyed it more.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Oct 8, 2017 1:29 AM

Jan 2015
IntoOpenWaters said:
I don't skip anything. If I did, I couldn't mark it as complete, and I don't drop anything unless it's impossible to find.

Whether or not the filler is "worth it" really depends on the series. Naruto filler? Utter crap. Conan filler? Amazing. Shorter anime with filler are more bearable since there isn't near as much.

wow wow thats so me.... Honestly how could i ever skip anything and mark like 50 episodes as completed when i skipped those 2 episodes for example. Even if i hate those fillers i still watch it.
No wonder you have Sanzo in favorites :P as expected, as expected...
Oct 8, 2017 1:41 AM

Feb 2013
Hirugiku said:
IntoOpenWaters said:

wow wow thats so me.... Honestly how could i ever skip anything and mark like 50 episodes as completed when i skipped those 2 episodes for example. Even if i hate those fillers i still watch it.
No wonder you have Sanzo in favorites :P as expected, as expected...
eeh i believe you can mark as completed with 50/52 , just edit the episode number
Oct 8, 2017 1:49 AM

Jun 2017
i don't used to but sometimes...yes..(that means rarely)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 8, 2017 1:54 AM

Apr 2016
Well yeah, I don't think I've ever skipped a filler. Sometimes it's better than many cannon episodes of that certain anime and sometimes boring as hell.
Oct 8, 2017 3:00 AM

Aug 2016
I think the only 2 episodes I skipped in anything were the 2 recap episodes in Hajime no Ippo
Jan 9, 2019 2:47 PM

May 2017
Old thread but here goes.

The one in Inuyasha when a lord wanted to marry Sango. Cute moments for Miroku and Sango in that episode, I was surprised to find out it was filler.

The one in Naruto when they tried to find out what Kakashi's face looks like. Pretty funny episode.

Fullmetal Alchemist, the second half. It's an anime original ending for the story, while not perfect and not as good as the canon ending, it's still good, interesting and worth watching.

Fruits Basket, the last two episodes. I loved these episodes.
Jan 9, 2019 3:11 PM

Apr 2017
There are some fillers that I liked, like some of the earlier Bleach fillers, and most of FTs fillers. But in general it's usually pretty clear which part is filler because it's far bellow the quality of the story itself. When fillers are like that, I usually dislike them, and often skip them. Majority of the fillers are like that, unfortunately. Worst fillers were probably Naruto's unlimited flashback works fillers. I skipped what I could from those. Most recent example is Radiant, that had some really atrocious fillers right from the get go.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Jan 10, 2019 4:04 AM

Jul 2014
One Piece fillers are generally good. (Don't bother with Naruto filler though. My god.)
Jan 19, 2019 12:07 PM
Nov 2018
Naruto fillers level are straight out disasters but everything else can be watched.
Jan 19, 2019 12:50 PM

Apr 2010
Depends. If they don't feel like they interfere with the main plot, so it's okay.
Example for bad fillers: Naruto.

Jan 19, 2019 1:09 PM
Jul 2018
Usually I don't feel like they are a waste of time, nor do I skip them seeing as I don't know it is filler till I watch it. As long as it's not a complete shark jump or constant it doesn't really bother me.
Jan 19, 2019 5:24 PM

Oct 2017
tbh i don't really get ppl who skip fillers.......i think it's because it's not an usual thing to find among my friends who also watch a lot of shows. we all just watch the whole thing after all it IS the whole thing
[url=https://myanimelist.net/profile/mifti]
[/url]
Jan 20, 2019 2:11 PM
Jan 2017
Only filler I really liked was the Twelve Guardian Ninja Arc and the Three-Tails' Appearance Arc. Those were actually high enough quality that I didn't realize they were filler until after finishing them and looking it up.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 2 hours ago

14 by pludel2 »»
7 seconds ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - Yesterday

40 by rohan121 »»
7 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 2 hours ago

10 by Catalano »»
8 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

235 by perseii »»
11 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

60 by Pinoffin »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.