Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 12, 2010 11:02 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice, they kept the climax for the final episode.
Telestina Kihara showed us some scary faces, and she beated up Misaka regardless of the consequences in front of the hospital. It wasn't bad that the Skill-Out story was connected and Kongou had some screen time, as well. (the two other girls in pool was too random though)
Saten-san was great today, now go and punch Telestina with your bat xD
Mar 12, 2010 1:52 PM

Oct 2009
Telestina = BEATRICE!!!!!!!

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Mar 12, 2010 2:27 PM

Nov 2007
tsubasaloverMar 12, 2010 2:52 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Mar 12, 2010 5:03 PM

May 2009
OH MAH GOD, Telestina...
Mar 12, 2010 5:57 PM

Sep 2007
Beatrice Terestina. What a delicious combo. Good job to Mikoto letting Terestina get her hands on the kids. Annoying little girls who always let their emotions get the better of them. And seriously, Saten? A bat? A fucking bat? What are you going to do, beat on the mecha with it?
Mar 12, 2010 6:04 PM

Feb 2008
Omg... Beatrice invades into another game. Troll faces :D

Theme credit to Aizuke of Pokecommunity.
Mar 12, 2010 6:19 PM

Sep 2008
Uiharu was annoying, Misaka was dumb, Saten was an idiot and Kuroku was submissive. Can the cast get any lower then this?

Saving grace was Kiyama and her loveliness and determination.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 12, 2010 6:23 PM

Jul 2008
Telestina's faces!

What is Saten going to do with the bat? XD

Favorite part was when Kuroko slapped Uiharu.
Mar 12, 2010 6:28 PM

Jun 2009
I didn't know Telestina=Beato until she went bat-shit crazy and lolsatenbat.
Mar 12, 2010 6:38 PM

Nov 2008

Still thought it was a pretty lame episode despite the retarded drama and boring fight scene.
Wasabi said:
And seriously, Saten? A bat? A fucking bat? What are you going to do, beat on the mecha with it?
No man. She's going to fuck their shit up.

Maximatum99Mar 12, 2010 7:11 PM
Mar 12, 2010 7:33 PM

Sep 2007
Maximatum99 said:

Wasabi said:
And seriously, Saten? A bat? A fucking bat? What are you going to do, beat on the mecha with it?
No man. She's going to fuck their shit up.

Ohohohohohho that reminds me... I have to go finish Needless.
Mar 12, 2010 7:55 PM

Jun 2009
Suddenly I remember Higurashi. Now I'm waiting on KeiichiXSaten pics.
Mar 12, 2010 8:09 PM

Jul 2008
Railgun is finally getting good again. Loved Telestina's facial expressions in this episode and loved how she goes psycho in the second half.

Saten with a bat? Lol. This will be good. 5/5 for this episode by the way.
Mar 12, 2010 8:17 PM

Jul 2009
Quick spinoffy climax ending inc.

Touma scene inc.
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Mar 12, 2010 8:46 PM

Sep 2009
Telestina became pretty crazy there. Next comes the big climax.
Mar 12, 2010 9:47 PM

Apr 2008
Good to see this ending but ... seems like we don't see Index as much as Touma in this series o-o

Mar 12, 2010 11:10 PM

Feb 2009
Well I saw the bad guy switch coming, but it's kinda ridiculous how Telestina's personality just does a complete 180.

She could have made a fine antagonist as the evil calculative bitch, but I guess psychobitches are popular in Japan right now.
Mar 12, 2010 11:19 PM

Apr 2008
-Hei- said:

Same.
HawthorneKitty said:
Uiharu was annoying

Uhg. Crying bitch cries alot. Alot.

p.s. If I were misaka; I'd whip out a shitload of coins and shotgun that shit everywhere.
blahrgnessMar 12, 2010 11:23 PM
Mar 12, 2010 11:23 PM

Jul 2007
So their gonna squish the end battle into one episode ? I think they should have done it in 2-3 episodes instead >.>"
Mar 13, 2010 12:53 AM

Oct 2009
Ok fantastic episode just one problem....Telestina Kihara Lifeline and by it I mean she is now to me a slut! Add to that dirty and nasty! Not only did she trick everyone, not only did she assault Misaka to the point of this=>
and if it were not for Kongo she would have been used as a lab rat.....she called Wataru and his gang lab rats to be used for her capacity down.....add to that on top of all her nasty laugh as a GIF here=>
you got in the end of = a nasty/dirty slut! Really a raging girl that needs its life end like her grand-father should have long ago and also she is not forgiven for capturing Haruue.....that's kidnapping!. Uiharu was emotional....of course the slap was something too of Shirai=>
kind of like a wake up to her.....well it helped. Tessou and Aiho should do more than just give image feed-backs but I am guessing from the OP2 that they will have a mega action fest in 24....now where is Touma for this? Strangely they put some swimming fan service of Wannai/Maaya which looked kind of forced IMO=>
Clearly the grenade launcher of Telestina was terrible in its powers=>
Let's also not forget he rudeness towards Kiyama (since that was fast I slow motion it in GIF)=>
For some reason Misaka looked really nice with a skirt, white shirt and bare legs/feet...anyone else got a reaction?=>
Well Musashino milk is back and BTW do you get stomach problems for mixing rice balls with milk?=>
Best of all GIFs are most likely Misaka and Saten with her baseball bat=>
Other GIFs....Uiharu crying and Kongo=>
Overall Telestina became from likable to a complete slut to me.
Wasabi said:
I would make sure Telestina head flies off and she bleeds terribly considering it is exposed outside....
Kagaminya said:
Omg... Beatrice invades into another game. Troll faces :D
Omg.....Telestina is going to die and soon I hope somehow.....
blahrgness said:
-Hei- said:

Same.
I did not Telestina = to someone that made me rage when I liked her a little before.....now she need to be erased......also her grand father should have been like I mentioned earlier on.
HawthorneKitty said:
Uiharu was annoying

blahrgness said:
Uhg. Crying bitch cries alot. Alot.

What? She was emotional and lost control of it.....nothing more.
blahrgness said:
p.s. If I were misaka; I'd whip out a shitload of coins and shotgun that shit everywhere.

If I were Misaka I would get rid of the down capacity then fry the crap out of Telestina to make her food for dogs in the city IMO.
francismeunierMar 13, 2010 12:59 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Mar 13, 2010 1:01 AM
Oct 2008
What a twist /sacrasm

Seriously, how can they work in crime prevention organisation when they are that dumb? It was kinda obvious since first episode of the arc, that something is fishy with MAR. Also that "capacity down" thing is ridiculous deus ex machina. Imagine accelerator arc with this invention in mind. Why do you even bother to increase power of abilities if anti-skill, for example, can simply knock you out with capacity down and shoot from sniper rifle. Bad, bad writing.
Mar 13, 2010 1:02 AM

May 2009
Damn, seriously... Telestina... She's... Wow. Well, climax, ending, blahblahblah. :3
Mar 13, 2010 1:32 AM

Nov 2008
Kirion said:
that "capacity down" thing is ridiculous deus ex machina. Imagine accelerator arc with this invention in mind. Why do you even bother to increase power of abilities if anti-skill, for example, can simply knock you out with capacity down and shoot from sniper rifle. Bad, bad writing.
You do pose some valid points. The implications for "capacity down" is awesome for law enforcement also. Like a directional sound thing to focus the waves; therefore not affecting the user. They got one of those in the military already.
I had the same reaction when she activated it. I was like, "That's damn lazy!" Unfortunately, I can't turn off my brain for shit like this.
Mar 13, 2010 1:46 AM

Oct 2009
Maximatum99 said:
Kirion said:
that "capacity down" thing is ridiculous deus ex machina. Imagine accelerator arc with this invention in mind. Why do you even bother to increase power of abilities if anti-skill, for example, can simply knock you out with capacity down and shoot from sniper rifle. Bad, bad writing.
You do pose some valid points. The implications for "capacity down" is awesome for law enforcement also. Like a directional sound thing to focus the waves; therefore not affecting the user. They got one of those in the military already.
I had the same reaction when she activated it. I was like, "That's damn lazy!" Unfortunately, I can't turn off my brain for shit like this.
They have one in the army? So what do they use it for? Seriously why could not Misaka have just fried that machine? She could use parts of her powers....just needed to put it in the right direction....facepalm!

Mar 13, 2010 1:54 AM

Aug 2009
OMG TELESTINA HAS BEATRICE'S LAUGH!! GOD IT'S SO GOOD TO HEAR THAT EPIC LAUGH AGAIN!!

AA--Hahahahaha!!

Okay, sorry for the fanboy-ism. I just love Beatrice.
And Telestina looks a lot less hot when she's psycho.

Anyway, that was a great episode. Shirai slapping Uiharu was a YAAY moment for me. Thank god Uiharu snapped out of it and started to be useful again.
And I wanna know Kongo's power!
Samu-tanMar 13, 2010 2:11 AM
Mar 13, 2010 2:03 AM
Jan 2010
My opinion of this show went from a 8 to a 5. Let's see if it can get any lower in the last episode.
Mar 13, 2010 2:04 AM

Jul 2008
telestina needs to die a horrible death after all shes done- cont. the experiments on the kids, kidnapping, plus beating up misaka. she needs to pay for her crimes!!!
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 13, 2010 2:11 AM

Oct 2009
kage-bunshin said:
telestina needs to die a horrible death after all shes done- cont. the experiments on the kids, kidnapping, plus beating up misaka. she needs to pay for her crimes!!!
Yeah! That's it! Telestina must die! This is Spartaaaaaaaaaa! Let's get rid of the slut! I still hope they don't put her in some jail like Kiyama! Better would be either Misaka or Kiyama that kills her! Maybe even Haruue would be good too!
Jumperboy333 said:
OMG TELESTINA HAS BEATRICE'S LAUGH!! GOD IT'S SO GOOD TO HEAR THAT EPIC LAUGH AGAIN!!

AA--Hahahahaha!!

Okay, sorry for the fanboy-ism. I just love Beatrice.
And Telestina looks a lot less hot when she's psycho.

Anyway, that was a great episode. Shirai slapping Uiharu was a YAAY moment for me. Thank god Uiharu snapped out of it and started to be useful again.
And I wanna know Kongo's power!
Oh you like the slap? Good thing there is a GIF of it......are you sure she laughs like Beatrice?....damn I screwed up that last GIF of her laugh >_< by cutting the beginning of it since it looked too big but this one would be better I think=>
francismeunierMar 13, 2010 2:23 AM

Mar 13, 2010 2:23 AM

Nov 2008
Didya see that smirk? Did ya?

~Off to watch the actual episode.. hehe.
Mar 13, 2010 2:24 AM

Oct 2009
desolato said:
Didya see that smirk? Did ya?

~Off to watch the actual episode.. hehe.

Yeah I saw it.......the laugh was more annoying desolato...please use your hockey stick and knock the head off this slut for me....please! Puppy please?

Mar 13, 2010 2:27 AM

Aug 2009
francismeunier said:
Oh you like the slap? Good thing there is a GIF of it......are you sure she laughs like Beatrice?....damn I screwed up that last GIF of her laugh >_< by cutting the beginning of it since it looked too big but this one would be better I think=>

Yeah it is. It's the same VA.
Mar 13, 2010 2:41 AM

Oct 2009
Jumperboy333 said:
francismeunier said:

Yeah it is. It's the same VA.

Oh really? Hmmmmmm....well it was more annoying than Beatrice was so off with her head anyways! :D

Mar 13, 2010 3:13 AM
Jun 2008
1 more episode.....The sudden change of Terestina's personality really strange for me.Director overdo?
Mar 13, 2010 3:45 AM

Jul 2009
Kirion said:
Seriously, how can they work in crime prevention organisation when they are that dumb? It was kinda obvious since first episode of the arc, that something is fishy with MAR. Also that "capacity down" thing is ridiculous deus ex machina. Imagine accelerator arc with this invention in mind. Why do you even bother to increase power of abilities if anti-skill, for example, can simply knock you out with capacity down and shoot from sniper rifle. Bad, bad writing.
You point out some of my thoughts as well, people in this anime "universe" really are quite gullible and slow.
And where the hell are the government? One would thing they would have top notch security in an state of the art esper city, but nooo they let a bunch of school kids solve all their problems ^^
And not to take a bash at Mikoto's try of an heroic rescue (or rather failed attempt of vengeance), but the very first grenade would have knocked her out cold with the blast wave, especially combined with that explosion from the truck.
And the second grenade exploded, what 1,5 meters away form her? honestly.. people in the movie industry always seems to think your in the clear as long as you don't stand in the immediate blast radius, which is utterly and completely wrong.

I know, I know, this isn't reality but an bloody anime show but things like this still irritate me, especially when some people actually believe it works that way.
Just because it's a made up story it doesn't mean you can't maintain some level of realism ;)

My love for Kuroko doubled in this episode though when she slapped the pathetic crying Uiharu, I so wanted to do that the whole time xD
Mar 13, 2010 4:15 AM

Oct 2009
EternalDreamer said:
Kirion said:
And not to take a bash at Mikoto's try of an heroic rescue (or rather failed attempt of vengeance), but the very first grenade would have knocked her out cold with the blast wave, especially combined with that explosion from the truck.
And the second grenade exploded, what 1,5 meters away form her? honestly.. people in the movie industry always seems to think your in the clear as long as you don't stand in the immediate blast radius, which is utterly and completely wrong.
I would guess in this case the shrapnel did not get her nor were the blast radius from the way she dodged of course this is all assuming all was done as assumption let's it be in a perfect way.
EternalDreamer said:
I know, I know, this isn't reality but an bloody anime show but things like this still irritate me, especially when some people actually believe it works that way.
Just because it's a made up story it doesn't mean you can't maintain some level of realism ;)

Well I am watching a anime called Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 and that looks a good realism show about earthquakes.....
EternalDreamer said:

My love for Kuroko doubled in this episode though when she slapped the pathetic crying Uiharu, I so wanted to do that the whole time xD

Aha, you too....well the important thing about this was that it worked on Uiharu although Saten was a little surprised.

Mar 13, 2010 4:37 AM

Nov 2008
Hmm, just one more episode left. Of course, it will go out with a bang, but I'm not sure if it will save the whole show. (The first episode is still one of my favorites, although I probably rewatched it too many times, it still hasn't lost its charm. Too bad they strayed away from the initial plan..)

Any bets for a future Index II or Railgun II?
Both seem very unlikely to me. If I'm wrong, I'll buy you a keroko.

The lyrics of the ED this time really matched the atmosphere of the ending, nicely done..
Mar 13, 2010 5:46 AM

Jan 2010
Loved it!
And i just found the most anoying character in anime ever-Terestina
Mar 13, 2010 5:50 AM

Mar 2010
gloryfy said:
1 more episode.....The sudden change of Terestina's personality really strange for me.Director overdo?

Agreed. I thought it was way to drastic from the way she previously acted.
Mar 13, 2010 6:15 AM
Mar 2008

she's seriously mindfucked
Mar 13, 2010 6:50 AM

Oct 2009
draker said:

she's seriously mindfucked
Rofl! Yeah that's right so someone needs to get rid so her mind is shut down and she is no more among the people mindfucked.....right? After all a death person has its brain out of commission.....

Mar 13, 2010 7:12 AM

Nov 2008
gloryfy said:
It feels like the director knows this anime is kind of crappy so he just made her psycho to make up for the shit montage of a season.

Really? Is this the best he could do? It started off at a maximum of 8 for me and it dropped to a 5. Bitch be lazy.
Mar 13, 2010 7:20 AM

Mar 2009
interestingly the baddies are more worth watching than e goodies
Mar 13, 2010 7:34 AM

Jul 2009
Zephiel_ said:
My opinion of this show went from a 8 to a 5. Let's see if it can get any lower in the last episode.
Basically this..i wish they end this series after the lv upper arc..well let's just get over it

No no please no Railgun 2 until the manga at least has more materials
Mar 13, 2010 7:39 AM

Oct 2009
Laevantein said:
No no please no Railgun 2 until the manga at least has more materials
By all means yes to second season with a intro of Misaka parents and Shirai's parents with more Touma = a win season 2 for me beginning then more bad people......I can already smell the success anyone else? Oh yes more fan service too..... :D~~~

Mar 13, 2010 7:43 AM

Mar 2009
Maximatum99 said:
gloryfy said:
It feels like the director knows this anime is kind of crappy so he just made her psycho to make up for the shit montage of a season.

Really? Is this the best he could do? It started off at a maximum of 8 for me and it dropped to a 5. Bitch be lazy.

Actually, i think was already planned for Telestina to be a psycho ever since they revealed that she's a Kihara. For those of us who have read the novels or the series, we weren't dumbfounded but very happy surprise to know there was another Kihara, and like all Kihara's, they seem nice but are really psychotic scientists.
Mar 13, 2010 7:48 AM

Jul 2009
francismeunier said:
By all means yes to second season with a intro of Misaka parents and Shirai's parents with more Touma = a win season 2 for me beginning then more bad people......I can already smell the success anyone else? Oh yes more fan service too..... :D~~~
Noo, no i rather pick Imouto Arc in it and wait 3 years or more till the manga has more materials in it and watch Index 2 if they were planning on making it, a middle school girls fan service? not working on me btw XD unless it's the four eyed girl XQ
Mar 13, 2010 7:49 AM

Dec 2007
It's like I'm watching Umineko for a moment there.
Mar 13, 2010 8:16 AM
Mar 2009
Those rape faces from Telestina was something else along with that cackling laugh of her's ('Sup Beato)....

Made the episode pretty amusing and her fight against Misaka and the earlier, short scuffle with Kiyama were nice but taking everything else that happened into account, it was a really cheesy episode.
Mar 13, 2010 8:28 AM

Nov 2008
MrTerrorist said:
Actually, i think was already planned for Telestina to be a psycho ever since they revealed that she's a Kihara.
I mean that the exaggeration to make the audience feel a sort of genuine hate for her or just be impressed by her over-the-top crazy vibe. That's what I think the director wanted.
Mar 13, 2010 8:57 AM
Observer

Nov 2007
and I thought they couldn't have ruined it more.

Cliche and lame Telestina character was totally cardboard...

The first half was awesome then they really just should have gone into the Sisters arc and skip this filler shit.
bla bla bla
The endless debate between fans and haters. At one point, after spending a lot of time on MAL, you just realize it's totally pointless.
Niko-kun said:
On MAL, everyone who has used the lame rating system becomes a critic and an intellectual by default, haven't you heard?
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

UnknownFact - Jan 2, 2010

169 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:51 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

throwaway513846 - Dec 25, 2009

224 by StateofOhayo »»
Apr 23, 10:13 PM

» Do you like Kuroko’s horniness, or do you think it’s annoying?

SwagsOnB - Oct 2, 2023

31 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:11 PM

Poll: » Do you like Toaru Kagaku no Railgun?

SpinStudios - Oct 25, 2021

18 by waalex11 »»
Mar 13, 5:08 PM

Poll: » Toaru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Proselyt - Jan 29, 2010

164 by TheAncientOne »»
Feb 25, 9:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.