3It was OK
2.5%
2Disliked it
0.6%
1Hated it
0.6%
Average 4.8
163 votes
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Mar 10, 2010 2:51 AM

Aug 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Blackbeard stole Whitebeard's Devil Fruit power?! This is huge, this is just crazy!!! I had imagined that there could be such a possibility for someone to be able to take other people's devilfruit-powers, but then I thought, "nah it's too strong". Guess I was wrong...

BB really is a D then, to not be a "normal human being".

Akainu can kiss my ass!!! He ain't ever getting Luffy too!! Kill him somebody, kill that dog!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Mar 10, 2010 4:27 AM

Sep 2007
... Disliked this chapter.
BB remember me of Aizen. x_x
Mar 10, 2010 10:17 AM

Jan 2009
I don't think its the fact he is a ".D" but more of how is body is because of the effects of his DF. A really amazing chapter, was not expecting BB to steal WB's power. Every week the suspense just keeps building, Oda has to stop doing this or I am going to have a heart attack at how epic this all is.
Mar 10, 2010 10:18 AM
Sep 2008
Like ShiroiRyu said, BB is getting too close of being the Aizen of OP and I don't really like it. BB and his power was fine as it was, didn't really see the point of giving him even more powers. Decent chapter anyway, abit disappointed.
Mar 10, 2010 10:18 AM

Jan 2009
Crazy chapter. I had the same idea ah_18, about a fruit allowing to "absorb" other powers. Crazy.

Man, Ace's death seems pretty definite :<

Also, time skip seems to be very likely at this point.
Mar 10, 2010 10:27 AM
Sep 2007
I don't know how people can compare BB to Azien of all people. Sure he can make earthquakes now, and black holes, but White beard showed us how easily he was able to slash him. He still as his flaws, while Azien shows no flaws at all, none. Anyway fucking epic chapter Oda is just fucking unbelievable, I have no idea where One Peice is going now dam it.
Hi
Mar 10, 2010 10:32 AM

Jun 2007
As long as he doesn't become invulnerable to physical attacks like so many of the Logia users are (though I get the feeling haki is going to be a major factor in the inevitable final battle) then it isn't completely ridiculous.
Mar 10, 2010 10:35 AM

May 2008
He's like sylar from Heros
I think he absorbes whitebeard's body before the ability left it
ohoh!!
now he has a Paramecia and Logia devil fruit ability
maybe he has the ability to have one more ,a zoan type
(what do you think of that idea?)
---------------------------------------------
I cant wait until they have 19 page chapters again

Mar 10, 2010 10:42 AM

Jan 2010
So it's because of his body that he can posses 2 DF powers? Well I don't think even his body can have more than 2 DF at a time. If he could, well, he would easily become pretty much unbeatable.
Mar 10, 2010 10:47 AM

Apr 2009
people comparing him to Aizen are retarded...

BB was weak with his darkness..

a jet-bazuka would kill off BB instantly ...

now it will be The ULTIMATE Enemy of luffy's for sure..

FUCKING AWESOME
Mar 10, 2010 10:50 AM

Feb 2009
ShiroiRyu said:
... Disliked this chapter.
BB remember me of Aizen. x_x

except blackbeard has been shown to be vulnerable to attacks/ has personality/ has motive/ has an interesting crew THAT WONT EFFING FAIL LIKE A BUNCH OF RETARDS AFTER BEING HYPED UP OUT THE ASS TO BE SOME BAMFS (sorry rage)...

so, yeah, aizen and blackbeard arn't anything alike imo
Mar 10, 2010 10:53 AM

May 2009
Yet again a badass chapter

dragafire said:
He's like sylar from Heros
I think he absorbes whitebeard's body before the ability left it
ohoh!!
now he has a Paramecia and Logia devil fruit ability
maybe he has the ability to have one more ,a zoan type
(what do you think of that idea?)
---------------------------------------------
I cant wait until they have 19 page chapters again

Comparing BB with Aizen like some did just doesnt fit cause Aizen is gawd of bleachworld..
Bb is at least atackable..Comparison with Sylar form heroes fits better i think.
As a zoan fruit a bear type fruit would fir well to blackbeard and i thin kwe didnt have one yet but nvm i dont think he gets any moar fruits he has 2 of the strongest ones i dont think oda will overpower him with more fruits
Mar 10, 2010 10:56 AM

Sep 2009
To all of saying BB is the Aizen of One Piece, rest assured, Oda knows what he's doing. So believe in him a little bit will ya! Oda hasn't given us an epic chapter after another and then destroys the whole thing just like that! As I said, have faith.
Great chapter.

Edit: Epic chapter! :P
Mar 10, 2010 10:56 AM
Sep 2007
Aside from Blackbeard and his age, it seem's that I was truly right when I said that members of Strawhats are meeting again.

Just look at Chopper and Zoro.
Chopper really looks like he missed him so much.

Now, only Nami has left.
Mar 10, 2010 11:02 AM

Feb 2009
Psajdak said:
Aside from Blackbeard and his age, it seem's that I was truly right when I said that members of Strawhats are meeting again.

Now, only Nami has left.

the coverpages have nothing to do with the actually story...
Mar 10, 2010 11:07 AM

Apr 2007
Psajdak said:

Now, only Nami has left.

They aren't coverstories, look at the cover of 574, Luffy and Nami are together there, and Nami didn't meet up with Luffy...

Chapter was epic, and comparing BB to Aizen is definitely ridiculous, though I must admit, Blackbeard is strong as hell right now :P

Mar 10, 2010 11:07 AM

Aug 2009
I agree with the "Sylar from Heroes" comparsion, that's the character I had in mind myself.

Rayleigh is love. Aw man, to see that awesome old man shed tears.. :(
But we only get to see his reaction to WB's death, not his nakama's only son's, Ace... WB is definitely more important to the history of piracy. Ach, I'm over-analyzing. I'm just still sad about it.

HAHAHA damn Buggy, makes me laugh so hard even though I'm shocked!!

Jimbei seems close to become the next nakama?

EDIT: Hmm, now it hit me, what was that black cloth they put on WB!? To hide how BB used his power or was it with the help of that black cloth that he was able to take in WB's power?

ah_18Mar 10, 2010 11:33 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Mar 10, 2010 11:10 AM

Aug 2009
Psajdak said:

Now, only Nami has left.

Sorry to disappoint, it's just a picture, he's crying 'cause he's damn scared of those crocodiles (and falling into the water?).

Yet if one reallly wants to see more into it, into these recent pictures of the crew, we could theorize that when the crew is finally meeting up, it's going to be Luffy & Nami first, then Sanji & Usopp and then Zoro & Chopper??
ah_18Mar 10, 2010 11:33 AM

Mar 10, 2010 11:15 AM
Sep 2008
The reason I said he is getting close of being Aizen is because how things are going now, absorbing a fruit and get its powers. So if he absorbs a logia type he could get the immune against physical attack (not counting with haki here). Maybe abit to early to say since it's not known much about the power. But Oda wont screw this up...

It'll also be interesting too see who the fourth Emperor is and what Shanks and Kaidou are up to now after the battle. This is what I'm looking forward to now at least ^^
DereshishishishiMar 10, 2010 11:24 AM
Mar 10, 2010 11:19 AM

Sep 2007
I'm only gonna say this:
holy fuck.
Mar 10, 2010 11:21 AM
Jul 2018
Fucking Shit! This is really epic! Fuck you Oda for being so epic and amazing every week!

Black Beard announcing that 'This is his Age' was really awesome. He truly has become an awesome and amazing villain. Suck on that Aizen!

Can't wait for the next chapter. Oda has really planned it well, WB Pirates can do a shit now. their only chance of escaping is if BB starts to smash things up big time

P.S. = I fucking agree with Captain Buggy! Climaxes are surely scary :P
Mar 10, 2010 11:23 AM

May 2007
Feka said:
I'm only gonna say this:
holy fuck.

Haha, took the words right out of my mouth. Because Oda has said that it was impossible for a person to hold two devil fruit powers, this path that he choose completely caught me off guard. Really, there was nothing that led me to believe this was going to happen. And it does make sense, because if Blackbeard's body is "darkness" or a black hole, it just sucks everything in. Interesting, interesting.

Giving Blackbeard the air of immortality and yet, also telling us from the last chapter that he is still very much vulnerable, makes it all out to be quite an interesting predicament.

At this point, I would think the Marines should not bother with capturing Luffy anymore, but dealing with this impending doom, no?
Mar 10, 2010 11:28 AM
Jul 2018
Dezlol said:
Like ShiroiRyu said, BB is getting too close of being the Aizen of OP and I don't really like it. BB and his power was fine as it was, didn't really see the point of giving him even more powers. Decent chapter anyway, abit disappointed.

He's not like Aizen! Just because he planned it for a long time and betrayed everyone doesn't make him like Aizen

To be honest, his DF was the crappiest of Logias before this chapter. He can't do a shit against Haki or even Normal psychical attacks (even Zoro could've cut him down easily). You saw WB nearly fucking him in even half death state. There are Shanks, Admirals and all sorta big shots still there. If we want to have a direct rival for Luffy, then he has to be stronger than everyone else

In short

In Bleach = Aizen is the only Strongest a part from 2 or 3 others (Yamma, Urahara and may be one or 2 more captains)

but in OP, there are countless big shots still remaining
Mar 10, 2010 11:33 AM
Sep 2008

^Great that you missed what I wrote later on page 1...
Mar 10, 2010 11:38 AM

Aug 2008
..WOAH. That was totally unexpected. Just when Oda dropped a big bomb by killing in the previous chapter, he drops another. Just wow. This is so great.

And I like how, even in all the seriousness, Oda throws in another Buggy joke!

Jesuvius: A valid point indeed. But if there's a timeskip now, the story would "escape" from all the tension that's building up. And I can't really think of anything other than a dystopian world under the dictatorish rule of Blackbeard if there would be a timeskip.
Mar 10, 2010 11:39 AM

Apr 2009
Gt_Machine said:
Psajdak said:

Now, only Nami has left.

the coverpages have nothing to do with the actually story...

dont worry, he's retarded
Mar 10, 2010 11:45 AM

Dec 2009
He keeps them coming. O god, next chapter already <3
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 10, 2010 11:47 AM

Oct 2007
Not a fan of this at all

2 DFs is just...There's a reason it should be impossible =/
Mar 10, 2010 11:48 AM

Apr 2008
I think BB absorbing WB's power was kinda cheap. BB is a great villain, though. I can't fucking stand him. xD

Psajdak said:

Or Chopper was scared because of what they were standing on and was relying on Zoro...which is typical Chopper. ;] I don't think they've met up.
Mar 10, 2010 11:51 AM

Jul 2009
This doesn't sounds good
Mar 10, 2010 11:55 AM

May 2009
i expected something like that when i saw that black cloth-_- but still it amazes me:D... But 2 DF should be his limit ...other way it wouldn't be fun anymore
Mar 10, 2010 12:16 PM

Oct 2007
Well there definetly seems to be a explanation for how he got 2 powers and why he didnt want to show anyone how he did it.

Im glad he didnt disrepect WB's corpse which was what I though he was gunna do when he put that black cloth over him >.>

Wheres Ace!? I dont want BB stealing his powers too!
Mar 10, 2010 12:26 PM

Jan 2009
V3gas said:
Jesuvius: A valid point indeed. But if there's a timeskip now, the story would "escape" from all the tension that's building up. And I can't really think of anything other than a dystopian world under the dictatorish rule of Blackbeard if there would be a timeskip.

Yeah I didn't mean now as in right now =) But at the end of this arc. People escape and then a timeskip, you know. A Blackbeard ruled world sounds kind of awesome though =D
Mar 10, 2010 12:47 PM

Apr 2009
Grimmm said:
I think BB absorbing WB's power was kinda cheap.

because he's a fucking villain -_-

and its the only way to make him more stronger/badass..

BB with darkness fruit is VERY WEAK... zoro would slash him down -_-
Mar 10, 2010 12:57 PM

Aug 2009
Blackbeard is a badass. Favorite villain.
Mar 10, 2010 12:58 PM

Jun 2009
Dunno who started comparing AIzen to BB, but that's a crappy comparison. Aizen's just untouchable with his "lol that was an illusion"where as BB is now bad ass strong but probably still have other people who's on par with him in OP. Like dragon?

Anyways, great chapter, but why aren't the marines doing SOMETHING to BB and his crew rather than just focusing on getting the remnants of the WB pirates????

And yeah, anyone think that Luffy might be able to handle two DFs like BB?
Mar 10, 2010 1:01 PM

Apr 2008
smokes said:
Grimmm said:

I guess. I hope Oda makes it more clear. Like can he only do that once? Can he only do it if the original user is dead? I guess either way it'll be okay if BB is gonna be the main villain from now on.
Mar 10, 2010 1:04 PM

Oct 2007
smokes said:
Grimmm said:

he took down Ace with it =/
Mar 10, 2010 1:09 PM

Apr 2009
@yeah he's strong, i mean that he has low defence
very low..
Mar 10, 2010 1:13 PM

Jan 2009
Dreamtheater2112 said:
he took down Ace with it =/

The fruit seems to be a miracle worker against Logia. But would it work just as well against Luffy? If Luffy hits him he might not be able to stretch, but his attacks would probably still connect.

I wanted Ace to use his dagger before dying :(
Mar 10, 2010 1:14 PM

Oct 2007
yeah but getting WB's DF didn't improve his defense to even him out...it just made his offense so ridiculously stacked its not even funny. not to mention the darkness fruit still has the ridiculous hax ability of negating any DF...so the only way to take him down is with brute strength...and I'm still really not sure if his defense is that bad or if WB caught him off guard...plus its WB
DreamTheater2112Mar 10, 2010 1:17 PM
Mar 10, 2010 1:22 PM

Apr 2008
Couldn't BB just suck everyone up in his black hole thingy? xD And now he'll shake the ground too as he sucks 'em up. Sweeet. :P
Mar 10, 2010 2:00 PM

Aug 2008
come on luffy wake up or something other then the marine part happen

crazy blackbeard got 2 ability now something i thought luffy was going to be the first to have, when i thought he would take the risk of eating another fruit. but oh well
Mar 10, 2010 2:02 PM

Aug 2007
Hmm, this is quite interesting but unless a timeskip is next week I don't see where Oda's going with this.
Mar 10, 2010 2:31 PM

Jul 2008
Oooooh Snap~
Mar 10, 2010 2:33 PM

Jun 2007
Fucking Brilliant! Blackbeard is truly an amazing villain.

From the very start Blackbeard was planning this. Remember his little speech about shaking this world to the core? From the very beginning he wanted Whitebeards power. He just didn't have the strength and ability to obtain it. That's where the Yami Yami no mi came into play.

Not only is it a powerful ability in its own way, by using it and creating a black hole in his own body, it gives him the ability to use another Devil Fruit without exploding. This is probably only possible once, because if he could hold an endless supply of fruits he would have taken Ace's ability as well. But no, he wanted the Gura Gura no Mi, and this is exactly why he joined Whitebeards crew in the first place. (Learn about his ability and methods as well as increasing the chances of finding the Yami Yami no Mi)

He has the ability to leech other people's powers (remember the Ace fight, and his little brawl with Whitebeard.) So the possibility of a Black Hole that holds the other fruit is not impossible if you ask me.
There is also the possibility there is another person inside him thanks to his power, why because of this page:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v24/c225/16.html
This does not make him "Aizen invincible" I don't like comparing series. This was something Oda planned from the get go, and he gave us a few hints to this a long time ago. Oh and on a funny side note:

Whitebeard - Edward Newgate
Black Beard - Marshall D Teach

2 became 1
Edward Teach, the name of the REAL pirate Blackbeard.
muldermanMar 10, 2010 2:40 PM
Mar 10, 2010 3:11 PM

Apr 2009
@mulderman - BRILLIANT POST man ;)
Mar 10, 2010 3:14 PM

Dec 2009
mulderman said:

There is also the possibility there is another person inside him thanks to his power, why because of this page:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/one_piece/v24/c225/16.html

Nah, I agree with Nami. I believe they were talking about his companions. But yeah, it's kinda odd at least.
I have my own anime blog. It's called Anime Viking. Hope you'll you read it!

Mar 10, 2010 3:51 PM

Jul 2008
so blackbeard asorbed the gora-gora fruit, damn....
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Mar 10, 2010 4:33 PM

Jan 2009
Dreamtheater2112 said:
yeah but getting WB's DF didn't improve his defense to even him out...it just made his offense so ridiculously stacked its not even funny. not to mention the darkness fruit still has the ridiculous hax ability of negating any DF...so the only way to take him down is with brute strength...and I'm still really not sure if his defense is that bad or if WB caught him off guard...plus its WB

Not necessarily, we still don't know what effects Haki would have on his ability, so their is still that option.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 648 Discussion ( 1 2 )

VK11 - Nov 30, 2011

97 by Ston3_FreeN7 »»
2 hours ago

» How many chapters egghead got left?

Deanomac2010 - Yesterday

15 by Messiah357 »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 16 Discussion

JoquishaJoestar - Jan 20, 2010

20 by Dumb »»
Today, 2:15 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 15 Discussion

23 by Dumb »»
Today, 2:13 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 14 Discussion

22 by Dumb »»
Today, 2:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.