Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 7, 2017 1:00 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Oh man, it's up to Kaiman now.

Next chapter should be super exciting from all this buildup. Time to unleash that power!
Sep 7, 2017 2:49 PM

Jun 2009
I'm gonna miss those notes.

Also Kaiman is a magic user now!
Sep 7, 2017 9:48 PM

Mar 2017
Finally! I've been waiting to see if anyone would translate this chapter.

Kinda glad Nikaido isn't a devil anymore. But now she was killed AGAIN ?!
Sep 8, 2017 6:30 AM

Apr 2010
Finally the manga is reaching it's climax! Maybe it will be concluded by the end of the year.

I wonder what kaiman's magic will be.
Sep 9, 2017 12:54 AM
Jul 2018
Kaiman's Power: Control and eat all kinds of gyoza!
Sep 10, 2017 4:05 PM

Dec 2015
I kinda expected that something would happen that would make Kaiman retain this head and it was obvious that Nikaido would return somehow but I didn't feel relieved this time.

To be honest, the second time she was killed off in this chapter (the beheading) elicited quite a negative response out of me.
I don't know how to put it exactly, but to see Nikaido die yet again (so soon after she miraculously survived) felt very annoying to me.

Especially since it serves the plot in such an obvious manner.

I can see why she needed to die ( to have Kaiman receive his powers, complete his character arc and tie the devils plot up) but it was done cheaply in my opinion.

I can't help but feel that I was cheated out of the promise of something much better/ bigger.

Something about the last few chapters in general has felt kinda off to me, the tension was suddenly gone and I couldn't get emotionally invested in what was happening to our protagonists at all.

I wonder if it's a pacing issue or maybe the constant death and rebirth makes the stakes too low or another possibility is that now that all of the mysteries have been resolved and Kaiman's identity, the inner workings of Hole and the creation of that world, the devils etc. have been explained, an essential element of what drew me to Dorohedoro in the first place is gone.

The switch to Monthly Shonen Sunday indicates that the ceased publication of the magazine might be an additional source of stress and catalyst for change, so I wish that Hayashida Q will be able to end her story in peace now.

I hope the final showdown will live up to our expectations, after everything we've been through, I want to see a hard-earned but nonetheless deserving climax and epic confrontation; a last spike of energy so to say

(Btw I was really happy that Kaiman/ Ai recognized his grandpa and in general, the meeting between the 4 inside Kaiman's mind made me happy)
Oct 19, 2017 11:58 PM
Mar 2015
I found the short period of time between Nikaido's deaths to be pretty entertaining.
Dec 3, 2018 1:54 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Kaiman' moment of awesome is somewhat underwhelming considering that Nikaido dies again (only to be certainly revived again soon)
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 7, 2019 7:30 AM

May 2016
Nikaido died a sad death but she came back in time just as quickly but died along with Asu just as fast. Instead of sadness, seeing their headless bodies like that made my jaw drop in shock. She fought so hard without any pants on and Kaiman already had his moment where all of his personalities' memories merged into one and that happened...

The Ex-Devils presented a way for Kaiman to save his friends at the cost of never having his face back but he decided to go through it anyway!

Apr 16, 2020 4:32 AM

Nov 2013
You're a wizard Ha...Kaiman!
Feb 10, 2021 3:12 PM

Jul 2012
Wow, the "Kaiman has magic powers now" thing was a major let down to me. It comes out of nowhere and felt like a basic shounen... Am I the only one who thought it was out of place ?
Feb 10, 2021 3:33 PM

Mar 2020
PEOPLE OF EARTH, LEND ME YOUR ENERGY!!!!!!
Floyd Mayweather English Tutor
Apr 28, 2021 6:43 AM
Jul 2019
That's the chapter that got me annoyed with Dorohedoro final arc even thought it's my favorite manga of all time.
Oct 20, 2021 2:17 AM

Jan 2021
The official chapter has way more pages than the official one, like 10 pages of content

anyway, DHD has always been kinda shounen-y in people getting random powers and with death meaning absolutely nothing cause everyone getting constantly revived, so idk what the problem is

But then again the is a 10:1 ratio (currently) of 5/5 to 3/5 rating so idk if ppl even have a problem with it
May 16, 2023 3:19 PM
Apr 2023
nikaido is so hot damn
Sep 28, 2023 1:21 PM

Aug 2022
Such a long chapter! I wonder what magic Kaiman has.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Dorohedoro Chapter 79 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Apr 30, 2013

17 by Romeo »»
May 5, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Chapter 76 Discussion

9 by Romeo »»
May 3, 4:59 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Chapter 72 Discussion

7 by Romeo »»
Apr 29, 2:53 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Chapter 42 Discussion

Pirating_Ninja - Apr 28, 2013

3 by scorpioniclibra »»
Apr 28, 3:53 PM

Poll: » Dorohedoro Chapter 70 Discussion

9 by Romeo »»
Apr 28, 2:51 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.