Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 6, 2017 5:19 PM

Sep 2015
Digimon and Gundam.and Gintama! nothing beat those 3 so far on my list.
Into the Internet!
Sep 6, 2017 5:23 PM
Jan 2017
Well I was an obsessive Attack on Titan since I first saw it (I still like it btw), then I became an obsessive Fullmetal Alchemist fanboy (still like that as well), then I became an obsessive Hunter x Hunter fanboy (still am), then I became an obsessive Evangelion fanboy (still love this as well), then an obsessive Berserk fanboy (again, still am), and in the present day I am currently an obsessive JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fanboy. I wonder what's next for me, but for all of these series I have watched the animes and all available (or most) spin offs and side stories along with movies. I read all the manga except Eva which I plan to do, but it isn't the source material anyway. Also I started the One Piece anime in the Eva stage and transitioned to manga in the Berserk stage, and for the One Piece manga along with the Vinland Saga manga, I have been low-key fanboying over those alongside my main obsessions. Of course nowadays I wouldn't say obsessed, but I would be willing to get into long tedious internet discussions about any of these anime/manga. Of course I do point out the flaws in FMAB more than the others mostly because that's the only one that gets literally no criticism so I feel the need to say it's flaws sometimes. And the original FMA too but that one's flaws are more recognized so it's pointless to mention anything more than that I recognize them. By the way for all of these I wrote fanfiction. Starting with shipping fanfiction for AOT and FMA, but turned into non sipping fanfiction with a focus on plot to make a head canon ending for myself for HxH and Eva since HxH will never end and Eva was very open ended. Now, in the modern day, I write satirical and kinda fucked up fanfiction for both JoJo and Berserk and I don't take it seriously at all. I don't understand it but I slowly became edgy as the anime watching years passed by.
Jason_FunderberkSep 6, 2017 5:35 PM
Sep 6, 2017 8:10 PM
Mob Character C

Oct 2009
First off, the Rock Lee spin off is pretty funny and kinda cute. I liked it more than actual Naruto even though you probably have to get into Team Gai and emphasize with them almost to the point that they're your fave characters of the show to really appreciate it.

A series I went and am still pretty much deep into is Hetalia. Oh man.;; I still read World Stars since it's still going, but I've mostly read and watched everything I could with the series. Bought merch... cosplayed from it... roleplayed from it... have OTPs from it... ??? to it... I tried playing the little visual novels and whatever else if I could get my hands on them. Most of the time, I couldn't and never made a grand attempt to do so though. I did listen to songs, but if there were dramas on those CDs then I probably didn't bother since they probably weren't translated at the time. I listened to Hetalia Fantasia for like one track until I decided I was going to continue since I couldn't understand anything and there was no translation at the time.

Another would be Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. My favorite.

Less so would be Durarara; I watched I think almost everything, but I'm not like thinking about it all the time like the two above.

Also, I'm trying hard to do the Gundam thing.

Enjoy your anime! | Witch Cafe Wisteria
Sep 8, 2017 7:38 AM

Aug 2014
Deep so deep im still inside trying to get out
Sep 10, 2017 5:09 AM

May 2015
Gexis said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

That's serious dedication. Why did you do it?

I really liked Naruto growing up...

Yeah, but why? What attracted you to it?

ZBlastHistory said:

I hope Tamers is your favorite.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Sep 10, 2017 5:24 AM
Jun 2015
Probably death note. I fantasized about it, attempted writing a fan fic, followed any types of news, watched dozens of fan theories, had a death note ready in my amazon cart etc. I loved that fucking anime
Sep 10, 2017 11:57 AM

May 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Gexis said:

I really liked Naruto growing up...

ZBlastHistory said:

I thought the fights and characters were cool.
Sep 10, 2017 1:37 PM

May 2015
Gexis said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Anything particularly special about it that made it better than, say, One Piece or Bleach?
Sep 10, 2017 5:31 PM

May 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Gexis said:

Anything particularly special about it that made it better than, say, One Piece or Bleach?

Well, I caught up to Naruto fully without watching or watched any other anime it was the only anime I'd ever seen so I wasn't super familiar with One Piece and Bleach but the reason I randomly started watching it was because I'd always see pictures of Naruto in his Bijuu mode and thought it looked super cool + I had a friend that was caught up with it that always had pictures of Kakashi for his avatar.
Sep 11, 2017 3:41 AM

May 2015
Gexis said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

Well, I caught up to Naruto fully without watching or watched any other anime it was the only anime I'd ever seen so I wasn't super familiar with One Piece and Bleach but the reason I randomly started watching it was because I'd always see pictures of Naruto in his Bijuu mode and thought it looked super cool + I had a friend that was caught up with it that always had pictures of Kakashi for his avatar.

Are you still into it or did it lose its spark?
Sep 11, 2017 5:44 AM

Jul 2014
When I was 15 I loved Death Note to the point of obsession. I bought the entire series on DVD, a few volumes of the manga as well as quite a bit of merch (necklaces, a beanie, a cap as well as a replica Death Note). Hell, I even cosplayed as Light Yagami several times.
Take care of yourself

Sep 11, 2017 12:12 PM

May 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Gexis said:

Are you still into it or did it lose its spark?

I mean it's over so I've completed it but I am currently watching Boruto.
Sep 11, 2017 12:24 PM

Aug 2016
Maybe danganronpa? Watched the 3 TV series, read 2 of the visual novels, played the spinoff game, read the light novel, read the manga and plan to get the new game coming out soon...... I also have a danganronpa character as my MAL profile pic.

I also shipped some of the characters at some point. That's when you truly know you went to the dark side.
Sep 12, 2017 2:54 PM
Jul 2018
I've never spent a penny on anime. asdfasdfasdfsadfasfa
Oct 30, 2017 6:40 PM
otp haver 🤪

Jul 2017
I would like to update this thread by announcing that I have surpassed my shitty Naruto status and have spent so much money on BNHA and pretty much caught up with the entire series in a short month. No regrets.
Oct 30, 2017 6:48 PM

Nov 2011
Love live is probably the worst for me. Been following the series since about 2014.

-Seen all the anime
-read the manga
-bought a ton of merch. mainly of Hanamaru.
-cosplayed the characters
-spent big $$$ on the app
-listen to the music

Anyway. Main theme here is I've spent way too much time and money on this series.

Oct 30, 2017 7:02 PM

Mar 2015
When I was 11/12, I was pretty obsessed with Black Butler/kuroshituji. I bought a ton of merch, watched everything I could find related to it, drew fanart and wrote fanfiction, read the manga, watched every ova/special/whatever, doujins, listened to the ops/etc constantly, and made my friends get into it.

I consider this to be the cringiest part of my life.
woah there
Oct 31, 2017 10:29 AM

Sep 2017
i used to go deep like that and luckily have a trusted friend who could order them online in japan for me (i was a minor that time and dont have a credit card). i mostly ask her about character cds, dvds, live shows, magazines and other merchandise (even though i could hardly read any japanese). i also go as far as buying the chinese bootlegs.

i'm glad that phase was over. i was always broke.
Oct 31, 2017 10:44 AM

Aug 2012
Naruto for me, I watched it like 2 times fillers included and I watch the arcs I like from time to time. The only thing that I haven't watch is boruto, it doesn't interest me at all.

And I watched Mobile suit Gundam 00 like 8 times now xD

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Anime Dubs from early 2000's - early 2010's

EverRealm - 22 minutes ago

1 by Pages_Pages »»
5 minutes ago

» What exactly makes someone an elitist?

AV-25-MU - 16 minutes ago

5 by Zarutaku »»
6 minutes ago

» Best pink haired girl? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Jan 22

60 by Archean-Return »»
6 minutes ago

» Underrated character designs/outfits you think are appealing / sexy

IpreferEcchi - Apr 26

21 by rohan121 »»
13 minutes ago

» Why do people like consuming media watching specifically opposite sex get together? ( 1 2 3 )

Oshieteoshiete4 - Apr 29

128 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.