Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 5, 2017 4:08 PM

Oct 2013
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Things are getting interesting, so weird seeing Annie wearing glasses, and I forgot how much I miss Kenny. I'm interesting on what the Tieber family has to reveal can't wait for the festival. Also finally, it's reveal the person was Eren, I think most person knew that though, funny he chose his name to be "Kruger" wonder what is the content in that letter.

Hopefully next chapter, the festival begins, I have feeling things are about to get intense.
Sep 5, 2017 5:40 PM

Jul 2010
Things have been so weird lately I don't even remember seeing "Mr. Kruger" before.
When and how was he introduced?

I also like the fact that Eren nonchalantly infiltrates the enemy borders.
Sep 5, 2017 5:54 PM

Oct 2013
redd530 said:
Things have been so weird lately I don't even remember seeing "Mr. Kruger" before.

It's Eren Kruger, the one that gave Grisha his titan powers.
Sep 5, 2017 6:25 PM

Oct 2015
Being Reiner truly is suffering.

Really nice to see Eren back when he was Mr. "I'll Kill All the Titans", then show him as a wizened young man.

I wonder if anyone'll take notice to Eren taking on Kruger's name.

Why does Tieber look like Chris Hemsworth?

"If you don’t believe in yourself, no one will do it for you."
Sep 5, 2017 7:12 PM

Sep 2014
Wow amazing chapter. We get the true identity of amputee-kun, Eren is infiltrated in Marley. We also get to see the true villians of the story! The Teiber family and the Warhammer Titan. Really an amazing chapter! It felt like two chapters in a row just like that.
Sep 5, 2017 8:22 PM

Jul 2010
keragamming said:
redd530 said:

Yeah, except how can he be alive when he got himself eaten by Grisha to transfer the Shingeki no Kyojin?

I meant to say that this is Eren Jaeger, who has the memories of Kruger, but I was asking when and how this Kruger was introduced cause I REALLY don't remember anymore.
Sep 5, 2017 8:33 PM

Oct 2013
redd530 said:
keragamming said:

Yeah, except how can he be alive when he got himself eaten by Grisha to transfer the Shingeki no Kyojin?

I meant to say that this is Eren Jaeger, who has the memories of Kruger, but I was asking when and how this Kruger was introduced cause I REALLY don't remember anymore.

I'm not really following, but Eren doesn't have the memories of Kruger, but he does have the memories of Grisha. Eren know about Kruger because of Grisha memories. Though he maybe link with Kruger through the path that was mention in earlier chapter.

here is Kruger http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Shingeki-no-Kyojin/Chapter-088?id=335689#45

He was introduce in chapter 86, http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Shingeki-no-Kyojin/Chapter-086?id=326201#12
Sep 5, 2017 8:44 PM

Jan 2009
nice to see more of Annie even though its just on a backstory lol

keragamming said:

this long black hair dude is that Kruger person? i thought he passed his Attack Titan power to Grisha so he is dead already? and he turned younger it seems?
Sep 5, 2017 8:55 PM

Jan 2009
KingOreX said:
isekai said:
nice to see more of Annie even though its just on a backstory lol

this long black hair dude is that Kruger person? i thought he passed his Attack Titan power to Grisha so he is dead already? and he turned younger it seems?

...Eren is obviously using his name

ye i figured it out a little while its actually Eren Jaeger the main hero lol
Sep 5, 2017 9:08 PM

Oct 2013
I know it's Eren guys, you misunderstand my post. I was responding to @redd530 Things have been so weird lately I don't even remember seeing "Mr. Kruger" before.

@KingOreX @isekai
Sep 5, 2017 10:46 PM

Aug 2012
Nice to see more of Kenny again even if it was only for a few panels. Annie standing up to Ackermans as usual and isn't afraid of them. Reiner's pain and suffering as usual with each chapter, poor guy. Not even he could kill the plot "armor" himself. Also finally get to see Amputee-kun as Eren. The festival coming up should be interesting.
Sep 6, 2017 12:31 AM

Aug 2012
So Warhammer titan is just an observer?

It's nice to see Eren again, I assume the Armin's team is stand-by on that island too.

*I still wonder if Annie will still regain consciousness or she's gonna stay frozen untill the end.*
Sep 6, 2017 1:23 AM

Apr 2016
So peg-leg Eren was on a infiltration mission after all. I doubt the Marley Postal Service ships letters to Paradis island - so that means the others are in the city waiting for his signal. Shit getting real now. Go towards the light Reiner.
Sep 6, 2017 1:58 AM

Aug 2012
Also just noticed that Reiner's status on this page has changed from supporting to Main now.

Yes I do know that he is basically a main character now.
Sep 6, 2017 4:47 AM

Jan 2017
Okay, so this chapter was pretty weird. So I am a little confused on the beginning, so is Annie for real on what she said about Kenny or was she just lying so that he doesn't find out who she is. Because the way Kenny spoke about her seemed like he knew he has a daughter or something, but if she is his daughter somehow that would be a weird af bomb shell lol. So if someone could tell me if she was lying or not because I'm not too clear on that.

Reiner almost killed himself!! I actually got the panel of him with the rifle in his mouth spoiled, so I thought he actually did die, but I am actually sort of glad that he didn't die. I feel like his character's arc still isn't over just yet. I do find it interesting however that, if he did kill himself, his power would go to a random Eldian somewhere in the world. That would have been very interesting for the story.

People had already theorized about the amputated guy being Eren. However, I was a bit skeptical, you know, he's was just this random character, but I was wrong it seems. I am really excited for when Zeke reads Eren letter!! I want to know what he wrote, and want to see Zeke's reaction. I find it pretty cool that Eren took Kruger's name as his own.

Lastly the final titan shifter has been revealed, and.. I'm a little dissapointed. I mean, obviously it won't be a character that we know, but it is this random dude called Billy (which is the funniest name ever lmao) and he's the leader of the Tybur family, but I didn't feel anything interesting in him so far. It was also revealed that the Tybur family has been controling the Marley (?) I'm a little confused on what Billy meant by that. So is he saying that all this war has actually been their doing all along? I would love if someone explained. I did like the fact that he still had the memories of his very distant ancestors, so we might sometime find out the truth about what truly happened between the Eldians and the Marley.

Overall weird chapter, but revealed a ton of new stuff. Finally we are not in flashback land anymore!! I kinda got bored of it.
Sep 6, 2017 5:42 AM

Apr 2015
It's really weird to see Annie with glasses.

Every month I have to check previous chapter because i forget everything.

I can't wait to see Mikasa again.

3/5
Sep 6, 2017 7:53 AM

Apr 2016
xlemany said:
Okay, so this chapter was pretty weird. So I am a little confused on the beginning, so is Annie for real on what she said about Kenny or was she just lying so that he doesn't find out who she is. Because the way Kenny spoke about her seemed like he knew he has a daughter or something, but if she is his daughter somehow that would be a weird af bomb shell lol. So if someone could tell me if she was lying or not because I'm not too clear on that.

Annie was caught by surprise which is why she came up with that desperate lie. She was born in Marley - so there is no way Kenny could've been her father unless he somehow made it beyond the walls and crossed the ocean to get someone pregnant before hurrying back before he was forced to pay child support.
Sep 6, 2017 7:53 AM

Jul 2015
well i literally pissed myself when i saw eren! like oh my GAWD!! finally reiner flashback was really hurting... and him pointing a gun in his mouth...and lastly i didnt understand a single thing that teiber family and the commander were talking about...
Sep 6, 2017 10:18 AM

Jun 2014
So that amputee guy really is Eren.

I'm also interested in seeing what kind of role the Teiber family will play in future chapters.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 6, 2017 10:51 AM

Jan 2009
i like how the situation is reverse, its Eren and (probably) Mikasa and others that are infiltrating the enemy territory this time, but they got a huge advantage and that is that Eren has a lot of memories (via Kruger/Owl) about Marley
Sep 6, 2017 11:27 AM

Apr 2014
So more extra scenes or behind the scenes of Reiner's backstory. Reiner close to suicide. Falco and 'Kruger' having a conversation. Then the head of the Tieber family talking to the Marley General. And Falco delivering mail to his 'family'. Now we are getting to the main event hopefully. With 'Kruger' sending a mail to his 'family'. Things are about to get really dangerous now. More blood and death bound to happen soon.
Sep 6, 2017 11:49 AM

Oct 2013
alphazero4um said:
So more extra scenes or behind the scenes of Reiner's backstory. Reiner close to suicide. Falco and 'Kruger' having a conversation. Then the head of the Tieber family talking to the Marley General. And Falco delivering mail to his 'family'. Now we are getting to the main event hopefully. With 'Kruger' sending a mail to his 'family'. Things are about to get really dangerous now. More blood and death bound to happen soon.

You do know the person that call himself Kruger is really Eren right?
Sep 6, 2017 1:38 PM

Jun 2017
keragamming said:
[b]it's reveal the person was Eren, I think most person knew that though,

what u mean by most people , u make me feel retarded because there is no way in hell i thought that was eren ,
Those who are hated that need to stay in a clique have to make the effort to eliminate the
factors that can be used against them. Don’t make mistakes, don’t show your blunders,
and don’t let your weaknesses be exposed; these three points are the most important.
They’re the same thing, aren’t they?
Despite that, showcasing off your perfection as an individual can be used against you as
well. That’s why, it’s important to not do anything. If you don’t do anything, nothing will
go wrong.
Also, don’t get involved with anyone.
-HACHIMAN-
Sep 6, 2017 1:43 PM

Jun 2017
TenszNeumann said:
Wow amazing chapter. We get the true identity of amputee-kun, Eren is infiltrated in Marley. We also get to see the true villians of the story! The Teiber family and the Warhammer Titan. Really an amazing chapter! It felt like two chapters in a row just like that.

yeah ,if teiber are the true villains then the great war between the world vs paradise island is not likely to happen , and the paradise will have a chance fighting also tragic ending is probably eliminated
Those who are hated that need to stay in a clique have to make the effort to eliminate the
factors that can be used against them. Don’t make mistakes, don’t show your blunders,
and don’t let your weaknesses be exposed; these three points are the most important.
They’re the same thing, aren’t they?
Despite that, showcasing off your perfection as an individual can be used against you as
well. That’s why, it’s important to not do anything. If you don’t do anything, nothing will
go wrong.
Also, don’t get involved with anyone.
-HACHIMAN-
Sep 6, 2017 2:03 PM
Mar 2012
Simpleasfack said:
keragamming said:
[b]it's reveal the person was Eren, I think most person knew that though,

what u mean by most people , u make me feel retarded because there is no way in hell i thought that was eren ,

I think he meant that you would know about it since it was hypothesized by a lot of people in these forums, no one's calling anyone retarded.
Sep 6, 2017 3:52 PM

Jun 2017
Overall, really good chapter. Even though the main focus is Reiner, they've been focusing Annie quite a lot in the flashback, probably setting grounds to her return (Maybe her meeting Kenny will have some kind of importance?). Also, interesting to see that Reiner was the one who came up with the idea to attack Trost, relating himself with Eren and closing the flashback with he trying to commit suicide. His development was really well setted, hoping to see how's he going to play out now.
And the man was revealed to be Eren, though most saw that coming. Interesting how he took Kruger's name, maybe it'll' connect with the "From who are those memories" thing.
The Teiber's family head revealed and more information about the war, wonder how much about this Heros story is really true. Also, how does the Teibers have controlled Marley from behind the scenes? This Warhammer Titan still hasn't been showed, wonder what's so important about their power.
Sep 6, 2017 8:18 PM

Oct 2014
ah, my favorite part of every month - though, not really because it's complete agony waiting for the next chapter to know what happens next

loOK AT MY GIRL ANNIE i could literally feel that kick thru the computer, homegirl was about to kick kenny into the next dimension

jean, what the fuck, i have never laughed harder

eren looks like the lead singer of a heavy metal band, no but im actually glad he's back i missed him

my favorite panel this chapter, i miss bertholdt so much - i wish he had lived :-(

i actually teared up at reiner's suicide attempt - the minute i saw the bullets loading i knew what was gonna happen and felt sick. being 100% honest i would have preferred him instead of bertl in chp.84 (i think it would have made the thing much more emotionally impacting because we get to see reiner's character more than bertl ; he's like the big brother of the series), but i also don't necessarily want him to die and actually sighed of relief when he decided to not kill himself

on another note, im quite curious as to how eren has managed to stay an amputee - wouldn't he grow his limbs back with his titan powers (like he has on numerous occasions before)?? either way, i can not wait until next chapter, i feel like it will be a huuggge one
Sep 6, 2017 10:15 PM

Jun 2016
It's here finally. Ugh. After a month of waiting.

Holy shit. It's nice seeing Kenny Ackerman again, and I just realized how fucking tall he was. Fuck! We miss you, Kenny, but we'll be seeing you in season 3. Yaaas fucking yaaas!

Weird seeing Annie. I miss her. ;-;

I love how the recent manga chapters focused on RAB and it reveals a hell lot of things about them during their childhood, their training days, etc. Gives us new perspective. Poor babies. :/

I literally screamed when Reiner attempted to shoot himself with a gun, like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! DON'T YOU FUCKING DO IT! OH NOOOOO! He didn't deserve all the shit he's been through. Ugh. Reiner. Whoop there goes my tears. ;-;

And finally we saw Bertholdt's amazing sleeping positions. Haha. Ugh. This makes me so sad. Jesus. My insides' been crying. RIP Bertholdt. ;-;

I FUCKING KNEW IT'S EREN. DAMN DAMN WITH THEM HAIR AND FACIAL HAIR. DAMN DAMN DAMN.

Such a good fucking episode. Arigatou gozaimasu, Hajime-sama! <3

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Sep 7, 2017 12:28 AM
Mar 2014
I'm happy to finally see long awaited stuff being explained about the infiltration of the walls by Reiner's crew and at the same time we have ongoing infiltration of Marley by Eren's crew (i really had to read comments to make sure it was Eren).
Can't wait to see continuation on both. I do not know why author decided to keep Zeke alive. Not happy to see him again. He was just a traitor deserved to die and miraculously excaped his death by Levi. Well.. hope the author had his reasons to keep him alive.
Sep 7, 2017 1:42 AM

Jul 2010
keragamming said:
I know it's Eren guys, you misunderstand my post. I was responding to @redd530 Things have been so weird lately I don't even remember seeing "Mr. Kruger" before.

@KingOreX @isekai

I might have been a tad little confusing, I understand.

I was asking how Eren posing as "Mr.Kruger" infiltrated the enemy, seeing as how Falco knew about him, which obviously indicates that Eren has been shown in the recent chapters, which I do not even remember.

I know who Eren is.
I know who the other Eren is also.

And I'm positive that Eren Jaeger has Eren Kruger's memories too, since all the memories are inherited when you pass down the 9-Titan powers, hence Eren having mannerisms that wasn't natural to him (as pointed out by the Recon Squad members).

keragamming said:
alphazero4um said:

You do know the person that call himself Kruger is really Eren right?

No offence but... do you understand quotation marks?
Sep 7, 2017 3:34 AM
May 2017
Wow I used to dislike Reiner but I really pity him now.

Annie and Kenny was an encounter I didn't know I needed in my life.

I don't know if it's because I'm not an English Speaker or something but I didn't quite catch who is Billy except that he is the Warhammer titan

Eren being the Amputee was obvious, I didn't expect him to mature this much tho, Mikasa and him probably hooked up, either that or they Will.
Sep 7, 2017 5:32 AM

May 2008
Good to see we're out of the flashback zone. and wow Eren looks so much like Grisha now.

redd530 said:
I was asking how Eren posing as "Mr.Kruger" infiltrated the enemy, seeing as how Falco knew about him, which obviously indicates that Eren has been shown in the recent chapters, which I do not even remember.

If you meant how Falco got to know Eren,
it's in chapter 94 when Someone falls back & knocked onto Eren which makes both of them fell. Falco went to lend 'em a hand.
Sep 7, 2017 9:29 AM

Oct 2013
redd530 my bad, didn't even notice the quotation mark, I had already thought you were confuse about somethings, so I had that mind set from the start.

@Psyche_Izaya alreadt answer your question he was in chapter 94 talking to Falco.
Sep 7, 2017 10:27 AM

Jan 2015
Lunoire said:

on another note, im quite curious as to how eren has managed to stay an amputee - wouldn't he grow his limbs back with his titan powers (like he has on numerous occasions before)?? either way, i can not wait until next chapter, i feel like it will be a huuggge one

Most likely he can control when to heal his body and also supress it.
Sep 7, 2017 11:24 AM

Aug 2010
xlemany said:

A lie to cover up her true motive of espionage, to be sure. As for Kenny's reaction, I'd guess that he visited the pleasure house often enough that he wouldn't be surprised if he sired a bastard child.
Sep 7, 2017 2:05 PM

Mar 2015
Full. Metal. Jacket. Feeling so bad for Reiner.

It was good seeing Annie again but I'm really curious as to what the author has planned for her.

Seeing Eren was a huge surprise, didn't expect them to actually leave Paradise Island.
Sep 7, 2017 4:48 PM

Oct 2013
vong10 said:

It was good seeing Annie again but I'm really curious as to what the author has planned for her.

Seeing Eren was a huge surprise, didn't expect them to actually leave Paradise Island.

I've seen another person saying that, could you explain what it means?
Sep 7, 2017 7:26 PM
Sep 2017
Could it be the amputee kruger is eren kruger's son ? I know he does resembles Eren Jeager a lot so just my wild guessing .
Sep 7, 2017 9:47 PM

Mar 2015
keragamming said:
vong10 said:

I've seen another person saying that, could you explain what it means?

The full metal jacket thing? There's a movie called Full Metal Jacket, it's about a bunch of guys who joined the military and one particular guy gets bullied and goes a little crazy. Here's the scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc2cPuwpqTg
vong10Sep 7, 2017 10:10 PM
Sep 8, 2017 4:47 AM

Aug 2015
Levi27 said:
Could it be the amputee kruger is eren kruger's son ? I know he does resembles Eren Jeager a lot so just my wild guessing .
It's obviously Eren but using the Kruger name as an alias.
Sep 8, 2017 4:55 AM

Oct 2010
Crazy hyped, man, crazy hyped. So many precious moments. But one thing, I'm actually glad I stay in the fandom long enough to see Eren arriving at this stage. He has always been my favorite character even on the early years of the series when he was simply shown as a one sided character obsessed with titan killing due to his potential of maturity, and look at where he is now.
Sep 8, 2017 5:21 AM

Jan 2017
I agree with you on that one
fiane said:
Crazy hyped, man, crazy hyped. So many precious moments. But one thing, I'm actually glad I stay in the fandom long enough to see Eren arriving at this stage. He has always been my favorite character even on the early years of the series when he was simply shown as a one sided character obsessed with titan killing due to his potential of maturity, and look at where he is now.

I agree with you on that one.

On topic, I think the letter is Eren's declaration of hmmm... a war I guess or revenge?
Sep 8, 2017 5:51 AM

Jan 2012
One thing I'm curious about is, Mr Kruger was last seen on Marley soil after he turned into a titan and killed all the officers who pushed the eldians to paradis island. So he hasn't been seen since then, but since he was undercover in marley land for a long time before that, that must mean his name is on their records somewhere, so i get this feeling that, if Eren signed that letter as "Kruger", the military/police in marley might pick up on that which could put him in danger...

Maybe i'm reading into it too much or completely wrong lol, thoughts?
Club Aerosol
Sep 8, 2017 12:59 PM
Sep 2017
Anyone notice reiner tryin to kill himself when hes a shifter and he'll regenerate???
Sep 8, 2017 3:08 PM

Feb 2017
The foreshadowing was there, the dude was under an obvious spotlight the past chapters. I'm pretty glad the theory proves right, that the injured soldier turned out to be Eren. Yes, there is no doubt now (the name, the eyes, the quote). How old is he now, anyway? 19, right?

The nice thing about the injured soldier being Eren is that it gives a feel of circularity and repetition with variations to the plot. It's nice how Isayama-sensei engaged Reiner's memories for everyone to see /his/ side of the story (and how damaged af he is), and ended the recollection with his time as an undercover agent, so to speak, who developed a relationship/friendship with his enemies. Then, His last memories before he tries --and fails!-- to commit suicide are of Eren. And just like that, we have Eren as the injured soldier. All the similarities between Eren and Reiner are there: having the desire to prove something to their family and society (for Eren is the "I'll kill all the titans" and for Reiner is "I'll become a hero", which is practically the same); realising the burden of the task they have to accomplish, and all they have to sacrifice in order to achieve his goal; having to fake their identities (Eren supposedly injured because of the Marleyan war and Reiner faking being an orphan and only survivor of his town); and having to infiltrate their enemies as soldiers.

I really hope Eren is there in part to f*ck up with Zeke. Also, it would be a really nice conclusion for the Eren-Reiner antagonism thing if they either fight each other or reach some sort of understanding that only f*cked up people like them can have.

Now, I'm really looking forward to seeing what the Paradis guys have been up to all this time.

PS. It was so good to see Kenny's face again, that old bastard!
Sep 8, 2017 3:20 PM

Nov 2010
Is the MangaStream ending page right, is the manga on hiatus until November?
Sep 8, 2017 3:29 PM

Oct 2013
Zalmox1s said:

The November issue comes out in October.
Sep 8, 2017 3:48 PM

Aug 2012
Zalmox1s said:
The issues are always 1 month ahead of its release date
Sep 8, 2017 7:01 PM

Aug 2012
Hajime Isayama’s Monthly Q&A on Bessatsu Shonen Magazine October Issue

Source: http://yaboylevi.tumblr.com
Sep 9, 2017 12:59 AM

Apr 2009
Psyche_Izaya said:
it's in chapter 94 when Someone falls back & knocked onto Eren which makes both of them fell. Falco went to lend 'em a hand.
That scene from ch 94 makes sense to me now.

I've always thought it a bit strange why the manga would suddenly shift focus to a bunch of random crippled soldiers returning from war... and why it was important enough that Falco had to say that one soldier's armband was put on the "wrong way".

Because that one soldier was in fact not an Eldian soldier born in Marley.

His armband was worn on the wrong arm because he was unfamiliar with the rules imposed on Eldians in Marley. That one soldier in this chapter calls himself "Mr. Kruger", but this chapter reveals his face to be that of an older Eren Yeager who decided to use the name of a certain someone from his inherited memories.

Eren Kruger is long dead, but his name is now being used as an alias of the latest holder of the Attack Titan's power. It's nice to see Eren Yeager again.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1870 by KatoWorks »»
7 hours ago

» Should the new "volume 35" art book with an extra chapter about Levi's backstory be considered part of this series or should it get its own entry on here?

ryan77999 - May 1

9 by ryan77999 »»
May 7, 12:20 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 25, 11:25 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.