Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 14, 2010 7:09 AM

Jan 2008
I cried in this episode :(
I liked the last episodes .
I should start reading the Manga ^.^
Mar 15, 2010 5:27 PM
Oct 2009
i didn't really like how it ended , last 6 episodes were just .. i don't know ... lame ..!
Apr 25, 2010 11:15 PM

May 2009
*sigh* i'm going to miss this anime :( well i'm gonna go start reading the manga cause it's not done yet!!! so i want to see what happens :P
Jun 4, 2010 3:25 AM

Mar 2009
Metroid_Ex said:
Arrg, my head, it hurts. I don't know if I should give this series a 6 or a 7.

This. I'm soft, so I ended up giving it a 7. (-_-) Though for certain episodes, I probably would have rated them as low as a 2.
Jun 4, 2010 1:46 PM

Jun 2010
The end was really sad, thou' I truly believed they'd manage to be together the next year; [a bit of spoiler, I guess] Then, I was told that the story goes on on the manga... reading the manga was quiite disappointing to me ;-;' Hate that bitch Yamamoto. -_-'
Jul 24, 2010 11:49 AM

Dec 2009
I can't agree with you all more...

Long live Takaharu! I hate that bitch, Yamamoto. -.-
Jul 30, 2010 1:40 PM

Nov 2009
tarheel91 said:
@ByakuyaKana: How the hell does an anime making you cry make you give it a lower score!? That means it was powerful enough to really affect you emotionally. Last time I checked, that wasn't a bad thing. I suppose Romeo and Juliet is terrible too because they die at the end, and that probably made you cry, as well.

Indeed. Illogical rating there since the anime was actually able to effect you emotionally. To me i never really cried for sympathy, the long emotional scene was a miss for me, i just tapped my foot waiting for something to happen. I got excited later when things happen but i feel into that pattern. Still i will acknowledge it with an 8/10 being generous.
Aug 17, 2010 3:18 AM

Apr 2009
She had hot boyfriend and all she was doing for whole 26 episodes is crying.
I didn't like it at all.
Aug 17, 2010 1:39 PM

Sep 2009
I loved it *-------*

0 to 26

so epic.....

Perfect *--*
Aug 29, 2010 5:27 PM
Jan 2009
Sad that they had to be apart now to read the manga.
Aug 30, 2010 1:16 PM

Jul 2010
Nanami Takahashi and Motoharu Yano was a very sweet couple.
The ending was very sad - to be apart with the boy or the girl you love is very ....
Love is very difficult,but the Anime was so cute.

8/10
Sep 15, 2010 1:43 PM

Sep 2009
Gosh,I've cried.I could feel Nanami's pain T_T I hope there will be 2nd season,because that b*tch Yamamoto has something fishy on her mind.They need to explain that.Waiting!^_^
Sep 18, 2010 4:56 AM

Jan 2010
for some reason my head hurts,the last episodes were kinda hard to digest

nana's quotes from the last episodes make me think that probably yano never came back so this is a sad ending...
"He told me that eternity exists.Even now,I clearly remember how he was that night,when he was only seventeen years old..."(episode 20)

i don't know man,6 episodes ago i wanted to give this a 9,now i feel like giving it a 7...so i guess i'm going to give it an 8/10 :p
Sayonara,papa!

"Just how a mirror reflects you,people will also reflect your heart."
~Athena Glory,Aria

"Whatever happens,happens"
~Spike Spiegel's thoughts on dying(Cowboy Bebop)
Oct 30, 2010 8:34 PM

Jul 2010
stars4evr09 said:
Was anyone else really disappointed that we didnt get to see them actually have sex. I would have much rather seen a zoo/hot spring episode, then watch a really slow ending where all they do is walk around and cry a lot. Im giving this one a 6 out of 10.
6 out of 10 because of no sex scenes? This isn't a hentai. It's shoujo. Honestly there was just too much about all of that in the beginning of this show. Yano had sex with Yamamoto. Yano had sex with Nana-san. Yano tried to have sex with Takahashi. Not my cup of tea.

Anyways, I agree with the majority: the ending was too wide open. I'd ask for a second season, but after reading some of the comments about the manga after this point... I'm not so sure I want one. At least I can pretend in my mind that they have a happy ending after this. Haha.

I feel bad for Takeuchi, but I'm not upset with Yano winning (probably because I knew he would). Some people don't seem to like Take, which I don't get. He's a nice guy. Who doesn't like nice guys?

Yamamoto in this last episode... jeez. Am I the only one who thinks she's scary at this point? She definitely sounded borderline stalker to me. I didn't like her character in episode 1, and now on the last episode I dislike her even more.

I'm glad that in the end Yano finally seems to have straightened himself out. Yay for character growth! No more content about Nana-san (I think and hope), so thank God for that! Takahashi seems to have gotten... a bit better? She never bugged me in the first place. Some people think she's a cry baby, but even though she sheds her tears a lot, she seemed a lot stronger and resolute than before - especially when she flat-out told Takeuchi whom she was with.

Hm, what else? Oh yeah, the eyes. Why only one eye? I'm with everyone else.. that animation idea was just stupid. There were way too many scenes where they had one eye or no eyes at all and just blackness and hair covering... skin where eyes should be. Sometimes the "no eyes animation" thing gives it more emotion, but it was definitely overused in this show.

Overall, 8/10. I was originally at 7/10. There were times I wanted to give it less than 5, then there were times I wanted to give it a 9 or even a 10. I think 8 is fair. I praise this show for it's realism. It's also the first show that I've watched which centered on the relationship of the characters rather than the two finally hooking up at the end. It was a nice watch, but man, so depressing at times! @_@
Nov 6, 2010 11:40 AM

Jun 2009
I don't think the ending was bad, it is just not like a lot of animes end, but that doesn't mean it is bad
For me I hope there is a 2nd season but who knows
Nov 28, 2010 9:01 PM

Nov 2010
episode 1-12 had me on the edge of my seat, Then it was a slow ride downhill after that. But it wasn't bad enough to really hurt it. 8/10
You are null and void!
Dec 1, 2010 9:45 PM

May 2010
i think it's safe to say that we can't rate this anime on the ending. cliffhanger endings, especially like this one, usually have intentions of a second season behind them. maybe in the near future we will see one, but maybe not.

well whatever, this will be the only anime i read the manga for and i'm glad at that since this was a really good anime. well, let's hope in the near future we see a second season. n_n
Dec 8, 2010 11:12 AM

Mar 2009
I hate dropping anime if I started to watch it, but after reading the reviews I thought it was something good...well...different people and opinions huh.
I really think it's unwatchable , dunno for whom exactly, Starting from the awful drawing style (cheap may be), next with weak seyuu work, like haven't heard worse =(
And this 2 factors really made the plot transparent. I thought it wasn't really convincing, nor touchy...Oh well, sorry if I hurt anyone's opinion, but for me it's really awful. (If seyuu would have worked better mb it'd be much much better than this)

Dec 24, 2010 10:55 PM

Oct 2008
Yano's sweet. But their relationship won't last long, since they don't have trust in my opinion.
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Dec 29, 2010 6:04 PM

Dec 2010
i really didnt like the ending but.. it was okay.
Jan 8, 2011 10:19 AM

Mar 2010
Has anyone heard anything about a second season? I'd definetly watch it, the ending left me kind of excited about it and since the manga carries the story on I was hoping something would show up but no luck so far

Maybe we should start a petition :P

BTW
FeitSoun said:
I hate dropping anime if I started to watch it, but after reading the reviews I thought it was something good...well...different people and opinions huh.
I really think it's unwatchable , dunno for whom exactly, Starting from the awful drawing style (cheap may be), next with weak seyuu work, like haven't heard worse =(
And this 2 factors really made the plot transparent. I thought it wasn't really convincing, nor touchy...Oh well, sorry if I hurt anyone's opinion, but for me it's really awful. (If seyuu would have worked better mb it'd be much much better than this)

the art wasn't poor as I kind of liked and the Seyuu work is far from being terrible, I'd even say Takahashi's voice is amongst the sweetest better voices I've heard to the day
Feb 6, 2011 12:34 PM
Aug 2010
I have to say, this was the first anime that made me cry/tear up so much. I only cried when Nanami cried and when they split up in the beginning, I could feel her pain. This was also one of my favorite animes and its sad that they split up in the end. And of course I teared up there too. I hoped they made a second season, its a shame they didnt so time to go to the creators and have them make another season.
One thing that sorta kept bothering me is the whole one eye thing. Are they famous for that or something? Even so, I get what they were trying to do with that but they would do it even when there wasnt hair in the face at all.
Feb 6, 2011 12:34 PM
Aug 2010
I have to say, this was the first anime that made me cry/tear up so much. I only cried when Nanami cried and when they split up in the beginning, I could feel her pain. This was also one of my favorite animes and its sad that they split up in the end. And of course I teared up there too. I hoped they made a second season, its a shame they didnt so time to go to the creators and have them make another season.
One thing that sorta kept bothering me is the whole one eye thing. Are they famous for that or something? Even so, I get what they were trying to do with that but they would do it even when there wasnt hair in the face at all.
Mar 3, 2011 8:33 AM

Dec 2009
huhh.. i just finished it.. i have to say i cried a little in the end, but this series was a real... suffering! >.< maybe it was because i was sick when i was watching it, but it really caused my head to hurt a lot more and usually it took sometimes more than 30 minutes to finish only a single episode due to that they always repeated everyting, huhh, and i was really fed up with those long soundtracks.. O__O"" by the end i usually skipped both the endings and the openings, also the first hal a minutes when they were showing what happened in the previous episode..
as a positive point i have to mention that i really loved the voice actress of Nanami.. *.* she is amazing! and i think that the ending was good, i'm happy that Yano left for Tokyo.. they will meet up with Nana again.. xD ((khmm.. and they will finally have sex.. xD or maybe Nana will decide that they should wait another years or she will insist on doing it after they get married.. -.-"")) <-- baka..
Apr 19, 2011 7:46 PM
Jul 2010
ARGHH! I wanted Yano to have a happy ending :( I always shed a tear whenever Yano does...

And it seems like they're pretty lazy with the art. Because more than half the time the characters only have one eye o.o Anyway, a pretty good series. I really enjoyed the bits where Nanami wasn't being an overreactive drama queen.

As for the ending... it's practically screaming SECOND SEASON!
Jun 5, 2011 7:27 PM

Dec 2009
This was overall an okay series for me. So I give it a 7/10, but really even at this point I am still a Yano hater. Maybe that's why I didn't enjoy this series as much.
Aug 8, 2011 4:06 PM

Jun 2009
FINALLY~! I WAS ABLE TO FINISH BOKURA GA ITA! WHAT A GREAT DAY THIS IS!

… Now, I shall be sincere and say I found the series to be dull and not very entertaining. I never liked their relationship, nor did I once feel the least trace of melancholia inside or the want to cry.
Nope. For me, it didn’t do anything.

It had too much mindless drama and unnecessary complications.
… I couldn’t grow fond of anyone or the entire approach in general. Much less with such a open ending, despite the fact I’m too used to those.
Bah, it doesn’t matter. I’m free of it and that’s the only important thing.
I think, then procrastinate.
Therefore, I am.
Sep 8, 2011 2:32 AM

Feb 2008
I love how the story is so plain. It's not something so fictional, but this in genre is so realistic that even the emotions are so plain real.

I'm just giving this an 8 because it didn't go for something extraordinary. But I love its simplicity. :) Hoping to see some more, I just hope they make the pacing a little faster.

My scoring could somehow become biased, haha! It's just that I understand a lot of what's happening that it hurts me also cause that happened to me in the past so I'm giving it an 8. Although I think it deserves a 9 for staying true. HAHA! :D
babykeijiSep 8, 2011 2:38 AM
Oct 31, 2011 8:08 AM
Dec 2009
It was a sad ending, so I didn't came to like it as much as other endings, mostly happy ones. Reading the manga was my resort since the ending left me really hanging.
Dec 21, 2011 9:04 PM

Oct 2011
beautiful. wont forget about this anime for a while. probably won't ever
Nope.
Jan 2, 2012 3:40 PM

Jan 2011
Decent realistic plot, awesome VA cast, average music, shit art and animation.
Equals 8/10 in my book.
As for the ending - well deserved for everyone me thinks. Nanami didnt have the guts to fight to be happy, Yano didnt even know how to find happines and Take should have realised way sooner that his cause, the way he wanted it, was impossible. The only one that knew what she wanted and had the resolve to do whatever it takes to get it was Yuri. Thats how happines is pursued.
Jan 8, 2012 11:11 PM

Aug 2011
Loved the series, the ending was quite sad though. Not afraid to admit i have shed tears on it, heard the manga continues after this though (if anyone knows what chapter it picks up on after the scene where the anime leaves off that'd be great.) i'm a lil hesitant to read cuz of some of the spoilers ive seen. i hope it all ends well...
"Even if the morrow is barren of promises... nothing shall forestall my return!"

Jan 20, 2012 7:17 AM
Jul 2018
Great anime. I think Nanami and Yano got past all this crap and after a year of awaiting they will be the hapiest couple and I think everything will be okay.
Feb 26, 2012 9:26 PM

Sep 2011
Wow that's it!? Noooo I want more! I'm not satisfied yet! >:(

Gimmie a second season... D:
Feb 26, 2012 11:04 PM

Aug 2010
bleh. Place a decent character in the place of Yano and not have one eyed people all of the time and this may have gotten a better rating. dunno how I pushed through it all 4/10 congrats to all that like it though. To each their own I guess.
Feb 29, 2012 3:33 PM

Sep 2011
God, all this freaking foreshadowing (Nana's monologue during the kiss in the park-scene, Yamamoto moving to Tokyo, a train: a love storie's bad omen no. 1) makes me think this won't turn out good for Nana and Yano in the future.

Finished the anime in 3 days,loved it. Every main character has shown his/hers flaws through the series but I can't really hate anyone for his/her actions at all. Though some actions (Yano is with Yamamoto in the hospital, Nana is angry about it) were totally unnecessary and were only there to put in some more drama.
And a lot of compliments to the soundtrack. In combination with the anime it was simply a perfect score.
Now that the author is finished with the series they might as well animate the second part of Bokura ga ita, that'd be great.

Well,I'm off to read the manga for the proper ending in hope for a happy end, despite the monologues, love triangles, trains and whatsoever...

9/10

EDIT: Oh,and one more thing. Characters of Bokura Ga Ita: Grow some (eye)balls.
SinDeLuXeFeb 29, 2012 3:39 PM
Apr 3, 2012 4:21 AM
Jan 2012
I fking HATE IT WHEN AN ANIME DOESNT HAVE FREAKING CLOSURE @ THE END. SO MAD. COULD NOT HAVE GIVEN ME EVEN 1 MINUTE OF THEM A YEAR FROM NOW??? FK I'M MAD AS SHIT. I feel sorry for all you guys who watched this in 08...4 years later...no season 2...GG i'ma hang myself now.
Apr 7, 2012 3:52 PM

Mar 2009
Too bad he really left. Poor Nana. A continuation of the series would be great.
May 10, 2012 1:38 AM

Nov 2011
It's funny, before I started watching this show, I had heard the ending song Kotoba, by Izumi Katou, with the full instrumental beginning. I had always liked the song and had long wondered what romantic moment accompanied the song in the anime.

Well now I know, and I think I died a little inside.
Jun 25, 2012 3:02 AM

Aug 2010
Yamamoto needs to get the fuck out.
Jun 25, 2012 11:19 PM

Apr 2012
Just rewatched this for the 2nd time xD For me, it's so great because it was so heartbreaking. No other anime has made me laugh, cry, and root for the characters as much as BGI ^^ and I actually like the art :3 10/10 in my book. Also, everyone should read the manga and see how the saga ends xD
Nov 6, 2012 7:49 AM

Jan 2011
The ending was way to open....and then I saw that the anime only covered half the manga.

Wasn't a bad ending. In fact you are left with a very strong impression that their relationship will weather the year separations and that Nana will be safe at home. In all honesty I think the best part of the ending was that Yano could feel somewhat relieved leaving Nana in his best friend's care.

Guess I'll have to read the manga because 50% of the whole story just doesn't do it for me. Especially with an ending where the train just fades into the background.
Dec 15, 2012 4:18 PM
Nov 2012
Just went through the series in 2 days. I must say that i do like this anime a lot. it had a lot of realistic emotions and complexes that were played out very nice. I wasn't a real fan of the art style, but after a few episodes it actually grew on me, even the 1 eyed things. It was a different way of expressing the characters i think, showing more where the focus is.
I wished for a 2nd season, but, after checking some of the comments here about the continuation in the manga i doubt i want to see it. I personally prefer happy endings and what i catch on from posts here is that this anime won't provide the ending i would like to see in a 2nd season. But cause i'm curious i'm gone find a few spoilers for myself so i know to bury this or not even if it has a second season later on.

Gave it 8/10. average score is slightly lower then it deserves imo, I was even planning to give it a 9. The ending made me drop it to 8 because it didn't give closure and i do prefer happier endings.
Jan 4, 2013 1:58 PM

Sep 2011
OH COME ON! At least a 1 minute scene of them a year later, or even just a pic or a sentence ;_;
Also, that fucking Yamamoto should just go to hell, what the fucking hell is she hoping for? They should have really take out that scene.
Well, it was a pretty good and beautiful anime nevertheless. Though unfortunately it had some problems.

I hate love-triangles. Yeah, I know, I shouldn't have watched it then, though I didn't even know there was gonna be 2 (well, 3 if we count Nana). But even they wouldn't have been fine if they didn't focus on them this much. I wanted to see more of Nanami and Yano.
I also started gradually hating Takeuchi, I know a one-sided love can be painful (I experienced it myself), but he was rejected like 10 times and he still doesn't fucking give up. And I also detest people who try to steal their friend's gf.
Yamamoto was painful to watch as well. She was pretty much the same as Takeuchi.
The Nana thing was acceptable and very realistic. You can't just forget a love after the other person died. Though it was also a bit dragged after a while.
Well, actually, I think the whole anime could have been shorter with more focus on the two of them and only some episodes on the triangles.
My only problem with their relationship was that their waviness ('fighting' -> getting along -> 'fighting') was also a bit too much, though this is a minor problem compared to the others.

Even with its smaller/bigger problems this anime gets a 7/10 from me, because their relationship and love for each other was enjoyable, and the anime did a very good job at playing with my feelings. The ending was so sad :(
I also loved the comedy, I almost liked it even more than the romance. They were just so cute, I wanted more of those cute moments between them :)
I didn't really like the art style at first, but I came to like it by the end, especially when they were shown together (kisses, hugs, etc).
I can only hope for a second season after all these years (though if they ever make it I hope they leave out the triangles...).
RazielZeroJan 4, 2013 2:02 PM
Feb 13, 2013 7:32 AM

Oct 2009
Wow, shitty art. Anyway, it was alright. The whole leaving to Tokyo and seeing you in a year part reminds me of NANA, that's what the anime starts with.
May 11, 2013 9:22 PM

Oct 2008
bokura ga ita being my favorite romance manga ever the anime didn't quite live up to my expectations but you know. you win some, you lose some. some parts did drag but the tender moments made up for it. 8/10 because i did nothing but cry and if i cry IT'S GOOD.
May 21, 2013 3:32 AM

Apr 2009
I hate the way they ended the anime half off where the manga left off. They need another sesaon to finish it... it would be SO amazing!!! because the manga was great...and is now complete.. :/
Jun 12, 2013 1:53 PM

Apr 2012
Beautiful and sad at the same time.. 8.5/10 overall , pretty nice anime , but I've to read the manga now, can't wait with this cliffhanger..
Jun 30, 2013 9:13 PM

May 2013
kikoredog said:
I fking HATE IT WHEN AN ANIME DOESNT HAVE FREAKING CLOSURE @ THE END. SO MAD. COULD NOT HAVE GIVEN ME EVEN 1 MINUTE OF THEM A YEAR FROM NOW??? FK I'M MAD AS SHIT. I feel sorry for all you guys who watched this in 08...4 years later...no season 2...GG i'ma hang myself now.

this part did end in a cliffhanger...BUT all you have to do is read the manga and you will know more! since this anime is getting pretty old i wouldnt hope for another season. although i wish they would
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Jul 27, 2013 7:13 AM
Mar 2012
Did this anime have a low budget or something? I thought the art was horrible. The number of still frames didn't really bother me much but the eyes! Most of the time the characters didn't have any eyes or just had one. I would have preferred having a shorter number of episodes with better quality and a faster pace. It's a shame.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 16 Discussion

jacobpaige - Mar 16, 2008

33 by miyatobio »»
Apr 6, 11:28 PM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 19 Discussion

26 by Suoly »»
Mar 20, 10:10 PM

» Bokura ga Ita Season II Discussion

Rufus - Jul 4, 2008

25 by chrisma »»
Feb 7, 8:57 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 11 Discussion

28 by poobular »»
Jan 20, 12:54 AM

Poll: » Bokura ga Ita Episode 1 Discussion

sifma - Jun 24, 2008

48 by JoexySun »»
Dec 27, 2023 1:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.