Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 8, 2017 9:51 PM

Jan 2013
matias067 said:
Why do they always have villains that doesn't act like a true villain and just following orders from sone outside source...!?
4/5.

Technically, Carol wasn't following orders from "some outside source". She was following her father's words, sure, but it wasn't actually his orders. It was her wild misinterpretation of his words.

As for the illuminati being involved, she wasn't following THEIR orders, either. They helped with the construction of her I'm-not-gonna-bother-trying-to-remember-the-whole-name-and-spelling device in some manner (I'm assuming finances and/or materials), but never really "ordered" her to do anything with it. Instead, they let her do her own thing, and secretly took advantage of her plans for their own. (notably, the information on the leylines).

*edit* I don't recall the terrorist organization "Fine'" following any outside orders, either. Both "mom" and Dr. Ver were "inside" the organization while giving orders to Maria's trio. And wait, Priestess Fine' wasn't following outside orders at all, either. "Ryoko" was, in a sense, but only because she wasn't actually Ryoko at all and was actually Fine'.

Okay, I honestly can't tell where you're getting this impression of "outside orders" at all. What are you even talking about here?

@Tarotist I kinda wanna call that theory "wishful thinking", but it actually makes quite a bit of sense. It did feel rather off to me that Cagliostro would eavesdrop on Adam's conversation with Saint Germain, say something along of the lines of "hurting one of us is hurting all of us, and those that would do so need to be stopped" to Saint Germain (not her exact wording, but basically the same messege), then run off to solo the Symphogear users for......reasons. Sure, she had a plan for fighting them and winning, but why fight them at all? Because Adam said so? Adam, the guy you're suspicious of and DON'T want to follow anymore?

The biggest problem I would have with your theory, however, would be Prelati. As far as I could tell, Cagliostro never told Prelati about any plan. In fact, I don't think she even told Prelati about her suspicion of Adam. She simply ran off to fight on her own for.......reasons. Prelati became suspicious of Adam on her own after Cagliostro's death, confronted Adam, confirmed her supsicions, and then started running of to warn Saint Germain.

And as for her battle with the Symphogear users? She didn't go all out to try and trick Tiki or anything else like that. She went all out because she had no choice. Her intentions weren't to fight at all, but to escape from Adam and warn Saint Germain. She wasn't trying to fight the users at all, and in fact spend most of the battle trying to avoid battle. The problem with that, is that the Symphogear users were able to keep up. On top of that, but they then started going all-out on Prelati.

Prelati had no choice in the matter. The only way she could warn Saint Germain was to escape, and the only way to escape the Symphogear users was to fight them. They were too fast to simply outrun, and her simple attacks just weren't slowing them down.

Of course, assuming Cagliostro did, in fact, have some sort of plan, it's likely she also would have been able to save Prelati somehow, with or without Prelati being aware of any Cagliostro shenanigans. I'm sure Cagliostro would have thought ahead at least a little bit. Probably would have some sort of plan for saving Saint Germain in any future battle as well.

And actually, it might not be any sort of plan to begin with. There might just be some sort of function in the Faust robes they wear. It would make a lot of sense for an Alchemist like Saint Germain, who is able to give them "immortal" bodies to have some sort of device/ability/whatever to keep them "immortal" even when they "die". In fact, it would actually be kind of weird if Saint Germain DIDN'T plan that ahead at all.

In any case, we'll all have to wait until ep. 10 (and possibly even later, if the same trend continues with Saint Germain) to find out.
ryuknightalexSep 8, 2017 9:59 PM
Sep 8, 2017 11:15 PM

May 2015
ryuknightalex said:

@Tarotist I kinda wanna call that theory "wishful thinking", but it actually makes quite a bit of sense. It did feel rather off to me that Cagliostro would eavesdrop on Adam's conversation with Saint Germain, say something along of the lines of "hurting one of us is hurting all of us, and those that would do so need to be stopped" to Saint Germain (not her exact wording, but basically the same messege), then run off to solo the Symphogear users for......reasons. Sure, she had a plan for fighting them and winning, but why fight them at all? Because Adam said so? Adam, the guy you're suspicious of and DON'T want to follow anymore?

She simply ran off to fight on her own for.......reasons. Prelati became suspicious of Adam on her own after Cagliostro's death, confronted Adam, confirmed her supsicions, and then started running of to warn Saint Germain.

And as for her battle with the Symphogear users? She didn't go all out to try and trick Tiki or anything else like that. She went all out because she had no choice. Her intentions weren't to fight at all, but to escape from Adam and warn Saint Germain. She wasn't trying to fight the users at all, and in fact spend most of the battle trying to avoid battle. The problem with that, is that the Symphogear users were able to keep up. On top of that, but they then started going all-out on Prelati.

Prelati had no choice in the matter. The only way she could warn Saint Germain was to escape, and the only way to escape the Symphogear users was to fight them. They were too fast to simply outrun, and her simple attacks just weren't slowing them down.

Of course, assuming Cagliostro did, in fact, have some sort of plan, it's likely she also would have been able to save Prelati somehow, with or without Prelati being aware of any Cagliostro shenanigans. I'm sure Cagliostro would have thought ahead at least a little bit. Probably would have some sort of plan for saving Saint Germain in any future battle as well.

And actually, it might not be any sort of plan to begin with. There might just be some sort of function in the Faust robes they wear. It would make a lot of sense for an Alchemist like Saint Germain, who is able to give them "immortal" bodies to have some sort of device/ability/whatever to keep them "immortal" even when they "die". In fact, it would actually be kind of weird if Saint Germain DIDN'T plan that ahead at all.

In any case, we'll all have to wait until ep. 10 (and possibly even later, if the same trend continues with Saint Germain) to find out.

After reading Nekekur's frame by frame analysis of past episodes, I've come to make a habit on paying attention to every single frame. I decided to watch Episode 9 again and decided to pick out a few clues. Now then:

Cagliostro simply ran off to fight on her own for.......reasons.

EXHIBIT A:

The biggest problem I would have with your theory, however, would be Prelati. As far as I could tell, Cagliostro never told Prelati about any plan. In fact, I don't think she even told Prelati about her suspicion of Adam.

EXHIBIT B:

And actually, it might not be any sort of plan to begin with.

EXHIBIT C:

And there's one more detail that could have saved Prelati:
EXHIBIT D:

Darn it! Too much speculation! Let's just wait for Episode 10! Sorry, but I can't handle not seeing my waifu!
TarotistSep 8, 2017 11:21 PM
Sep 16, 2017 5:25 PM

Feb 2013
Murderers! Loli down! Loli down!

For some reason this episode reminded me of Panty & Stocking ep 1 part B "Death Race 2010", and a little Redline too.
Sep 18, 2017 11:41 AM

Sep 2013
Shirabe building a wall inside herself and with help from the priest and tsubasa she gets over it.
Prelati gets run over :'(
Sep 21, 2017 10:16 AM

Apr 2014
this ep honestly if only Prelati would have told them wjhat was going on then maybe she could have lived and they could have did something about whats going on but nope of course instead she just started fighting them lol

good ep but was pretty dumb imo but just how it goes smh
"one step at a time"
Sep 15, 2018 1:52 PM

May 2016
GangsterCat said:
LMAO i thought they are going to play....

CHILDREN CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLE for a moment there XD

GangsterCat said:

What do you want to see most in Seasons 4 and 5?

4. tsubasa x shirabe duet song (nana mizuki x yoshino nanjo)

and FINALLY FINALLY ,YES!!! I KNEW THE DIRECTOR READ MY COMMENT THERE XD

CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLE!!!

I blame Ono for that XD
Sep 15, 2018 1:53 PM

May 2016
CARD GAMES ON MOTORCYCLE!!!

I blame Ono for that XD
Nov 15, 2018 1:15 PM

Jul 2009
Damn, they didn't even let Prelati reason as to why she's causing havok.

At least, Shirabe finally gets to unison with others besides Kirika. Yeah, the whole bike scene really reminded me of 5D's, which I didn't realize is also the director of the current Symphogear seasons.

NICEE!!
Nov 23, 2018 8:56 AM

May 2016
Tsubasa and Shirabe make a decent team~

Nice backstory on Shirabe, interesting seeing her with all these insecurities when she's always seemed so resolute.

Gotta love Adam's fanservice fam

What's with the chase scene? CARD GAMES ON MOTERCYCLES? XD

Katsumi Ono tho did direct 5d's
Mar 29, 2019 3:43 PM

Mar 2018
I actually wonder why almost no one (except of 2/3 people) commented that this episode kind of reveals that Shirabe is related to the Shrine or more likely to the priest.
1. A joke about a granddaughter that died in a car crash with her family and would be the same age as them (if she was still alive).
2. Her Symphogear is based on a rabbit, so does the shrine.
3. Tsuki Shrine, including the belongings she had when she was found... Tsukiyomi.

Loved this episode.
Koito91Mar 29, 2019 3:48 PM

☆  PlayStation: KoitoTV
☆  Discord: Koito
☆  Twitch Koito
☆  @Koito91
Aug 24, 2019 3:18 PM

Apr 2012
Oh wow they iced Prelati like it was nothing, somehow I think that wouldn't have happened with Hibiki.

I hope Saint-Germain makes it out alive.
Jun 19, 2020 8:18 PM

Jan 2012
They sure transitioned into killing people pretty quick. Strangly enough Hibiki hasn't been involved in this cause if she had she would not approve. Not that I have a problem with this, the sgow just doesn't seem to acknowledge this.
Dec 26, 2020 4:33 PM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
saint germain is totally just maria 2.0, recycled plot is really recycled, but we get super ripped dude as main baddie so I can't complain when all the baddies so far are either annoying wimps like dr. ver or the lolis from GX

NYANPASU
5700XT

May 10, 2021 10:42 AM

Feb 2020
Tiki is still annoying as hell, but otherwise this was a decent episode.

SerafosDec 28, 2023 7:59 AM
Jun 14, 2021 1:59 AM

Feb 2014
tsk tsk the symphogear blocking the fast lane on the way to the shrine xD

I wanna go the the bunny shrine :O

I found that to be a really interesting battle ngl, espeially since all Prelati wanted to do was warn Saint-Germain

that “jinja-joke...waraenai” at the end was golden xD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 16, 2023 11:58 AM

Nov 2010
Prelati's death was forced, IMO. How hard is it for Prelati to ask them nicely that she wants to be left alone so she can warn Saint Germain and for Shirabe & Tsubasa to tell Prelati that she's free to do so as long as she doesn't destroy everything in her path?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2017

53 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:55 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2017

39 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 6:10 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 16, 2017

53 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 1:49 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2017

35 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 12:51 PM

Poll: » Senki Zesshou Symphogear AXZ Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2017

46 by MizuhoKamui »»
Sep 16, 2023 11:07 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.