Forum Settings
Forums
Black Butler
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 18, 2017 4:11 PM

Apr 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
so there's the original Sebastian where our demon boy got his name!
I was surprised that Ciel knew Undertaker all the way back then, that guy is always around somewhere.
I was really interested seeing the relationship between the two Ciels, but now I'm just sad that we have to wait another month to see what the big event that happened was...
Aug 18, 2017 8:56 PM
Dec 2016
I'm really enjoying the look at the past of the two and the look at their personalities wer're gettting. I also find it interesting that the white clover me and both promise and revenge because the first page of the chapter said a promise in white clover. I can't wait to see how it turns out
Aug 19, 2017 2:54 AM

Apr 2015
I need to protect our Ciel.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 19, 2017 10:07 AM

Apr 2017
I need Another chapter then Another more
Aug 20, 2017 10:27 AM

Dec 2016
JadeCeci said:

Precisely. Yana likes to drag things out (Remember the school arc?) so it won't be before next year that we get to see who killed Agni, and what really happened to Ciel2
Aug 20, 2017 10:59 AM

Apr 2017
Sonal1988 said:
JadeCeci said:

Precisely. Yana likes to drag things out (Remember the school arc?) so it won't be before next year that we get to see who killed Agni, and what really happened to Ciel2

Probably... Last year i had taken a Break from Kuroshitsuji and hadnt read anything for 9 months. IT was really nice to read 9 episodes all Together 9 months later but now.... I dont want to wait even one Day
Well i guess we'll need to and at least book of Atlantic movie dvd is finally released
Aug 20, 2017 11:01 AM

Dec 2016
JadeCeci said:

Probably... Last year i had taken a Break from Kuroshitsuji and hadnt read anything for 9 months. IT was really nice to read 9 episodes all Together 9 months later but now.... I dont want to wait even one Day
Well i guess we'll need to and at least book of Atlantic movie dvd is finally released

Not sure what the BoA movie has to do with the Twin Ciel mystery.
Aug 20, 2017 11:01 AM

Apr 2017
I still dont Think anything good Will Come from this twin theory... I had never Wanted it
I dont really Wanna see them to be against each other because they were So close in the Past.
I dont want our ciel to lose Everything either
Well i dont want sebastian to Eat ciels soul either :DDD
Aug 20, 2017 11:03 AM

Apr 2017
Sonal1988 said:
JadeCeci said:

Not sure what the BoA movie has to do with the Twin Ciel mystery.

Welp sorry it was just a reminder that we at least have something to watch while Waiting the new chapter
Aug 20, 2017 11:04 AM

Dec 2016
JadeCeci said:

Welp sorry it was just a reminder that we at least have something to watch while Waiting the new chapter

Ahahaha. Yeah! And doesn't Ciel in a blond wig look SO much like Joanne Harcourt? OR even Yurio, for that matter.
Aug 21, 2017 7:37 AM

Sep 2011
So, I still feel like all this long-lost twin stuff just came out of absolutely nowhere... Was this foreshadowed at all prior to the attack on Agni and Soma? Or is it just that I can't remember the foreshadowing now because of the monthly release putting it so long ago? If it was foreshadowed at all, when was that and has it been animated at this point?

Foreshadowed or not though, I'm concerned about where this will take the story... I guess we'll have to wait and see.
"EVERYBODY, CLAP YOUR HANDS!"

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Aug 21, 2017 9:28 AM

Dec 2015
MistLiigh said:
So, I still feel like all this long-lost twin stuff just came out of absolutely nowhere... Was this foreshadowed at all prior to the attack on Agni and Soma? Or is it just that I can't remember the foreshadowing now because of the monthly release putting it so long ago? If it was foreshadowed at all, when was that and has it been animated at this point?

Foreshadowed or not though, I'm concerned about where this will take the story... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Really you need look no further than the countless forum posts, kuroshitsuji blogs and youtube videos that were speaking about the two ciel c2 theory for years, it really isn't coming out of nowhere but instead has been carefully built up since the beginning
Aug 21, 2017 10:54 AM

Sep 2013
A look back at the 2 ciel's, our ciel is sickly just like his mother.
The home invasion next chapter, it might be the queen's men or lao since no ordinary thugs can just come and kill the phantomhives.
Aug 21, 2017 11:13 AM

Jul 2012
Aaaaa, so short Ç-Ç
I'm so curious and it is so nice to see things getting together. We even got a glimpse from that flashback in circus arc. Ho boi :D

Aug 21, 2017 1:51 PM

Sep 2011
Jacksnapp said:
MistLiigh said:

Really you need look no further than the countless forum posts, kuroshitsuji blogs and youtube videos that were speaking about the two ciel c2 theory for years, it really isn't coming out of nowhere but instead has been carefully built up since the beginning

Thanks Jacksnapp for pointing that out. I only recently started looking at the forums at all, so I had no idea this theory existed. I found a forum topic now, and it was all the sort of details most people won't notice until they go back looking for them, and vague clues I just forgot about before I could even start connecting them together. And I misinterpreted the flashback to the sacrifice that summoned Sebastian as being more affected by mental trauma and thus metaphorical than what it turns out to have actually been (and then forgot about it too...), so I basically just missed it on all points. I admit I did not give Yana enough credit here, it was my bad.

I may have to binge through the old chapters sometime to see the flow without a month to forget everything between each chapter, in the meantime I'll just have to focus on how this revelation affects the remainder of the story.

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Aug 22, 2017 2:37 AM

Dec 2015
MistLiigh said:
Jacksnapp said:

Thanks Jacksnapp for pointing that out. I only recently started looking at the forums at all, so I had no idea this theory existed. I found a forum topic now, and it was all the sort of details most people won't notice until they go back looking for them, and vague clues I just forgot about before I could even start connecting them together. And I misinterpreted the flashback to the sacrifice that summoned Sebastian as being more affected by mental trauma and thus metaphorical than what it turns out to have actually been (and then forgot about it too...), so I basically just missed it on all points. I admit I did not give Yana enough credit here, it was my bad.

I may have to binge through the old chapters sometime to see the flow without a month to forget everything between each chapter, in the meantime I'll just have to focus on how this revelation affects the remainder of the story.

I feel you there pal, I had read about 2Ciel Theory (2CT) ages ago and at the beginning I dismissed it as a intricate (way too deeply thought out) fan theory that while being super interesting, would most likely end up being completely wrong or at least irrelevant to the story anyway.

But since I signed up on MAL and joined in on the discussions surrounding each new chapter, the 2CT was brought up again and I found myself surprisingly finding more and more clues hinting towards his twin.

Therefore, the shock wasn't too big and it felt like anything but an ass-pull

I can definitely understand why the lost twin would feel like it came out of nowhere to anyone who didn't know/remember 2CT.

I suggest you read up on the hints before you binge through it again ;)

Sites like

http://theofficialdoublecieltheorist.blogspot.com

https://ddreamzone.wordpress.com/2017/04/22/the-two-ciel-theory-masterpost-kuroshitsuji/

documented most of it.
Aug 22, 2017 5:47 AM

Sep 2011
Jacksnapp said:
MistLiigh said:

I feel you there pal, I had read about 2Ciel Theory (2CT) ages ago and at the beginning I dismissed it as a intricate (way too deeply thought out) fan theory that while being super interesting, would most likely end up being completely wrong or at least irrelevant to the story anyway.

But since I signed up on MAL and joined in on the discussions surrounding each new chapter, the 2CT was brought up again and I found myself surprisingly finding more and more clues hinting towards his twin.

Therefore, the shock wasn't too big and it felt like anything but an ass-pull

I can definitely understand why the lost twin would feel like it came out of nowhere to anyone who didn't know/remember 2CT.

I suggest you read up on the hints before you binge through it again ;)

Sites like

https://ddreamzone.wordpress.com/2017/04/22/the-two-ciel-theory-masterpost-kuroshitsuji/

documented most of it.

Thanks for all the resources and understanding!

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Aug 22, 2017 9:31 PM

Mar 2015
It was an alright chapter. Had a look into both boy's backstory a bit. It was interesting to see that fake!Ciel didn't like Sebastian the dog and vice versa...strange...
Aug 23, 2017 3:24 AM

Dec 2016
Jacksnapp said:

Sites like

documented most of it.

Same. I dismissed the TCT instantly, but when I began reading the manga, I ould see how very smartly Yana had been littering hints throughout these years. For example, here's a panel that always puzzled me

Some fans point as far back as The Book of Murder to show hints of TCT. My God. How long had she even been planning about this twin?
-Sonal-Aug 23, 2017 4:17 AM
Aug 23, 2017 6:15 AM

Sep 2011
Sonal1988 said:
Jacksnapp said:

Sites like

documented most of it.

Same. I dismissed the TCT instantly, but when I began reading the manga, I ould see how very smartly Yana had been littering hints throughout these years. For example, here's a panel that always puzzled me

Some fans point as far back as The Book of Murder to show hints of TCT. My God. How long had she even been planning about this twin?

OP in this MAL thread points as far back as chapter 2. They bring up the conversation about the Phantomhive family ring, but this point is hard to tell if it's meant to be interpreted this way or if it has more to do with the translation leaving it open for people to read what they want to see between the lines. The other point given here is the way Sebastian puts quotes around "Ciel Phantomhive" and gives a knowing little chuckle, which I think is more likely to be an intentional clue, albeit pretty vague by itself. But it's common and good practice for writers to have an ending in mind before they even begin writing, so it's not unlikely that Yana's been planning this long-lost twin reveal for 11 years.

"PLUS ULTRA!"
Aug 23, 2017 6:29 AM

Dec 2016
MistLiigh said:

OP in this MAL thread points as far back as chapter 2. They bring up the conversation about the Phantomhive family ring, but this point is hard to tell if it's meant to be interpreted this way or if it has more to do with the translation leaving it open for people to read what they want to see between the lines. The other point given here is the way Sebastian puts quotes around "Ciel Phantomhive" and gives a knowing little chuckle, which I think is more likely to be an intentional clue, albeit pretty vague by itself. But it's common and good practice for writers to have an ending in mind before they even begin writing, so it's not unlikely that Yana's been planning this long-lost twin reveal for 11 years.

Real life Sherlocks......
Aug 23, 2017 4:33 PM

May 2010
So Sebastian was named after big bad dog? That makes sense actually :> Nice, slow backstory chapter, can't wait for the big event next month... Plus, I want to know what our Ciel's real name is already!
Aug 26, 2017 9:21 AM

Jun 2014
I don't think I want to know our!Ciel's name lol. It's probably disappointing.
This is a boring & cliché backstory, I doubt we'll see the invaders in the next chap for the sake of the story not ending too soon...I'm hoping for an Undertaker cameo as he's probably involved in the 2 ciel fiasco.
Sep 3, 2017 11:28 AM

May 2011
good chapter, but I'm scared that Sebastian might start to serve the other Ciel ;;
Sep 13, 2017 12:57 AM

Jun 2011
Sonalisa said:
good chapter, but I'm scared that Sebastian might start to serve the other Ciel ;;

That should be impossible, because our Ciel made the contract with Sebastian. Technically, if anyone were to leave our Ciel's sides, I could only imagine it being the servants, but at the same time, I find that hard to comprehend, because as far as I know, they're very loyal to our Ciel.
Sep 13, 2017 12:58 AM

Jun 2011
Anyone have any idea of when Chapter 132 comes out? TT^TT
I'm really enjoying the series.
Sep 13, 2017 3:58 PM

May 2010
Rayla said:
Anyone have any idea of when Chapter 132 comes out? TT^TT
I'm really enjoying the series.

Translation of every new chapter comes out around ~22nd of each month, so it should be out next week, give or take a few days.
Sep 16, 2017 5:54 AM
Mar 2013
I honestly cannot wait for the next chapter, I did not expect this at all. Although looking back, something just make sense like how Sebastian always react when Original!Ciel mentions his name. I will be taking a wild guess here but I honestly think that the Twin!Ciel gave him (Original!Ciel) poison or something in that milk for him not to go with their family. Anyway, we will see on the following chapters.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kuro Shitsuji Chapter 5 Discussion

zq - Jul 7, 2008

23 by Emmuhzx »»
Apr 23, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 211 Discussion

TheMangaManiac - Apr 18

1 by calzonepocket »»
Apr 18, 5:54 AM

» a small disscussion on how you feel about black buttler?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 17

3 by Hydroalbidius »»
Apr 17, 5:28 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 36 Discussion

Jellyfish13 - Aug 20, 2009

29 by Embient »»
Apr 13, 4:25 AM

Poll: » Kuroshitsuji Chapter 210 Discussion

EfiChan - Mar 20

4 by EfiChan »»
Mar 27, 5:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.