Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 7, 2017 3:37 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
-_Shiro_- said:
LonelyLittleStar said:

yess it does, ik it will be amazing :3
I am sooo not patient for the next episode...

I am kinda hoping it goes farther than what we have for the manga but idk

idk how much material is out there to get adapted but everything they have for sure ^^

Definitely!! Just ;; I really need to know what happens after chapter 40 >3<
aaAHH can't wait!
Oct 7, 2017 3:42 PM

May 2015
JUNNA!

So an abandoned puppy gets picked up by Elias Ainz Ooal Gown and becomes his bitch and future waifu...

Lots of color and pretty art. It could use a bit more music though. A slow start, but it looks like we're going to be doing a lot of exploring.This should be fun.
TarotistNov 14, 2017 6:33 AM
Oct 7, 2017 3:45 PM

Jun 2017
What an great first episode, got me completely immersed in the world by the first 5 minutes. The world seems interesting and I already like the main characters. Looking foward to it.
Oct 7, 2017 3:51 PM

Feb 2017
OMG I LOVED IT.

The MC was adorable. Her desire for a family and home is so sad, and I hope she finds it. I can't wait to see her develop into a strong character.

I adored the mage. He was a cutie (in a weird way) and I loved the way he kept patting her head.

The fantasy setting was beautiful, and dayum I wish I was living in that cottage.

Also lol as if she was like 'yeah sure I'll come on a walk into a dark forest with some weird ass fairy with glowing red eyes'.

I can't wait for the next ep!
'I love you because you're you. I'm happy that you're whole. I don't care if there are sides of you that I don't know, or don't like. If that's who you are, that's fine. As long as you're whole, that's enough for me.'-Kouko Kaga
Oct 7, 2017 3:52 PM

Dec 2016
LonelyLittleStar said:

aaAHH can't wait!

i can't wait for the 2nd episode i can't imagine how tough it is for u to wait till it reaches that point XD u better hold like a rock there XD

Oct 7, 2017 4:03 PM

Sep 2017
just finished the first ep, i love it so far. the op is amazing and the mc is really likable. this seems promising.
Edward Elric > your waifu

Oct 7, 2017 4:05 PM
Aug 2017
Off to such a wonderful start. I cannot wait for the rest of the episodes. It gives me peaceful vibe. Also, the music is wonderful and the quality is beautiful.
Oct 7, 2017 4:07 PM
⭐Space Cadet⭐

Nov 2016
-_Shiro_- said:
LonelyLittleStar said:

aaAHH can't wait!

i can't wait for the 2nd episode i can't imagine how tough it is for u to wait till it reaches that point XD u better hold like a rock there XD

oh boy I am X'D
waiting... and waiting..
Oct 7, 2017 4:08 PM

Apr 2013
Amazing adaptation. I absolutely love the voice actors for these characters. Beautiful scenes in 60 fps.

Oct 7, 2017 4:21 PM

May 2015
And so the main series is finally here. Pretty nice first episode. I'm really liking Elias so far.

The OVAs were pretty great, so I'm expecting the main series to be just as good, or even better. The forest scene was really pretty.

Oct 7, 2017 4:29 PM

Mar 2016
I was actually looking forward to this one all summer because I loved the ova eps, and resisted visiting the manga but this first episode isn't kinda living up to the hype. It wasn't bad...kinda cute here and there where Elias brought her into the bath and at the end where he drops a bomb like nothing on to her "you're going to be my wife". The awkwardness was kind of cute, but it definitely wasn't the direction that I was expecting the anime to go.
I'm going to keep watching to see where this goes.
Oct 7, 2017 4:42 PM

Jun 2015
This was absolutely amazing. The art, animation and music was beautiful. Those ariels were freaky. I'm glad Chise found a home. Looking forward to see more.
Oct 7, 2017 4:51 PM

Aug 2016
First the fairy scared the crap out me, then it tries to take Chise away, WTF.

I'm really loving this already, not much else to say. Can't wait for more.
Oct 7, 2017 4:53 PM

Jun 2011
Is Elias supposed to be a personification of the "Big Black Man stealing your women" because he looked like he just cucked the humans out of Chise?
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Oct 7, 2017 4:57 PM
Jun 2013
Personally, I can't say I thought this episode was all that great. Haven't read the manga, so I don't know what's to come, but I thought this episode was okay. Honestly, I need to see more development between Elias and Chise first, because right now, their relationship seems contrived. I want something natural and slowly built like Spice and Wolf! Also, I was expecting a more serious tone on the fact that she was bought at a slave auction, but they seem to gleam over it. Oh, and I also hate the fact that they spoiled a lot in the opening, what the heck?!

I'm sure I'll feel differently about the series as we go through, but I'll see. Definitely not dropping though.
Oct 7, 2017 4:59 PM
Jul 2018
Compare to OVA, the pacing feel really smooth or normal now. As expected of wit studio, the art, adaptation, pacing, voice acting, soundtrack etc etc was upto the mark. flawless/5 for this episode. Personally, Elias kinda reminds me of ALL MIGHT :D

removed-userOct 7, 2017 5:05 PM
Oct 7, 2017 5:11 PM

Jan 2014
Abit strange going for bride and apprentice, loving this show so far though. The OVA was amazing and this is off to a great start too.
Oct 7, 2017 5:13 PM

Jun 2017
Raetin said:
Personally, I can't say I thought this episode was all that great. Haven't read the manga, so I don't know what's to come, but I thought this episode was okay. Honestly, I need to see more development between Elias and Chise first, because right now, their relationship seems contrived. I want something natural and slowly built like Spice and Wolf! Also, I was expecting a more serious tone on the fact that she was bought at a slave auction, but they seem to gleam over it. Oh, and I also hate the fact that they spoiled a lot in the opening, what the heck?!

I'm sure I'll feel differently about the series as we go through, but I'll see. Definitely not dropping though.

Don't worry about the auction, it will be explained eventually (well dunno if the anime will go that far, we'll see) but I can assure you it's not a plot hole.
Oct 7, 2017 5:23 PM

Aug 2014
Good pacing for the first episode. Cant wait to see what happens next
Oct 7, 2017 5:23 PM

Oct 2010
Not really comfortable with the whole "I bought a wife" aspect, but I didn't care for that in the manga either of course. Other than that, perfect adaptation of the manga. Easily Studio Wit's best work already ( I hate basically everything else they've done), and easily their best animation to date. Soundtrack is already top tier, too.

I really can't stand JUNNA's voice. She sounds like a young girl trying to sing like an older woman. Then I google her and find out that's exactly what she is. It just doesn't sound like a "natural" tone. It's like when on America's Got Talent you get those 8 year old girls that try to sing a Whitney Houston song exactly like Whitney did. They can hit the notes but it sounds really forced and unnatural. Same issue I have with JUNNA. Maybe I'll like her when she gets older. I hope they got with someone else for the second cour opening.
Oct 7, 2017 5:27 PM

Oct 2010
MomoSinX said:

Don't worry about the auction, it will be explained eventually (well dunno if the anime will go that far, we'll see) but I can assure you it's not a plot hole.

Anime is listed for 24 episodes so you can make an educated guess based on current pacing and 24 episodes.
Oct 7, 2017 5:32 PM
Jun 2013
MomoSinX said:

That's good to here. Despite not feeling it so much this episode, I still have high expectations for this anime, so I'm looking forward to it.
Oct 7, 2017 5:39 PM

Sep 2009
Smugdere said:
As someone whose up to date on the manga, seeing that gift Elias gave to Chise again kinda hurts my heart...

NOOO WHAT U MEAN?!?! NO SPOILLSSSSS ;—;

Check out~ ♥ Some quality AMV:s made with love ♥ My Youtube
Oct 7, 2017 5:40 PM

Sep 2009
This was so great!!!! I HOPE THEY KEEP IT UP!! Animation and storywise <3 Hype traaaain~~~

Check out~ ♥ Some quality AMV:s made with love ♥ My Youtube
Oct 7, 2017 5:44 PM

Dec 2015
finally its out . im really excited for this . so far its almost the same with the manga and i think it will until the latest chapter (judging from the trailer0

and btw its slay vega in the manga not sleigh beggy
Oct 7, 2017 5:46 PM

Jun 2017
Kougeru said:
MomoSinX said:

Anime is listed for 24 episodes so you can make an educated guess based on current pacing and 24 episodes.

1 episode is not enough to gauge that imo, who knows, the studio might skip a few things. If they won't skip anything then my guess would be that 24 eps will end around chapter 25-30 ish. This is a pretty chill series with lots of dialogue for the most part after all. There's action from time to time but it's not really the focus.
Oct 7, 2017 5:46 PM
Mar 2017
BOOOORING. All this show has done so far is shove it in your face how bad you should feel for the special snowflake protag because apparently, the whole universe is against her and everything that could go wrong does. What a waste of animation. Dropped.
Oct 7, 2017 5:51 PM

Oct 2010
MomoSinX said:

1 episode is not enough to gauge that imo, who knows, the studio might skip a few things. If they won't skip anything then my guess would be that 24 eps will end around chapter 25-30 ish. This is a pretty chill series with lots of dialogue for the most part after all. There's action from time to time but it's not really the focus.

Working off the assumption the pace won't change from how it was based off episode 1, is exactly what I meant. It's safe to assume it WILL change, but I wasn't sure how far along the specific event was. I wasn't sure if you knew it was 2-cour either (some people don't check). So if it was something that took place somewhere toward the "middle", knowing it was 2-cour could've been enough to safely say it will be in the anime.

Anywho, thanks for sharing your guess on all this stuff. They seem to be doing a good job so far. I only got a few chapters into the manga myself, and episode 1 seemed pretty spot on. I expect a lot of more peaceful stuff to be skipped, honestly, because a lot that doesn't make "good tv" but I still expect it will be one of the better anime of the year.
Oct 7, 2017 5:54 PM
Feb 2016
KiritoXAsuna4evr said:
BOOOORING. All this show has done so far is shove it in your face how bad you should feel for the special snowflake protag because apparently, the whole universe is against her and everything that could go wrong does. What a waste of animation. Dropped.

I'm sorry, what? This didn't do that at all.
But then again I looked at your username and saw what great taste you have.
Oct 7, 2017 5:55 PM

Jan 2016
This really is a great first episode.
I really like the manga, so I was hoping they'd give the anime a proper start.

Wasn't disappointed. :)
Oct 7, 2017 5:59 PM

Jun 2017
Kougeru said:
MomoSinX said:

Working off the assumption the pace won't change from how it was based off episode 1, is exactly what I meant. It's safe to assume it WILL change, but I wasn't sure how far along the specific event was. I wasn't sure if you knew it was 2-cour either (some people don't check). So if it was something that took place somewhere toward the "middle", knowing it was 2-cour could've been enough to safely say it will be in the anime.

Anywho, thanks for sharing your guess on all this stuff. They seem to be doing a good job so far. I only got a few chapters into the manga myself, and episode 1 seemed pretty spot on. I expect a lot of more peaceful stuff to be skipped, honestly, because a lot that doesn't make "good tv" but I still expect it will be one of the better anime of the year.

I think it has the potential to be anime of the year. The current adoption rate seems to be spot on so I hope the studio maintains this level. I was looking forward to this ever since I started reading the manga 3 years ago.
Oct 7, 2017 6:03 PM

Jul 2016
wooh its finally airing, beautiful animation and I like the smooth pacing for the somber atmosphere. Can't wait to see the rest of the episodes, the feels incoming, and more interesting characters to be animated.

Exeterna said:

yeah I wonder if its translation error or just other word for slay vega, though I much preferred slay vega
Oct 7, 2017 6:05 PM

Oct 2010
MomoSinX said:

I think it has the potential to be anime of the year. The current adoption rate seems to be spot on so I hope the studio maintains this level. I was looking forward to this ever since I started reading the manga 3 years ago.

Then I remembered (lol, even though I brought it up) that it's 2-cour so if it's gonna be in my top "of the year" anime, it will be for 2018 because I count an anime for the year it ENDS in, not starts in. In that case, I already have my "Anime of 2017" earlier this year. The single-cour shows for this season don't seem to have the potential.
Oct 7, 2017 6:07 PM

Oct 2010
cronoSpirA said:
wooh its finally airing, beautiful animation and I like the smooth pacing for the somber atmosphere. Can't wait to see the rest of the episodes, the feels incoming, and more interesting characters to be animated.

Exeterna said:

yeah I wonder if its translation error or just other word for slay vega, though I much preferred slay vega

Sleigh Beggy is actually the correct way, and was how the OFFICIAL English release had it, I thought? Technically it should be "Sleih Beggey" if we want to get really accurate. Either way, "Sleigh beggy" is far more correct then "slay vega"

https://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/23149/what-is-a-slay-vega
Oct 7, 2017 6:26 PM

Jul 2016
Kougeru said:

Sleigh Beggy is actually the correct way, and was how the OFFICIAL English release had it, I thought? Technically it should be "Sleih Beggey" if we want to get really accurate. Either way, "Sleigh beggy" is far more correct then "slay vega"

https://anime.stackexchange.com/questions/23149/what-is-a-slay-vega
thanks for clearing my confusion, so its more accurate term for slay vega, maybe thw fanlations used it cause it sounds cool
Oct 7, 2017 6:29 PM

Aug 2012
This anime/manga is so close to my heart, I just love it so much, and the music is so great and makes everything even more beatifull and emotional </3 I just can't.
Oct 7, 2017 6:30 PM

May 2012
Gonna take a while getting used to "Sleigh beggy". I hadn't even known there was that huge a difference between "Slay Vega" and "Sleigh Beggy" and their actual meaning until now.

Anyway, all in all, a great start. Adapted it perfectly and it felt a lot more emotional in here than the manga, probably because of the ost and it being animated and all, obviously. Nice to see silky<3 as well. Looking forward to the introduction for other characters, as well as Chise slowly opening up to everyone.

Oct 7, 2017 6:34 PM

Feb 2008
ok so is it slay vega or whatever they used here. I prefer Slay Vega better.

also the many faces of Elias were too funny.
Oct 7, 2017 7:04 PM

Jul 2009
Yo dude I'm getting some Headpat Simulator vibes here...
Don't forget.
Always, somewhere,
someone is fighting for you.
As long as you remember her,
you are not alone.
Oct 7, 2017 7:09 PM

Dec 2008
A highly anticipated and perfectly marvelous first episode!

I would totally marry Elias myself!
Oct 7, 2017 7:11 PM

Aug 2013
And that's probably gonna complete my list of shows to watch this season. I'm glad I elected to watch this one.
Don't believe the hype.
Oct 7, 2017 7:28 PM
Oct 2009
Aww i feel really sorry for chise that she had undergo so much shit. :(
Glad it's over.

Was really intersting and great episode. ^^
5/5
Oct 7, 2017 7:42 PM

Nov 2015
I'd never bothered with the manga but the OVAs drew me in completely and I'm looking forward to this show as a genuine highlight of the Autumn cour. Great stuff.
Oct 7, 2017 7:57 PM

Sep 2017
ahhh what an awesome first episode :)

i'm liking the characters so far as well as the story

10/10

i'm all yours if you're all mine.
/stär əsk/

Oct 7, 2017 8:09 PM

Feb 2015
Beautiful, Tender, Charming, Spectacular, Wonderful, Splendid, Magnificent !!
Oct 7, 2017 8:38 PM

Mar 2016
Been waiting months, glad it's here.
So far it's carrying a 'safe' vibe; something not necessarily negative to say it's meta, but rather a sense of safety you have when watching it. Been awhile since I felt this way about an anime, over a year at least.
Hoping it stays this way.
Lie until what you want to be true becomes truth. Lie until you can't remember what's a lie and what isn't.  Lie until you aren't lying anymore!
Figures
Oct 7, 2017 8:38 PM

May 2017
This is the best of the season. Oh my word, it is so beautiful. Haven’t watched the OVAs, so I don’t know what to expect, but just this first episode has drawn me in.
8/10
the universe has moved for us
there wasn’t even a little miss
Oct 7, 2017 8:40 PM
May 2017
to be honest, I can already see this anime being totally over-hyped, but I really enjoyed the first none the less. It gets a solid 8/10 (therefore a 4/5 vote) from me since I don't immediately want to give it the top rating and have my hopes dashed by the end or something. The animation was interesting to say the least and I can't stress how much a love the design around the mage's home. This series seems promising so far, I just hope it'll at the very least keep the 8/10 it's going in with for me.
Oct 7, 2017 9:23 PM

Aug 2008
Wonderful episode. I love the atmosphere and how the characters interact. chise's suffering really shows on her face. I am sure she will get better
Oct 7, 2017 9:24 PM

Aug 2014
Looks like we got that Lost Children adaptation after all.

Raising her as a pet, to be his bride? The OVAs were enjoyable, but it also didn't have much of this weird dynamic going on. From the preview though, I expect the show to mostly be worldbuilding with Chise.
Sieg Zeon!
Pages (8) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2018

266 by NotBonBon »»
Mar 24, 4:30 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Feb 3, 2018

81 by hales_comet »»
Feb 22, 8:24 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

UrbanJahts - Jul 26, 2017

247 by hales_comet »»
Feb 21, 8:09 PM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2017

189 by satyamkumar4005 »»
Jan 12, 9:00 AM

Poll: » Mahoutsukai no Yome Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2017

119 by Thaliel »»
Dec 18, 2023 11:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.