Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Sep 1, 2017 1:29 PM

Mar 2015
Both kinda. I don't care about watching anime in front of my family or my friend, but I would never watch it around anyone else.
woah there
Sep 1, 2017 3:26 PM

Apr 2013
I watch anime indifferently.

When I watch.
Sep 1, 2017 4:02 PM
Aug 2016
Secretly, because I hate watching anything in front of anyone. It's just awkward.
Sep 1, 2017 7:06 PM
Sep 2017
Openly. Just the adults' mind is different from us. I usually watch the anime openly. Last time, my mother and I went to watch the anime movie "Your name"together, she said the animation effect is excellent。
If your mother have a concer about you, you can use your headphone.The best of both worlds, right?
Sep 2, 2017 12:47 PM

Jun 2016
Why would I watch it secretly?
Thoigh i am sometimes being teased because of it.
Sep 2, 2017 12:55 PM

Jun 2015
openly, don't really care what people think. although I wouldn't say I watch anime anymore, I just watch sequels of the anime that I like.
Sep 2, 2017 3:45 PM

Nov 2016
It's not like I try to keep the fact that I watch anime a secret, I just don't talk about it too much other than with my close friends.

Though I would say most people know so I'm not sure if I watch open or secret :p
Sep 2, 2017 4:04 PM

Jan 2009
Privately and on my own. I neither make a big Secret out of it, nor do I talk about it if the other Person doesn't mention it.

For Example, I used to watch Anime on my Laptop in the Train and I didn't care whether or not someone else could see what I would watch. But it's not like I would want others to watch as well and frankly spoken, it's an Activity that I prefer to do on my own, since I tend to sometimes pause the Video and replay Scenes to read everything.
Sep 2, 2017 4:35 PM

Aug 2016
Well, its not really populair here. So we are weebs real fast.
Now I don't care bout everybody sayin I'm a weeb, but I still rather have them not.

I don't lie bout the fact that I do not watch it, when ever they ask, I answer.
I just don't bring it up, myself, unself asked to.

Reach out

Sep 4, 2017 2:04 AM

Oct 2011
I'm not open about it not because I think anime is embarrassing but just because I generally don't say what I'm doing in my free time.
Sep 4, 2017 2:08 AM

Oct 2014
I watch anime very openly, well usually. Hentai secretly lmao that's my own time xDDDD
Sep 4, 2017 7:40 AM

Jan 2011
I don't really fall into either. My fam knows I watch anime and they are mostly indifferent. I don't openly reveal that I watch anime in my free time but if I find out an acquaintance watches anime casually (approx 4-5 titles) then I'm happy to talk about it passionately and make recommendations.

But I guess I lean towards being secretive about it. I wouldn't feel comfortable watching it in a public space or if I lived with a roommate.
Sep 4, 2017 8:08 AM

Mar 2014
Depends what I'm watching and who is watching me.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 4, 2017 9:03 AM

Feb 2015
i watch anime openly but i fap to my chinese cartoons in secret.
Sep 4, 2017 9:23 AM

Jan 2010
I watch anime alone (I hate watching it with other people presence) but I'm pretty open about showing my love for anime. (except my fujoshi self which no one knows, only two people who is my besties knows)
Sep 4, 2017 9:36 AM

Jul 2009
Secretly although I talk about it openly
Sep 4, 2017 12:17 PM

Aug 2017
Most people I met irl who are open about it come off as completely obnoxious and insufferable, I don't want to be around them so I just keep it to myself, my other few friends keep it to themselves too, thankfully.
Sep 16, 2017 9:21 PM

Aug 2015
I watch secretly and quietly... H E e h e.

Sep 16, 2017 9:52 PM

Aug 2010
Openly duh! All of my good friends that i've known forever and my brother watch it actively. Even my own mother used to watch it a lot back when she lived in Japan. I don't think any of my co-workers know that I watch anime and I don't really feel like telling them since none of them watch it anyway. I don't usually hang out with them other than maybe going to bars/restaurants after work.

Sep 16, 2017 10:20 PM
Jul 2018
When I was younger I would watch anime for the most part in secret, with low volume. But over time, I've heard one shunning remark toward anime to the next shunning remark toward anime, and now, I know longer care what others opinions are about it. In my room alone, I have a tall bookshelf cram packed with anime and manga material, sure, my parents hate every corner of it. But this is what I've become, and it's too late going back now. That is all. *Wipes a single tear from eye*

Sep 16, 2017 10:30 PM

Feb 2014
Well, I don't like to draw any unnecessary attention to myself, especially since all the normies around me have no idea what anime is, so I watch anime kind of secretly. But they do know that I watch these "Japanese cartoons". It's just that, let's face it, most anime aren't the kind of things you can watch openly in public and not get misunderstood for a weirdo, or worse, a pervert or a pedo. Explaining to them each time would be too much of pain in the ass, so I just watch all the "weird" ones by myself in my room.

And yeah, I just don't like watching anything with others around in the first place. It's too distracting and breaks my immersion. So there's that too.
VhailorSep 16, 2017 10:33 PM
Sep 17, 2017 12:58 AM

Mar 2016
Hey man what your mum does my parents do that too. They always think im watching kinky shyt and that im an even worse degenerate than i currently am. But to ans your question i watch it on my own whenever im at home, alone. When my brother is around i seldom watch anime even tho he reads kinky mangas at times, but thats different lol. We seldom share about anime and mangas probably cause of that reason...
I once waited for my fam to be asleep and marathoned Re Zero the whole night. My worse mistake to this day considering the fact i didnt really like re zero cause of various reasons lol.

^This shall be my signature frm now on ahahaha^

Give me that big phat lolipop
Sep 17, 2017 1:00 AM
Jun 2017
openly
imo you can't live your life with other breathing down your next constantly (or you being worried that that is happening).
Sep 17, 2017 11:36 AM

Jun 2017
Depends on the situation, like if it's my family, ya know parents and siblings I openly watch it, just cautious of the uh ya know, weird scenes they could walk in on.

Anyone else who aren't these people, I don't really speak openly about anime with them or watch it in their presence.Just no anime whenever they are around!
Sep 22, 2017 1:14 PM
Jul 2018
Secretly lol , none of my friends or family watch anime at all , and I think it would be weird to suddenly announce it like it's a big thing , because it's honestly not. That being said , it means it's kind of lonely since you have noone to talk about it with.
Sep 22, 2017 1:19 PM
Nov 2012
I was a closet weeb when I first started watching freshman year of high school. Now I am super open about it and dont mind if people know I watch it lol. Now I try to get my friends to watch it and my family haha
Sep 22, 2017 2:10 PM

Sep 2017
Depends on the people. I openly watch this at home but not in public.
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Sep 22, 2017 2:12 PM

Nov 2014
It's kind of become a meme that i watch anime in my grade but not in a bad way really
Ive also gotten alot of other people to watch it aswell
Sep 22, 2017 2:30 PM
Jan 2017
I'm not one to hide anything, especially not that I'm watching anime (I'm really curious why people hide that?). Usually one of my first questions to someone I recently met is: "do you watch anime" and if the answer is yes then I'm usually super happy ... so no chance to hide it.
don't do drugs, do anime instead
Sep 22, 2017 8:16 PM

May 2017
I'm really open about my anime watching, most of my friends watch or have watched anime, so I don't reaaly have a problem with that, and my mom doesn't really cares, only when I'm watching some wierd ecchi anime then I just pause and minimize the tab when my mom gets into the room
You all know potatoes are the best
Sep 22, 2017 8:20 PM

Jul 2013
People around me know that I'm into anime. But when I'm watching it I prefer not doing it in the open to keep myself safe from accidental moments. I kind of want to be able to watch it with friends (irl or internet), though...
toumei_Sep 22, 2017 9:11 PM
Sep 22, 2017 9:04 PM

Aug 2016
Openly. I'm too hot and too badass to be lumped in with disgusting weabs.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » do you believe that scientific theory are just a theory and scientific consensus are just opinions?

deg - May 3

27 by Freshell »»
9 minutes ago

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

44 by vasipi4946 »»
9 minutes ago

» Have you ever given up on major passions in your life? ( 1 2 )

RobertBobert - May 1

55 by DesuMaiden »»
31 minutes ago

» MLB fans, share information with each other!

-YUMMY- - 1 hour ago

1 by DesuMaiden »»
32 minutes ago

» What is the weather like in your region

ST63LTH - May 1

22 by Serafos »»
45 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.