Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2017 5:25 AM
May 2017
What if L had been the one to pick up the Death Note? What would he do with it? would he use it? he was smart enough to make it useful. how would he use it?
PeachesRoseJul 3, 2017 7:02 AM
Jul 3, 2017 5:32 AM

Sep 2016
he would try, get scared and burn it. I thought he said that.
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Jul 3, 2017 5:34 AM

Feb 2015
He would probably sell it at ebay for trucks of sweets or something.
Jul 7, 2017 7:16 PM
Jul 2018
Well, they say absolute power corrupts, so he'd either have to instantaneously discard it, possibly abandoning it for someone else to pick up… or otherwise be consumed by the power that comes with the responsibility. Now, the scale of the deaths and the outcome maybe hypothetically different, however, I don't doubt for a second, despite Light and L being "foils", that in Light's situation if L had the Note, he'd possibly be wrought with the same morbid curiosity that was his vice's ultimate destruction. Humans are often fractured by their own inability to control themselves, even if they think they can to the best of their ability, they have weakness nevertheless. All I'm sayin' is, maybe they're not so different, when put in the same situation.
Jul 7, 2017 7:59 PM

Apr 2014
Write his name in it and get done with it
Jul 7, 2017 8:06 PM

Oct 2014
I do not think he would use it as he seemed to be against killing, unless his curiosity takes the better of him and he decides to test whether it was real (by killing someone who is moments from dying or something).

So, my guess is that he'd either destroy it or safeguard it somewhere where no one will find and tell Ryuk to piss off.

btw wrong subforum ---> Series discussion
Jul 7, 2017 8:12 PM

Nov 2011
- cue Ending theme -

What I just said.

Jul 7, 2017 8:21 PM

Jan 2011
Watch the live action films. They're actually pretty decent.
Jul 7, 2017 8:25 PM

Apr 2014
He would eat apples (since they're sweet) with Ryuk
Ha. Ha. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA. HA.
I'm laughing because you got hurt.
Jul 7, 2017 8:29 PM

Aug 2016
If L picked up the notebook, he would first test it. Then see that the rules in the Death Note are true. Then he would probably limit himself to criminals on death row and do it on the day that they are scheduled to die. The timing of it will be tested as well, but I doubt L will go to the extent that Light did because Light wanted to change the world into his own image with crime being eliminated.

L will then realize that no one should have a Death Note in their hands so he would either seal within a locked secure object in a secure, locked room because he has money OR he will give the note book to the Shinigami and somehow have them take it back.
Jul 7, 2017 8:36 PM

Aug 2016
He'd just burn it away lmao its L he's a good guy unlike a certain somebody...
Jul 8, 2017 5:15 AM
Nov 2013
L thought the best use of his intelligence was to investigate the mysterious deaths of scumbags..... I'm pretty sure he cares more about the challenge then the problem and would end up in a similar situation as Light. After all Light's intentions were originally far more noble (while still psychotic) then most people's would be.
Jul 8, 2017 5:40 AM
#1 Hitagi Lover

Apr 2014
Probably would burn it to be honest.
Jul 8, 2017 6:20 AM

Nov 2015
L's character throughout the series proves he'll just do everything to keep it out of people, and probably even dispose of it completely. The problem is how he'd make sure it's real.

I love the idea of L eating apples with Ryuk though.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 8, 2017 6:30 AM
Nov 2015
PeachesRose said:
What if L had been the one to pick up the Death Note? What would he do with it? would he use it? he was smart enough to make it useful. how would he use it?

I think L would have tested it but not to the extreme extend as Light did it, when L finally discovers that the Note is real he would either use it to kill the most dangerous criminals but again this is L, he would be bored and think this will be too easy so he would most likely lock it up, having such a weapon in the right hands can save many people but in the wrong would be pretty dangerous, if the powers is to great he would either return it to Ryuk or just burn it to be safe that it would never return again to the world.

L is older than Light and more mature, so I would bet that he would have chosen the best logical decision on what to do with it than a certain self-proclaimed God! :)
Jul 8, 2017 6:41 AM
Nov 2015
AX3M said:
L's character throughout the series proves he'll just do everything to keep it out of people, and probably even dispose of it completely. The problem is how he'd make sure it's real.

I love the idea of L eating apples with Ryuk though.

He would test it on a criminal that is scheduled to die anyway, he would know about the information but he would not tell anyone about trying it out since he is himself skeptical, when the DN power is proven and he has to try again if he really believe it's true (since it could be a coincidence but considering L's way of thinking, he would probably accept it like he had to accept that someone can kill someone else without being present) :)
Jul 8, 2017 6:44 AM

Sep 2014
L is not Naiive like Raito to think he could change the world killing some people without being caught....

He would probably think its a useless power for him...
Smoke Weed Everyday
Jul 8, 2017 11:01 AM

Mar 2011
Thread has been moved to correct series board
Jul 8, 2017 7:48 PM

Nov 2015
UltimateXXX said:
He would test it on a criminal that is scheduled to die anyway, he would know about the information but he would not tell anyone about trying it out since he is himself skeptical, when the DN power is proven and he has to try again if he really believe it's true (since it could be a coincidence but considering L's way of thinking, he would probably accept it like he had to accept that someone can kill someone else without being present) :)
Yes... he'd probably accept it as true in the first try since we know how L's intuition works...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2017 6:49 AM

Jul 2017
He wouldn't use it..
Sep 4, 2017 2:23 PM
Jun 2016
TEST IT...DECLARE IT WORLD BADDEST WEAPON AND THEN lock it up where no one can find it or probably burn it so Ryuk couldn't have to give it to someone else
Dec 6, 2017 7:46 AM

Jan 2017
He would have done the very same thing, killing people; Considering Light and L are fairly close in character.
And still, Bill will live on.
He will befriend the next inhabitants of the earth, beings of light who revere him as a god.
And Bill will outlive them all... for millions and millions of years...exploring, learning, living,
until the earth is swallowed beneath his feet.
Until the sun is long since gone.
Until time loses all meaning and the moment comes that he knows only the positions of the stars
and sees them whether his eyes are closed or open.
Until he forgets his name and the place where he'd once come from.
He lives and he lives until all of the lights go out.
Aug 27, 2020 3:35 AM
Jul 2018
I think he wouldn't take it seriously, but maybe he would try it on extreme situations like someone taking people hostages, but he wouldn't be as psychopath as Light.
Aug 27, 2020 3:38 AM

Apr 2015
that would have been intresing maybe L would have truned out like light and light would have helped his dad to catch L.

Aug 27, 2020 3:41 AM
May 2019
hmmm i think L would probably test it out a bit since he's really curious but when he thinks he's done he's probably gonna dispose of it because of his sense of justice.
Aug 27, 2020 3:45 AM

Sep 2018
Then, Light Yagami would be the Antagonist XD
Aug 27, 2020 3:46 AM

Mar 2020
Honestly I don't even think he'd test it due to some reasoning thats not worth the risk. He'd probably just destroy it.
Aug 27, 2020 3:59 AM

Apr 2019
His attention would likely be more focused towards the Shinigami than trying to do what Light did.
Aug 27, 2020 4:09 AM

Aug 2018
I feel like he would first research it thoroughly and then keep it somewhere safe. Maybe hide it? Maybe burn it? (because he is also very scared? of death gods in general. So it would make sense that he would burn something that belongs to a literal death god)
He doesn't seem to be someone who would use it as Light did. He'd be cautious and cool with it.

Why do you hate cats?

Aug 27, 2020 4:12 AM

Feb 2019
Pretty sure he would be messing with Ryuk just out of curiosity.
Aug 27, 2020 4:27 AM
Demon Venerable

Apr 2018
Death Note would be #1 anime with no questions. Those last 12 episodes is the reason I couldn't give it 10.
Though it still would be disappointing for some people, because there was no clear ending. Light is victorious, but what's after? What happened to the earth, to the people? Sequel potential would be enormous.
Also imagine what would happen if only the authors divided it into 2 parts.. 1st season would be undisputed #1. while 2nd would be something like Psycho Pass 2nd season.

Mod edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
MrZawaAug 27, 2020 4:30 AM
Aug 27, 2020 4:27 AM

Jul 2017
maybe keep it and never use it but save it for emergency situations?
Aug 27, 2020 4:28 AM

Apr 2017
Posts #24 and up merged from a duplicate thread.

Art by ギャット GFX by aryandil
Mar 10, 2021 6:49 PM

Aug 2019
L didn't have a god complex like Light did, so at the very least I don't think he would've turned out like Light. L was the kind of person who fought for justice although mostly for his own reasons because he always thought he knew what was best. But I don't think he would rid the world of crime using the Death Note because he preferred to win cases by using solid evidence without taking shortcuts.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

395 by yalinarul »»
Yesterday, 12:41 PM

» Why didn't Light just write in the notebook 'Touta Matsuda dies after killing L at a specific day x and time y' Or something like that

CaptainKing_2009 - Jul 4, 2023

6 by InqMusic »»
May 11, 3:30 AM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

29 by YahiyaX777L »»
May 9, 12:33 PM

» Imagine a world without Death Note

ZeroMajor12 - May 6

0 by ZeroMajor12 »»
May 6, 3:20 AM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

128 by puffle9000 »»
May 3, 1:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.