Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jun 23, 2017 2:07 AM

Jan 2015
I don't think it'd make sense that they broke up in the next episode. Why would they brake up? Even if Kotarou doesn't make it to the same high school, they should still try long distance relationship. Getting the development for them to suddenly brake up in one episode doesn't seem likely. I just hope it's not rushed.
Jun 23, 2017 2:44 AM

Aug 2013
Everything depends on last episode now. But probably my AOTS.

Zemroid said:
they should still try long distance relationship.

You probably never tried long distance relationship, right? It's literally painful and almost never actually works.
I really hope that he will pass his exam. I can't imagine bad end in this anime.

Jakerams said:
I swear I need a continuation series for when they are in high school.

This is the problem with original anime. After manga adaptation, you can always continue the manga (like Suzuka or Kimi no iru Machi), but here?
Almost 0 Chance for 2nd season.
rsc-plJun 23, 2017 2:48 AM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 23, 2017 2:57 AM
Jun 2017
Hey did u read mstx or whatever four letter word it is the guy posted . If that shit happens i m gonna be depressed. What I get the feeling is it is a show with character design similar to true tears and 5 centi per sec. So to tell u the truth, I don't know what goes in an author's mind but they r screwed up person who will show us a bittersweet ending. So I hope for lamenting after watching ep 12. N this was the most realistic romance and a slice of life anime. This how real world works and I loved it, you can easily relate to it and it feels too damn real. I am not hyping to get a timeskip, just get together in highschool that would be more than enough.
Jun 23, 2017 3:06 AM

Jan 2015
rsc-pl said:
Everything depends on last episode now. But probably my AOTS.

Zemroid said:
they should still try long distance relationship.

You probably never tried long distance relationship, right? It's literally painful and almost never actually works.
I really hope that he will pass his exam. I can't imagine bad end in this anime.
Yeah for sure but it doesn't make sense to just brake up before they even try, especially in this show.
Jun 23, 2017 3:31 AM

Mar 2013
Great episode there. It almost made me cry.

I'm super anxious to see how finale will turn out. Stuff have been so good up until now that I can't help but worry since it's all the more reason to deliver a bittersweet ending.
And if Koutarou doesn't passes the exam after finally getting support from his parents, no doubt the relationship isn't going to work out after all that foreshadowing done this episode. I'll be heartbroken if it delivers a sad ending.
Jun 23, 2017 3:38 AM

Oct 2015
Zemroid said:
I don't think it'd make sense that they broke up in the next episode. Why would they brake up? Even if Kotarou doesn't make it to the same high school, they should still try long distance relationship. Getting the development for them to suddenly brake up in one episode doesn't seem likely. I just hope it's not rushed.

I totally agree with you. Breaking they up will makes all those progression during the whole series a total waste. Besides if they break up, people will be furious and makes some people won't watch any series from studio Feel anymore. They even wish to be together forever. I be super furious if this series doesn't give us a happy ending
Jun 23, 2017 4:33 AM

Apr 2017
i'm so happy for kotarou omg ;.;;.;;;.; mess istg if he wouldn't pass that means war. another kisseu <3 last episode next week :(
keima25 said:
5 centimeter per second here we go.
i don't think it would turn out like that with all these developments but who knows and if it does that means a score lower that 4

still life: pink roses
Jun 23, 2017 5:34 AM
Jan 2017
This was a heartwarming episode, he better freakin pass his test or i'm gonna break something
Jun 23, 2017 6:58 AM

May 2015
Finale episode next, now just hoping that Kotarou will pass as well and they'll live happily ever after.

Touching episode ;__;....

Jun 23, 2017 7:02 AM

Jul 2016
Fuck me this is too good. Just one more episode until I can be sure to say this is the best romance anime I've ever seen like ever.

Zeldriss said:

Someone can tell me the soundtrack at final scene? sound familiar or rather nostalgic but I cannot guess the song.

Mirai e by Kiroro, but this one's sounds like Touyama Nao's voice to me.
Jun 23, 2017 7:59 AM

Oct 2012
Best episode yet. The family theme got me every time.
Jun 23, 2017 8:01 AM
Jun 2017
Zemroid said:

Exactly. With so much development of interactions and emotions that Akane and Kotarou has shown , breaking them up at the last minute is just a total turn off. Though the possibility of a long distance relationships is available , but then going for that direction doesnt seem like a good choice for studio Feel to choose. Sad ending just doesnt fit right with how the stories goes and well , lets just hope we get a good ending and I will miss this series a whole lot .
Jun 23, 2017 8:07 AM
Feb 2013
Samasama said:
Zemroid said:

Exactly. With so much development of interactions and emotions that Akane and Kotarou has shown , breaking them up at the last minute is just a total turn off. Though the possibility of a long distance relationships is available , but then going for that direction doesnt seem like a good choice for studio Feel to choose. Sad ending just doesnt fit right with how the stories goes and well , lets just hope we get a good ending and I will miss this series a whole lot .

Not to mention they also have social media like LINE or Twitta and many more, they should be fine with the long distance relationship, with two hour trip they can meet in holiday too.
Jun 23, 2017 8:10 AM

Dec 2011
This really takes me back...
The struggle to get accepted into a school that you want to go to... arguing with the parents... and finally seeing that your parents give their unconditional support at the end...

I really hope this won't end on a bad note. Would really kill the whole story for me.

Seeing that they do still have some issues to be resolved (such as Koutaro's aspiration to become a writer), perhaps there'd be another season for this? Not really holding my breath here, but it'd be good if they have a continuation for this.
Jun 23, 2017 9:32 AM
Jan 2015
Realistically, Kotarou going to the same high school that takes two hours to get to (and two hours to return home) every day just to be with his girlfriend would probably end up very disappointing on the being together end.

To begin with, they probably wouldn't have much, if any, time to meet in the morning after Kotaru's long commute. They will more than likely not be in the same homeroom. They probably won't have any of the same classes. They might not even have lunch at the same time so they might not even be able to share lunch together. So how much time would they get to spend together during the schoolday? Probably none.

And after school, well, Akane will have club so they won't be able to spend any leisurely time after school, either. If Kotarou hangs around for her, he could spend a few minutes with her before they each head home for the night.

Travel time every day: four hours. Time spent with girlfriend every day: a few minutes, or more likely, none.
Jun 23, 2017 9:35 AM

Mar 2014
Well, i've the bad feeling that he will not pass in first try. His exams notes showed us he struggles. Notes are not that bad, but neither good to be 100% sure he will pass.

For ep12 as example:
first part of ep. 12 he will fail.
some drama appears.
in the end of ep. 12 he gets 2nd chance and pass then. The end of show both go to private highschool together.

And hopefully the preview text ep. 12 is just big joke (on page 1).
Jun 23, 2017 10:32 AM

Jan 2014
Watched this last night then went to bed so I didn't get to be apart of the discussion yesterday.

Anyways, I enjoyed this episode. The Christmas gift giving scene was adorable! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Kota to pass that fucking entrance exam... I really hope there isn't some bullshit melodrama that gets randomly thrown at us next episode.... just a week to wait....

Also, it's worth mentioning. Why do you think the two don't tell their parents about their relationship? Like, I'm sure Kota's parents would understand him applying to an out of city school if he just said his girlfriend for, what seems to be almost the past year, is going there. He would've just eliminated the nagging from his mother, but oh well, gotta fill up that 22 minute run time somehow!!!!
Jun 23, 2017 11:29 AM

Sep 2015
beautiful ending. The support of his family was sweet
Jun 23, 2017 11:51 AM
Mar 2016
Seeing this episode, so many flags we're raised that I was trying to push to the back of my mind. Didn't like Azumi's mock exams scores one bit despite his constant studying, the sister's flag raising and overall how well the anime have been bringing this couple up the past 11 episodes. Just feels to me like they'd want to do a tragic story just to hit that Shinkai or 5cm/s feel.

I really hope that this anime doesn't end tragically, I've become so emotionally invested in these characters that it'll literally hurt me if the ending ends up sad as shit.
Jun 23, 2017 2:19 PM

Sep 2008
I want Koutaro to pass the exam so much!
I want second in high school!
Maybe his parents will move when he pass exam?
If not second season, then I want see time skip were they are married with kids *.*
Jun 23, 2017 2:29 PM

Nov 2016
Like many people here, I also want a second season about their high school life.

Maybe they'll break up like Akane's sister said. Then probably one of them or both of them will meet someone else and start dating. And the whole point of the season would be "are they going to get back together at the end???" And of course they will because up until now they have overcome every crisis.
Jun 23, 2017 3:33 PM

Aug 2016
Smudy said:
Fuck, that made me cry.

Appreciate your parents, everyone. Especially your mom's, they might be naggy, but they care for your well-being. Ah fuck, that hit so close to home.

I might give this show a 10/10 if the ending also hits.

ufufufu said:
if this motherfucker doesn't pass this test i swear to fucking god

If that happens and they let go of each other, imma be depressed for a week or so, i swear to god.

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.

I know right!!! I cried from when his Dad told him that his mom fought for his decision to apply to a private school, to the end lol.

There's a point in every kid's life when it's uncool to love your parents, but we would be dead without them.

I recently moved out, and this episode just made me miss my family even more!! Thanks anime XD
Jun 23, 2017 3:53 PM

Sep 2013
it was upsetting to watch how he treated his mom but i'm glad he seemed to appreciate her efforts later in the episode

Jun 23, 2017 4:54 PM
Aug 2015
Great ep again. I guess no one noticed that the theme song of the last scene was 100% from an old chinese pop song called 'Afterwards' very popular 10 years ago ...... yeah i have good ears xD
Jun 23, 2017 5:42 PM

Apr 2016
^^
Rene Liu's "Hou Lai" (Afterwards) is a much newer Chinese remake of Kiroro's "Mirai e" (to the Future) - released in 1996, which is likely what Touyama Nao's version is based on.

I have a feeling Kiroro's version was probably a remake of yet another older song since it has a much older feel to it (maybe even from the 70's or 80's), but I can't find any reference to it.

This series just continues to hit it out of the park with the insert songs. Just beautiful..
Jun 23, 2017 8:28 PM

Jan 2014
I'm nervous that something tragic is going to happen... He better not die on the way to the exam.

Jan 2014
I'm nervous that something tragic is going to happen... He better not die on the way to the exam.

Jan 2014
Jun 23, 2017 9:09 PM

Nov 2015
I don't know if I can handle it if this show ends with a bitter sweet ending....this show needs to finish on a high.

Still wish we'd get an OVA after it or something since this probably won't get a second season sadly.
Jun 24, 2017 12:31 AM
Mar 2016
Unfortunately, original anime like these rarely ever get a second season. It's all about popularity and sales and from what I've heard from different people Tsuki ga Kirei is just sub decently popular in Japan. Don't think studio feel will make a OVAs or second seasons of animes they know wont sell that well.

Of course, I could be wrong, in fact, I'd love to be proven wrong. I feel like multiple OVAs would fit better rather than a full season though.
Jun 24, 2017 12:50 AM

Oct 2016
taffers said:

Also, it's worth mentioning. Why do you think the two don't tell their parents about their relationship? Like, I'm sure Kota's parents would understand him applying to an out of city school if he just said his girlfriend for, what seems to be almost the past year, is going there. He would've just eliminated the nagging from his mother, but oh well, gotta fill up that 22 minute run time somehow!!!!

I can tell their parents more or less understand their situation. Didn't Akane's sister tease her about her relationship in front of her parents in a previous episode? Even so, from their perspectives it's probably not worth going that far for love, especially when it's at such a fickle age. Akane's sister does have a very valid point, and her concerns regarding a fallout may well happen if our main couple doesn't have plot armour.
Jun 24, 2017 3:16 AM

Jul 2010
5/5
Cried so hard in this episode, prolly because it reminded me of my mom. :(
“Are there some unseen roles that we have unknowingly set ourselves into, dictating the rules of engagement whenever we see each other, inevitably leading to us hurting each other?”
Jun 24, 2017 6:44 AM
Jun 2017
Them breaking up is not possible but not impossible either , but it will be the most twisted plot this story had ever given in my opinion though. Akane knows how hurt it felt not being able to talk to Kotarou , thanks for the development she gets in the previous episode . So the possibility of them breaking up diminishes because of that development they shows. I dont think in just 1 episode and 1 hurdle will break them up , unless they rushed it which is unlikely but also possible . Hopefully this will not turn like Kuzu No Honkai or 5cm , since this anime can possibly be one of the top if not the best romance anime ever created and all of that depends on how it ends . Like always , ending is always the crucial part of any stories . Finger crossed and hopes for the best
Jun 24, 2017 6:46 AM
Feb 2017
The test and Dazai are the final bosses.

Suicide is coming... I expect at least a loving suicide between the two.

Dazai...

Jun 24, 2017 8:01 AM
Dec 2012
Well I hope he passes the exam.
Jun 24, 2017 12:24 PM

Mar 2016
I'm over this anime already this dry slice of life romance is such a bore. I know it's an anime that is pretty well accepted in the community but I can't for the life of me figure out why? I guess you can relate to the feeling of the characters going through their first love but I don't remember being so silent and shy and awkward. The story has been just so mundane and mediocre and even though I don't think there is a single bad thing about this anime (except maybe the background CG people that we haven't seen in a few episodes) I still can't find much good with this anime. This episode was meh alright as they start the process of wrapping up the story line and finishing the series so I hope the finale has a nice heartwarming feel that will leave a better taste in my mouth as I move on to bigger and better things. I don't want to trash this anime...I want it to be good but that is up for the final episode to convince me...we shall see
I shall rule over the realms of anime and manga! Mwahhahahahaha!!!
Jun 24, 2017 1:20 PM

Jun 2012
I don't usually relate to anime characters. Kota's parents reminded me of my own.
Jun 24, 2017 2:02 PM

Jun 2017
I'm really digging Tsuki ga Kirei. This show is probably my favorite show of the season. After the release of the 12th episode I can probably see myself getting bummed and depressed because of the fact that I won't be having anymore of the marvelous masterpiece. Does anyone know if there's a LN or manga of this, and where I can find it?

Thank you.
Jun 24, 2017 2:21 PM
May 2017
DarkSharingan21 said:
I'm really digging Tsuki ga Kirei. This show is probably my favorite show of the season. After the release of the 12th episode I can probably see myself getting bummed and depressed because of the fact that I won't be having anymore of the marvelous masterpiece. Does anyone know if there's a LN or manga of this, and where I can find it?

Thank you.

I think that Tsuki ga Kirei is an original work by Feel Studios and there isn't any manga or LN
Jun 24, 2017 2:52 PM

Jan 2014
Lol seeing him rebel against his parents makes me feel awkward considering we've all probably done that at least once.

With that said, I'm pretty sure he will fail. I don't really think they are meant for each other, if I'm being honest. It was just puppy love, and it's not like they have meaningful conversation other than "Let's do it!"

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jun 24, 2017 3:05 PM

Nov 2016
I liked how Kotarou's mother defended him in school , hes working so hard and he doesn't want to let his parents down and even more he wants to stay with Akane and that's what motivates him .. and i like how he's more used to going out than before , both of them ... and i feel really bad for Chinatusu i like her character but she doesn't fit with Kotarou , Anyways next thursday last episode curious to see the outcome of Kotarou's studying and Akane's reaction .
Jun 24, 2017 3:49 PM

Sep 2015
Akane's sister basically confirmed my worries about their relationship ending in hs. But dam lol when Azumi got happy when Akane passed her exam, I thought it looked like he was cringe-ing
Jun 25, 2017 4:45 AM

Feb 2014
Boy, I have so much riding on the next episode, I'm so emotionally invested in these two! Fingers crossed Azumki-kun makes it into Koumei High, if not I hope it shows them together in the future.
From the LINE messages at the end of ED over all the episodes it seems they stay together.
Ahhh Azumi-kun! You better kick that tests butt!!
Jun 25, 2017 6:57 AM
May 2012
hm...so, should I expect the worst now? xD
Jun 25, 2017 1:55 PM

Jul 2010
Best episode so far! Loved the family dynamics and Kotarou sticking to his ideals. Hit really close to home as I just took my MCAT last Friday.
Jun 25, 2017 7:29 PM

Feb 2009
NEVER follow a high school crush like this!! If they broke up, he'd be stuck heading to Chiba everyday forever ughh, teen love makes you do stupid things lol

Jun 25, 2017 9:43 PM

Apr 2015
DarcyD said:
NEVER follow a high school crush like this!! If they broke up, he'd be stuck heading to Chiba everyday forever ughh, teen love makes you do stupid things lol

well, love makes you blind after all...
Jun 26, 2017 4:33 AM
Jan 2015
DarcyD said:

Kotarou does not have a crush on Akane, nor she on him. They are far beyond the crush stage of a middle school relationship, and are sincerely in love with each other, which was pretty clearly shown during the bridge scene of episode 10.

However, as I detailed in my previous post, I don't think, in this instance, that it's such a great idea for Kotarou to go to the same school as Akane (only because of the daily travel time). Although the chances of a long-distance relationship between high schoolers lasting into adulthood is pretty slim, it can work if both parties are 100% committed to each other and the relationship. We'll just have to wait and see...

Jun 26, 2017 1:45 PM

Jun 2015
Seeing all the flags with his mock exam, i doubt he'll pass. Honestly I don't think it is a bad idea that he tried to get in. It's not like it is a horrible school. On the contrary, the high school seems somewhat prestigious aka you don't get in just because you want to. He's making an effort to better himself by actually studying. Before all this, he never had the motivation to take his education seriously.

"You say you’ve failed even before you try. That’s laziness."

great quote and kinda sums up Kotarou's academic life
AquaJun 26, 2017 1:51 PM
Jun 27, 2017 2:11 AM
Jul 2015
I do really think that this series needs more climax. So I'm in the 'fail test' ship.
anzunaJun 27, 2017 2:26 AM
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2017

623 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Apr 21, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

228 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Mar 11, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

199 by DanielHu3 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

248 by _GLADIATOR »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:27 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

175 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.