Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jul 30, 2020 10:59 AM

Jun 2020
what is up with the teacher why would she reveal that to another student's parent? talk about breach of confidentiality & she's a teacher she should know better, how dense & complete lack of foresight on her part, she made things difficult for kotarou & i know it's a plot device for this episode & they would have found out either way but that was still so frustrating to watch! at least where i'm from, teachers would never do that sort of thing as it was a complete lack of conduct & very unprofessional

kotarou was being unbearable & rude he barely communicated with his parents & expects them to accept everything he, barely a teenager, decides. he probably isn't as mature as he thinks he is. also his dad has always been patient with him yet he hardly shows any realisation of that lol. that scene at the end with his mum was really sweet, loved that. his parents just cared & wanted the best for their child, they were being real patient & understanding of kotarou, he should be grateful for such parents

i love akane's relationship with her sister, it reminds me a lot of my own sister & i & when we used to share a room when we were younger, it has been cute watching their scenes & interactions

but i’ll probably remember over and over again
you were there and everyone else was there
— the day we all searched for just one thing

Sep 10, 2020 10:40 PM

Oct 2016
Great episode, true your mother might be naggy but, she supports you all the same. Kotarou being the person that he is, it would make sense that he would be afraid to tell his parent's something big a decision like that, I would be the same. As he was eating those onigiri's, he must have realized how great it is to be supported that is why he's so happy which is wonderful. Ugh, I really hope he passes. Good luck Kotarou.
Sep 29, 2020 3:32 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
This show too damn wholesome for my own fookin good

Nothing but praise for this anime, but if I could insert a realist nitpick here. While working hard and travelling far to go to the same school to be together with your love may be hella romantic and sweet, that is kind of a huge risk and not that realistic. Don’t @ me on the realistic part because this is an anime quite grounded in reality fam. Yes it’s for the show and for the romance, but what if they DO break up? That poor fellow is going to be destroyed not only by the breakup itself but by being left with a school he worked so hard for the sole purpose of being with his love.

OH, but they’re never going to break up. Ah, I see the point now. It is true love apparently. Which I wholeheartedly believe and am not saying this sarcastically, they’re relationship has been so overwhelmingly wholesome to this point I can’t imagine them any other way, it’s destined for them to be together

Sorry it’s 3:30am and I’m just letting my half dazed thoughts fly

NYANPASU
5700XT

Dec 8, 2020 8:51 PM

Jul 2017
Beautiful stuff. Kotarou may not be the smartest person out there but he sure is giving it his all. His parents were worried, especially his mom that Kotarou was too shallow that he was aiming for a school way far away from home just because of a girl, but when her mother noticed how hard he worked and even changed to a degree for the sake of his own happiness by being with her, they acknowledged it and supported him to give it his all (with the backup plan being he stays in their area and attends a public school there if he doesn't get into Koumei with Akane).

The Christmas date was sweet as well, especially the gift exchange. Akane put quite some love and effort into making that scarf, and they really ooze great synergy together as a couple. Both are working really hard to get into Koumei together, especially Koumei since his journey to get there will be a lot more difficult given his general admission and mediocre grades before hand. Akane's sister also reminded Akane that there is a chance that he might not make it and if he does, if they break up, that'd be hell since he is travelling far away from his family and sacrificing just to be close to her. Akane's quite confident though that their relationship will be strong no matter what.

One more episode for this rewatch. Man oh man, this show is just special. Can't wait to finish this off and just revel in everything again.
Apr 7, 2021 8:57 AM

Feb 2019
That was another great episode. The entire sequence of Kotarou and his parents was so heartwarming at its end. I hope to God Kotarou passes. I'm so afraid for the ending...
Jul 22, 2021 7:14 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I really hope that it will succeed, it would be great if they both go to the same school
Jul 25, 2021 5:08 AM

May 2018
I agree, akane and Koutarou should get married!
Feb 8, 2022 8:05 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
Really like how often the show likes to use lyric songs to convey the conclusions of most episodes, very fitting and gave the episode a pleasent feeling.
One more to finish.

jerrrge said:
Akane's sister is right, once they go to the same school, theyre gunna be stuck there, kami forbid they break up.

It is definitly the kind of sitation where if their relationships works, it will be seen as a lovely tale, inspiring, yet if he fails, like a big mistake... I root for the first.

Shikkakku said:
That was another great episode. The entire sequence of Kotarou and his parents was so heartwarming at its end. I hope to God Kotarou passes. I'm so afraid for the ending...

That is is also why it is so much better to watch after the airing, imagine having to had watched this weekly, nah.
Nov 13, 2022 7:55 PM

Oct 2022
Azumi parents MVP. It's nice to see how their relationship developed and they aren't shy of each other anymore. Well done romance.
Jul 6, 2023 7:29 AM
Jun 2023
perfect ending! nothing more to say.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 29, 2017

623 by Cosplay_Joe »»
Apr 21, 7:18 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 20, 2017

228 by RKASHYAP621 »»
Mar 11, 11:58 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - May 4, 2017

199 by DanielHu3 »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:50 PM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2017

248 by _GLADIATOR »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:27 AM

Poll: » Tsuki ga Kirei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Jun 1, 2017

175 by AoiroBlueColor »»
Aug 14, 2023 10:54 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.