Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Feb 27, 2010 5:45 PM

Aug 2009
Hideyoshilover said:
I don't watch cartoons

AirStyles said:
I don't really watch cartoon anymore. Though I'll still watch them once in a blue moon.

Tom and Jerry is great. I recently watch one of the episode. I never laugh so hard. The show is not as funny when I was young. I told my friends about how much I laugh to Tom and Jerry the other day, he thinks I'm an idiot.

But really, I think the show is funnier when you're older.

Yes you do watch cartoons, anime are cartoons.Anime is merely a name designating that the cartoons come form Japan originally intended for a Japanese audience. Saying you do not watch cartoons when you watch anime is like saying you do not drink beer when you are drinking a Corna or Budweiser Budvar
ezikialrageFeb 27, 2010 5:58 PM
Feb 27, 2010 7:18 PM

Dec 2007
Two of my favorite scenes from cartoons I watched first as a kid and still watch now.

#NBHNC
Feb 27, 2010 7:43 PM

Feb 2010
ezikialrage said:
Hideyoshilover said:
I don't watch cartoons

AirStyles said:
I don't really watch cartoon anymore. Though I'll still watch them once in a blue moon.

Tom and Jerry is great. I recently watch one of the episode. I never laugh so hard. The show is not as funny when I was young. I told my friends about how much I laugh to Tom and Jerry the other day, he thinks I'm an idiot.

Yes you do watch cartoons, anime are cartoons.Anime is merely a name designating that the cartoons come form Japan originally intended for a Japanese audience. Saying you do not watch cartoons when you watch anime is like saying you do not drink beer when you are drinking a Corna or Budweiser Budvar

Hideyoshilover said:
I don't watch cartoons
Feb 27, 2010 8:05 PM

Aug 2007
LoneTrooper said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
LoneTrooper said:
Drunk_Samurai said:
ukonkivi said:
Powerpuff Girls was anime in America before American Anime was popular.

I'm gonna be girly again and say Rainbow Brite was great stuff.
Also, Freakazoid and Animaniacs were two of the best things to ever come out of Warner Brothers. I mean those shows were actually witty and had interesting cultural references in their humor.

I think a lot of people missed the epic that was The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest. That stuff was /x/ in high degree.

What? Who called Powerpuff Girls an anime?

Well, it was aimed at girls, being the powerpuff girls, but it wasn't restricted to girls. It wasn't like my little pony, or care bears. I watched those as well. The episode with the rowdy ruff boys showed the difference between what boys traditionally like and girls, if you know the ep you might recall how the girls beat the boys? Yes it's super sexist, but so what it was fun.

It was an empowerment cartoon to show that girls can be hero's too, but still be girls and not some tom boy hybrid.

That wasn't what I asked. I asked who called it an anime.

I would call it a toon. It does have anime features. like most American animations these days, it's based on anime style, but more stylised to suit the audience. I think it was based on parapa the rapper style, if you remember that game? A styling in japan that was quite popular for a while.

The point I was making it is that I never heard anybody call it an anime before. Especially since it has to be from Japan to be anime.
Feb 27, 2010 8:08 PM

Feb 2010
Hideyoshilover said:
I don't watch cartoons
leave it to hideyo... quit trollin on a decent thread.
Feb 27, 2010 8:08 PM

Aug 2007
I wonder if anybody remembers Wing Commander Academy.
Feb 27, 2010 8:41 PM

Feb 2008
I used to love Pinky and the Brain so much. Dexter's Lab too. And Hey Arnold. Especially Hey Arnold actually. I identified so much with that show and loved all the characters ;__;

+ the original Scooby Doo, Charlie Brown, Powerpuff Girls...
Feb 27, 2010 8:53 PM

Feb 2010
Hideyoshilover said:
I don't watch cartoons
Feb 27, 2010 9:13 PM

Dec 2009
Jackie Chan Adventures was da SHIZNIT!
Shaolin Showdown was awesome
The Batman was pretty awesome too
Feb 27, 2010 9:17 PM

Nov 2007
I never had cable, so my choices were very few. Basically, I watched whatever was on the U or Foxkids/foxbox.

When I was a kid, I watched...

Gargoyles
X-Men
Spiderman
Godzilla
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
The Jetsons
Batman
Superman
Animaniacs
Feb 27, 2010 9:27 PM

Feb 2010
ezikialrage said:
Hideyoshilover said:
I don't watch cartoons

AirStyles said:

well maybe she's just separating anime from cartoons like I does or most other Otaku does! true that they are both animation its just that, it sounds to childish or somewhat an understatement if you call your self a Cartoon fanatic than an ANIME fanatic.

well anyways:

before I get addicted to Anime, I really like Disney cartoons
becaue they are mostly have animals in there and I like Animals as main characters!
I really like:
Lion King
Jungle Book
Snow White
Little Mermaid and etc.
Feb 28, 2010 12:00 AM

Feb 2010
disneys great= the're the only ones showing naruto shippuden. but as far as disney movies there freakin classic! great with animal chaars=the first Land before Time was the best= Little foot/duckie/petree/sarah/spike "yepyepyep"
Feb 28, 2010 12:05 AM

Mar 2009
feder that is a great list!

i didnt have cable either so i was bouncing back and forth between fox and wb. was there another? i dunno.

cmon everyone sing it with me:
"After these messeges...."

cmon now...finish the jingle lol!
Feb 28, 2010 2:14 AM

Oct 2008
I rarely watch tv nowadays, but when I do, the cartoons I watch are Spongebob. Ha, and Family Guy if it's late..
Feb 28, 2010 4:42 AM

Oct 2007
Sometimes i still watch Family Guy.

Of the old cartoons i stilll like:
Dexter
Courage the Cowardly Dog
~~
Scooby doo annoys me.
Feb 28, 2010 4:52 AM
Nov 2008
The Simpsons.
I still watch the older seasons (1-10) occasionally. Cant even finish an ep of the new ones, lost it's sharpness ages ago. :/

Feb 28, 2010 7:09 AM

Aug 2009
idolsensei07 said:

well maybe she's just separating anime from cartoons like I does or most other Otaku does! true that they are both animation its just that, it sounds to childish or somewhat an understatement if you call your self a Cartoon fanatic than an ANIME fanatic.

People who try to separate anime from cartoons are just in denial over the fact they watch cartoons. Perhaps they are ashamed of the fact they watch cartoons so they try to distinguish anime from cartoon.Maybe they are some stupid weaboo who has some superiority complex over the shit he watches, or perhaps they gets picked on for watching cartoons so they try to distinguish anime from cartoons. I would not call Family Guy,Simpsons, Metalocolypse, Heavy Metal, American Pop,BoonDocks,Coonskin, Cool World, Bebe's Kids, The Haunted World of El Superbeasto(made by Rob ZOmbie), Renaissance or various other cartoon films childish just because they were made in Canada,US or France or its animation work outsourced to Korea. Whether or not its target audience is adults,teens or children, made in Japan,Candada,US or some other country or the animation work is outsourced and made for those countries it is still a cartoon and the fact is a lot of anime is targeted towards kids and teenagers, so the idea that not calling it a cartoon makes it less childish is absurd.

well anyways:

before I get addicted to Anime, I really like Disney cartoons
becaue they are mostly have animals in there and I like Animals as main characters!
I really like:
Lion King
Jungle Book
Snow White
Little Mermaid and etc.

My favorite cartoon films growing up were

The Last Unicorn
The Hobbit
The Secret of Nimh
Feb 28, 2010 9:34 AM

Apr 2008
I loved Batman: The Animated Series and Inspector Gadget as a kid and I love them even now (and no, I'm not wearing nostalgia goggles as I type this).
Feb 28, 2010 10:13 AM
Jul 2018
Powerpuff Girls~! (I was sooo obsessed with that when I was littler!! I was Bubbles for Halloween, had a PPG birthday party, had PPG toys, a PPG tent, etc~ XDD)
Spongebob Squarepants. I think I've seen every episode except the new ones ;P
The Little Mermaid
and Snow White~! ^o^
Feb 28, 2010 11:09 AM

Aug 2009
And like someone said before, OMFG! Johnny Quest! How can I forget!?

I loved the opening song to death! Remains my best OP:

Feb 28, 2010 12:10 PM

Jun 2009
Gawers said:
Sometimes i still watch Family Guy.

Of the old cartoons i stilll like:
Dexter
Courage the Cowardly Dog
~~
Scooby doo annoys me.

Dude Courage. John Dilworth actually has quite a few non-Courage animations I love. Check em out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Feb 28, 2010 12:53 PM

Aug 2009
There are a lot of them actually. Lately I've been infatuated with those made by Marvel Animation (and like). It includes cartoon movies like Hulk Vs., Green Lateran: First Flight, Justice League: Two Earths and the new series Wolverine and the X-Men. These are MAN cartoons xD
If you want more subtle ones, Johnny Bravo and Dexter's Lab. If you want crudeness and frank cartoons, then South Park and Family Guy are at the top.
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny
- Lao-Tze.

Feb 28, 2010 2:15 PM
Feb 2010
I watching spongebob Squarepants is one of the best cartoons
Mar 1, 2010 1:25 AM

Mar 2009
its funny that ive been talking about old cartoons here because look at what i found today

modo action figure! hellz yeahz!
Mar 1, 2010 12:15 PM
Oct 2009
I forgot to say Static Shock my fav animated super hero.
Mar 1, 2010 1:11 PM

Aug 2007
ff_rubberducky said:
its funny that ive been talking about old cartoons here because look at what i found today

That is fucking awesome. I loved that cartoon.
Mar 1, 2010 1:31 PM

Dec 2008
ff_rubberducky said:

LMAO Biker Mice From Mars were nothing but a TMNT rip off.
Mar 1, 2010 1:34 PM

Aug 2009
IT'S RIPPING TIME!

Cartoons I was watching as a kid weren't really kid oriented.
-Fixing-
Mar 1, 2010 2:31 PM

Aug 2007
Cowabunga said:
ff_rubberducky said:

LMAO Biker Mice From Mars were nothing but a TMNT rip off.

Doesn't change the fact that it was good.
Mar 1, 2010 2:57 PM

Apr 2007
One of my favorite cartoons from when i was little were these

And the others:

Biker Mice from mars
Captain N
Inspector Gadget
Spiderman

Was to lazy to search youtube clips those :P
Mar 1, 2010 3:18 PM

Feb 2010
ff_rubberducky said:

Aaaand you win. A lot.

ShiroiNoKiwi said:
The Simpsons.
I still watch the older seasons (1-10) occasionally. Cant even finish an ep of the new ones, lost it's sharpness ages ago. :/

Agreed. It's like it's lost it's: "IN YOUR FACE!" kind of quality.

Gonna Catch 'Em All
Mar 1, 2010 5:12 PM

Jan 2010
My List:

Sheep in the Big City
Action League Now! (and almost everything else that was on KaBlam!)
The Ren & Stimpy Show
Courage the Cowardly Dog
The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack
Rocko's Modern Life
Aaahh!!! Real Monsters
Rugrats
Doug
The Angry Beavers
Hey Arnold

Uhmm, there is definitly more, but my brain isn't working right now =/
Mar 1, 2010 9:12 PM

Mar 2009
lol if anyone ever finds a vinnie or a throttle action figure let me know! i would so buy that from ya!

check this out! this should bring a smile to everyones face!

awww yeeeah. hammerman!
Mar 2, 2010 2:34 AM

May 2009
Angry Beavers
Rugrats
Doug
Dexter's Lab
Street Sharks
Hey Arnold!
Captain Planet
DBZ
Invader Zim
Cow and Chicken
Eveything on Cheese TV!!
Mar 2, 2010 3:54 AM

Feb 2010
jbrah said:
Angry Beavers
Rugrats
Doug
Dexter's Lab
Street Sharks
Hey Arnold!
Captain Planet
DBZ
Invader Zim
Cow and Chicken
Eveything on Cheese TV!!

invader zim is awesome :P

Mar 2, 2010 4:49 AM

Nov 2008

MEGAS XLR
This shit is universally epic, funny and actually has twists. Packed full of AWESOME.

Megas VS car
Mar 2, 2010 7:29 AM

Dec 2008
I remember watching a couple episodes of Megas XLR a few years ago, it seemed like a good series.
Mar 2, 2010 7:33 AM

Feb 2010
Maximatum99 said:

MEGAS XLR
This shit is universally epic, funny and actually has twists. Packed full of AWESOME.

Megas VS car

I watched like...two episodes in my life.

Seems like an okay show. But never got into it.

Gonna Catch 'Em All
Mar 2, 2010 7:45 AM

Aug 2007
Cowabunga said:
I remember watching a couple episodes of Megas XLR a few years ago, it seemed like a good series.

It was. It was canceled for no reason because CN is run by a bunch of morons.
Mar 2, 2010 7:47 AM

Feb 2010
Drunk_Samurai said:
Cowabunga said:

It was. It was canceled for no reason because CN is run by a bunch of morons.

To make room for recycled shit, as usual.

Gonna Catch 'Em All
Mar 2, 2010 9:35 AM

Feb 2010
Hideyoshilover said:
Hideyoshilover said:
I don't watch cartoons
Mar 2, 2010 10:58 AM
Jul 2018
Beast Wars.
The old marvel cartoons- Spiderman animated series, X men animated series.
Angry Beavers
Rugrats
Cat Dog
Duck Tales
Rocko's Modern Life.
Batman Animated series.
Im gonna stop here.
I have a never ending list.
Mar 2, 2010 11:10 AM

Feb 2010
Icab said:
Beast Wars.

I forgot all about Beast Wars! Man, so many action figures.

Gonna Catch 'Em All
Mar 2, 2010 1:12 PM

Aug 2009
Pirates of Dark Water. That show was the shit.
And the Rugrats. Until they started doing that "All Grown Up" stuff.
Mar 2, 2010 1:53 PM

Sep 2008
Megas XLR is kinnda funny but it does get abit annoying after a while.
To much repeating and the story only makes it fun for so long.
Mar 2, 2010 6:48 PM

Oct 2008
PowderPuff Girls - they really were the sugar and spice that made everything nice. I effing loved that show as a kid..

Pokemon - Before the "Dawn" and "May" characters, during the I-Hate-Misty times.. I used to collect the cards and figures and even had a damn pokedex.. And the Hey You Pikachu!, Pokemon Stadium, Pokemon Snapshot for the Nintendo 64..

Yu-Gi-Oh! - I collected the cards too, and that's as far as I got. The first series is much better than that GX crap.

Hey Arnold! - I love Helga. She was my idol. Arnold too.

Rugrats - Something I used to relate to during my gaga years...

Courage the Cowardly Dog - That show was messed up for a kids show, but I loved it. Invader Zim too, that was awesome.

Thundercats - I don't know why, but I can't believe I used to watch it. That and Captain Planet, Magic School Bus, Arthur, Clifford, etc.

Sailor Moon most def as well, that's what got me drawing and into anime..
Mar 2, 2010 7:02 PM

Nov 2008
talking about cartoons I used to watch kim possible, pheanes and ferb, american dragon, mr. bean the animation and other disney cartoons ^^'
Mar 2, 2010 8:08 PM

Nov 2008

NUFF SAID!
Mar 9, 2010 11:35 PM

Mar 2009
so i picked up the first dvd of captain n today ... amazing!

there were prieviews of super mario bros and legend of zelda cartoons and i realized i forgot to add those to the list of awesome cartoons from the good ol days. i feel ashamed now. i watched those all the time too! lol!
Mar 10, 2010 4:00 AM

Feb 2010
ff_rubberducky said:
so i picked up the first dvd of captain n today ... amazing!

there were prieviews of super mario bros and legend of zelda cartoons and i realized i forgot to add those to the list of awesome cartoons from the good ol days. i feel ashamed now. i watched those all the time too! lol!

<--...riight???
beast wars! pirates of the dark! SMB! zelda!the more we keep comin up with oldies makes me realize american cartoons were the shiit back in the day and asias takin over now! im gonna say it again, america= what good cartoons...
i guess i could add one more= batman today is alright but i think they should still add the little "kablow" "Bam" when they get hit that was classic shiit

to thiink i actually got all u guys to agree for once, except=>
Hideyoshilover said:
Hideyoshilover said:
Hideyoshilover said:
I don't watch cartoons
go buy a t.v.=== i been wonderin whats wrong with you hideyoshi = ur just deprived and missin the good shiit in liife

100th post !!! you guys r greatt/ thanx for the great feedback!!
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.