Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 29, 2009 6:38 AM

Apr 2008
It would be nicer if they end up tgt in the last episode ... but they nvr show that =(

Apr 6, 2009 10:37 AM

Mar 2009
The ending was perfect and very much in line with the rest of the anime. Yamazaki says " in drama's you have a progressive plotline and a resolution, but in real life all we have to look forward too are some vague anxieties." and I think that defined the ending fairly well.

10/10
Apr 6, 2009 8:56 PM
Dec 2008
yes! someone gets it!
Apr 8, 2009 4:33 PM

Nov 2008
As I re-watch it, I'm more annoyed by some of the threads that get dropped (but I hear they get more attention in the book), and by the main character's seeming lack of evolution, which makes me think this series might actually have been stronger as 13 episodes with some of padding and (near) red herrings removed. I don't think it was a perfect ending because the show never fully established what it was doing. Makes me want to check out the manga...
Apr 10, 2009 2:52 AM
Dec 2008
the show established what it was doing, the main character is obviously very easily influenced by his surroundings, thus his 'evolution' doesn't matter much. i think it is difficult to explain what it is that makes the ending so worthwhile... first of all you get to see the core of the relationship between the two main characters. second of all you get to see the motives of the characters... they are aware of what their feelings are about, and the thing is that all human relationship share this concept, which makes the 'awareness' of the two main characters in NHK so fascinating.

if your grudge with the show is just that there's an unnecessary amount of episodes, then i agree. some didn't contribute much to the importance of the plot. the manga is alltogether very different.
Apr 15, 2009 6:51 AM

May 2008
lol not bad ,i laughed at yamazaki lmao

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 17, 2009 8:19 PM

Aug 2007
ASHGARY said:
anticlimatic, much?
I didn't like this ending. I give the anime a 9, because the entire series was great, ASIDE FROM the ending.

exactly what i was thinking. I gave this a 10/10 until the last episode.
Apr 27, 2009 8:10 PM

Feb 2009
I think that a lot of people who were expecting some kind of a kiss or some other romantic revelation are really missing the point. It's less about romantic love and more about how the ways in which human beings connect and in particular about two damaged people who help repair each other.

A kiss would have been SO out of place. This ending is outstanding.

Apr 28, 2009 8:48 PM
Mar 2008
wakka9ca said:
why don't you guys accept open endings. I just LOVE open endings that NEVER get resolved. The main point of the anime is made within 24 episodes. There is ABSOLUTELY NO points in making a sequel. That is why I like short series, exquisite and never stretched.

I don't like open endings because they are fricken retarded. If i wanted to create my own story with random characters, I wouldn't read a book or watch a anime or watch a movie. I'd go write my own story.

You know what happens after the end of the story? Nothing. Because they aren't real. So just complete the story.
Apr 29, 2009 7:02 AM
Dec 2008
ArnoldK said:
I think that a lot of people who were expecting some kind of a kiss or some other romantic revelation are really missing the point. It's less about romantic love and more about how the ways in which human beings connect and in particular about two damaged people who help repair each other.

A kiss would have been SO out of place. This ending is outstanding.

agreed on every point
May 3, 2009 5:16 PM

Dec 2008
That was great. I'm glad Satou started getting out. I'm sad Yamazaki had to leave earlier and wasn't in the end. D: And it would have been nice if Satou and Misaki got together. I'm curious if the last boss was "actually" there and if Misaki saw it too. >.>' That was pretty random. ;p

Overall I gave this series a 8/10.

May 13, 2009 11:08 AM
May 2009
It was wonderful.
May 13, 2009 9:49 PM

Jul 2007
Nice ending, not the best since it kinda leaves you hanging but satisfying. Too bad Satou and Yamazaki didn't back together for the comic convention. Was hoping that they would get super rich after news of thew game spreads from the 5 games they sold at the convention.

But all in all its good, but i was hoping for a development in Satou and Kashiwa. They would of maybe made a good couple, too bad shes married now. =[
May 15, 2009 8:12 PM

May 2009
Perfect ending, it pretty much saved the entire series for me, and it instantly became one of my favorites, I can't wait to purchase this.
May 29, 2009 5:49 PM

Aug 2008
I can't really describe just how enjoyable this series was. Everything about it was dead on for me, especially the soundtrack. This will definitely go on as one of my favorites.
Jun 19, 2009 12:40 AM

Jan 2008
This series wasn't what I expected. And I mean that in a good way. It was actually a lot deeper than what I thought it would be. I love how everything came together at the end, like the theories about NHK. Ended wonderfully
Jun 24, 2009 12:01 PM
Dec 2008
THEY DID NOT KISS

what the hell :(

Either way this is one of the best works I've seen ever, it saddens me that it's over.
I longed for a happy-romantic ending, misaki-chan and SA10 kissing, having the best wedding ever, being overall happy.
Jul 10, 2009 5:08 AM

Jul 2008
Didn't like this episode, the reasoning within it didn't really fly with me. The series had its laughs, but it was just too out there for me. It didn't really follow one of those standard anime templates, which is good in some respects, but I didn't really it was as attention grabbing as it could have been. 7/10
Jul 13, 2009 1:22 PM

Oct 2008
Wow, I loved this anime.. One of the best anime I've ever seen.. It's impressive that this anime managed to combines the heavy psychological with comedy very well.. Love the characters as well.. Overall 9/10..

Anyway, Satou and Misaki's relationship just begun all over again in the end of the episode.. It's satisfying enough for me, though..
Jul 20, 2009 3:03 AM
Jun 2009
Watching this over from episode 1 but something caught my attention. About 6:45 mins into the episode, it seems like someone (Misaki, of course) is watching Satou's room because the screen kind of wobbles like someone is looking through binoculars or something. Before that scene Satou is peering outside at the clouds and Misaki's home is right there too. Not sure if anyone else caught this, but it's interesting tid bit. Hope there's more stuff to notice! >_<
Jul 21, 2009 11:59 PM

Jan 2009
All and All, a great series.

9/10
Aug 8, 2009 11:28 AM

Jul 2009
I really enjoyed watching this anime. I even liked the ending because i don't think that a happy ending would fit. :)
Aug 24, 2009 4:57 AM

Jun 2009
I hated the first half of this series. The only reason I stuck around was because I loved the flashback scenes, how the characters would hint or reminisce about the past, and the great music that plays when these events happen or are about to happen. I started really liking it at the 11-12ish mark. The silliness was toned down considerably to my tolerance level.

The only thing I didn't like about the last episode was the Last Boss bit. That was totally unnecessary.

Those of you who seek a blatant love affair between Misaki and Satou should realize that the former is 17-18 and the latter is 22. I appreciate how the creators didn't go overboard with the love element between those two.

Overall I was pretty satisfied by how this series turned out. I learned so much from it.
Aug 31, 2009 3:23 PM
Jul 2008
I really loved the first part of this series and was really curious about how the whole thing would turn out. But the series just kept going downwards from somewhere in the middle and while it was good (still rated it for an 8!) there just seemed to be something missing (and no, it's not something between Misaki and Satou, that part was just fine).

Afterwards i'm stuck with this feeling of emptiness, something was missing from the series and I just can't point out what. It really bugs me =(
Check out my YouTube channel, all about retro and smaller games:

https://www.youtube.com/c/Teedyan
Sep 2, 2009 6:19 AM

Jun 2009
Tiduas said:
I really loved the first part of this series and was really curious about how the whole thing would turn out. But the series just kept going downwards from somewhere in the middle and while it was good (still rated it for an 8!) there just seemed to be something missing (and no, it's not something between Misaki and Satou, that part was just fine).

Afterwards i'm stuck with this feeling of emptiness, something was missing from the series and I just can't point out what. It really bugs me =(

Lol. Two totally opposite views about the series. Oh well, to each his own.
Sep 7, 2009 6:57 AM
Sep 2009
Unlike a lot of you, I really loved the ending. I thought the last few episodes were wonderfully done. I didn't see the ending as them throwing out the romance or even open. The scenes after his suicide attempt (Misaki crying and telling him not to die, showing him her old house and staying the night there, etc) were much more touching than a kiss to me. The contract was literally a pact for them to stay with each other for the rest of their lives. I thought the ending was pretty conclusive and very sweet. If they had kissed and magically everything transformed it would have been so out of character, I would have been disappointed with that. I think part of this show's charm was its semi-realism.
I really enjoyed this series - minus a few episodes in the middle. Seeing the relationships between the characters develop was probably what I enjoyed the most. I'd give it a 7.5 or 8/10 - if it weren't for some of the really cheesy episodes I probably would rate it higher :B
Sep 7, 2009 8:05 PM

Aug 2009
This series was so awesome! I could connect with it on so many levels. one of the best I have watched in a while.
Sep 9, 2009 7:06 AM

Jun 2009
cossard said:
Unlike a lot of you, I really loved the ending. I thought the last few episodes were wonderfully done. I didn't see the ending as them throwing out the romance or even open. The scenes after his suicide attempt (Misaki crying and telling him not to die, showing him her old house and staying the night there, etc) were much more touching than a kiss to me. The contract was literally a pact for them to stay with each other for the rest of their lives. I thought the ending was pretty conclusive and very sweet. If they had kissed and magically everything transformed it would have been so out of character, I would have been disappointed with that. I think part of this show's charm was its semi-realism.
I really enjoyed this series - minus a few episodes in the middle. Seeing the relationships between the characters develop was probably what I enjoyed the most. I'd give it a 7.5 or 8/10 - if it weren't for some of the really cheesy episodes I probably would rate it higher :B
cossard said:

Took the words right out of my mouth. I recommended this series to a good friend of mine and he loves it.
Sep 19, 2009 6:24 PM

Oct 2008
Great series and an aceptable ending, but the manga is better.

The opening song became one of my favorites of all time.

7/10
psygolOct 20, 2009 9:11 AM
Sep 28, 2009 9:05 AM

Sep 2009
i don't like the end,coz they didn't kiss even once time QQ
Sep 28, 2009 8:58 PM

Sep 2009
The series sticks closer to the novel than the manga does. The manga goes all over the place with freaky sex and everything. I think the one element missing though is satou's drug addiction. I think he does cocaine (where in gods name does he get the money) in the novel, which is supposed to cause his hallucinations, even though it's not really hallucinogenic.

Anyway, I like the ending. I think Misaki's love contract thing was a failure, which is why she drew up another one. I don't think Misaki has very romantic feelings for Satou. She seems pretty resolute in her suicide attempt even after seeing satou come after her, so it probably wasn't a cry for his attention because of rejection. Also, it's pretty clear that the reason she picked him isn't so much because she finds him attractive, but because she can pity him and nurture him.

If they were starting a romantic relationship, they could have kept the contract that forces them to be together. Instead, she writes another one that just says they'll be there for each other. The time they spend talking to each other in the hut seems more like a fresh start to any relationship, since the foundation of their whole friendship is rooted in self loathing, they need to start over to get anywhere.

Even if it's not explicitly romantic, the ending is still sweet. Neither of them have anyone else, and they have plenty of affection for each other.
Oct 4, 2009 2:44 AM

Jan 2009
I kinda liked the ending. I was hoping that they would get together. But sometimes in life love doesn't always work out the way you want it to be. It is not the best series but I did like that this anime focused on college-age people which is really rare in a lot of modern series.
Oct 23, 2009 9:18 PM

Oct 2009
the ending wasnt that bad...
it wasnt perfect but it was good!

Life's sh*tty and there will always be something that will make it even worse where ever you are.
and i think its ok as long as you can see the good, forget the bad and enjoy life as much as possible. ^^

Sato after jumping off the cliff: "aaAAWW, WTF IS THIS SH*T?!"
xD Epic!

6 am
i could help myself, i had to finish it!
Nov 2, 2009 4:16 PM
May 2008
I saw this a long time ago but I just gata comment on the ending. HOW THE HELL DO YOU END THIS LIKE THAT??!?! I mean really now, after 24 episodes, they just stop...Not only did Satou and Misaki never get together (which they should have), but they never even kissed! Really WTF is that. It's like a giant middle finger to everyone who watched the show. Really it was a great series but the ending is terrible. How the HELL do you do that? Satou and Misaki needed to go out together, or at least kiss each other. To set everything back the way it was before is a huge copout and reaks of lazyness. The ending of this show bothers me like hell. Gonzo needs to learn how to END a show. Like for example a quick shot of them kissing, then cut to black would be perfect! Or maybe show us those two in a relationship, then end it with a monologue. OMG there's like 100 ways to end a show decently, and they don't do any of them.
Nov 3, 2009 8:10 AM

Oct 2008
Prede said:
I saw this a long time ago but I just gata comment on the ending. HOW THE HELL DO YOU END THIS LIKE THAT??!?! I mean really now, after 24 episodes, they just stop...Not only did Satou and Misaki never get together (which they should have), but they never even kissed! Really WTF is that. It's like a giant middle finger to everyone who watched the show. Really it was a great series but the ending is terrible. How the HELL do you do that? Satou and Misaki needed to go out together, or at least kiss each other. To set everything back the way it was before is a huge copout and reaks of lazyness. The ending of this show bothers me like hell. Gonzo needs to learn how to END a show. Like for example a quick shot of them kissing, then cut to black would be perfect! Or maybe show us those two in a relationship, then end it with a monologue. OMG there's like 100 ways to end a show decently, and they don't do any of them.

Not all in real life are flowers, birds ans kisses. Wake up man...
Nov 6, 2009 8:16 PM

Feb 2009
Well i realy liked it...awesome ost,great fun,nice love story...what more could i want ^_^

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Nov 8, 2009 12:58 AM

Jun 2009
Good episode but a fairly bad ending to this show in my eyes. I've seen many worse, but *sigh* animes 90% just refuse to end decently in my opinion. Might've found a spot on my top 5 if it wasn't for this ending, but was a entertaining ride nonetheless.
Nov 8, 2009 1:10 PM

Apr 2009
brinan said:
Good episode but a fairly bad ending to this show in my eyes.

Well - same goes for me. Just finished watching and when I watched about 1/2 of last ep I was wondering: "Give it 9 or rather 10?". And I thought that I should let ending to decide about this. And so - I gave it 9.
The problem with this ending is the same as with great number of visual novels. Sometimes when you're achieving 'good ending' you wonder - 'wait... it's not good at all!'. Same here - anime itself is awesome, but ending is rather disappointing.
Don't know about light novel ending, but manga was finished much better than anime.
Pity.

Nov 9, 2009 10:26 PM

Jan 2009
Whatever, I seriously don't know what to think about NHK, I would have given it a 9 if it weren't by episodes like the senpai-suicide ones, it was totally unlike the characters to do something like that and the music was out of place sometimes as well.

7.5, in this case 8 for me. Maybe a 7, don't know yet, maybe i'll change it later.
MikiyoNov 9, 2009 10:30 PM

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Nov 10, 2009 10:00 PM
May 2008
psygol said:

Not all in real life are flowers, birds ans kisses. Wake up man...

That's no excuse for a poor ending.

Now and Then, Here and There told me life wasn't always happy time and time again. But that has one of the most satisfying conclusions to anything I've ever watched (and it's not exactly a happy ending either). Not to say theres much connection between the two shows. But just because life isn't always happy, does not mean the ending should be alowed to be piss poor quailty when compared to the rest of the series.
Nov 15, 2009 2:43 AM

Aug 2008
People are saying they wanted to see a kiss, and i agree. I dont think age has anything to do with it, i mean 17+, come on, 2 people kissing even if theres upto 5yrs age difference with him being 22, isnt that bad. As for romantic feeling, someone, and i cant be bothered finding the post, stated he said it only when trying to stop her from jumping, the all important "i love you", though its said again when he is charging the "last boss" that he realises his feelings for her were love. I am unsure if that was said aloud, or just his thoughts in his head, probably the later. Misaki does herself, show a fair amount interest in him, but its up to the individual i guess for how genuine they believe she was. Bottom line i dont think a kiss if done right, would of been too out of place, though i do agree it couldnt end all sunshine and rainbows, as it just wouldnt have fitted with the feel of the show. Something to make it a fact they are a couple would of been nice though.

As for whats missing, for me its 3 main things, and one of them isnt Misaki and Satou devloping their relationship further, as that was pretty much fine as it was, with plenty of potential, and the open ending aided that. Though did want to see a kiss i cant say it was bad- maybe that contradicts what im saying about a kiss etc but even so.

The three things are in not real order, the game, which seemed to be such a big focus at the start, just got forgotten about with sold 5 copies, nothing else said. Them becoming millionaires or something wouldnt fit, but atleast seeing the reactions of the people that did buy it would of been nice.

Yamazaki leaving and no real re-union, though i was glad they kept in contact, they made a good pair, as characters was good chemistry between them, and overall, i believe he helped cure Satou, even if he did lead him astray a few times. No clue how i would of liked to go, but just feels like something was missing when he left.

Finally the whole part of the relationship between Hitomi(senpai) and Satou. I really did like the idea of Satou and Misaki, but even still there was a hell of alot going on between these two, that made the whole chain of events hard to swallow. I mean, suicide attempt, accepts boyfriends marraige proposal, suggests affair with Satou, then tells him she pregnant. Always using him, and never realising, or maybe achknowledging Satou's feelings for her, even though i believe she does genuinely have some sort of romantic interest in him. Guess the fact he never told her his true feelings, or that nothing happened between them, kind of bugs me. Either it should never have shown so much between them, or shouldnt have thrown it aside the way it did as i dont believe it was him moving on, just more his timid nature and how he easily seems to get caught up in things and go with the flow.

I started this ages ago, and for various reason never finished it, been doing a clean up of list and finished it during the night. I do like the real-ness, and how people can relate to some of what happens and probably to Satou i know i did, a few snags and things i wish had happened but overall it was a good watch, so 8/10 for me.
Nov 18, 2009 10:35 PM

Oct 2009
Well I guess the ending implies that they will stay together, but after saying that he loves her I really expected them to follow through with at least a kiss. I mean they almost kissed and they hardly even knew each other in a way early episode. After all that it would hardly be unrealistic to at least see one and have some sort of closure! But beggars can't be choosers I suppose...
Nov 25, 2009 6:54 AM

Oct 2007
I finally finished this and I must say I'm satisfied with the series as a whole. It did have quite a few flaws here and there but overall it was quite enjoyable.

Considering the ending, this show does like many show do and leave the ending open for the watchers imagination. You see the two of them, young as they are, finally picking up their life trying to make the best of it and helping each other get through hardships. This is where you imagination is supposed to kick off and you should envision them a few years later together starting their own little family, bit by bit.

Personally I dislike these kind of endings since I prefer disclosure and like to see what happens with these characters you gradually grew accustomed to and started to care about.

This show gets a 8/10 from me, was a 7/10 at first but the last few episodes made me crank it up a bit.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Dec 25, 2009 11:45 AM

Nov 2009
I cant believe the fact that they never actually kissed is frustrating me o.o...Great anime though, its hard to come by something like this...will probably rewatch it some time in the future =]
Dec 27, 2009 12:23 AM

Jul 2009
the fact that they never kissed doesn't really bother me. In the (original) My Sassy Girl movie, the two main characters never kiss, and guess what, it was still one of the best romantic comedies I have seen.
That being said, I loved this series. Sure it has it highs the rare lows, but it was great. I would rewatch in the future.
Dec 27, 2009 9:39 AM
Dec 2008
;_;

Dec 28, 2009 3:51 PM
Dec 2009
I thought this series was awesome. I especially liked the music and the way the show was sort of comedic but could also be really serious. The only problem I had with it was the end. I wanted Sato and Misaki to end up together. I give the seriess a 9/10. I'm a bit confused about that last part on the cape/cliff. Did Sato really see the boss or was he just trying to stop Misaki by distracting her. Oh yeah one last thing I liked that whole conspiracy theme, i thought it was really cool how they tied it in.
Dec 30, 2009 3:14 AM

Apr 2009
who else thought this series was kind of scary?
in a depressing way..
Jan 2, 2010 5:39 AM

Nov 2009
Good ending but i expected much more from it.Welcome to the nhk will be forever for me the most realistic anime ive watched.Only thing i didn't like was how misaki kind of treated satou as her prisonner all the time and constantly saying to herself that he is a human failure.
Jan 4, 2010 10:41 PM

Feb 2008
Just finished re-watching the series within 12 hours. Now I know why I couldn't remember the ending. It was disappointing. Sure, I get what it means but after building up all that tension between them...such a waste. This is one of the rare animes I've watched that made me want to scream for the 2 main characters to have an emotionally charged scene at the end.

Maybe this is part of the conspiracy as well?
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

130 by puffle9000 »»
Today, 1:03 AM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

DarkBlue - Feb 7, 2008

311 by gyanburubii »»
Apr 30, 4:03 PM

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

then - Aug 20, 2008

124 by The_anime_noob12 »»
Apr 30, 12:42 PM

Poll: » NHK ni Youkoso! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

DarkBlue - Feb 7, 2008

113 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 3:27 AM

Poll: » Welcome to the NHK Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

kie_ - Sep 4, 2008

114 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 3:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.