Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 16, 2017 2:25 AM

Dec 2016
I am a huge fan of the Golden Boy series, but I was wondering if what he does on his travels would actually be possible in the modern day. From when the series is set, it would be much easier to get a job as temp worker and live more freely as kin taro does. So finally, in theory, would kintaro's travels actually be possible now and in future years?

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.
AlfyanMay 17, 2017 2:24 PM
May 16, 2017 3:57 AM

Jan 2017
Don't know much about this manga
I've only read one chapter, but I don't think this is possible in real life
I mean the guy acts like a illiterate then fixes everything like a pro and people become astonished because of it then starts admiring/loving him, but he just vanishes at that point (in chapter 1)
He even finds jobs pretty easily
This is more likely impossible in real life.

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

May 16, 2017 5:07 AM

Dec 2016
swirlydragon said:
Don't know much about this manga
I've only read one chapter, but I don't think this is possible in real life
I mean the guy acts like a illiterate then fixes everything like a pro and people become astonished because of it then starts admiring/loving him, but he just vanishes at that point (in chapter 1)
He even finds jobs pretty easily
This is more likely impossible in real life.

Mm not so much what he does with the women, but more like travelling around and getting jobs really easy
May 16, 2017 5:16 AM

Jan 2017
EagleRaide said:
Mm not so much what he does with the women, but more like travelling around and getting jobs really easy

That's also more likely impossible
Due to rise in human population, unemployment is increasing.
You won't find jobs that easily

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

May 16, 2017 5:39 AM

Feb 2015
Yah that would work, as long as you have the money to do it. :/
May 16, 2017 6:10 AM

Feb 2013
for the temp work, maybe in japan it's different cuzz of aging population and low imigrants and such

for "live more freely" if your low budget enough you can still do backpacking or w/e
May 16, 2017 6:21 AM

Oct 2015
that sort of lifestyle is unrealistic. you'd be suffering in poverty every day of your life

in my country you'd just commit suicide eventually
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
May 16, 2017 6:33 AM
May 2009
If you mean the freedom to travel and switch jobs every time you arrive at a new location, its not impossible. but it might be very hard.

The difference would be the type of jobs people would be willing to hire you for.
And also depends on if its limited to your own nation.

If its abroad you might find it impossible to even ask for a job (Language barrier)
May 16, 2017 6:42 AM

Jan 2013
If you never try you'll never know, bruh! It's high time for AnimeMythBusters to shine! :D

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
May 16, 2017 7:06 AM

Jan 2016
I live in the countryside and sometimes we gave hospitality to people who traveled the Europe only with a backpack and in some cases with a bike.
One of the most recent was a twenty years old guy from Canada, i admire their courage. I wouldn't be able to do it.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of them financed their travel with temp works.
May 17, 2017 2:28 PM

Mar 2011
Thread has been merged & moved to Golden Boy series board
Oct 10, 2020 11:57 AM
Oct 2016
EagleRaide said:
I am a huge fan of the Golden Boy series, but I was wondering if what he does on his travels would actually be possible in the modern day. From when the series is set, it would be much easier to get a job as temp worker and live more freely as kin taro does. So finally, in theory, would kintaro's travels actually be possible now and in future years?

Mod Edit: Modified title for clarity and/or easier searching.

Dude, almost all his jobs consisted on cleaning toilets and places. It's basically travel the world taking jobs as janitor in different companies. Of course you can do it...

The magic here is that he is able to learn skills that talented people develop after years of experience in just a few weeks and not by working on it but by OBSERVING other people work in that area while he cleans toilets.

Unless you have that "superpower" is not going to be as fun as you think it would be...
May 25, 2023 3:25 AM

Jul 2021
he won't get hired just like that. so it's impossible.

The end of an era. Thank you Wit, Mappa and Isayama.
Feeling half happy, half sad.

Kawaii waifus
and precious
  best girls <3333

More topics from this board

Poll: » Golden Boy Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hznu - Nov 27, 2008

164 by Adnash »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » Golden Boy Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

hznu - Nov 27, 2008

106 by Adnash »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Golden Boy Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

hznu - Nov 26, 2008

59 by Adnash »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » Golden Boy Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

hznu - Nov 26, 2008

88 by Adnash »»
Yesterday, 12:10 AM

Poll: » Golden Boy Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

hznu - Nov 26, 2008

84 by Adnash »»
Apr 24, 11:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.