Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Apr 21, 2017 10:21 AM

Aug 2014
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION THREAD. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

- This thread is only about this episode. If you want to discuss (future) events from the manga, please use the manga board.
- Do not spam in this thread. This isn't a chat thread or your twitter.
- Do not ask where to watch this episode or post links to the episode.
- Trolling/baiting/abuse/harassment will not be tolerated.

For more information see the Anime Series Episode Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
ArdanazApr 28, 2017 12:22 PM
Apr 22, 2017 6:25 AM

Nov 2011
Damn...that was a close call for Connie. He would of really been eaten if it wasn't for Reiner and the others.

Well, we got to see a bit of Titan action this episode including the Beast Titan again. Body count is starting to pile up. The best part of the episode imo was the final few minutes because Ymir finally reveals herself as a Titan! Holy shit.

Apr 22, 2017 6:27 AM

Oct 2013
I never was expecting the Ymir reveal to be in this episode!? I am happy! Great episode! the suspense was great and I'm a manga reader, I could just imagine it for the anime only viewers.

5/5
Apr 22, 2017 6:29 AM

Sep 2014
Seeing Nanaba and her screams while being eaten was so painful.

Good , they included speeches between Ymir with Connie and With Reiner in the beginning. Ymir is able to read some foreign characters.

Also she reveals herself as a Titan and jumps off a castle to fight titans , EVERY EPISODE MAKES UPCOMING WEEK HARDER AND HARDER.
Apr 22, 2017 6:30 AM

Nov 2015
The Ymir transformation was great!

Apr 22, 2017 6:32 AM
Nov 2009
Great rearrangement of the manga. Ending on Ymir's reveal was a great choice, I thought this episode would end with the beast titan throwing rocks but I'm fine with what we got.

Best episode of season 2, on par with episode 1.
Apr 22, 2017 6:34 AM
Nov 2015
Holy Shit the best episode so far ^_^
Apr 22, 2017 6:38 AM

Aug 2012
Episode 29 End Card illustrated by Tezuka Kyouhei & Matsumoto Sachiko

Apr 22, 2017 6:41 AM

Aug 2012
That Ymir transformation was epic! Now to wait for the subs.
Apr 22, 2017 6:58 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
keragamming said:
I never was expecting the Ymir reveal to be in this episode!? I am happy! Great episode! the suspense was great and I'm a manga reader, I could just imagine it for the anime only viewers.

5/5
I came to see your reaction to the episode....I was not disappointed sir
Apr 22, 2017 7:20 AM

Oct 2013
@Tokoya :) glad you were happy.
TyrelApr 22, 2017 3:26 PM
Apr 22, 2017 7:22 AM

Jul 2014
keragamming said:
I never was expecting the Ymir reveal to be in this episode!? I

i never thought ymir would transform in this episode too!
great episode my favorite so far BUT NEXT EPISODE IS THE REAL DEAL AND WHY I LOVE THIS ARC SO MUCH
Apr 22, 2017 7:23 AM

Oct 2013
sonnestark said:
keragamming said:
I never was expecting the Ymir reveal to be in this episode!? I

great episode my favorite so far BUT NEXT EPISODE IS THE REAL DEAL AND WHY I LOVE THIS ARC SO MUCH

Every episode from now on will be amazing actually. lol Even the forest scene which was mostly talking. lol
Apr 22, 2017 7:28 AM

Jul 2014
keragamming said:
sonnestark said:

Every episode from now on will be amazing actually. lol Even the forest scene which was mostly talking. lol

yes, the studio handle it very well, i'm sure the future episodes are good too since the episodes so far are more enjoyable than the manga
Apr 22, 2017 7:28 AM

Aug 2012
keragamming said:

5/5
Now all the manga readers are happy that they included the missing scenes from last week XD
Apr 22, 2017 7:37 AM

Aug 2016
I feel sad for ymir having to reveal herself in front of her beloved krista :/

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.

Apr 22, 2017 7:46 AM

Sep 2013
Fucking R.I.P </3
Apr 22, 2017 7:47 AM

Oct 2013
sim0n2170 said:
keragamming said:

5/5
Now all the manga readers are happy that they included the missing scenes from last week XD

That is true. :D but I think now everyone realise that some scenes are rearrange. Like Ymir and Christa flashback that happen before the reveal will be in the next episode, which was shown in the preview.
Apr 22, 2017 7:53 AM

Jul 2015
ahh that was so good. seeing ymir form into the
titan was great!! can't wait for next week. 5/5
Apr 22, 2017 8:01 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Return 2 hours before the attack!!
All that said Connie, all sound how a experimient :/ His village, his mother and the strange Titan on his house, all seems a terrible experiment!!!
The autor could be the hairy strange Titan :/

Surprise in the end O__=
Apr 22, 2017 8:04 AM

Dec 2016
gahh i'm glad they included the scenes they skipped last episode, but now they're holding off the ymir and krista flashback until next episode. but man, that was quite the transformation. 5/5. and also the main characters should be back next episode, lol, you didn't even see them in this one - i hear a lot of complaints on how the new season doesn't have enough of the main trio but they'll be back next episode and they'll stay
ZeldroApr 22, 2017 8:09 AM
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”

-Donquixote Doflamingo, One Piece
Apr 22, 2017 8:06 AM

Mar 2016
THAT WAS SO GOOD

FML i teared up a lot. kind of expected it from Ymir
Apr 22, 2017 8:11 AM
Dec 2015
WHY DIDN'T SHE TRANSFORM BEFORE THE SCOUTS DIED?????
Apr 22, 2017 8:13 AM
Jul 2018
insane episode. i wonder if that bottle was really booze. i thought that guy who was about to drink it before dying would transform to titan or something but guess i was wrong. i guess reiner already knew what was up with ymir. though, christa is more interesting to me, somehow.
and boi, that beast titan needs to calm its titties, like seriously lol

p.s; i can't be the only one who shit their pants when reiner came to check how far the titans came and he opened the door and the titan was about to come. BOY. THE. ART.
Apr 22, 2017 8:13 AM

Aug 2015
Man i love it when they show all the details in the transformations... like how it first shapes into the skeleton, then the muscles get added and so on.. amazing.

Great all around episode.
Apr 22, 2017 8:14 AM

Dec 2016
Now say it with me guys

Reiner is the most reliable soldier the 104th brought forth. He's the only non-shady character and obviously the best of the 104th
“Pirates are evil? The Marines are righteous? These terms have always changed throughout the course of history! Kids who have never seen peace and kids who have never seen war have different values! Those who stand at the top determine what's wrong and what's right! This very place is neutral ground! Justice will prevail, you say? But of course it will! Whoever wins this war becomes justice!”

-Donquixote Doflamingo, One Piece
Apr 22, 2017 8:17 AM

Dec 2014
Great episode, really intense.

I was wondering what the conversation between Reiner and Ymir was in the last episode and it turned out that she could read certain characters. I was unsure what sort of implication this had but I had a very small feeling that she might just be a titan or something and damn. XD To be honest, when she jumped out I actually believed she was just throwing her life away and Crysta would probably reveal something later about the whole letters thing but damn. XD

That entire scene defending inside the tower was intense, I'm pretty surprised at how strong Reiner is. The titan actually bit him and yet his arm was able to withstand it leaving only bite marks, in fact he didn't even lose flesh and that's really surprising given that almost every one else who was bitten has lost limbs and head and what not. Was the titan weak or is Reiner just super strong? xD

Beast Titan trebuchet OP as hell. xD

Can't wait to see Ymir in action next episode and also the backstory.
Lelouch0202Apr 22, 2017 8:20 AM
Apr 22, 2017 8:18 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
And there it is, all of the content that they left out and for good reason too because it would have ruined the reveal of this episode if we got them early

RIP to those 4 heroes though, I felt bad for the badass girl at the end there screaming to her father :( It sucks to see how these soldiers get taken out no matter how good they are

The next episode is gonna be lit and finally I'll be able to use the word Historia lol but HOLY FUCK I FORGOT ABOUT THE WHOLE "gotta marry her" thing, LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I know Reiner, I know xD
Apr 22, 2017 8:18 AM

Aug 2016
Okay that was a really nice episode, totally did not expect Ymir to be a Titan as well (yeah I'm a Non-manga-reader-pleb lol).

So those foreign or whatever letters on the can, why was it so suspicious that Ymir could read them? What does Reiner know about that?

I'm really hooked on this season now

Apr 22, 2017 8:25 AM

Aug 2012
Corvus8 said:
Man i love it when they show all the details in the transformations... like how it first shapes into the skeleton, then the muscles get added and so on.. amazing.

Great all around episode.
Yea. They did that animation for Annie in the beginning of episode 24 S1 and from the trailers Eren as well. It looks super sick.

Apr 22, 2017 8:26 AM
Aug 2015
Literally got chills when Ymir started talking about sacrificing herself. My only complaint this season would be the music. There's only one new track I've been able to identify till now. Everything else is rehashed versions of the season 1 OST.

W123 said:
WHY DIDN'T SHE TRANSFORM BEFORE THE SCOUTS DIED?????

Kind of a bold decision, since if she had helped them before she would have needed a trial like Eren's, and most likely would have ended up executed by the government.
Apr 22, 2017 8:29 AM

Aug 2012
On_the_Lam said:
Literally got chills when Ymir started talking about sacrificing herself. My only complaint this season would be the music. There's only one new track I've been able to identify till now. Everything else is rehashed versions of the season 1 OST.
I've only notice two new ones this season so far. The Beast Titan theme and the one last episode where Reiner and Connie were talking in the beginning of the episode. Piano sounding like.
Apr 22, 2017 8:29 AM

Dec 2014
As a non-manga reader this was really a great episode!

Now I remember I saw a strange Titan in one of the previews, but never expected it to be Ymir!
Feeling sad for the 4 soldiers that died, I liked them, even though it was easy to see they would end up this way...

I'm worried that there will be only 8 other episodes, since there is so much I don't know about the Beast Titan and even about the Armored Titan (on this one spoilers are everywhere, so sadly I somehow know).
Apr 22, 2017 8:30 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
That ending sequence was glorious HOLY SHIT

Reiner is a badass once again, love this guy.

Very cruel deaths this time, Gerger at least got his neck broken as fuck before he got eaten so he didn't feel that much pain.
Apr 22, 2017 8:31 AM
Nov 2009
sim0n2170 said:
On_the_Lam said:
I've only notice two new ones this season so far. The Beast Titan theme and the one last episode where Reiner and Connie were talking in the beginning of the episode. Piano sounding like.

There is also the remix of counter attack mankind in episode 2 and the track used for the previews.
Apr 22, 2017 8:33 AM

Jun 2014
Awesome, we got the reveal that Ymir is a Titan, now we get to see her in action next week. Also, I like how they rearranged some parts that should have been in the previous episode, as to not make things too obvious and the reveal too underwhelming. Each episode seems to get better than the one before it, so can't wait for next week.

On an unrelated note, it took 4 episodes, but I think the OP is finally starting to grow on me.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Apr 22, 2017 8:34 AM

Mar 2016
Ymir should've transformed BEFORE the other died...

This episodes are running so fast!!!

Another week to wait :/

If you watched 13 Reasons Why in 13 hours in a row (like me) you got my respect !
Apr 22, 2017 8:35 AM

Jul 2013
Lelouch0202 said:
That entire scene defending inside the tower was intense, I'm pretty surprised at how strong Reiner is. The titan actually bit him and yet his arm was able to withstand it leaving only bite marks, in fact he didn't even lose flesh and that's really surprising given that almost every one else who was bitten has lost limbs and head and what not. Was the titan weak or is Reiner just super strong? xD

Hange already said that titans are actually a lot lighter than they look in the middle of S1 during her talk with Eren. That and Reiner is totally super strong compared to others lol.

Apr 22, 2017 8:36 AM

Nov 2015
Best episode so far. Awesome.
Apr 22, 2017 8:36 AM

Aug 2013
Oh man what a cruel episode that was.

Nanaba fought great but her ending was too cruel and I'm feeling really bad for Gerger. Can't the man get his last wish.

Ymir transforming into a titan with such courage was awesome.

Apr 22, 2017 8:37 AM

Jan 2014
Perfect episode.

5/5

Nanaba....
Apr 22, 2017 8:37 AM

Feb 2015
GUYS!!! Episode 4 is so totally awesome ... my feelings are out of control at the moment. Since years I never felt so hard for an Anime like this. Ymir ... your are so strong ... hope she dont die in the next episode. I CANT WAIT UNTIL NEXT SATURDAY. :<
EVERY DAY IS A NEW ADVENTURE
Apr 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Nov 2014
Finally, secret revealed in order of survival. Another loss of strong survey corps members
Apr 22, 2017 8:41 AM

Jul 2014
what was nanaba saying before her death? i don't recall something like this in the manga
Apr 22, 2017 8:43 AM

Sep 2008
Nanaba!!! ( ; _ ; )
I told myself at the beginning "Don't like supporting characters in SNK, you only get hurt".
I feel like Nanaba will be killed...
Really, death flags all over in this episode...
But... damn.
Watching Nanaba being eaten was so painful to watch... ;(

That moment when Connie, later Reiner...
I was like "No, no, no!!!"
My heart can't take this!

Why nobody of them thought about taking dead soldiers weapon?
and
OMG! Don't take make me start about Ymir!
I was like "Why you ask about knife? When you can use staff from dead soldiers"
then "OMG! She gonna kill Historia after all this talk?!"
and when she jumped and then, and then...

Oh, I'm done.

I can't wait to see next episode,
but I would see what happen next than flashbacks... -.-
Apr 22, 2017 8:47 AM
Sep 2014
I knew Ymir was a titan. She was acting way too strange. I wonder why she never allied with Eren. Man this beast titan is just wreaking havoc
Apr 22, 2017 8:47 AM
Dec 2013
Goddamn that reveal was fantastic. I want to see anime watchers reactions to this shit, it's going to be crazy.
Apr 22, 2017 8:48 AM
Apr 2016
Damn Nanaba died. She was so awesome!
Lol what I'm seeing! It was like pikachu thunderbolt again. Ymir finally reveals her titan form.
Apr 22, 2017 8:49 AM

Mar 2013
Too bad the blonde had to die.
Apr 22, 2017 8:49 AM

Feb 2013
Lol, Ymir is a titan too, I wasn't expecting this at all.
Pages (10) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 12, 2017

496 by Magicallykitten »»
Apr 13, 4:26 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - May 6, 2017

931 by Angel_crush1 »»
Mar 31, 5:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 15, 2017

689 by ImNotAnOtaku1 »»
Mar 14, 11:16 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 9, 2017

525 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 5:04 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Season 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ardanaz - Jun 2, 2017

433 by Apreggi »»
Mar 11, 4:36 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.