Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 17, 2017 9:08 AM

Jan 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Seriously?! 27? He's more than "capable" to start his own family. Yet he's still can't decide who to choose. But I gotta say, his mom IS pretty scary, more than Kimiko.
And for the second "customer" of the episode is... Train Fanatic? Don't really know about that kind of fanatic.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Apr 17, 2017 9:18 AM

Jun 2015
Solution to the first story : Make your own bento xD

And train enthusiasts... I used to have a friend who loved to spot trains and stuff, a pretty complicated hobby imo

Apr 17, 2017 10:02 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Here i thought for the first time that our salesman did a real blatant scumbag move.

In the second case, the man has a hobby and pursues it, yet loses valuable time for his job. I get that this is difficult, but our salesman gives him the 583. Making it practically impossible for him to refuse since this was his dream for a long time. It lead to his boss losing his shit cause a deadline was not met again.

First case i can get behind though again. DECIDE MAN! You can't just tip toe around important decisions in your life.
Apr 17, 2017 11:42 AM

Sep 2013
Moguro making the first man give up on the woman for his mom due to indecisiveness.
2nd man got his dream train but lost his job and is now a train hobo.
Apr 17, 2017 3:09 PM

Dec 2016
I really enjoy the bar Moguro takes all of his "clients" to.

Also the quiet bearded bartender is best character in the show, man comes straight out of Garfield
“I love heroes, but I don't want to be one. Do you even know what a hero is!? For example, you have some meat. Pirates will feast on the meat, but the hero will distribute it among the people! I want to eat the meat!” - Monkey D. Luffy
Apr 18, 2017 3:16 PM

Jun 2014
Do such useless mama's boys really exist in Japan?! No wonder the birth rate is so freaking low. The wimp got what he deserved.

I feel sorry for the old guy in the 2nd half though. You know they're all screwed once you hear the BOOM! - in fact, they're all screwed, period.

xD
Apr 19, 2017 12:51 PM
Oct 2012
ramenshoujo said:
Do such useless mama's boys really exist in Japan?! No wonder the birth rate is so freaking low. The wimp got what he deserved.

I feel sorry for the old guy in the 2nd half though. You know they're all screwed once you hear the BOOM! - in fact, they're all screwed, period.

xD

Mama boys exist in all countries, unfortunately.

The second part of the episode was quite disturbing.
Apr 19, 2017 2:45 PM

Oct 2008
Moguro-san really know how to select victims who has a hole in their hearts!
4/5.

Apr 20, 2017 3:54 AM

Dec 2015
I dislike those movies or sitcom episodes centered on a character caught between one of its parents and its lover. Even as a 9mn pastille, it isn't much better (as much a caricature as in longer formats).

I know that the second protagonist was supposed to come out as badly managing his time between hobby and work but it looked more like his young successor harassing him out of some inferiority complex.

3/5

PS: Train fanatics / otaku exist everywhere, I saw some video doc featuring american and european ones.

PPS: did someone notice any wordplay with the victims names? (the older series did this¨)
Rei_IIIApr 20, 2017 6:15 AM
Apr 21, 2017 2:03 AM

Nov 2008
The first story made me sadcringe because of their really twisted mother son relationship but I can see that to be something happening in real life too.

The second story was ok, have no further comments on it but can't wait for more.
Apr 21, 2017 8:40 PM

Jan 2017
Didn't know train obsession was a thing. So is this gonna go anywhere? Every customer turns out to be an alcoholic.
Apr 28, 2017 6:35 AM

Nov 2007
First story...all three of those people were wrong. The dude,his mom and his gf.

Second story...well,some person will watch it like...omg,he lost his job and is being a bum on a train,terrible! But i think it's kinda good ending for the guy. Better life than working for nothing and being treated like a shit by your co-workers. You only live once,indeed.
May 16, 2017 2:44 AM

Dec 2013
Smudy said:
Here i thought for the first time that our salesman did a real blatant scumbag move.

In the second case, the man has a hobby and pursues it, yet loses valuable time for his job. I get that this is difficult, but our salesman gives him the 583. Making it practically impossible for him to refuse since this was his dream for a long time. It lead to his boss losing his shit cause a deadline was not met again.

First case i can get behind though again. DECIDE MAN! You can't just tip toe around important decisions in your life.

I agree. Up until part 3-2, I felt like Moguro practiced tough love to his clients. He gave rules and warnings, but didn't directly tempt them. Here, he set the guy up for failure. This slight difference is enough to paint Moguro as a villain, a development that the series was to avoid.

The guy in the first part, compared to past clients, got off easy. To be honest, I expected the girlfriend to turn violent once the powder ran out, like a druggie fighting for more crack.
Jun 9, 2017 6:19 AM

Jun 2017
finished episode 3.

-again,seems like the episode they remade this time hasnt been translated,as i never saw a similar episode before.

-the topic it was about seemed not that important to me. i highly doubt bentos ever cause any major problems normally. also,i felt bad for the mother. the son had a very week personality(and looked like a girl for some reason)while the GF was just an awful person.

-Quite liked the exaggerated expressions in the episode though XD

the 2nd part of the episode was even worse than the first.

-the boss was a huge a****** for no discernible reason,especially that the victim was the guy who taught him.

-this is the first episode ever that i felt bad for the victim. he intended to keep his promise and turn a new leaf. only the huge a****** of a boss prevented him from doing so he was pretty much blameless.

-i dont get this fascination with trains in general,but i guess that it is a particularly japanese obsession.

all in all,episode 3 was by far the worst LS episode i ever saw,counting both original and remake.
Aug 30, 2022 2:07 PM
Dec 2019
good lesson to kids and all that things

More topics from this board

Poll: » Warau Salesman New Episode 12 Discussion

Mascera - Jun 19, 2017

24 by CopperTyrant »»
Jan 5, 2023 1:08 PM

» YO THIS OPENING BOPS

Reaperoflight - Feb 8, 2022

3 by anikevin »»
Jul 21, 2022 1:21 AM

Poll: » Warau Salesman New Episode 11 Discussion

Mascera - Jun 12, 2017

15 by Reaperoflight »»
Feb 28, 2022 12:56 AM

Poll: » Warau Salesman New Episode 5 Discussion

Mascera - May 1, 2017

24 by Sakuta002766 »»
Nov 28, 2020 2:29 PM

Poll: » Warau Salesman New Episode 6 Discussion

Mascera - May 8, 2017

14 by Sakuta002766 »»
Nov 28, 2020 2:27 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.