Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Royal Tutor
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 5, 2017 10:31 AM
Jul 2015
It was okay, I feel like I forced myself to watch this kind of anime. I'm just not the type of guy who find this anime entertaining. Going to give the anime another try next week.
Apr 5, 2017 10:37 AM

May 2014
Am I the only one who thinks that the Everest one looks like a girl, more specifically he reminds me of Annie from Shingeki no Kyojin a little bit
But it was a great start
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Apr 5, 2017 11:25 AM

Nov 2010
Didn't expect anything from this anime but I actually enjoyed it. I laughed more than I should have.. I'm so simple..
Apr 5, 2017 11:36 AM

Dec 2015
With this episode it's obvious the anime is targeted to females, at least the humor was nice though.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Apr 5, 2017 1:41 PM

Dec 2014
Heine is such a troll lol.
Didn't expect anything from this anime, but actually enjoyed the first episode quite a bit. I really like this kind of comedy. Personally, (as a fujoshi) I don't think they should add BL here, it's fine the way it is.
Pretty curious about the next episode, looking forward to it.
Apr 5, 2017 2:41 PM

Jun 2013
well that was fucking boring
Apr 5, 2017 5:38 PM

Jul 2011
Pretty animation and designs. The chibi moments could be toned down, but overall pretty much what I expected lol.
Apr 5, 2017 8:09 PM

Feb 2013
This was.....SOO much better than I expected.

I was laughing my ass off at parts. Will definitely be looking forward to it.
Apr 6, 2017 2:16 AM

Nov 2012
this episode had lots of funny moments, but i do hope they'll amp up the comedy a bit more in later episodes.
and leon is so cute?? i first thought he'd be just an arrogant boy but he's such a tsundere and ahhh i'm weak for tsundere boys
Apr 6, 2017 5:38 AM

Oct 2015
First , I would like to say sorry if I write something wrong , I try my best with English. ^^
I love the animation , it's not so perfect but not so bad. And the ending , oh , I like it so much! Not just the animation but also the song ;)
The story is interesing and funny , for me at least. Too bad it's that cliché when people mistook you for a child just because you're short.
At the moment , Heine is my favourite because he's not overreacting or yelling at the princes because they don't want to be lectured by a commoner , he just wants to fulfill the request from the Queen. Bruno is also quite interesing but he's too strict , like , why can't a human without an university be a tutor? Or something else , or be educated?
Heine is a mystery , I hope in the next episodes will be some information about him , too.
Episode 1 has an 8/10 from me. ;3;
Apr 6, 2017 7:32 AM

May 2010
Lol this is so stupid it's good. I'm gonna tell my friends for sure.
Hope it becomes funnier next week.
Apr 6, 2017 8:07 AM

Jun 2009
I was so excited for this series, and I must say the first episode did not disappoint!! And I can agree that Lichie is best boy. <3 (And my favorite)

If they did add some BL to it I wouldn't mind. But if they don't, I'll still watch. I rather adore it, especially the cute chibi moments(and yes, the diary part was funny xD )

Can't wait for next ep! :3 This might be my favorite series of the season. <3

You have been blessed by sparkly bishie Cherry Blossom <3 You're welcome ^^

Apr 6, 2017 9:59 AM

Sep 2016
It looks really pretty but I must say I'm not sure what this all about.

Is the show about youngs men growing up ? Or is it something else entirely ?

Meh, overall nice ep i guess.
Apr 6, 2017 10:40 AM
Jan 2017
tried to watch but bored on halfway not fun at all maybe this anime is for girls
Apr 6, 2017 12:29 PM

May 2008
Wow this is actually interesting..I'm curious to see how the other prince interactions go.

Apr 6, 2017 12:52 PM

Mar 2017
Tony_SansNom said:
winddevil1 said:
this looks like it will have some boys love tbh (specially with the ending song)

Damn, I hope you're wrong.

please no TwT
I'm so done with boys love.

But I can see the fujoshis.. shipping Heine with one of the princes.

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Apr 6, 2017 8:17 PM

Mar 2013
euls said:
Tony_SansNom said:

Damn, I hope you're wrong.

please no TwT

Looks like you don't need to worry peeps. It's based off a shounen comedy manga, which I'm also happy that its not BL.
though I do have a feeling they will add random fanservice bits for those random fushojis (-_-) I hope not
KilikcliaApr 6, 2017 8:25 PM
Apr 6, 2017 9:42 PM

Mar 2017
Kilikclia said:
euls said:

please no TwT

Looks like you don't need to worry peeps. It's based off a shounen comedy manga, which I'm also happy that its not BL.
though I do have a feeling they will add random fanservice bits for those random fushojis (-_-) I hope not

With fanservice or without.. Knowing them, they would literally try to ship them and think that there really is something going on.. :c

ex: Tales of Zestria (Sorey and Mikleo), Hunter X Hunter (Killua and Gon), Naruto (Naruto and Sasuke), One Piece (Luffy and Zoro) =Friendships only

Sebastian and Ciel= master and butler relationship

but they think that there's more to them.

There is no escape.
WE HAVE NO ESCAPEE
WE CAN'T DO ANYTHING but just let them do their thing :'))))))))

I can totally see... google being full of Heine X ????. When you're trying to search images.

No offense to the fujoshis out there.
But sometimes the BL shipping gets really out of control and it's affecting what other people think of that certain show.
eulsApr 6, 2017 9:46 PM

猫はかわいいです。 (ꈍ ‸ ꈍ)

Apr 6, 2017 11:00 PM
Mar 2012
So this the shota sensei thing, comedy seems alright. More character study than expected, might be worthwhile.
quite nice bgs & perfect hair.
Apr 7, 2017 1:10 AM

Nov 2014
AntonKutovoi said:
A. Just as I was afraid, voice acting was bad.
B. Episode itself was horrendously boring.
Sorry, not watching it further.
Oh my, you are so wrong, the voice acting is not even close to bad.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 7, 2017 6:09 PM

Feb 2017
I came to watch this with many reservations, and I wasn't expecting anything. This anime was a lot better than what I was hoping for. I mean, it is absurd and it has many, /many/ overused tropes, but it isn't that bad. It made me laugh, and with that I think that it accomplished its purpose. I'll come back next week because I kinda like the princes.
Apr 8, 2017 1:07 AM

Oct 2008
what's-up with this bishounen sh!t!!!
2/5.

Apr 8, 2017 3:30 AM

Oct 2013
I like it. Charakters are interesting and likeable, despite being jerks.

BTW. This season has quite a few potential gay anime. This one gives out a vibe of... what would you call it? Yaoi harem? LOL
Apr 8, 2017 6:44 AM
Dec 2013
alot better than I expected actually, very cute at times, seems like the morals are bit on the nose but it's sweet so i'll keep watching, the scary prince and the glasses prince look cute but i'm not feeling the tsundere prince and the playboy prince's girlish looks that much but i'm sure they'll be fun characters
Apr 8, 2017 6:46 AM

Apr 2013
Can't wait for the next episode.
Apr 8, 2017 7:19 AM
Nov 2016
this is better than i expected, the characters are so cute i cant stand steel. and somehow leonhard slightly reminds me of sebastian
Apr 8, 2017 2:45 PM

Jun 2015
Good first episode, but looking for more !

the ending song was great !
Apr 9, 2017 6:22 PM

Aug 2015
this show is too gay
and that's a gay dude saying it

Also it literally made me fall asleep, which has never happened before, I'm pretty sure that's not a good thing.
Apr 11, 2017 5:16 AM

Aug 2013
A good first episode. We'll give it a go.

Loved how they treated Heine like a little kid.

Apr 17, 2017 3:53 AM

Jul 2015
The animation's pretty good and the comedy is well placed. Hoping to see more characters next episode.
Apr 26, 2017 10:52 AM

Apr 2017
BabySitting... On Advice 101..

Heine's Height can't be compare to Elric... xD

some scene are just too Hilarious I'm getting into this slapstick gag comedy.... hahaha

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
May 4, 2017 4:08 AM

Jun 2014
I figured that this episode was going to be one that I enjoyed, and enjoyed I did. Though it did lack a bit in the engagement department, it was still a really nice introduction and I was grinning like a complete idiot the whole time. Though the scene where Heine was reading Leonhard's dairy out of a window was hilarious.

I'm interested to see how this series will proceed with the rest of the interviews. Looking forward to both Kai and Licht's especially.
Jun 20, 2017 1:51 PM

Sep 2013
Shouta commoner tutor and the ikemen princes XD
Tutor's voice is deeper than I expected, leonhard is selfish but has a good heart.
Jun 28, 2017 3:28 AM

Mar 2013
Wow the teacher is the cutest, his stoic personality and childish appearance make him adorable, i'm def staying on this show for him. And the younger prince might be annoying but he's a baby ❤️ Pretty funny first episode!
Jul 23, 2017 6:58 PM

May 2013
LOLOL I'M LOVING THIS SO FAR XDDD

Step step step step step.... roll roll roll
HAHAHAHA, Heine-sensei is so cute xD

I like how he has a lack of facial expressions yet he can still be so likable and funny XD just in his very subtle way huehuehue C:
Oct 11, 2017 4:50 AM

Oct 2012
That was a cute episode xD
So the seiyuu, some of them are newcomers in seiyuu world? Some are actors?
Well I guess they're doing a good job!
"Signature removed"
Feb 15, 2018 9:23 AM

May 2012
While the art, animation and pacing are pretty good. I am not sure if this is an anime I will actually enjoy to be honest. But well let's see what's next.
Mar 18, 2018 5:43 PM
Mar 2017
In the comments on the anime page that I'm watching, they drop it for possible Yaoi / Gay ...
If they knew they were brothers, they would know that it would not happen
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
May 8, 2018 10:55 AM

Nov 2017
I liked how Heine got Leonhard to actually take the test, reading the diary and all. Looking forward to how he interacts with the rest of the princes
Apr 9, 2020 10:25 PM

Oct 2017
I would say that this is an okay-ish episode to start off the anime. Great introductions for the 4 princes since we were introduced to their individual personalities as well. Kai is really quiet uwu, gives me Risotto Nero vibes. Tbh I would understand why Leonhard hates personal tutors.
Is it just me or is the voice acting in this anime a bit off...?
Nevertheless, Imma continue since we're all in quarantine rn LOL.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Can i ask something....

yukiyamayui - Nov 12, 2023

5 by Senpai-no-lie »»
Nov 15, 2023 9:08 PM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 20, 2017

67 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 5, 2023 5:02 AM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - May 30, 2017

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 4, 2023 4:50 PM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - May 23, 2017

33 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 4, 2023 4:26 PM

Poll: » Oushitsu Kyoushi Haine Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Smudy - May 16, 2017

50 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Nov 4, 2023 3:38 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.