Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 13, 2010 2:13 PM
Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ok I'm gonna rant heavily about this episode.
So far I was loving this series. But this. This was really...
I mean...
ARE
THEY
SO
FUCKING
RETARDED
BEYOND
EVERY
POSSIBLE
IMAGINABLE
LIMIT
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

They had many, many chances to kill them, and what do they do??!?!?! THEY FUCKING RUN EVERY SINGLE GODDAMMIT TIME LIKE COMPLETE RETARDED MORONS INSTEAD OF KILLING THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who the fuck is the writer that came up with this plot and made the characters act like complete brainless idiots??!?!?!
They could kill the guy trapped in the cage with some spears, but no, let's run and give him the chance to break free!!
Then comes Kaoru. He's so skilled with his bow to be able to hit the guy's gun, AND HE DOES THAT INSTEAD OF KILLING HIM!!! Are you fucking stupid?!?!
And he proves again his level of retardness by not killing the girl with the whip.
Oh God, unbelieveble. Simply unbelieveble.
And obviously this was needed to bring the drama in the end, when they capture the stupid elephant. ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED TOO? YOU COULD SMASH THEM IN A SPLIT SECOND WITH YOUR WEIGHT!!!!

Seriously. I've never seen something THIS retarded.

Sorry for the rant, but this series started great, however when they introduced that stupid alien everything went downhill.
another_anonFeb 13, 2010 2:16 PM
May 22, 2013 2:47 PM

May 2013
Might as well necro this thread since it's empty anyways.

I agree with you to a point, but I think their failure to kill when given the chance is really just a lack of mental strength. Nobody wants to be a murderer, even if killing is obviously the best course of action. They probably just figured "hey, he's trapped in a cage, that's good enough, no need to kill him."

Also, give Pague a break. He's gotten used to humans around him, so he wouldn't attack without some serious provocation.
Sep 6, 2013 10:29 AM
Apr 2013
Of course they wouldn't kill them. What I thought was unrealistic was how the group really thought such traps would work, and even that the traps worked as far as they did. In addition, I think that they are very lucky not to have been killed by the bad guys (not the other way round :-P).

The dramatic moment at the end was well done.
Nov 28, 2016 3:40 AM

Oct 2014
yeah I hate that stupid alien too. and who the fuck cares about that elephant?
Aug 17, 2017 7:04 AM

Mar 2016
This is obviously not a series where the main characters are going to kill people. Learn to read the mood.
Mar 11, 2019 9:47 AM

Nov 2016
I mean I can't say for sure, but I think I wouldn't be able to kill someone either, unless I'm forced.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Oct 21, 2019 7:56 AM

Oct 2015
Damn those guys for using Pague as a hostage.

Wonder will they hand over the Gyrostabilizer for Pague?
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Apr 11, 2020 2:00 PM

Jan 2019
another_anon said:
ARE
THEY
SO
FUCKING
RETARDED
BEYOND
EVERY
POSSIBLE
IMAGINABLE
LIMIT
?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

They had many, many chances to kill them, and what do they do??!?!?! THEY FUCKING RUN EVERY SINGLE GODDAMMIT TIME LIKE COMPLETE RETARDED MORONS INSTEAD OF KILLING THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They're 14 years old, ofc they wouldn't come with the idea of killing those guys as if it was the easiest thing in the world. Like, most kids have problems killing small animals but they'd kill three guys without a second thought? That would be hella unrealistic.

Cnon said:
yeah I hate that stupid alien too. and who the fuck cares about that elephant?

It's the same as if somebody put a gun on your pet's head and threatens you with it? You wouldn't give a fuck about it, or you'd care about its safety?
May 14, 2021 11:27 AM
Dec 2019
The issue is complicated.
1) It's a kid's show. No matter what they were not going to have kids kill directly.
2) As it is a kid's show, writers need to be careful about how they're going about setting up the threats. When you put kids against killers the disparity in power is so great that you necessarily have to make contrived scenarios to keep the tension up, which is along the same lines as the guys from Home Alone falling for home-made traps. The kids not killing the villains would be more appropriate if they didn't write the villains as hardened killers, because otherwise you can excuse as the villains not being a threat to the protagonists' lives. I think these particular villains are misplaced for a series like this, because it's a kid's show yet you have them openly stating that they're going to kill for the fun of it, and they have the weapons to do so, but you also can't or won't let the protagonist use lethal force in response.
3) Yeah, the elephant thing was dumb. I don't think anyone in their right mind should have thought too much about giving up the elephant's life for their safety.
4) 14 year olds are freshmen in high school. They're definitely not too innocent to consider killing people when those people are serial killers trying to kill them.
5) Killing the enemies with a trap would have been anticlimatic from a storytelling standpoint so on that level there was also no way the traps were going to work, intent to kill or not. What they probably should have done was have traps that were intended to kill but the villains barely avoided them.
6) While in-story it is understandable to a degree that a child like Adam would get all emotional in a time like that, for the viewer it's just annoying to insert his drama in the middle of an action-based arc where everyone's lives are in danger because no one gives a damn.

All in all, I think the problems stem from choosing the wrong villains/wrong threat for a show like this. It's a similar problem to some Studio Ghibli movies (Castle in the Sky and Nausicaa) where they have villains with weapons and underpowered protagonists with no fighting capability yet they storyboard it in such a way that the protagonists always escape perfectly fine, and it's damn annoying.
RecynonMay 14, 2021 7:54 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mujin Wakusei Survive Episode 46 Discussion

danz - Dec 17, 2014

5 by kiwre »»
Jan 23, 11:11 PM

Poll: » Uninhabited Planet Survive Episode 42 Discussion

iTZAvishay - Sep 16, 2012

5 by kiwre »»
Jan 11, 11:22 PM

Poll: » Uninhabited Planet Survive Episode 52 Discussion

kisami - Feb 1, 2009

20 by HellindiuM »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Mujin Wakusei Survive Episode 36 Discussion

FMmatron - Mar 11, 2019

7 by HellindiuM »»
Sep 24, 2023 4:10 PM

» I just gotta Rant

fheggy101 - Jul 11, 2022

2 by MariusDarkblade »»
Jul 3, 2023 12:08 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.