Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 19, 2017 12:39 PM

Dec 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
And that was the final chapter of this manga.

Yuuta complains about all the "girls" he has fallen in love with. (Their teacher, Touko, who is just Youko's father in disguise. Shiho, who can transform into a guy. And then there's Nagisa's brother. Hahhahaha.)

Akari and Sakurada go on a date and meet Okada and Mikan, lol.
Okada and Mikan actually go on a date as well.
Even in college, there are vampires, haha. I guess some things just never change.

Wow, I have to say this manga is probably the first manga with this much character development for all the main and supporting characters. Everyone has as history and everyone has grown throughout their high school years. This truly is one of the best manga I have ever read. It was an emotional ride with twists at the most unexpected places.
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Feb 25, 2017 8:35 PM
Feb 2017
allenallenallen said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.

Yuuta complains about all the "girls" he has fallen in love with. (Their teacher, Touko, who is just Youko's father in disguise. Shiho, who can transform into a guy. And then there's Nagisa's brother. Hahhahaha.)

Even in college, there are vampires, haha. I guess some things just never change.

Wow, I have to say this manga is probably the first manga with this much character development for all the main and supporting characters. Everyone has as history and everyone has grown throughout their high school years. This truly is one of the best manga I have ever read. It was an emotional ride with twists at the most unexpected places.

I think that young girl is Youko and Asahi's daughter.
I haven't seen an english translation yet sadly.
Dreaded_SmileFeb 25, 2017 8:39 PM
Feb 25, 2017 8:43 PM

Dec 2010
Dreaded_Smile said:
allenallenallen said:

I think that young girl is Youko and Asahi's daughter.
I haven't seen an english translation yet sadly.

She's not. Their child hasn't even been born yet.

I'm pretty sure it's just another vampire. It's just like how Asahi met Youko in their empty classroom back in high school, they also met another vampire in an empty classroom in college. Meaning their adventure hasn't ended yet.
I read Manga in both English and Chinese.
Nov 22, 2017 7:11 PM

Dec 2013
One of the most satisfying conclusions to a manga I have ever read.

Shima finally learned the trutg about his harem LOL

So many emotional moments in this final chapter. I’m going to really miss it.
Nov 22, 2017 7:12 PM

Nov 2011
This was overall a damn fun ride from start to end.

At first, I thought the final few chapters were kinda meh but after looking back, it's the journey that mattered more than the destination. Graduation completed and these characters have a future to look towards to.

7/10.

Season 2 please?
Nov 23, 2017 12:07 AM

Oct 2014

Gladly, not all characters got a happy ending though

Good enough point to end as it was going sluggish since all the developments were already done. Also a not spoiled christmas cake character, what a time to be alive.
I don't know why people write that they are approachable persons,
if you were you wouldn't be on MAL.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extended families or lovers on MAL are a farce.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nov 23, 2017 12:40 AM
Feb 2014
What a ride. I mean there was maybe a bit too much filler chapters but damn was that one of the most fun manga I've read. 8/10
Nov 23, 2017 3:08 AM

Jul 2015
Great that they knew when to end it instead of dragging out like most titles in the genre. The ending was conclusive too which is quite rare nowadays. Let’s hope we get a university spinoff UwU
Nov 23, 2017 4:14 AM

Sep 2007
They finally broke Shimada. Oh, well

What an incredibly fun series. After the dumpster fire that Nisekoi ended up being, Jitsu wa Watashi wa is a breath of fresh air. And all the characters are so lovable (well, maybe except Shimada. And Nagisa's brother. Come to think of it, they made a great couple)

9/10 would read again

season 2 when
Nov 23, 2017 4:56 AM

Oct 2013
And so it ends (or rather, fan translation finally caught up since this ended months ago). It was a good ride.
Signature.
Nov 23, 2017 6:55 AM
Nov 2017
Well that was fun. Absolutely loved the manga and glad they kept it true to itself all the way through to the end. Every character had their story and actually progressed through the series instead if being static like so many others. Every first impression was overturned as we learned more about them and saw them grow. Its sad it ended but I'm glad they finished it so nicely. I'm gonna miss looking forward to what happens next, but at least I can re-read it later and get taken back again
Nov 23, 2017 11:09 AM
Apr 2017
This is one of the best manga ever!!!! I don't know what to say now, every single character felt like a real person. Despite the paranormal elements, it's like if you go take a walk on the street, you just might find one of them being silly and laughing out loud. Every one of them were remarkable. I just want to say thanks to the author for making such a wonderfull manga, and for make me laugh, cry and learn so much.
Nov 23, 2017 5:36 PM

Mar 2015
10/10

very colorful series, one of the best!
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Nov 30, 2017 4:09 AM

Jul 2015
My favorite, period.
Nov 30, 2017 4:11 PM
Oct 2013
10/10. read the entire manga from start to finish one more time before starting the final chapter, and the little things that you notice once you have future knowledge, the character development given to not just the MC and his harem, but to even the side characters, was simply magnificent. the interweaving relationships breathed life into the characters in ways that very few manga i can name, have ever done. the side bros actually felt like legitimate BROS,all the way through the story, and not just some tacked on characters like so many other romcoms seem to use them. the ladies of the story actually grew together, and became true BROS (SIS'S?). and even the background characters came to the forefront in believable, surprising, and wonderful ways.

but unquestionably, the best character in the manga, was akane. her antics, both hilarious, malicious, educational, and selfish, amplified the comedy, and helped push the plot as lightly, or as heavily as required, without even once feeling forced to me.

I don't think i've ever seen a manga do what this one has in just 196 chapters (plus omakes). Respect. to this manga, to the author, to the editors, to the artists, and i hope he brings another work to the table, with a magic similar to what he gave us with this hidden, but beautifuly polished gem.

and my nearly undying hatred for whoever made the anime.
yep. I Have no idea what I'm doing, but I enjoy my life all the more because of it.
May 17, 2018 5:58 PM

Mar 2014
Maybe 3 months later but finally read the last chapter (and that sweet final omake), a very lovely journey with awesome goldy comedy and a good character progression for every damn character (just was missing Karen get back her halo in that ending xD).

I can read randomly a chapter again and keep enjoying them, very well made manga 10/10
Aug 9, 2018 5:30 PM

Aug 2015
It had ups and downs. But the last couple of arcs were goddamn amazing. Youko is bae. 9/10
The only opinion that should matter to you is yours.
Jan 30, 2019 1:09 PM

Nov 2014
Very, very solid ending. It couldn't be more conclusive and satisfying. This manga had some weak/boring moments, but overall it was really funny and this whole last arc(s?) bumped my score by 1 on its own.
Sep 2, 2019 10:59 PM

Jun 2015
This was a really good ending. Things seemed a bit muddled at times but the end was so satisfying.
:)
May 19, 2020 10:41 PM
Aug 2018
Absolutely one of the best manga I have ever read. I started reading this manga without any expectation, and turns out one of the most beautifully made manga I have ever read.

It's quite sad it ended, the last chapter gave me a satisfaction feeling of what I could ever wish for the perfect ending for a series.
Jan 29, 2021 1:24 AM

Jun 2020
I didn't post on any discussion for this manga due to the fact that it was no use due to the fact I started reading it long after it was finished. But I have to say this is probably one of the best pieces of media I consumed.

This manga knew exactly what it was early on and ran with it. Despite the hiccups along the way, it was consistently good. It handled comedy and drama so well and I could not put it down when I found the free time to read it. I can honestly say that I am so glad I found this series and started to read it on a whim back in November of last year, because it was honestly worth the ride, and I have no regrets doing it.

Awesome series, I loved every panel 10/10
Have a great day!

Dec 8, 2022 9:33 AM
Oct 2021
Loves the whole chapter tho I was hoping to see their child ngl but still a rlly satisfying end
Jan 24, 2023 9:12 AM

May 2009
SoulLandz said:
Loves the whole chapter tho I was hoping to see their child ngl but still a rlly satisfying end

She has cameo in his newest manga.
Mar 9, 2023 2:15 PM

Sep 2011
Randomly remembered the anime existed and decided to read the manga.  Holy cow, this was great.
May 17, 2023 12:40 PM
Jan 2018
Would have been nice to see them as teachers but they probably achieved that eventually as they went to uni/college.

After all the talk about the future it would have been nice to see few hints at how everyone els future becomes as it seems everyone future changed ??? , unless the future for shio and mikan is the same? And class prez?. Would be rather said if class rep doesn’t see them anymore. But that’s probably no issue.

And from the looks of the chapter where we see alt future youko she gets a good end finally? Reuniting with alt future ashi ? After rin finds her ..

Now after finishing this I feel a bit hollow and sad because a enjoyed reading this.
Mattinator95May 17, 2023 8:55 PM
Jan 16, 4:57 AM

Jan 2012
And so we end with graduation, the beginning of college, and new lives for everyone together.

Phew, finally done. This was one of those series I started many years ago, but because I decided to collect it physically and several volumes became either out of print or just plain rare and difficult to get before I actually bought them I ended up having to put this on hold for a long time. But finally I completed my collection and thus the story. In hindsight I'm not sure it was worth the wait I'm sorry to say. This last arc in particular involving Shirayuki and Genjirou's past rang a bit hollow to me. All it made me do was feel terrible for Genjirou. I guess I liked that the author did have his 4 friends(the obvious fill-ins for Asahi's friends in the present and class rep) show up at graduation in the last couple chapters at least, after abandoning him decades earlier. That abandonment really stuck in my craw as I read it so at least the author addressed it somewhat. But still, Genjirou deserved better.

As for the rest of these concluding chapters? Fine, I guess. A bit saccharine, but fine. And the series itself? Also fine. Several gags were too repetitive as is the nature of long running gag series I suppose. Certain characters were more enjoyable than others, the plot felt muddled at times even when it wasn't supposed to for the sake of the gags. I'm referring mostly to some of the time travel shenanigans. If I had it to do over again I dunno that I'd have bothered collecting this, but I suppose it's hard when you're reading any series stretched out over such an artificially long duration. Maybe I'd have liked it more had I finished it years ago, closer to when I began it, who knows? I'll give it a mildly generous 7/10, but this is definitely on the lower end of the series in my collection. Ah well.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jitsu wa Watashi wa Chapter 189 Discussion

allenallenallen - Jan 17, 2017

11 by Schernobyl »»
Jan 26, 4:08 PM

Poll: » Jitsu wa Watashi wa Chapter 142 Discussion

Nilvius - Aug 18, 2016

8 by CHILLEDPHOENIX »»
Nov 24, 2023 1:52 AM

» Any chance for a manga accurate adaptation?

Dudeh - Aug 21, 2023

2 by Dudeh »»
Aug 22, 2023 3:54 AM

» I feel lost

EpiclyYY - May 31, 2023

2 by Dudeh »»
Jun 25, 2023 4:28 PM

Poll: » Jitsu wa Watashi wa Chapter 164 Discussion

G_Spark233 - Apr 5, 2017

6 by -Arhael- »»
Jun 22, 2023 6:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.