Forum Settings
Forums

Mini Game v8: The Twins Mafia | Game End - And the Beast Dances (Mafia Wins)

New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (27) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Feb 20, 2017 2:33 PM

Aug 2013
CorruptedPurity said:

Claire has long periods of inactivity followed by short bursts of productive posts. I would call her out on that as from what I remember (years ago), she is one of those consistently active players. It could be personal reasons and she did have productive posts so not much complaining there.

Last exam today. Wish me luck.
in defense of Claire, she is also playing two games with me and as well as Grapefruit. This seems in character for the other two games I played with her before, so I am leaning towards personal reasons than game play style for not posting more.

Feb 20, 2017 2:41 PM

Dec 2016
To those pointing out my non lurker lurking when I posted that I was in three games at once. Within 3 hours of that post I was dead in one of them giving me more time to dedicate to this one.

Also I technically tried to drop from the signup thread (and Denjax even replied to it) but I got a role PM anyway.

Lastly I said similar things about not caring in Disgaea mafia, but was on the higher end of posters despite asking for a replacement D1 (and never getting it RIP me).
Feb 20, 2017 2:46 PM

Sep 2016
Grapefruit21 said:

Anyway analysis time:
As mishu pointed out RE's enterance was awkward and super self aware. I haven't stopped disliking the posts about lynching herself even if they were jokey. Scum+

Very subjective.

Their response to logic is null. The host stuff is pure fluff and NAI. The other part is continued downplaying of a bad post. I want it to be scummy, but it could come from either alignment.

The next one continues to play down the joke as if it was nothing. I don't like the continued focus on this. It can come from either side, but given the lack of pressure I can't quite see it from a town POV. It's a weird thing to keep bringing up to dismiss as town.

Where do I continue to play down the joke? I only recall explaining it once, and that was when it was questioned.

Here's the big one. RE's case on me. They point out rightly that Mishu hadn't posted in ages. Fair. Everything else though I dislike. They shade my trust of Mishu, but don't ask me about it. They say I was scum reading Rosie by linking to a post where I was telling Rosie I wasn't scum reading her! Let me make that clear: They attempted to discredit my read by saying it was whiplash from another one that I didn't make. My quote in the linked post is this:
Grapefruit said:
Rosie point to where I scum read you.

And this page is making me rethink what I'd said earlier. 158 is gross.

Yes I said her answering a question not for her is gross, but in the same post I said I wasn't scum reading her!

Anyway even if I had scum read Rosie, why would doing that at the top of the thread be a contradiction to me rereading old posts and forming a stronger opinion on something that happened earlier. This "Contradiction" that is the basis of several reads is BS. And started by the person I was voting. Makes me feel like this vote hit a nerve to drive this sort of slimy, misdirecting defense.

If I "shade" your trust of Mishu, is that not the same as questioning it? Plus one or two other players already asked you why, and asking again would be redundant thus I felt no need to. As for what happened with Rosie, you were scum reading her. "Gross" means suspicious, no? Yeah you didn't vote for her, but you definitely weren't hiding your suspicions of her.

Okay last quote: @RE1031 I must not have made myself clear. I also didn't like your early game. I just didn't realize it till Mishu brought it up and I saw your response to it. The one I can't explain why I don't like but said burn it with fire about. My reasons are Mishu's and some of my own. Second there wasn't a vote change, I never voted Rosie. You can check the lovely vote tracker our awesome hosts are keeping in their Vote Counts. It's a wonderful tool. Now please stop saying things that aren't true about me. Or do, and I'll lynch you for them.

Also, do me a favor. Please don't interchangeably use "didn't like" with you being suspicious, it's frankly really irritating and difficult to see it as anything but personal aggression.
...better to be hated for what you are than loved for something you are not.
Feb 20, 2017 2:59 PM

Dec 2016
@RE1031 I'll try to change the don't like thing, but it's super common lexicon on my other site and kind of an ingrained habit.

Onto the defense:
Point 1: yes finding an entrance scummy is subjective. Hence why I've said I trust mishu and expressed that it's my opinion. It is also not my only point.

Point 2: I quoted two posts in my spoiler. I said the first could come from either. The second response to logic I found a bit more suspect.

I used shade because you didn't ask me about it. You pointedly asked Mishu why I'd trust them and not me. Why would Mishu know that? And why would mishu's opinion matter to you as town? It's a way to discredit my post without directly interacting with it. The redundancy part is fair, but why bring up the trust at all?

As for my read on Rosie I was being obnoxious to point out to Rosie I wasn't scum reading her. I didn't see 158 as towny, because I never see people answering other's questions as towny, but I didn't scum read her for it or I wouldn't have pointed out in the same post that I hadn't scum read Rosie at all.

Edit: Used didn't like as find scummy like four times. Changed it.
Feb 20, 2017 3:08 PM

Dec 2013
Grapefruit21 said:
@logic340 @Shinichi-kun @Mishukax I can point you to the offsite game overwatch mafia where two tells were huge in catching mafia D1. Nuetral hunting and answering questions directed at other people. It's a contextual thing where inserting yourself into the question should in theory make you look better.

@Zymf With Sleip as scum I would have expected him to act with a bit more urgency. I know scum like to difuse situations by not posting content and that's kind of what he did. But his theory post rang town given his behavior in other games I've played with him. And re: repeating myself several people are still referring to a contradiction that doesn't exist as reason for scum reading me. That's why I keep repeating myself.

@Mishukax I'm still trusting you if that's what you mean when you ask what I think when you no longer scum read RE1031. But I still have a few things pinging me about Re. I'll do an Iso and expand on it later.

@_Claire_ I said it early but I'm giving up trying to read Rosie. I find her scummy every time so clearly I'm off the mark. I think she's scummy this time too, but I'm tired of being wrong on her.

@logic340 I said I might be biased on Shin because I don't know if I can separate my feeling from him town reading me after his PBPA from seeing the rest of his behavior as towny. Which I do.

I think my entire wagon is town. I do not think there is scum on it anymore (if I said I did before. Can't remember, can't be bothered to dig through the thread again)

i mean it can obviously working im just saying that i do it regardless of my alignment thats all

Feb 20, 2017 3:13 PM

Sep 2016
Grapefruit21 said:
@RE1031 I'll try to change the don't like thing, but it's super common lexicon on my other site and kind of an ingrained habit.

Sorry on my part as well, if it's a habit with no meaning behind it, then it's really no big deal. Just the heat of the discussion affected my tone.

Onto the defense:
Point 1: yes not liking an entrance is subjective. Hence why I've said I trust mishu and expressed that it's my opinion. It is also not my only point.

Point 2: I quoted two posts in my spoiler. I said the first could come from either. The second response to logic I didn't like as much.

Well, there's nothing really I can say about that. I was elaborating, yeah I guess unnecessary, but at the time I felt it needed explanation if that was going to make me a suspect.

I used shade because you didn't ask me about it. You pointedly asked Mishu why I'd trust them and not me. Why would Mishu know that? And why would mishu's opinion matter to you as town? It's a way to discredit my post without directly interacting with it. The redundancy part is fair, but why bring up the trust at all?

It creates a conflict. If two people are voting or have their eye on a player for being suspicious but for different reasons, then you're going to have doubt if either reasoning is valid. I didn't know if Mishu would know why you trusted them, but I'd rather go both directions than just one.

As for my read on Rosie I was being obnoxious to point out to Rosie I wasn't scum reading her. I didn't like 158, because I never like people answering other's questions, but I didn't scum read her for it or I wouldn't have pointed out in the same post that I hadn't scum read Rosie at all.

Sorry about that as well, I misread and it seemed like a scum read. The issue about changing suddenly isn't an issue anymore, so I guess you seem more innocent? It's a bit weird though that you're so sure.
Feb 20, 2017 3:25 PM

Dec 2016
@RE1031 Nah I'd never noticed it before because I'd just been doing it, but you are totally correct that it comes off as very personal. I'm going to try and change. Even if it's tough. I did go back and fix all the times I said it in the post you just quoted so I'm trying...

Only rebuttal I have to your post is by sheeping Mishu I'm saying I like their reasons and using them as my own. Mishu had actually backtracked since then, but I kind of missed that at the time because I wasn't paying the most attention (but I think you're mafia so I'm glad I did). I was agreeing on the early game parts and elaborating that the later post is what made it (mishu's early game read) click.
Feb 20, 2017 3:27 PM

Dec 2016
Shinichi-Kun said:

i mean it can obviously working im just saying that i do it regardless of my alignment thats all

And I think it's on average a good tell so I'll keep erroneously being pinged by your posts that hijack other people's questions.
Feb 20, 2017 3:43 PM
Jun 2016
Hmm, let's see. I'm gonna keep my vote for now but I'm gonna go back and reread everything and see what I can come up with. I've gotta do a few assignments but I'll be back on in an hour or two. I'm definitely going to look into sleipnirr because I do like the aggressiveness. This could be nothing since cross was also fairly aggressive in my eyes and flipped town, but I'm gonna look into him just in case
Feb 20, 2017 3:47 PM

Sep 2016
Grapefruit21 said:
@RE1031 Nah I'd never noticed it before because I'd just been doing it, but you are totally correct that it comes off as very personal. I'm going to try and change. Even if it's tough. I did go back and fix all the times I said it in the post you just quoted so I'm trying...

Only rebuttal I have to your post is by sheeping Mishu I'm saying I like their reasons and using them as my own. Mishu had actually backtracked since then, but I kind of missed that at the time because I wasn't paying the most attention (but I think you're mafia so I'm glad I did). I was agreeing on the early game parts and elaborating that the later post is what made it (mishu's early game read) click.

Well you don't seem like mafia anymore than anyone else, so I'm not going to pursue that direction. The least I can say is hopefully by night 1/day 2 (if I don't get lynched) I'll be able to prove my innocence.
Feb 20, 2017 4:17 PM

Jan 2010
Looking over my first read list and thinking about where things stand now I'll say this before a reread and ISO's.
Not willing to lynch today: Grapefruit, Sollux, Mishu,
On the bubble: Claire, Shinichi, Zymf, CorruptedPurity, Oyasumi_Rosie
Could be persuaded: RE1031, Sleipnirr
Need more info: Phraze, TheConquerer, Red_Salmon

With this being said I'm having a break to pay done far cry will answer any pings when I return then get to work.
Proud Administrator of the D Gray Man FC and OnePunch-Man FC

Feb 20, 2017 5:01 PM

Dec 2016
logic340 said:
Looking over my first read list and thinking about where things stand now I'll say this before a reread and ISO's.

With this being said I'm having a break to pay done far cry will answer any pings when I return then get to work.

Was my case not convincing enough? Or just convincing you that I'm not scum? Because you should be voting with me.
Feb 20, 2017 5:59 PM

Jan 2010
Grapefruit21 said:
logic340 said:

Was my case not convincing enough? Or just convincing you that I'm not scum? Because you should be voting with me.
I need to look closer at it. I'm back now and will get to it shortly.

Feb 20, 2017 6:27 PM

Nov 2008
Vote Count 1.6

[ 2 ] Grapefruit21 - Sollux16, Zymf
[ 1 ] Oyasumi_Rosie - _Claire_
[ 1 ] TheConquerer - Phraze
[ 1 ] Phraze - RE1031
[ 1 ] logic340 - Red_Salmon
[ 1 ] RE1031 - Grapefruit21
[ 1 ] Sollux16 - Sleipnirr
[ 1 ] Red_Salmon - TheConquerer

Not Voting
Mishukax, Shinichi-Kun, logic340, CorruptedPurity, Oyasumi_Rosie

Mod Note(s)
I am best grill.

Vote Track 1.6

Shinichi-Kun: TheConquerer -> Unvote
Zymf: Oyasumi_Rosie -> Grapefruit21
logic340: Zymf -> Oyasumi_Rosie -> Grapefruit21 -> Unvote -> Grapefruit21 -> Unvote
Sleipnirr: Red_Salmon -> Zymf -> Sollux16
Red_Salmon: logic340
Grapefruit21: RE1301
Phraze: TheConquerer
Oyasumi_Rosie: Grapefruit21 -> Zymf -> Sleipnirr -> Zymf -> Unvote -> _Claire_ -> Unvote
Sollux16: Zymf -> Grapefruit21
_Claire_: Shinichi-Kun -> Oyasumi_Rosie
RE1031: Phraze
TheConquerer: Red_Salmon
CorruptedPurity: Grapefruit21 -> Unvote
Mishukax:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .anime . manga . updates . ♫♪ . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Feb 20, 2017 6:31 PM

May 2013
I'm not sure where people are coming from when they say everyone on the Grape train is a townie (don't remember who said that but anyway). Why is that? Seemed to me like it was super acceptable at that point to shift onto Grape, so I could definitely see a scum on there - unless Grape is scum himself. Sollux voted first by pointing out Grape's questionable play and said that in his opinion Grape was contradicting himself.
Then logic voted, by saying it's weird that Grape is trusting me on voting someone that even me isn't voting for.
Then CorruptedPurity came in, looking almost in shock at Grape's vote. "I don't just wanna hop on the train but this one post just brings up all the bad vibes I have. " Then he also argued that Grape was contradicting himself in some way.
Then logic revoted (he unvoted to 'reevaluate' the situation or something) agreeing with your reasoning.

There's something about the way people started questioning Grape about in harmony that makes me think a mafia is blending somewhere in this lot. Or did Grape's behavior/vote really look that scummy? I don't really feel this way. But hey, he was agreeing with me afterall, so I might not see right.
CorruptedPurity said:
Mishu, who is your current fos?

Sleipnirr is in first place. I don't know how wrong I am, I don't know this guy, but in general he has been acting the most scummy in my eyes.
CorruptedPurity said:
Imo, logic is my biggest town-read due to the nature and helpfulness of his posts.

The thing though, is that he's always been this helpful in all these town games of his, so I expect him to do the same as mafia. Scary. I strongly agree that helpful posts = townie because it is usually pretty easy to see whether the good intent is there or not, so really, if I put my paranoia aside, logic is a decently town-looking player. I wouldn't want to lynch him today.
Good luck on your exam!
Feb 20, 2017 6:35 PM

May 2013
@Phraze who is your candidate #1, and why would you vote for him?
Feb 20, 2017 6:45 PM

May 2013
This phase is not gonna end on a pretty time for me... I could be out for the whole 12-13h before it. I'll give the phase a (possibly) final thought and put down a vote.

If Phraze answers my question too late and I'm not there to interpret her answer, too bad.
MishukaxFeb 20, 2017 7:15 PM
Feb 20, 2017 7:47 PM

Dec 2016
I'm also probably not going to be around for the phase change. That said I'm happy with my vote.

@Mishukax I think the way my wagon dispersed is reasonably towny. Like everyone was caught up on a contradiction that didn't exist because I don't always articulate my thoughts well. Well that and a misleading post by RE1031 that garnered some attention.
Feb 20, 2017 8:18 PM

Dec 2013
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
Shinichi-Kun said:
Oyasumi_rosie

For a moment just pretend like claire isnt in this game so you stop tunneling her as much as she is tunneling you.

WHo do you think we should focus on?
hmm, there isn't anyone who strikes me as scum though.

I get this weird feeling from Grapefruit saying is is going to lurker, but then contingent to post the way he normally does. This isn't to say it's scummy but weird.it helps that logic is voting for him. I know I joke about it but I seriously never played a game where logic didn't vote for town.

I feel like Logic is playing like his usual self, but I can't help but feeling that I am too comfortable with him. Right now he is my friend though.

Sollux reads newbie to me still, but I like their posts. I feel like they are trying to understand the game and I appreciate that, even if I think their thinking is wrong.

Zymf is confirmed town as far as I care.

Everyone else is either people I haven't really thought about or haven't played with them before. I will give you a better list when I get home thpugh. Sorry about this.

Everyones to comfortable with logic but im wary of him.

WHy is zymf confirmed town?

And ya i get that same feeling from sollux but i wont overlook him for long.

A Better list would be much appreciated :D

Feb 20, 2017 8:19 PM

Dec 2013
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
unvote

My vote on Claire was a clear Omgys so I am just taking it back now.

Was waiting for you to do this yourself good job :D

Feb 20, 2017 8:39 PM

Aug 2013
Shinichi-Kun said:
Oyasumi_Rosie said:

I get this weird feeling from Grapefruit saying is is going to lurker, but then contingent to post the way he normally does. This isn't to say it's scummy but weird.it helps that logic is voting for him. I know I joke about it but I seriously never played a game where logic didn't vote for town.

I feel like Logic is playing like his usual self, but I can't help but feeling that I am too comfortable with him. Right now he is my friend though.

Sollux reads newbie to me still, but I like their posts. I feel like they are trying to understand the game and I appreciate that, even if I think their thinking is wrong.

Everyone else is either people I haven't really thought about or haven't played with them before. I will give you a better list when I get home thpugh. Sorry about this.

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1593320&show=300#msg49736245

My reasons why Zymf is confirmed town.

Working on a better list now.

Feb 20, 2017 9:03 PM

Aug 2013
So... this isn't much, but its what I got....

Player analysis based on what has happened, plus previous games

So I feel like I still got nothing.... D1 are gut feeling days. I got lucky once in Fairy tale and helped lynch mafia by accident, but that was it...

Feb 20, 2017 9:09 PM

May 2013
#30 and #45 - he's poking others a little forcefully for things he thinks they've been doing wrong when compared to his own way of doing things.
#80 VS 245 - I disagree with his reasons for voting Zymf (Zymf looks uncomfortable with a vote on him, Zymf looks like he's sure Salmon will turn up town), and not only do I disagree with them, they don't even look to be true at all. And the unvote looks way clumsy. "The only reason I changed my vote to him was to put pressure on him and maybe make him slip.", then compromising for the benefit (?) of town with "I believe both of them are town so we should look for another lynch target."
These are all posts that make me think Sleipnirr is scum. At least, above the others. I'm more one to decide on townreads (sometimes even early on) and putting the rest in the scummy basket, but I tried picking someone. Looking at it, there are so many posts of him which rub me the wrong way that I'm starting to suspect if I'm just entirely ignorant of the way he plays the game, but I'd like to think that the above things don't make him look good.
_Claire_ said:
Sounds like Sleipnirr too lol

Is Sleipnirr's game so far similar to when he was mislynched in the past?
Feb 20, 2017 9:09 PM

Jan 2010
Phraze:

Thoughts:
Not a whole lot to go on here. Reads are all over the place. Votes TheConquerer but not her scum reads? Seems oddly concerned about RE's RVS vote. Very much absent and not hitting the ten game related post minimum. Does this make her scum? Not necessarily but there surely isn't enough to clear or condemn her on. I'd say this feels more like Disgaea Phrase (town) than Haruhi Phraze (scum). Less to go on than I thought there was at this point.

@Phraze I would love some answers as to why you scum reads Sollux and Salmon? Do you scum read Conq more then the other two? What does your Sleip is a good player comment mean? Who are you seriously voting for?

Shinichi-Kun

Thoughts:
The sheer volume of post is a townie look but lets get deeper than that. He's had interactions with almost every player so far (minus Phraze, CorruptPurity, and ). Though he has interactions with a lot of people I wouldn't call them all meaningful. I can see where his playstyle can be seen as scummy to people (especially since there isn't a big difference between the two). I can see a lot of townie qualities and posts but there just feels like something is lacking that would tie it all together. I can see scum doing pretty much what Shinichi is doing to this point so I cannot put him on the town side of neutral.
I really like his ISO on Graperfruit it's a townie post but it's really the only one of it's kind so far. I also like #98, #259, #289, and #311. Posts I don't like: #107 and #269 - These feel like they could be an attempt to pocket me but they feel weird because I have only played with Town Shinichi once and he has beaten me twice as scum (though he was bussed D1 and Repped out of the other). Over all I am neutral and willing to hear arguments either way. The intent can be seen from both town and scum imo and outside of the town read on Grapefruit there isn't much of Shinichi's actual thoughts on the game that I am seeing. I like and I don't like #369 he asks a good question and wants a better list but hasn't put out a list of his own. Not a lot that is alignment indicative to my untrained eye but I am sure it is there I will be referring back to this.

@Shinichi-kun I don't like demanding read lists because they seem forced but can you give 3 you would lynch today and 3 you would not? Reasons would be nice too. Thoughts on the overall gamestate right now?

Red_Salmon

Thoughts:
When he first voted for me I figure hey it just RVS. When he came back and said my time as town was up I though he was joking. Now that I know he is serious I don't know what to think. He has no real reason to be voting me and I see little effort to look elsewhere for when he realizes or finds out he's off-base. He revisited how he felt about Rosie would like to see that happen with me and Grapefruit. Response to Sleipnirr's question gave me a sight town vibe due to how honest it seemed (scum don't need to be so open) but I have not seen much since then that says town. Other than suspecting me Rosie and Grapefruit are/were safe choices at the time. I am not seeing that game solving mentality nor the lost I don't know who to trust paranoia going on. Not seeing a whole lot that points to alignment and the things I do I don't like but they are related to me so I know there is bias there. I am a little surprised that no one (maybe one other person did besides me) has really questioned has really questioned the reasoning behind this vote on me.

@Red_Salmon let's say I die and flip town where are you looking next? Does me being town change the way you view other players? What are your thoughts on players other than me, Rosie, and Grapefruit? No I am not worried about your vote on me but I do feel the time could be better served looking for a real mafia to lynch. Even if you are sold on me being mafia entertain the idea of me being town and work with me on catching scum.

Feb 20, 2017 9:18 PM

May 2013
Oyasumi_Rosie said:

Why does this analysis (except on Grape and Claire) look like it could have been made in the first game hour? I don't blame you for having pretty much nothing though because I know like 4.5 of the people in here and I'm not good at organizing my thoughts to present them to others (this has proven to be a problem in earlier games but I do my best, haha).

I'd say if you reaaally don't know who to place your vote on, follow your gut over what others tell you to do (if you ever get told what you should do to "help town" - these sort of comments often come from mafia).
Feb 20, 2017 9:21 PM

Jan 2010
Mishukax said:
#30 and #45 - he's poking others a little forcefully for things he thinks they've been doing wrong when compared to his own way of doing things.
#80 VS 245 - I disagree with his reasons for voting Zymf (Zymf looks uncomfortable with a vote on him, Zymf looks like he's sure Salmon will turn up town), and not only do I disagree with them, they don't even look to be true at all. And the unvote looks way clumsy. "The only reason I changed my vote to him was to put pressure on him and maybe make him slip.", then compromising for the benefit (?) of town with "I believe both of them are town so we should look for another lynch target."
These are all posts that make me think Sleipnirr is scum. At least, above the others. I'm more one to decide on townreads (sometimes even early on) and putting the rest in the scummy basket, but I tried picking someone. Looking at it, there are so many posts of him which rub me the wrong way that I'm starting to suspect if I'm just entirely ignorant of the way he plays the game, but I'd like to think that the above things don't make him look good.
_Claire_ said:

Hmm....I as going to look at Sleipnirr here as well. Post #50 has rubbed me the wrong way but I am not sure how to articulate it or if it is even relevant. Here he tells Red_Salmon "you are town and only power town has is their power vote so you should always vote even if its a random person." Not only is he being forceful their as you stated but he told Salmon "you are town". Shouldn't he be questioning whether they are town or not? I would have expected to see "if you are town" but that's not what he did. Is this a slip? maybe, maybe not. I feel like I am thinking too much but every time I see it I'm like ugh.... I agree with you points on the Zymf vote and I really didn't like his vote on Sollux either. I will also add more to this analysis but I think I would be willing to vote here. I already kind of put it out there earlier while talking to Sleipnirr about this playstyle and how it is jarring to me.

Feb 20, 2017 9:23 PM

May 2013
Vote: Sleipnirr

Oh dear, a huge post from logic. Wonderful, but no time to interpret it now. Sad face.
Feb 20, 2017 9:23 PM

Dec 2013
logic340 said:

what does on the bubble mean lol?

Feb 20, 2017 9:25 PM

Dec 2013
Oyasumi_Rosie said:

So I feel like I still got nothing.... D1 are gut feeling days. I got lucky once in Fairy tale and helped lynch mafia by accident, but that was it...

zymf is not confirmed town for us just you lol

Also dont u have more on me sheesh :(

Feb 20, 2017 9:26 PM

Aug 2013
Shinichi-Kun said:
Oyasumi_Rosie said:

zymf is not confirmed town for us just you lol

Also dont u have more on me sheesh :(

That is the only confirmed town I mean.

And nope, you seem like a big brother type to me right now, that is all.
//edit: quoted twice

Feb 20, 2017 9:30 PM

Dec 2013
@logic340 cant believe u actually grabbed all those posts lol

Town Read:
Sollux
Rosie
GrapeFruit-Idk what people see so bad about him cause nothing strikes him as being scum

Scum Read
Sleipnirr-For his wierd aggresiveness
Mishu-Mainly for posting somethingthat caused a stir but dissapeared for a while after that

Feb 20, 2017 9:31 PM

Aug 2013
Shinichi-Kun said:

Town Read:
Sollux
Rosie
GrapeFruit-Idk what people see so bad about him cause nothing strikes him as being scum

Scum Read
Mishu-Mainly for posting somethingthat caused a stir but dissapeared for a while after that

Have you played a game with Grapefruit before? It seems like a few people who are scum reading him now have played games with him before..

Feb 20, 2017 9:32 PM

Jan 2010
Shinichi-Kun said:
logic340 said:

what does on the bubble mean lol?
mean in between not lynching and being persuaded.

Feb 20, 2017 9:32 PM

Dec 2013
Mishukax said:

Oh dear, a huge post from logic. Wonderful, but no time to interpret it now. Sad face.

what does ur sentence have to do with your vote.

Feb 20, 2017 9:33 PM

Dec 2013
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

Town Read:
Sollux
Rosie

Scum Read

Have you played a game with Grapefruit before? It seems like a few people who are scum reading him now have played games with him before..

Yes but even then meta is a good basis but you cant be like i wanna lynch him cause hes clearly acting the same as another scum game.

Ediot Pretty sure i have i could be wrong.

Feb 20, 2017 9:37 PM

Jan 2010
Shinichi-Kun said:
Mishukax said:

the vote was explained here in

Shinichi-Kun said:
Oyasumi_Rosie said:

Yes but even then meta is a good basis but you cant be like i wanna lynch him cause hes clearly acting the same as another scum game.

Disgaea we were all town together.

Feb 20, 2017 10:21 PM

Dec 2014
Boy I wonder why the examiner didn't provide me with lube if they're going to screw me this hard. On a positive note, I'm completely free now. I'll make more analytic and contributive posts when I reach home. Im on mobile currently and typing this shit out is hard.
Feb 20, 2017 10:23 PM

Sep 2016
Grapefruit21 said:
I'm also probably not going to be around for the phase change. That said I'm happy with my vote.

@Mishukax I think the way my wagon dispersed is reasonably towny. Like everyone was caught up on a contradiction that didn't exist because I don't always articulate my thoughts well. Well that and a misleading post by RE1031 that garnered some attention.

Again, the way you are so certain is really weird. The only thing stopping me from not voting for you is the last game I played (when I was a townie), there was a player who was also almost certain I was scum, and as it turned out he was a townie.

logic340 said:
Phraze:

Thoughts:
Not a whole lot to go on here. Reads are all over the place. Votes TheConquerer but not her scum reads? Seems oddly concerned about RE's RVS vote. Very much absent and not hitting the ten game related post minimum. Does this make her scum? Not necessarily but there surely isn't enough to clear or condemn her on. I'd say this feels more like Disgaea Phrase (town) than Haruhi Phraze (scum). Less to go on than I thought there was at this point.

@Phraze I would love some answers as to why you scum reads Sollux and Salmon? Do you scum read Conq more then the other two? What does your Sleip is a good player comment mean? Who are you seriously voting for?

I would actually argue the opposite. It could just be that the infrequent activity makes her posts about my vote on her stand out more. But otherwise, she seems nonchalant about it. I'm keeping my vote on her because it helps me be more active knowing I may have to change it anytime.
Feb 20, 2017 10:43 PM

Jan 2010
@Grapefruit21
When you say someone is "self-aware" what do you mean? The entrance did seem awkward but I think things got blow out of proportion. I'll explain what I mean below

The first post made me think that was a bit of a town slip but they have clarified it and it wasn't. This still rings slightly town to me as mafia don't need to be so honest and the first post is just that honest, so I guess it's null. The second post is where she said she should vote for herself. I don't see why you find this so scummy, especially when coupled with the fourth quote which is the reason for it. Even put it to the context of the Rosie quote she posted and it makes sense then that her response should be herself if she is inded town. Third quote is acknowledging it would be bad (obviously), null. Fourth quote gives us more understanding and again is just super honest (which scum doesn't need to do). It's due to this quote that I can see it from a town perspective. Rosie said to vote on someone you wouldn't expect to get lynch so as town she jokingly suggests herself. I really don't see the scum mindset or the pocket value in this but maybe you can explain it to me better?

Your seventh point is basically my fourth quote and when put with other context it don't see it as continuing to play it down as a joke but being open and honest. Even the response to seems more like town saying I'm innocent so the answer to Rosie's idea would be to vote ones self. I also think it is the only other time they mentioned it to that point so maybe continuing isn't the right choice of words there considering she was responding to things said to her about it both times. Basically she was dragged back into it and your case makes it seem like she was out there trying to distance herself from it.

You don't like her case (I wouldn't even call it that) against you but where is this shading you speak of. The Rosie thing makes sense to me when I read page 4 since you were suspecting Rosie (voting/suspecting is what RE has written) and then vote RE for pretty much no reason other then "I trust Mishu", at that point it looks like a blank vote and a sheep from you. Not seeing the scum mindset here because in the post you yourself quoted you are in fact showing suspicion of Rosie.

About the contradiction....yeah....that idea wasn't actually started by RE1031 you are misrepresenting her in your read here and may want to reconsider it. The person who brought up the contradiction (I remember because I agreed with them) as CorrptedPurrity. So one of your point for scum reading RE is actually based on another players actions if I am not mistaken??

You have made it clear you didn't like the early game entrance but what make it scum? I felt it was an open honest response I want to know why it is scum? Vote/suspicion your suspicion moved quickly and the vote came out of nowhere. Maybe they were trying to misrep you there but I guess you could say you guys are even now? Not liking how you got a little bit condescending there but meh....going to need you to take back the things you said that weren't true as well there pal.

Overall I don't see scum for the reason you do. Not saying they can't be scum just not for the reasons you have listed. My reasons would be more behavior related like the fact the RVS hasn't moved, the lack of game solving posts, the lack of interactions, the lack of reads things of that nature and it's due to those things that they find themselves on the could be persuaded list but I need better reasons.
logic340Feb 20, 2017 10:52 PM

Feb 20, 2017 10:57 PM

Jan 2010
Shinichi-Kun said:
Oyasumi_Rosie said:

At this stage in my mafia career it may be used as a starting point when dealing with players but for reads I want to use it more as a cherry on top.

Shinichi-Kun said:

Town Read:
Sollux
Rosie

Scum Read
Why do you find what Mishu did there suspicious? I believe you yourself disappear from the thread from time to time? What about Mishu's other contributions to this point what do they tell you about his alignment? We can talk about Sleip too.

Feb 20, 2017 11:01 PM

Apr 2015
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
_Claire_ said:

Hold on what the?

Of course I am looking for reasons to vote for someone, why am I looking for someone to vote? I am voting for someone with reasons I believe is justified. I am not voting for the sake of voting. I am making reasoning and going by that reasoning I deem you worthy of the pressure of my vote so I do. What is wrong with that?

My problem with that is your reasoning are ones that I have repeatedly talked about before. The voting and activity is stuff that we already talked about, me and other players. To me, this read to me as you chosing to see my behavoir as scummy rather me actually being scummy. I have never seen such bad reasoning to vote for someone.
_Claire_ said:

Why does it seem you have problem me voting for you? But if I do this to someone else, you will just be fine because it is not you? At least that is the impression I make. And as I say I am not against you making a joke. It just seems like a very different meta-play than your usual meta-play.

I don't have a problem with you voting for me, just make sure that they are good ones. Or ones I can't actually defend myself against.
If you wanted to vote for me because you think my time to be scum is now then fine. Its not good, but whatever, I can't depute that.
_Claire_ said:

Why are you so defensive about my meta-play read on you? I am sure I have done this before and you have not ever complained about it but when I am on your case you are like this?
I am defensive about it because its bad, like actually bad. You are using two different unfinished games to prove your points in another. Its one thing to use a game that is done, where everyone can reference and comment and we all know what roles different people got. Its another to use game that only you and maybe two, three, other people can see, that have a different rule set, different flavor, and different roles.
Like I said, if you want to vote for me, fine. But use good reasons. Don't hog tie me with rules and tell me its my fault.
_Claire_ said:

Also 10 post limit? Hah, you can achieve in 1 hour and its a 48 hour day phase. This game also has a decent activity rate. I dont see you not achieving 10 post limit. Thats why I dont see this reasoning at all.

Now you just being a hypocrite. You want the old lurker me back, but old me only post 5-6 post at max. But here you are telling to post want every I want, like I have been doing now. Do you want me to hit the post limit, talking to people and feeling the game out, or do you want the old me, who posts awful RVS all the time and barely adds info to the game.

I worry about weird shit all the time. I unvoted once a full day and a half before phase change because I didn't know what time zone the Mods lived in, and I cop-read Denja for a comment that I feel like only people who played a really good game of Ultimate Werewolf would understand. So worrying in post is extremely in character for me.

Also, since you love my lurk play so much, I am going to let you in on a little secret. I WAS NOT HOME DURING HALF OF THOSE GAMES. It really easy to pull off a strong looking lurk when your phone is dead and there is only one working charger between you and your sister. And by the time you can actually read the thread people have already made up their minds and all you have to do is pick a side that sounds good. If I was home during Haruhi and Fairytale, or if I live through Final Fantays, you would have seen something more like this play. What I am doing here is the most me play I have every done.

*sigh*
I swear my post is never read by you.

I never say I love your lurking play.. Since when did I ever say this. I also dont read the FFXV game I hosted, to be fair.

I will let the others handle you, its obvious that you are emotional player. Nobody also understands my POV. I will keep your attitude for the next time.
Feb 20, 2017 11:05 PM

Apr 2015
logic340 said:
_Claire_ said:
Thoughts on Grape's sudden train:

Looking at the amount of players who jump on Grape's train, I would say he is town. I dont see a scum getting so much attention. Also grape does trust his town-read, and I dont see it weird that he follows his town-read opinion. I have seen this playstyle in his games before, also if nobody realizes this Crossbell also liked to do it. He used to trust Queen so much in games (town-reading her) and trusting her read so much and follow her reasoning/votes.

Though I admit it is a bit different how he plays but I dont see it super suspicious that he is voting someone with the basis of trusting someone at the moment. The idea of it is pretty bad, but I know he is the type who trusts his town-read.
I think I agree with this assessment of Grapefruit. He does stick by his town reads and likes to work together with his fellow townies (maybe to a fault D1 FFXV with Crossbell). That being said do you think their are scum on the train and if so who might it be?

More likely to be Sollux/Corruptedpurity. Though to be honest, I am still on the dark right now about who is what.
Feb 20, 2017 11:07 PM

Apr 2015
Shinichi-Kun said:
_Claire_ said:

Pressure does make you post more.
Anyway you know I am such a heavy meta-player and it hasnt changed lol.

I can't explicitly break it down because I need to bring an on-going game into this game so I cant reference it heavily.

But I want a few people's opinion like Logic and Grape to see if they agree that the Rosie here is more emotional and defensive. The Rosie I know is calm and rational.

What do you think so far of Rosie? Do you think she is defensive? What you think she says she I am tunneling on her, do you think my vote on him without enough ground to vote for her?

Well everyone gets efenesive at some point, you do tunnel alot.

Not much to think about isnt this only her 2nd game how can 1 more have a defined meta after only a few games.

Tunnel?
Am I tunneling right now?
Feb 20, 2017 11:09 PM

Apr 2015
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
Shinichi-Kun said:
Oyasumi_rosie

For a moment just pretend like claire isnt in this game so you stop tunneling her as much as she is tunneling you.

WHo do you think we should focus on?

Sorry if I miss it but care to link where you explain your confirmed town-read on Zymf?
Feb 20, 2017 11:19 PM

Apr 2015
Oyasumi_Rosie said:
Shinichi-Kun said:

https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1593320&show=300#msg49736245

My reasons why Zymf is confirmed town.

Working on a better list now.

Noted because when i asked i didnt know this.
Feb 20, 2017 11:21 PM

Apr 2015
Mishukax said:
_Claire_ said:

He posts less here than when he was town/3rd party (as SK/survivor). Don't know if this activity is personal reason/not.
Feb 20, 2017 11:51 PM

Dec 2012
I don't have time to read the thread since my last post or contribute much before phase change I think. (even though it's 9 hours away)
But the votes are way to spread out right now, which means there is way to much opportunity for mafia to interfere with the results. I also think we need to seriously start pressuring our top suspects to claim!
Feb 21, 2017 12:03 AM

Dec 2016
@logic340 I checked you're right.
Unvote

Still find the entrance slight suspect, I called it self aware because it felt like someone trying to figure out how to act towny. I'm going to do a quick skim on Corrupted, but I'd town read them and them starting that misconception seems more likely to be a mistake then.
Feb 21, 2017 12:36 AM

Dec 2014
Zymf said:
I don't have time to read the thread since my last post or contribute much before phase change I think. (even though it's 9 hours away)
But the votes are way to spread out right now, which means there is way to much opportunity for mafia to interfere with the results. I also think we need to seriously start pressuring our top suspects to claim!

Who are the top suspects? It's really open to debate. Some would say grape is up there while others are still thinking that sleip is the top suspect. Then there's the weird RE fos by grape and Mishu that I don't understand. They most probably explained it but I still don't understand. Then there is Rosie who I doubt we'll lynch today but everyone is trying to read her out as she does post alot. If you want a claim, provide a strong case against someone and pressure them to claim.

Grapefruit21 said:
@logic340 I checked you're right.
Unvote

Still find the entrance slight suspect, I called it self aware because it felt like someone trying to figure out how to act towny. I'm going to do a quick skim on Corrupted, but I'd town read them and them starting that misconception seems more likely to be a mistake then.

I did say that I'd unvote you and the more I look at your playstyle and the way you post, the more I think you're just a lazy townie. Your defenses are always short and abrupt and the way you trust Mishu about RE seems wonky.
_Claire_ said:

More likely to be Sollux/Corruptedpurity. Though to be honest, I am still on the dark right now about who is what.

From the train, I believe that I made my argument really clear, if not the most clear on why I am voting for Grape. I didn't just sheep in, I actually provided reasons and quotes of the contradictions and weird post structures of why I scum read grape. Maybe this actually makes me more suspicious, but I do believe what I did was helpful for town.
Shinichi-Kun said:
Mishukax said:

^ Would like an answer at your earlier convenience. You and grape are like these weird neon signs glowing at me with this out-of-nowhere votes. Ya, I know there's reason to fos sleip and alot of ppl have covered it but what is your own reason? Or are you just sheeping randomly?
Feb 21, 2017 1:18 AM

Dec 2016
@CorruptedPurity Hi, I don't know you but I've been typing this post for 10 minutes. Here's where I'm at; you called me out for short abrupt posts and a nowhere vote. Thanks to the latest vote count I can see that applies to everyone in the game as there are no wagons. You can counter and say your Sleip vote is good, but to my POV it's no better than my RE vote was.

Short abrupt posts would describe half the player base. And I think I can actually point to a fair chunk of my posts as being of a decent length.

My read on RE was fleshed out and a long post as well as 343 and 354 are not what I'd call abrupt.

I'm playing where I am dropping my reads as I see them in the thread for others to do with as they will. Sometimes I'll catch scum other times I won't. Here I'm pretty comfortable with a list of players I've called towny. Sometimes I'll explain myself multiple times and get scum read for laboring the same points too much and not having a coherent argument at the same time. That's mafia, people can't read my mind and my words make more sense to some than others.

Now if you have anything you'd like to ask about I'm all ears, otherwise please go back to smearing my play without voting me anymore. Thank you very much.

At this point I'm on board for lynching a lurker because I've not seen anything that looks scummy now that I've read the thread properly so....

Vote: TheConquerer Willing to move that to any other lurker if town reads have a preference. I hate D1 policy lynches but don't think we can look ourselves in the mirror and say we have better than a coinflip of catching scum based on any reads I've seen.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (27) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» [GAME] (* ̄・ ̄)ノ Count to 30 Before a Slightly Inebriated Staff Member Posts! v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Togs - Jul 2, 2017

2866 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:07 AM

» [GAME] Last Letter Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

grave_robber - Sep 9, 2014

8750 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» Count To 7777 V3 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lambtron - May 15, 2018

1159 by fausifahrial »»
Nov 7, 2023 9:06 AM

» [GAME] Say something about the person above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Haine - Jul 19, 2014

3810 by Zymf »»
Jun 19, 2023 2:43 PM

» [GAME] Truth or dare (ToD) 2.0 [Round 5] ( 1 2 )

Lambtron - Mar 12, 2019

92 by Zymf »»
Jun 18, 2023 12:09 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.