Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 6, 2017 8:31 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn, I feel bad for Kobayashi this episode...

The pain of getting shot but at least he has a strong will to live. Episode felt rather boring imo. It was pretty much inevitable that Kobayashi is going to survive. Not too surprising that Hanasaki is really trying to help Kobayashi with him being weak and all.
Feb 6, 2017 10:46 AM

Mar 2014
So Koyabashi's power is linked to his desire to live or die. want to die but can't, but once he starts wanting to live he gets hurt.

And i seriously wanna smack hanasaki. getting real tired of his stupidity.
I play World of Warcraft, League of Legends, and watch too much anime

~ Alexavis ~
Feb 6, 2017 10:54 AM
Mar 2016
Whoa, doesn't Kabyashi wanted to die, now that he get's what he wants, he changes his mind and wants to live, man, this is a wishy washy epiosde. So Inuoe is walking already, but barely, and he still is disgusted with Hanasaki
Feb 6, 2017 11:04 AM

Jan 2010
What the fudge Hanasaki?! Getting real tired of this >.<
Poor Kobayashi šŸ˜¢
Hopefully Hanasaki will redeem himself in the next episode, someone needs to smack some sense to him
"Do you have any idea how stupid we are? Don't underestimate us!"
-Gintama
Feb 6, 2017 11:32 AM

Jun 2015
Kobayashi didn't want to die yet. He pulled out the bullet himself. Hanasaki is seriously a very weak character. The Detective Boy's Club is also breaking up.
Feb 6, 2017 12:48 PM

Sep 2013
Kobayashi's power works on his emotion of wanting to kill himself and happiness.
Detective club breakup drama and that triggers kobyashi's will to kill himself which saves him this time :'(

Feb 6, 2017 1:16 PM

Dec 2014
I've lost a lot of interest in this show, don't even pay much attention these days.

Well it's cool to finally see the logic behind Kobayashi's power.
Th whole disbanding thing saved him I guess which is cool.
Feb 6, 2017 1:42 PM

Jan 2016
people raging at hanayan, but this is the first time he was.... wait do we want kobayashi to live or die? we don't know?! then... uh...

also screw you 20-faces

Feb 6, 2017 2:29 PM

Feb 2016
As much as I'd like to believe Hanasaki left so that Kobayashi would feel miserable enough to want to die again, from his previous dramas I'm more inclined to believe that he ended up saving Kobayashi accidentally. Well, we'll have to wait and see.
Feb 6, 2017 2:44 PM
Jul 2018
I feel really sad that this anime's quality is getting really weak.... (which was noticible after 1st cour)
so after all we got more 6 episode,and its not too late yet. hope it can turn out the table at some point very nicely.
Feb 6, 2017 4:32 PM

May 2015
Lol, goodbye Detective Boy's Club >_>.

Feb 6, 2017 7:32 PM

Sep 2016
I was hoping the Mum got what was coming to her; she shot at Hanasaki and Koba took the shot for him and then she runs off without feeling regret that her bullet hit a fourteen year old. I know her daughter was killed, but at least have some sympathy that you shot a kid!

Also I hope Kobayashi has a serious talk with Hanasaki later or at least punches him so he gets it through Hanasaki's head to quite running off and being a jerk.

The first time we see Koba show some real emotion; and not his usual cranky face. He shows genuine emotion. Tears. Because of Hanasaki leaving. That's so sad.
Feb 7, 2017 8:07 AM
Jun 2012
Poor Hanasaki. They keep breaking him.
Feb 7, 2017 11:09 AM

Dec 2014
felt A lot of tension in this episode...maybe the track suit left to make kobayashi feel a sense to die again
Feb 7, 2017 11:20 AM

May 2014
I thought he was gonna die, but oh well plot armor
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Feb 8, 2017 11:23 PM

Jul 2013
Good riddance to their detective club, what a bunch of drama queens. Hanasaki is better off without them.
Feb 9, 2017 4:04 AM

May 2013
i really hate that Hanasaki guy :<
made by bunnyama
Feb 9, 2017 9:47 AM

Dec 2007
WTF Hanasaki? Walking out while Kobayashi's just laying there dying... I guess by doing that he might have saved Kobayashi but still. How can you just walk away? D:
Feb 9, 2017 9:42 PM

Oct 2013
He's saying he wants things to go back to how they were, when he's hardly doing anything about it. I understand that there is a bit of a misunderstanding about him from the other characters, but his attitude and stubbornness is just making things worse. He's mad for all the wrong reasons. And normally, you don't leave someone who saved your life to die. Sure, Inoue is there, but he's crippled, so what the hell can he do?!?
Feb 14, 2017 2:19 AM

Feb 2017
God, Hanasaki is too stupid. He spends self-pity and forgets that it is important to his friend. But more that by the shot, I feel bad for cobayashi to get illusions and to return to feel abandoned and to lose the will to live.
Feb 19, 2017 4:07 PM
Nov 2014
I feel this second season has even more weak points than the 1st one.
First let's talk about this episode in particular.

The scene where Kobayashi got shot it was like 1 minute or more of people just staring? I was expecting a little more reaction specially from Hanasaki and the cop. It took a really good amount of minutes for the freaking cop to chase that lady.

The bullet, what's wrong with that size? It seemed a little too big in my opinion. And why was it crushed? I'm no firearms expert but I don't think a bullet would change its shape so much even if it where to hit a bone?

I don't really know why people seem to hate Hanasaki so much now (I used to dislike him now I pity him XD), like yeah he screwed up really big but I felt he was trying to at least apologize but everyone would just turn their back at him. That's when I started to pity him, then the show decided to give even more reasons for people to hate him by meeting the red haired guy. I really laughed when that happened, like...he is already depressed his club partners don't want to talk with him now he meets another shady guy...like seriously, the show might as well give Hanasaki the truck route so I won't feel they are using his misfortune like a really weak plot device.

And about him leaving injured Kobayashi in this episode, well...let's present the situation:
1. Akechi just announced the detective's club is going to end, something that broke everyones kokoros.
2. Akechi just leaves like saying "Well good luck Hanasaki and don't forget to pick up everything as you leave this building"
3. Inoue being as annoying as always
4. Inoue not doing anything yet saying Hanasaki has to do something and continue blaming him
5. Owl girl not helping (was she even in the room?)
6. Red guy appears and calls Hanasaki a friend (nakama), something that I feel nobody in the club ever said to him? Well...I would just leave the room not caring at all. Yeah, yeah red guy words could be a lie to use Hanasaki, but I hope that's not the case since Hanasaki is too gullible and naive.

Then Akechi...I used to like him in the 1st season, his attitude seemed carefree but that in reality he cared about people. Now...I just feel he doesn't care about people at all. I think he knows that Hanasaki respects him a lot and I would have expected Akechi to give some kind of cool speech when Hanasaki screwed up but nah...he is just, hell I don't remember what he is being doing this 2nd season at all.

Then Inoue, damn this guy is being annoying me since 1st season. I don't feel that Kobayashi being shot is Hanasaki's fault, and even if it where I don't think you need to say it specially when said shot person is in the same room still injured and dying!

At first I used to watched this show because of the detective stuff (which I don't think there's a lot and it's a little boring tbh) but now I just watch the show because of Kobayashi TwT That tear at the end...
May 19, 2018 4:40 PM
Mar 2016
The Detectives Club should've let Kobayashi die. It's what he wanted all along! Plus, he's a pretty bland character aside from his invincibility and cliche backstory. I swear Hanasaki is the only character I like at this point. Good for him in walking out with the redhead guy! ^_^

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2017

61 by Poodles »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2017

24 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:14 AM

» Worth your time ?

SilverFever - Sep 22, 2017

8 by Maackkk »»
Feb 2, 2021 2:46 AM

» has this anime improved any since the first few episodes?

metadata - Nov 14, 2016

17 by SofiaBulga »»
Oct 23, 2019 2:18 AM

Poll: » Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2016

42 by PrideRoyalIvy »»
Sep 12, 2018 7:30 AM
Itā€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.