Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Feb 9, 2017 1:48 PM

Oct 2010
[quote=Manckx message=49610660][quote=redtailrav message=49600698][quote=puchacamilo message=49599113]
Manckx said:
Ha! This pic is intriguing. One of the other girls is Saeki, but who is the 7th? Ami's little sister?
[quote=puchacamilo message=49601381]
redtailrav said:
puchacamilo said:

It fits a little with her sister look, I think that too, but that face doesn't according to her personality XD it's a little weird

She has the right hair style, she has a white headband. And, she also has the same facial expressions Ami has when she's winded from heavy exercise ....

So is her!!!!!!! OMGOMGOMG
Feb 9, 2017 3:36 PM

Oct 2013
[quote=puchacamilo message=49611953][quote=Manckx message=49610660][quote=redtailrav message=49600698][quote=puchacamilo message=49599113]
Manckx said:
Ha! This pic is intriguing. One of the other girls is Saeki, but who is the 7th? Ami's little sister?
puchacamilo said:
redtailrav said:

She has the right hair style, she has a white headband. And, she also has the same facial expressions Ami has when she's winded from heavy exercise ....

Yeah, has to be her. I guess the face is because Ami, Saeki, and Aoi are bantsing her a little. Maybe about being a newbie. Ha ha ha.
Feb 9, 2017 7:04 PM

Oct 2009
This should have a second season especially since Saeki joined the team.
Feb 9, 2017 11:51 PM

Oct 2008
Ami was emotional and cried because has good friends to teach her more with cycling!
In the end they were a total of 6 in Team Fortuna because Saeki also joined!
I will give this as 7/10 because new studio Actas was finally able to complete this show even with delays!

Feb 11, 2017 12:43 AM

Jan 2015
Pack it on a plane, all the way to Paris. It need another season, no doubt. But maybe, just maybe... After Yowamushi Pedal going there first? LOL
Well, at least the series successfully concluded.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Feb 18, 2017 12:51 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Last episode of this series, and say good-bye under the rain, in a nicce episode when the five girls fnd another world, another landscape on their bicycle and under the rain!!!!

In summary, the season was a litle weak, with a few nice moments, although in general, a little boring to me...

...5/10.
Feb 18, 2017 9:46 AM

Dec 2012
It was a nice ride, I had a lot of fun watching this anime. When I started it, I was not thinking that it will become so good.
The girls were all funny and I discovered some interesting places.
Very good anime and beautiful end :).
Feb 19, 2017 8:20 AM
May 2016
Wow.. 10/10 finale!
Feb 20, 2017 9:43 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
This was a really interesting show to watch. It's a bit of a shame that they couldn't keep the animation quality from the OP and the final episode for the entire season, but it looks like they did their best with their limited budget. Kinda charming.

I hope this show has gained some fans so that we'll see it again sometime. An OVA or maybe even a second season would be fantastic. Good stuff!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Feb 25, 2017 5:43 PM
Mar 2012
last 2 eps were particularly good, raised +1.
For a bike show, it's more on sol & tourism instead of ads/education (minami), competition (yowa), or comedy (bakuon). The sight seeing is nice I'd like to one day cycle one.
Had more issues than most sol. All characters felt bland, didn't distinct themselves from the sol archetypes enough (big eater, haraguro megane, klutz etc). Ami wasn't annoying, tho too much whining. They're all in college (which is effectively irrelevant), a bit bothered they look like any middle/high school kid, and act like kids too, only maturity is they have the stamina for long rides and have parttime jobs.
Most early eps were as slow as minami, just ok for relaxing travel show before sleep. Animation inconsistency often bad enough to break immersion. Gets the job done but constantly wanted a non-actas studio.
Mar 27, 2019 2:12 AM

Apr 2011
[quote=redtailrav message=49613156][quote=puchacamilo message=49611953][quote=Manckx message=49610660][quote=redtailrav message=49600698]
puchacamilo said:
Manckx said:
puchacamilo said:

Yeah, has to be her. I guess the face is because Ami, Saeki, and Aoi are bantsing her a little. Maybe about being a newbie. Ha ha ha.

It was kinda expected that not only Saeki but Emi will join as well when she showed interest. She was gonna say that she wants to try to Ami but a call cut her off.

I watched this once again after three years and its still fun and relaxing to watch as ever. That's why I'm still have a copy in my HDD. Much better than Minami imo. It also got me interested in cycling. But I'll take my time looking it up and going to cycling stores and also they're expensive. Besides that I'm worried about our road conditions in our country because its not as good as Japan's.

Well, still hoping there'll be another season.
Aug 2, 2019 1:59 PM

Sep 2014
Picked it up during the Tour de France because of cycling hype. Cute and informative anime. It got better after the first episodes. I really liked Hinako and Saki (Yoko Hikasa is great). Aki was adorable (thanks to Nao Touyama), too!

Now I'm considering taking my old bike from the garage and riding again. I hope it didn't rust after so many years!

Dec 23, 2020 4:24 PM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
I feel like they used all of their budget for the final episode, the raining scene was beautiful xD It would be good to see a sequel in France with that new member, well it was pretty fine for a cycling anime, the characters are very generic but thanks to the quite original and interesting topic it was fine
Mar 14, 2021 12:17 AM

Jan 2021
Solid show overall, ended up enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would since I do not like bicycles much at all. It kind of got me interested in them and I was up at 3 AM watching tutorial videos on Youtube on how to change a flat tire after Ami's experience with it because I didn't understand her inner-tube dilemma. I liked how the show used some scenarios as a mini-tutorial without being a blatant instructional video, like when she slid in the rain on the metal grate. They used that to explain the proper way to cross one, something I wouldn't know was even a danger. Honestly makes me consider wanting to take up cycling sometime in the future. Had a bad bike crash 10 years ago where I broke my shoulder so been sour on bikes ever since but a little more willing to give it a try again after seeing this show. Seeing Ami get better and achieve her goals was pretty inspirational.
Mar 30, 2021 3:00 PM

Feb 2020
Excellent finale. I'm happy that Saeki decided to join Team Fortuna. :)

Overall, this was amazing ride. I can't find much to complain about. I loved the atmosphere, characters and their interactions.

I liked Ami's character development a lot. I could feel her love towards cycling.

A movie titled as "Long Riders! - Paris-Brest-Paris brevet" would be the perfect way to end this story.

SerafosMar 28, 3:20 AM
Sep 3, 2021 8:02 PM

Jul 2016
Saki shows some thigh and male pedestrians instantly go blushy blushy lol.

Pretty lovely series overall. Way better from what I was originally expecting. If only its budget had been bigger...

7/10 - Hinako: Best senpai and girl.
Oct 31, 2021 7:11 AM

Sep 2018
The best of the series is reserved for the end: in addition to giving greater characterization to the characters and the protagonist, there was time to give more information on cycling, and to give space to the contexts in which this last episode took place. The only regret is that the graphic quality was not up to par to fully appreciate the beauty of the places, although it has improved compared to the past at least this time. And to top it off, Saeki's character finally enters the story, but we will never see her and the other characters interact with each other or in the story, since there is no further season on the horizon, how sad! Narration also this time very relaxing and fun, I again enjoyed this anime, while reviewing it once again; excellent soundtrack, nice characters and very appreciable atmosphere that was breathed throughout the series. Too bad they didn't invest much in this project, as I see it, the potential was high, but it was badly expressed and the anime mortified by a really bad graphic quality. A huge thank you to the defunct Daisuki streaming platform, without which I would not have been able to follow the anime series in my native language. Thank you so much!

I wanted to give it a rating higher than 7, but the graphics quality was really poor, otherwise this anime would have deserved a rating with a nice full 8.

7/10
Sep 2, 2022 12:08 PM

Feb 2020
Very good finale.

Lol at that neko pantsu scene. Ami was so embarrassed.

"Pack it on... a plane?!" Ami's imagination. xD

You need to be extra careful when you ride in the rain. I'm glad Ami didn't hurt herself.

Beautiful rainbow again.

The girls had another wonderful day together.

Saeki will be the sixth member of Team Fortuna! That's great. :)

This is such a great show. I want a second season with Paris-Brest-Paris brevet.

SerafosMay 17, 1:37 AM
Sep 12, 2022 10:22 AM

Dec 2012
Rewatching Long Riders was definitely worth the while. So glad I bought the BDs on a whim while they were dirt cheap. When I first watched this in 2019, my interest in cycling was mild and I was riding 10 miles max around town on a cheaper bike. Since mid 2020, however, I took the leap and got a road bike. My appreciation for Long Riders has grown exponentially now that I'm in significantly better shape and can ride 50+ miles easily. Even this week, I found the various tips & insights to be encouraging & helped renew my interest in cycling as I was starting to lose motivation for my rides.

I actually rode in the rain for the first time just a couple of months ago. I was riding in an event similar to the autumn ride a couple of episodes ago and it began with a heavy downpour at the starting line. It was an awful feeling sitting in the rain waiting to go, but the rush of riding through the raindrops became refreshing as soon as I got going. By the time I got to the first meal station, the weather had cleared up and made for a better ride than if it had been completely sunny.

Overall, I really enjoyed Ami's clumsy yet passionate journey into the world of cycling. Similar to Yama no Susume, this has all of the makings of a "Cute Girls Doing Informatively Cute Things." While there's a bike trail in my area, it pales in comparison to the wonderful sights & scenes that were displayed on Fortuna's rides. While the girls have their sight set on France, this has actually made me consider one day being able to ride in Japan.
Oct 15, 2023 2:35 PM

Dec 2022
A decent watch. Ami was very cute, expressive and sympathetic; she's easily the best, most developed character in the anime. The progression of her biking proficiency over the course of the anime was handled with the gradual, deliberate pace it deserved. From an atmospheric perspective, the anime was altruistic and uplifting, never giving of the impression of there being spite directed towards the characters or the hobby of cycling as a whole, so I can appreciate its optimistic presentation.

I did find the rest of the characters regrettably archetypical though, lacking much distinction as individuals. While they were all compassionate towards their fellow bikers (especially Ami) and attentive enough to the intricacies of bike riding, they weren't established as being more than their basic character moulds. The delivery of the plot and comedy also felt overly formulaic, with the plot of each episode undergoing minor alterations and then being used again in the next episode, so I often felt myself catching a sense of deja vu while watching.

The music was enjoyable too, and bolstered the impact of several of the anime's more signature scenes, meaning it's definitely up there amongst the better soundtracks in the medium.

Shaded Horizon

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 5, 2017

34 by Serafos »»
Sep 1, 2022 3:27 PM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

35 by Serafos »»
Sep 1, 2022 5:12 AM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

28 by Serafos »»
Aug 31, 2022 9:09 AM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

30 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2022 5:10 AM

Poll: » Long Riders! Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 3, 2016

39 by Serafos »»
Aug 30, 2022 2:23 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.