Forum Settings
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 27, 2017 8:51 AM

Jan 2012
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The fight ends. Irene with a sword through her gut? Well she loved Erza all along. Not exactly a surprising reveal, but alright. XD
Jan 27, 2017 10:44 AM

Oct 2015
that's a lovely ending, as much as i love Erza, i didnt want her to beat Irene, cause she's clearly on a whole other level

So now that she's been beaten, im pretty sure Acnologia is going to come to finish her since she showed herself in dragon form, but i dont think she's gonna die, i think Natsu might stop and counters him in a furious mode or something like that

next chapter Dragon or Demon ? so this might be the end of his journey ? i'd like him to transform into half Demon and half Dragon, that's gonna be very original in the standards of fairy tail, i mean i dont see him taking down Acnologia if he transforms into one himself, and i dont see END being stronger than Acnologia, since he was made for the purpose of killing zeref and not beating Acno
Jan 27, 2017 11:22 AM

Sep 2013
Irene kills herself because love and family prevails :'(
Erza should be learning dragon slayer magic soon.
Jan 27, 2017 11:36 AM

Nov 2008
Okay now I truly say this is a bigger ass pull and some of the biggest BULLSHIT ive seen in my entire life then Future Trunk's Spirit Sword in Super, by a landslide, Erza destroys that meteor AND takes down Dragon Irene with no Dragon Slayer magic, Queen of Dragons my ass, at least 90% of Trunk's bones where NOT broken.

Also High School DxD >>> Fairy Tail if you read the DxD novels.

Also I can truly say without a shadow of a doubt that Fairy Tail is Discount High School DxD and Issei Hyoudou is the true Dragon Badass MC and Rias Gremory is my true Red Hair Goddess.
HollowIchigo58Jan 27, 2017 12:23 PM
Jan 27, 2017 11:55 AM

Mar 2016
I give you the secret about Erza.

She's immortal. She can't die.
That's why she can't "lose", don't look any further lol.
i wouldn't be surprised if her mom gave her a power or something before her death

Now please get back to Acnologia and Zeref shit, Mashima.
Jan 27, 2017 12:24 PM

Aug 2013
Well that was shit
Jan 27, 2017 12:24 PM

Dec 2015
HollowIchigo58 said:
Okay now I truly say this is a bigger ass pull and some of the biggest BULLSHIT ive seen in my entire life then Future Trunk's Spirit Sword in Super, by a landslide, Erza destroys that meteor AND takes down Dragon Irene with no Dragon Slayer magic, Queen of Dragons my ass, at least 90% of Trunk's bones where NOT broken.

Also I can truly say without a shadow of a doubt that Fairy Tail is Discount High School DxD.

Wendy clearly enchanted Erza's sword with dragon slayer magic... pay attention people.
Jan 27, 2017 12:40 PM

May 2013
0ni_Link said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

Also I can truly say without a shadow of a doubt that Fairy Tail is Discount High School DxD.

Wendy clearly enchanted Erza's sword with dragon slayer magic... pay attention people.

Well, it's rather "Don't be blind people.", this was written black on white.
Jan 27, 2017 12:41 PM

Jan 2009
Eileen is dead? i hope not so that we can see Queen of Dragons versus King of Dragons Acnologia fight too!
Jan 27, 2017 1:12 PM
Jul 2016
This chapter was a great example of how Mashima is too stingy of killing a main character and pulling a villain death with no reason! Irene herself doesn't know why she killed herself WTF?!??

First of!

ERZA STOPPED THE METEOR WHAT THE HECK!? This another BECAUSE SHE IS ERZA moment. Ugggghhhh
This was a great moment to kill her but nope this fairy tail where everyone leaves and nobody dies.

Irene killing herelf!! WHAAAAATTT!!!!???

She was one of the best villains and instead of defeating her in a good and badass way she kills herself!!!! I will definitely miss her. She was the only reasonable character in this arc.

The only thing that makes me happy is next week's chapter name. FINALLY!!! We will know what is going to happen to Natsu!
Jan 27, 2017 1:15 PM

Dec 2016
"Because she's Erza" level over 9000 in this chapter.

I think that might be the first time Wendy has enchanted something that wasn't human? Either way that was a good plan of her to put DS magic into the sword.

I supposed I can forgive the bad guy getting the friendship treatment this time because they are mother and daughter, blood is thicker than water as they say.

The proof the Irene loved Erza is there and also in one of the previous chapters where she suffered for all those years in prison but kept Erza safe.

Chapter 520 - looks like something big is going to happen with Natsu.

Oh I just remembered that Lucy is still naked on top him him, more fan service.
Jan 27, 2017 1:18 PM

Oct 2014
100% GRADE-A BULLSHIT.

The ONLY thing about this chapter I liked was Wendy enchanting Dragon Slayer into Erza's sword, but even that came out of nowhere. Mashima really does like to conveniently have characters do stuff they've never been able to do before without providing some sort of explanation either before, during or after the fight.

This chapter get's 2/10 from me, and that's being generous. "It's because she's Erza." How much I hate that phrase.

Small rant aside, it's "seemingly" over, hopefully now we can get back to Natsu's stuff.

W.A.I.F.U = Women. Are. Imaginary. For. Us.
Jan 27, 2017 1:32 PM
Oct 2013

Thanks alot to Benett the Sage for creating this, check out his youtube channel, the man creates great content.

I wanna make a few things clear.

This chapter is an undisputeable 1/5.

Irene´s backstory makes perfect sense now and is kinda beautiful. She was an evil. horrible person, but the one thing she wasn´t able to kill, because of her motherly feelings, was her daughter. The fact that a trivial thing, such as a laugh, triggered her affection, towards her daughter, makes this even more effective, because humans are simple beings, when they operate on emotion and 400 years definately can turn everyone crazy.

This part of the story is well written. Irene isn´t redeemed, she just showed some humanity in her.

But and this is a huuuuuge but. All the bullshit writing that leads her to that reveal, is some of the worst writing in Shounen period. Erza was a bs character for a long time now, she just reached all new heights this chapter and Wendy alongside with her. Also Irene´s husband is a retarded plot device.

Any beauty this scene would have had in a better written Manga contrasts with a pile of shit.

This chapter was the equivalent of having a great meal prepared lovingly by your mother , with some asshole intercepting and cleaning his butt with it, before it´s served too you.
IsterioJan 27, 2017 1:38 PM
Jan 27, 2017 1:47 PM

Dec 2015
No surprises here - pointless wasted plot

lol and what the fuck was up with these proportions:

Jan 27, 2017 2:07 PM

Mar 2008
Oh wow, this was so stupid.

It is absolutely fitting that Irene ends the chapter by killing herself. I'll just interpret it as she couldn't take the utter stupidity any longer and had to kill herself to get out of this story.

This was bad....this was really stupid. I like it when Erza wins in a way that makes some kind of sense. Let her find a weakness or the right combination of armor and weapons for a situation. But for a while now the story has just given up. Oh sure, somehow Erza can launch herself at a meteor and destroy it. And then somehow augment her aerial angle of attack to go and attack Irene. And then do a bunch of other things while having shattered bones.

If there was a 0/5 option this chapter would get it. Erza deserved better than this.
Jan 27, 2017 2:09 PM
Aug 2011
I hate this chapter so much because Erza clearly should've lost this fight lols. She's going aganist the amped up version of meteo with half a moving body, still wins.
corneal35Jan 27, 2017 2:17 PM
Jan 27, 2017 2:33 PM

Jun 2013
I knew when Erza is involved in a fight it goes to shit, and... yea. I don't even have words of how disappointed I am with this chapter or this arc in general... I just don't care anymore, altho I do hope Acnologia gets taken out in a epic (pls at least that). Mashima needs to wrap things up with this man... worst arc in this entire series.
Jan 27, 2017 2:52 PM

Dec 2015
Those asspulls Erza does though, seems like Mashima won't get tired of doing them anytime soon.

Lol I couldn't stop myself from laughing at Eileen's actions, Mashima you troll.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Jan 27, 2017 3:10 PM

Apr 2016
Can we just agree that Erza is God or something? As much as I love Erza, I can't deny that she pulls off the most bullshit actions ever. And apparently Wendy can enchant Dragon Slaying magic into other objects..... I don't really know how I feel about that one so I'll let it pass.

We all knew Irene was gonna go motherly. I didn't think she'd stab herself though, so for me that made the whole thing better. Not by much because of the predictability of the whole thing, but by a bit.

Title for the next chapter has me hyped, not gonna lie.
Jan 27, 2017 3:11 PM

Jan 2016
unexpected but still expected.. sucker fro these sad moments... ;-; sure was a lovable end to this long fight, some was just.. comeon. like when wendy enchanted erza's sword. *facepalm* i mean hiro..! but still love it all and tbh i feel this might be one of the bloodiest arc ive seen
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Jan 27, 2017 3:31 PM

Dec 2013
This was even worse than I expected.
Jan 27, 2017 3:31 PM
Jan 2014
So what members of spriggan 12 are left just august?
Jan 27, 2017 3:37 PM

Jan 2016
First half: pure bullshit
Second half: Nice ending with impact
Jan 27, 2017 3:51 PM

Jan 2016
lmao this manga is just a parody of itself
i hope this ends soon, i've gotten this far so i don't want to drop it
and i've finished Bleach, so i think i can handle pretty much everything right now lol

anyway, the only person that managed to hurt a dragon was not a dragon slayer. Remind me again what dragon slayers are for?
Jan 27, 2017 3:52 PM
Jan 2016
The "I always loved you thing" is kinda bullshit but I like the actual sequence in which Irene couldn't take over Erza's body as a baby >.>
Jan 27, 2017 4:12 PM

Mar 2016
Undoubtedly giving this chapter a 1/5.

Erza stops meteor, Eileen kills herself, blah-de-blah-de-blah whatever happens in this chapter makes no sense at all.

This is unseen levels of bullshit writing right there. And I'm ready to see Mashima screw up the following battles even more than this one, pulling out incredibly stupid backstories & absolutely random power-ups out of literally nowhere, as well as extremely predictable battle outcomes.
Jan 27, 2017 4:19 PM
Jan 2017
Guys, remember when Irene crashed tenrou island into the mainland when she did universe one? She fucked everything up, Erza is literally immortal, along with everyone else.
Jan 27, 2017 4:20 PM

Sep 2012
what can i say, the value of dragon slayer just got downgraded just like that, you cant just go enchant everything for the sake of convenience,this is unnaceptable, what the use of dragon slayer if its very magic can be enchanted to weapon?
Jan 27, 2017 4:51 PM
Sep 2015
I just want to cry in the conclusion of their fight. What I like about Mashima is he really knows to connect one's character to another one without any contradiction. 4.5/5 .

What disappoints me was the enchanting. The slayers cant even scratch a dragon in the past. Plus the meteor. I think Mashima do not need to make erza state that the meteor is more powerful than Jellal's magic.

But overall, I think I like the fight. Maybe because at the start, the two sides do not hesitate to kill each other. Especially Erza, until the end, she will defeat Eileen even if she stated that she is her mother, Which is nice.
Jan 27, 2017 4:54 PM
Sep 2015
Vileblood_Hunter said:
Undoubtedly giving this chapter a 1/5.

whatever happens in this chapter makes no sense at all.

This is unseen levels of bullshit writing right there. And I'm ready to see Mashima screw up the following battles even more than this one, pulling out incredibly stupid backstories & absolutely random power-ups out of literally nowhere, as well as extremely predictable battle outcomes.

the backstories were made from the start. Where Erza lived alone in a small village. It was connected somehow to Eileen where she leaved Erza to that village to control her insanity of enchanting her daughter.

I gave up from expecting to Mashima's fight. I just really read this because of the characters and how he make stories for readers to cry.
Jan 27, 2017 4:58 PM

Dec 2012
Bye Bye meteor.

Erza slashing Irene with Wendy's help.

Irene unable to finish off Erza in the end.

Off to the next battle.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 27, 2017 5:00 PM
May 2015
This Erza and Irene conflict had nothing but overly done powers, pointless drama, forced drama, ideas introduced only to be solved in one chapter, egregious fanservice, and friendship speeches abound. This is mockery of what FT is, unintentional self parody. Everything good that could’ve come from this is wasted.

Thing is it does not take that much for me to like something if it's decent or someone is actually trying.. as I stated before I loved Tartarus and Tower of Heaven.. flawed but really good and Mashima actually cared.. this is just all over the play which again goes back to having the Spriggans in the first place. Apparently he wanted 6 then 12 for some reason.. now it all feels jumbled and rushed making him ends things quickly with bullshit

It should've been only Acno Zeref and Natsu hell keep Anna in the storyline a bit longer.. easier to work with and able to keep track of with characters more relevant to the storyline

This arc has been very disappointing and I honestly did not want to say this..
Jan 27, 2017 5:13 PM

Jul 2013
This chapter (and this arc in general) in a nutshell:

Oh, well, it's Erza, so I'm not even surprised she not only destroyed the meteorite (with broken bones) and one-shotted Irene's dragon form (again, with broken bones), but she also managed to made her mother commit suicide by making her remembering that she suddenly loved her. Sasuga, Erza

Overall glad this fight ended. Irene sucked hard as a villain despite all her build up (like practically all the bad guys of this arc) and I hope she stays dead. Tbh, I would have prefered that she would have died cursing Erza instead of the bullshit of her realizing she loved her daughter all along.
The Spriggans are jobbing too hard I don't have faith for August. I only hope Zeref and Acnologia doesn't dissapoints.
IllyricusJan 27, 2017 5:21 PM
Jan 27, 2017 5:18 PM
Sep 2012
I don't know what to say about Erza and the meteor, I am not upset like other people probably are, I am not going to defend it either, it is what it is, all I have to say in defense is Erza better be the next guild master. After seeing what Erza did, her having to call anyone even the likes of Gildarts or Laxus master is laughable.

Anyway what I cared was the end with Irene, Irene she was the MVP of the chapter, I read Fairy Tail not only for the comedy, the lovely ladies, but also the emotion, if a chapter gives me feels I am happy, I got feels, I didn't think it was possible with Irene of all people.

I have a feeling her backstory was completely honest, in a way it was what Silver did during his fight with Gray saying he was Deleoria, only Silver out right lied, Irene stretched the truth or hide a few truths away, so she could fight Erza head on with no holding back and vice versa. And she might even have been lying to herself, because unlike Silver she was trying to win.

Though I first I thought maybe Zeref's magic caused to have some false memories, but I guess not.

Irene killing herself, I can live with that, I knew Erza wasn't going to kill her, Hiro wouldn't let Erza kill a demon in the Tartarus arc, he had Minerva do that for her and keep Erza's hands clean. Though I rather Achnologia come back to kill her right before she was going to tell Erza she loved her, that would be awesome, though I would give Erza reason to want to take down Acnologia, and we don't need that, let Natsu handle that.

It is a tell of 2 chapters, first half meh, second half great.
Jan 27, 2017 6:54 PM
Oct 2016
For me this chapter was basically, yeah Erza, yeah her mom, yeah Wendy Dragon Slayer enchantment, yeah sword through the gut, yeah love.

Whatever, no real surprises.

What did surprise me.

Next Chapter: Dragon or Demon

OMG EXCITED BRING IT ON CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK BEEN WAITING TOO LONG FOR MORE NATSU
Jan 27, 2017 8:11 PM

Apr 2016
Dragon or Demon .. Why not both ..!
Jan 27, 2017 9:55 PM

Jan 2014
Soo it was possible to enchant ds magic into weapons, WHY she had not enchanced it for whole alvarez army , transformed into dragon and attacked acnologia? or she could had enchanced dragon slayng magic when she fought acnologia.
Jan 27, 2017 10:15 PM

Jun 2014
Thank goodness this shitty fight is finally over. More asspulls, which is expected from FT and Mashima at this point, like Erza destroying the meteor despite her crazy injuries and Wendy all of a sudden having an ability that can enchant Dragon Slayer magic to weapons. I thought Dragon Slayer magic was supposed to be this special ability, so being able to enchant it to weapons like it's no big deal is ridiculous. And then Irene "kills" herself (putting quotes around the word kill just in case Mashima pulls some more BS out and revives her later), ending yet another disappointing Spriggan fight. Hopefully this Natsu stuff that we'll be going back to is decent.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Jan 28, 2017 12:18 AM

Sep 2012
we had ultear stabbed herself before, we know where this is going
Jan 28, 2017 12:24 AM

Nov 2008
0ni_Link said:
HollowIchigo58 said:

I know now, still total bullshit though.
Jan 28, 2017 12:43 AM

Sep 2014
What are meteors anyway?
Well Eileen sure changed her mind quick lol. I don't think she'll die though haha.
Jan 28, 2017 1:30 AM

Jan 2014
I'm fine wendy learned more enchant skills while was in irene body and can be explained how she was able to nechant dragonslayer magic to weapon even for 1 strike, I'm fine with erza destroyng whole meteor even with no bones left to use, BUT i'm NOT fine with her survival asspull bullshit, i'm NOT fine with irene stabbing herself or about her Regrets, Being PURE villain is fine, instead stabbing herself acnologia should had jumped and crushed her.
Jan 28, 2017 3:31 AM

Mar 2015
that's simply bullshit...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 28, 2017 3:59 AM

Aug 2016
expected zzzzz

1/5
Jan 28, 2017 5:11 AM

Jul 2007
Let's catch up on FT manga, I said to myself.
Maybe it improved after the utter bullshit, I said to myself.
They could not have possibly went even lower in quality, I said to myself.
Maybe the things have gotten better, I said to myself.

Me through last five chapters:

I think I lost some braincells too. They burned up int his latest chapter.

Are you freaking serious Mashima? Even when its impossible for Erza to win she still almost wins and since you obviously can't let Erza lose you literally have the enemy sudoku themselves over it....what the fuck.

Why did Bleach had to end while this stilllll keeeps going? Does Mashima even have any goal for this arc now or is he just winging it with random chapters?
Jan 28, 2017 6:46 AM
Jan 2017
Ok. I get it you guys are pretty mad at how Mashima is just putting out what you call "bs". Personally Im kind of happy it finally ended. Eileen kills herself, yeah, its better than having Erza killing her,I mean... She can't beat everyone,plus destroying the meteor was enough. Ik, Erza destroying the meteor just like that, pretty much impossible but lets face it,this is Erza, this is Fairy Tail, of course its going to have things like this. Oh and wendy entchanting things? Come on people,Zeref can do almost anything and you got suprised that Wendy enchanted the sword =-=... Anyways, iyd be nice to see Natsu as both demon and dragon, then again the seeds are fusing together so who knows? Question though. Whats going to happen to everyone there? Idk.
Jan 28, 2017 7:29 AM

Jul 2012
I understand the hate for this chapter, I myself expected Acnologia to show up and finish her unexpectedly, would have been better in my opinion. although it did not surprise me by the slightest that Eileen would hesitate at some point, because of her love for Erza. It became quite obvious these past chapters. Her killing herself was not what I did expect.

Hoped Eileen would give her a powerup instead of the basic I'm Erza powerups, would make more sense. (hoping it will still happen, she is not officially confirmed dead yet, and let's hope Acnologia still gives them a visit)

The next chapter I'm really hoping it will be something great, I really do not like to see another power release of Natsu and it getting cancelled by god knows what reason, 1 stall was more than enough, and the inner fight he is having now is great, but I just really hope the great conclusion doesn't get to another halt knowing Fairy Tail. now fingers crossed for a greater moment of August, after an epic next chapter, at least I hope it is epic...
Jan 28, 2017 8:32 AM

Nov 2013

Pretty much !

"I always loved you ! ... ok except for the last 10 chapter where I was trying to kill you ... sorry for that ..."
Jan 28, 2017 9:45 AM
Jul 2018
Holy fucking christ.

Mashima, just become a doujin artist please, you may be worse at writing than Pierrot's filler drones.
Jan 28, 2017 10:45 AM

Dec 2008
Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.
I love Erza, but this was really gay. Irene saving her wouldve been more likely. Weren't basically all her bones broken aside from her arm? lol
Irene killing herself didn't even give me feels. Just triggered me. I hope she isn't actually dead though or else this is very unsatisfying. Would have much rather she died protecting Erza or Erza having killed her than this.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 275 Discussion ( 1 2 )

DuroDeMatar - Mar 16, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Yesterday, 6:06 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 268 Discussion ( 1 2 )

BackLashWave - Jan 27, 2012

52 by aod-kun »»
Apr 23, 6:16 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 46 Discussion

Cali4nian - Oct 12, 2009

10 by MAYANK22 »»
Apr 21, 11:30 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 418 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Darklight0303 - Feb 2, 2015

185 by shinytrains »»
Apr 13, 1:00 AM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Chapter 251 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kevin_video - Sep 17, 2011

81 by aod-kun »»
Apr 6, 5:15 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.