Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Jan 25, 2017 3:10 AM
Jun 2016
Nausicaa for me as well. Some even made her instargram profile http://stapico.com/photos/1432268936997315019_1179403602 lol. She's too cool to be true
Jan 25, 2017 3:27 AM

Apr 2012
@kodial
Anime characters are objects, so objectifying objects isn't really a problem.
Objectification on real people is also not really a problem, since what people cry about does not actually happen (e.g. lose empathy completely towards another human being). Actual objectification is day to day interaction with clerks for example.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jan 25, 2017 4:00 AM
May 2015
azoth212 said:
You should check out Blast of Tempest, not all shounen have one dimensional females, that and anime is just the tip of the iceberg, there are even some shounen that are in the romance genre, an instance would be Horimiya. You just need to dig deeper to find titles like these. If you're looking for a "realistic" main female character, I recommend you to read/watch Snow White with The Red Hair, I can assure the main character is anything but flat and one dimensional.

lol Snow White with the Red Hair was garbage
Jan 25, 2017 4:02 AM

Mar 2012
oryouohagi said:

As to support my argument, if you pay attention in most anime, female characters only talk about the male characters, there are almost no cases where they would talk about something else.

Sorry to inform you but that is very realistic. Whenever my female friends get together they always talk about boys, be it the ones around them or male film actors. Not every girl has interest in those sort of things but majority do. My friends from school, junior college, senior college and even post graduation just talk about boys most of the time, which honestly gets quite boring and annoying since those things don't interest me.
Jan 25, 2017 4:20 AM

Jan 2017
Trentor11 said:
azoth212 said:
You should check out Blast of Tempest, not all shounen have one dimensional females, that and anime is just the tip of the iceberg, there are even some shounen that are in the romance genre, an instance would be Horimiya. You just need to dig deeper to find titles like these. If you're looking for a "realistic" main female character, I recommend you to read/watch Snow White with The Red Hair, I can assure the main character is anything but flat and one dimensional.

lol Snow White with the Red Hair was garbage
Do you see any fuck I could give out there?
azoth212Jan 25, 2017 4:25 AM
"Now, come here. So long as we hold hands, we won't be separated."
Jan 25, 2017 4:36 AM

Mar 2015
Maou_heika said:
oryouohagi said:

As to support my argument, if you pay attention in most anime, female characters only talk about the male characters, there are almost no cases where they would talk about something else.

Sorry to inform you but that is very realistic. Whenever my female friends get together they always talk about boys, be it the ones around them or male film actors. Not every girl has interest in those sort of things but majority do. My friends from school, junior college, senior college and even post graduation just talk about boys most of the time, which honestly gets quite boring and annoying since those things don't interest me.

i love how people who screaming about "realism" oftenly the one that has really norrow minded and idealized view of "realism" it self that make it become utopia which is "Unrealistic" in a sense...
"If taking responsibility for a mistake that cannot be undone means death, it's not that hard to die. At least, not as hard as to live on."
Jan 25, 2017 6:30 AM

Nov 2014
how does this have anything to do with gender? why does it even matter? realism is not an inherently good thing, you're also wrong but whatever.
Jan 25, 2017 7:58 AM

Apr 2011
Voidd said:
how does this have anything to do with gender? why does it even matter? realism is not an inherently good thing, you're also wrong but whatever.

We just want for authors to put more effort in writing their characters. But not descriptive writing like their powers, their background, or situation. Not their attributes like their personality, quirk, stereotypes, fetishes and whatnot.

Give them more of their own drive, give them more means to live to the point of they'll do just fine on their own if you remove the protagonist completely (a.k.a. sense of independence). Give them clothes not as an accessory but as their own necessity. More emphasis on soul rather than vessel. etc ect.
Jan 25, 2017 8:11 AM

Nov 2014
allflying said:
Voidd said:

We just want for authors to put more effort in writing their characters. But not descriptive writing like their powers, their background, or situation. Not their attributes like their personality, quirk, stereotypes, fetishes and whatnot.

Give them more of their own drive, give them more means to live to the point of they'll do just fine on their own if you remove the protagonist completely (a.k.a. sense of independence). Give them clothes not as an accessory but as their own necessity. More emphasis on soul rather than vessel. etc ect.
eh. i don't really know what you're talking about, a characters background helps the viewers understand why they made the decisions that they made, which can be the foundation as to why they are the person they are today, it's how we understand their goals, i also see nothing wrong with quirks, they can individualize a character which is good.
Jan 25, 2017 8:20 AM

Apr 2012
allflying said:
Disregarding the fact that authors can write their shit however they want (free expression and all) and this is mostly not criticism because you're pretty much asking them to do it for you.

What you're describing already happens in Anime. I can't think of a single Anime besides the specific ones in which the protagonist is needed, e.g. taking care of a character that is disabled (or too young for example).
You don't really have a case.

And if you do, you do in the cases in which the plot is moved by the protagonist, that's why he is the protagonist though and that's what the Anime is about, the protagonists. If you want more than one protagonist, look for fiction that allows it, there are some authors that write multiple characters as protagonists.

Autocrat said:
Jan 25, 2017 8:49 AM
Jan 2017
It's simple they do what sell, want a change in "anime world"? Ok, just buy another type of anime, but i know the testosterone always wins against our brain.
Jan 25, 2017 8:59 AM

Apr 2011
Voidd said:
allflying said:

eh. i don't really know what you're talking about, a characters background helps the viewers understand why they made the decisions that they made, which can be the foundation as to why they are the person they are today, it's how we understand their goals, i also see nothing wrong with quirks, they can individualize a character which is good.

Yes, but then you're lacking balance. Balance, Darling. The balance of first and last paragraph.

Immahnoob said:
allflying said:
Disregarding the fact that authors can write their shit however they want (free expression and all) and this is mostly not criticism because you're pretty much asking them to do it for you.

What you're describing already happens in Anime. I can't think of a single Anime besides the specific ones in which the protagonist is needed, e.g. taking care of a character that is disabled (or too young for example).
You don't really have a case.

And if you do, you do in the cases in which the plot is moved by the protagonist, that's why he is the protagonist though and that's what the Anime is about, the protagonists. If you want more than one protagonist, look for fiction that allows it, there are some authors that write multiple characters as protagonists.

You too, monkey. Balance the character to make them more alive. And is that how you treat "suggestion"? Hurrrr..., you only want me to do want you want! Like that?

Of course, we consumers are free to do what we want too. Including bashing the authors (which is not what I was doing), give them critics and suggestion. If they (and you) are so deaf-minded to others' opinion. We're free to not to consume their works and move to something else. Or, do you really think that organic characters like what I've said only exist in my mind? :^)
Jan 25, 2017 9:06 AM

Apr 2012
@allflying
Unlike you though, I do not ask authors to do anything. I merely told you that it's a dumb statement that you made and it's also against free expression.

And you were bashing, otherwise you wouldn't claim it as a bad thing to then claim you want it to be changed. Otherwise are you saying that it's ok for authors to keep doing their characters as they wish?

Oh and of course, I do think that what you said is completely false. Most Anime does not suffer of the issue you're talking about.

Autocrat said:
Jan 25, 2017 11:31 AM

Oct 2015
hey life is unrealistic tough shitz
Jan 25, 2017 2:44 PM

Dec 2009
Most anime characters are not as unrealistic as you think. Go to japan and see how girls are there.

Often times they'll show the minority weirdos as common characters, but that doesn't mean those types of people don't exist.
❀桜舞う空〜                   Cute is Power.           🔗CosmoGenesis Project
“You cannot know what you do not know.”
“Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.”
“A truth seeker has no patience for BS.”

I seek only to improve myself and others.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

66 by SuperAdventure »»
13 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9071 by appledude1221 »»
13 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 11 hours ago

12 by LSSJ_Gaming »»
14 minutes ago

» Things you are jealous of in anime ( 1 2 )

IpreferEcchi - Apr 20

50 by traed »»
14 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 2 hours ago

7 by FanofAction »»
16 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.