Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jan 7, 2017 1:26 PM

Feb 2015
Kamidox said:
AkumaQueen said:
Need an anime recommendation for #59

Kiznaiver
Ore Monogatari!!
Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku

Lohuydahutt said:
I also need a recommendation for 59 because yeah, preferably something character driven

Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Kiznaiver
No.6 (this has some shounen ai elements, I'm not 100% sure you would like that)
Kotonoha no Niwa

Alright, thanks. A lot of these can work for other categories I have so I'll probably check most if not all of these out :3
Jan 7, 2017 1:36 PM

Jul 2016
I got boned and have to watch the 22+, 33+, and 50+ episode series.
So, for the 50+ episode one, I'm stuck between Turn A Gundam, Eureka Seven, and Rockman.EXE. Help me decide.
But for the 33+ one, I'm stuck between Gallery Fake, Macross, and After War Gundam X.
I'd prefer to not watch two Gundam series unless you recommend both. Help me out.
And super pumped to participate in my first challenge.
Jan 7, 2017 1:48 PM

Jan 2013
Time to start the challenge again.
Loving the bingo card addition, will still go for a full card though, try to see if I can actually beat my "medium" challenge last year.
Had a busy year but this year should be more relaxed ... I hope :D

Time to start finding some anime for the challenges I've gotten.

Also this list should be fine to read right @AWC_mod ?
I just dont like the standard formats every year and like to add my creativity, even if it's a little bit.
Jan 7, 2017 1:52 PM

Jan 2013
Sojin said:
aifukola said:
Can I use Usagi Drop? Rin's profile gives two ages, but does she grow up in the anime or is that possibly a manga exclusive thing? Well, in any case it'll be much easier to find a title for this item than last year. :^)
Rin stays a child in the anime, therefore you can use it!

Whatever you do, don't read the manga. - I don't know exactly what happens but hearing just 1 sentence from someone regarding it, it will ruin the show for you.
Jan 7, 2017 2:02 PM

Feb 2014
@Solo_Matu i recomend u this anime: Joshiraku.

With love, Arekusanda ♥
Jan 7, 2017 2:07 PM

Apr 2013
Can someone recommened an anime to me for the challenge number #59? :)
Thank you very much~
~Yuki_91's Special Badge~ Forumset made by Na11

Jan 7, 2017 2:07 PM

Mar 2012
I need a anime recommendation, check my list and the PTW. Please something with 1 or 2 cours.

Jan 7, 2017 2:12 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
If I watch an anime during the course of this year am I allowed to add it to my completion list of this challenge if it falls under the circumstances?
Like, in April 2017 let's say I finish an anime called Gun Those Mecas, can I add it to my mecha challenge even if I didn't plan it to begin with?
@Ascheherz Spice and Wolf is the only anime I could think about, since you're an huge watcher :3
@Yanzat Ro-Kyu-Bu! Maybe you'd like it ?
EmiliaHoarfrostJan 7, 2017 2:17 PM

Jan 7, 2017 2:12 PM

Oct 2014
i need a recommendation for #59 thanksss
Jan 7, 2017 2:14 PM

Jul 2014
Ascheherz said:
Thank you very much~
Kaguya-hime no Monogatari
Cowboy Bebop
Trigun
Akira
Planetes
Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Kaze no Tani no Nausicaä
Top wo Nerae! Gunbuster

Ascheherz said:
Thank you very much~
Gunnm
Kakurenbo
Jan 7, 2017 2:14 PM

Apr 2011
Lolsebca said:
If I watch an anime during the course of this year am I allowed to add it to my completion list of this challenge if it falls under the circumstances?
Like, in April 2017 let's say I finish an anime called Gun Those Mecas, can I add it to my mecha challenge even if I didn't plan it to begin with?

Of course, how else do you plan to fill in the challenge?

» "You've fought a valiant duel, my friend..." «

⍏⍏⍏⍏⍏

inspector @ MAL's anime watching challenge
Jan 7, 2017 2:18 PM

Mar 2016
i need a recommendation for #59. thanks already
Jan 7, 2017 2:18 PM

Jul 2012
Lolsebca said:

You don't have to fill in the shows you're using right away and you can change your pattern and difficulty at anytime if you want to add more.
Jan 7, 2017 2:19 PM

Apr 2013
@Lolsebca @mozgow Thank you very much for the recommentions
~Yuki_91's Special Badge~ Forumset made by Na11

Mar 2016
Yanzat said:
I need a anime recommendation, check my list and the PTW. Please something with 1 or 2 cours.
i rec Ookami to Koushinryou and/or Byousoku 5 Centimeter

Jan 2013
Lolsebca said:
@Ascheherz Spice and Wolf is the only anime I could think about, since you're an huge watcher :3
@Yanzat Ro-Kyu-Bu! Maybe you'd like it ?

Either you didn't specify correctly what you meant or you don't understand what the anime watching challenge is.

It's exactly meant to do what you just asked.
Watch anime over the year in question and add those anime what challenge it fits.
Jan 7, 2017 2:21 PM

Mar 2016
SilverSkyWolf said:
Anyone know how to link to bingo card?
do you me like this?

or like this
Bingo card

Jan 7, 2017 2:21 PM

Sep 2016
I need some help with #49, "Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese".
If someone else needs it, off the top of my head I can only think of Michiko Malandro (Brazilian), Viktor Nikiforov (Russian, same goes for Yuri Plisetsky), Pucca (Korean) and Juliet (Italian, same goes for Romeo).

I can't use her anyway, but would Asuka work for this?
KamidoxJan 7, 2017 2:26 PM
Jan 7, 2017 2:22 PM

May 2009
dvbx_073 said:
i need a recommendation for #59. thanks already

Claymore
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
Perfect Blue
Samurai Champloo
Jan 7, 2017 2:22 PM
Émilia Hoarfrost

Dec 2015
Lestat- said:
Lolsebca said:

Of course, how else do you plan to fill in the challenge?

Yes but I thought we were obliged to watch it after searching it...
Thanks for the reply though, have a nice day.

Jan 7, 2017 2:24 PM

Sep 2014
can someone please recommend an anime to me?
i like action and supernatural animes, but a good comedy/slice of life works too but preferably without any romance.

thanks!
Jan 7, 2017 2:26 PM

Jan 2013
PrOxAnto said:
Sojin said:
Rin stays a child in the anime, therefore you can use it!

Whatever you do, don't read the manga. - I don't know exactly what happens but hearing just 1 sentence from someone regarding it, it will ruin the show for you.
Well this is encouraging. :^) Might read the manga just for that. :^) But nah I probably won't, I'm too lazy reading manga anyway.
Jan 7, 2017 2:30 PM

Mar 2016
Does it count if I re-watch something I've already seen in the past ?
Jan 7, 2017 2:30 PM

Mar 2016
uzuka said:
can someone please recommend an anime to me?
i like action and supernatural animes, but a good comedy/slice of life works too but preferably without any romance.

thanks!
I rec New Game! its a pure slice of life anime without romance
Jan 7, 2017 2:33 PM

May 2009
Batsmo said:

no. the point of the challenge is to watch stuff you haven't watched yet,
Jan 7, 2017 2:33 PM

Mar 2016
Batsmo said:
The point of the challenge is to watch new anime, therefore i dont think we are allowed to put anime we have already seen, even if you re-watch it during 2017
Jan 7, 2017 2:35 PM

May 2010
Heyo, I need a recommendation for #59! No ecchi or harem please, and no more than 26 episodes. Cheers! :)
Jan 7, 2017 2:36 PM

Sep 2013
Can someone recommend me a few Anime for 59, please?

No Romance or Slice of Life, preferably 1 or 2 cours.
Jan 7, 2017 2:38 PM

Nov 2014
Any good "Music" Type Recommendations for #4? I've only watched Shelter and Love Live songs before. If you also have some for #43. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field, can I get some suggestions? Thank you in advance.
Jan 7, 2017 2:39 PM

Mar 2016
Cauliflower said:
Heyo, I need a recommendation for #59! No ecchi or harem please, and no more than 26 episodes. Cheers! :)
I recommend you Fate/Zero since you have already seen and enjoyed F/SN: UBW
Jan 7, 2017 2:41 PM

Sep 2013
Cauliflower said:

I reccomend the following Anime from your Plan To Watch list:
Claymore
Gungrave
Shiki
Katanagatari
Jan 7, 2017 2:51 PM

Mar 2010
I need some recommendation for #59. I would prefer something with cute girls doing cute things, I can't get tired of this trope.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 7, 2017 3:12 PM

Aug 2013
"62- Watch an anime that hasn't been reviewed"

Does https://myanimelist.net/anime/33988/Demi-chan_wa_Kataritai counts? (no review since I included xD )

Need recommendations for "59 - Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread"

2016 or prior, TV-series, 10+ episodes (23min+), If possible something you really liked ant think more people should watch ^^
Jan 7, 2017 3:16 PM

Feb 2014
TundraIB said:
Any good "Music" Type Recommendations for #4? I've only watched Shelter and Love Live songs before. If you also have some for #43. Watch an anime with a main character that is a professional in his field, can I get some suggestions? Thank you in advance.

Sure, here are my favorite Music types
Survival
Computer Obaachan
Wonder
Maria†Holic: Run Run Riru Ran Ran Rara
Bohemian Rhapsody
Jan 7, 2017 3:16 PM

May 2009
jhoson14 said:
Need recommendations for "59 - Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread"

2016 or prior, TV-series, 10+ episodes (23min+), If possible something you really liked ant think more people should watch ^^

i think everyone on earth should watch arakawa under the bridge.
Jan 7, 2017 3:19 PM

Jul 2013
If you started and finished anime during 2017, but before you started the challenge - can you still use that anime?
LixaxyJan 7, 2017 3:59 PM
Jan 7, 2017 3:22 PM

May 2015
Orzi said:
I need some recommendation for #59. I would prefer something with cute girls doing cute things, I can't get tired of this trope.

Don't dig the genre too much myself, but I'd say iDOLM@ster looks right up your alley

Mar 2016
Lixaxy said:
If you started and finished anime during 2017, but before you started the challenge - can you still use that anime?
Yes you can use the anime as long as it was started in 2017

Aug 2013
protoplasm said:

i think everyone on earth should watch arakawa under the bridge.

Been on my plan to watch for a while, will be using it for the challenge.

Ty for the recommendation :)
Jan 7, 2017 3:25 PM

Feb 2014
Lixaxy said:

Yes, you can, I have stuff I read in January 1 on my MRC in fact.
Jan 7, 2017 3:33 PM

May 2015
Kamidox said:
I need some help with #49, "Watch an anime with a human main character that is not Japanese".
If someone else needs it, off the top of my head I can only think of Michiko Malandro (Brazilian), Viktor Nikiforov (Russian, same goes for Yuri Plisetsky), Pucca (Korean) and Juliet (Italian, same goes for Romeo).

I can't use her anyway, but would Asuka work for this?

Uhhhh, off the top of my head, anyone from Baccano!(Americans, for the most part), Ciel Phantomhive from Black Butler (English, do kind-of-but-not-really-fantasy-settings count?), Angelo Lagusa from 91 Days (American), Revy from Black Lagoon (Chinese). Also, Lupin should be ok too.
JoePanichelliJan 7, 2017 3:37 PM
Jan 7, 2017 3:34 PM

Nov 2013
hi, first time doing this and looking kinda complicated atm lol,

while starting to edit this part, i need to write the number, what it means, and delete the url anime part or do i keep it there and edit after completed??

[*][Started: <date>] [Finished: <date>] <##>. <Item Text> : [color=<legend_color>]<anime_title>[/color]

also lets say i want to place "fuuka" in there, what do i edit on that anime part?
fav "new" girls from winter <3 (2 extra girls this time, but 36 seasonals so whatever) ... click sig for older seasons and more possible picks
Jan 7, 2017 3:39 PM

Mar 2016
winddevil1 said:
hi, first time doing this and looking kinda complicated atm lol,

while starting to edit this part, i need to write the number, what it means, and delete the url anime part or do i keep it there and edit after completed??

[*][Started: <date>] [Finished: <date>] <##>. <Item Text> : [color=<legend_color>]<anime_title>[/color]

also lets say i want to place "fuuka" in there, what do i edit on that anime part?
So basically you take this
where it says "<##>" "put the corrisponding challenge ##" ex. 03

for "<Item text>" put "Watch a short anime"

and where it says "url=" replace the current link there with this "url=https://myanimelist.net/anime/33743/Fuuka"

and where it says "<anime title>" put "Fuuka"

hopefully this answers your question the result should look like this

[Started: Jan. 6th] [Finished: Jan. 7th] 03. Watch a short anime : Fuuka
now i know fuuka isnt a short anime i just used challenge 3 for explanations sake
SojinJan 7, 2017 3:45 PM
Jan 7, 2017 3:41 PM

Nov 2014
Any TV type recommendations? (challenge 59)
Jan 7, 2017 3:44 PM

Sep 2016
JoePanichelli said:

Uhhhh, off the top of my head, anyone from Baccano!(Americans, for the most part), Ciel Phantomhive from Black Butler (English, do kind-of-but-not-really-fantasy-settings count?), Angelo Lagusa from 91 Days (American), Revy from Black Lagoon (Chinese). Also, Lupin should be ok too.

Alright, thank you. I think this is enough.
Jan 7, 2017 3:48 PM

Mar 2016
bad_news_brown said:
Any TV type recommendations? (challenge 59)
I rec NHK ni Youkoso

JestemGosiek said:
'Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread'
So. What would you recommend? Up to 12 episodes, not harem, please.
I rec Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo
Jan 7, 2017 3:50 PM

May 2015
JestemGosiek said:
'Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread'
So. What would you recommend? Up to 12 episodes, not harem, please.

Seeing how Tatami Galaxy is one of your favorites and comparing affinity, I'd recommend Ping Pong The Animation. It's directed by Masaaki Yuasa, packing the same freeform animation and devilishly clever absurdity of the Tatami Galaxy. It's 11 episodes. I loved it
Jan 7, 2017 3:52 PM

Mar 2016
random question: would rewatching a series be allowed to act as finishing one of the challenges, as long as that anime you are rewatching fulfils a challenge's specifications?
Jan 7, 2017 3:53 PM

Dec 2016
I'm looking for some recommendations for #14 (Watch an anime which began airing between 1917 and 1959). Anybody have any suggestions?
Jan 7, 2017 3:54 PM

Mar 2016
MegaJeffsta said:
random question: would rewatching a series be allowed to act as finishing one of the challenges, as long as that anime you are rewatching fulfils a challenge's specifications?
The point of the challenge is to watch and explore new anime therefore re watching an anime would not count.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Visual Novels — General Thread

Shizuna - Today

36 by rohan121 »»
42 seconds ago

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list? ( 1 2 )

PushedCaraway - Apr 25

51 by Hikinekomori »»
1 minute ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that.

APolygons2 - 9 hours ago

16 by Lucifrost »»
6 minutes ago

» I made a fake anime seasonal chart using AI. Which of these sounds interesting to you? ( 1 2 3 )

FFandMMfan - Apr 13

131 by FFandMMfan »»
7 minutes ago

Poll: » What's with all the hate from the MAL community towards Anitubers? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 25

76 by Hikinekomori »»
9 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.