Forum Settings
Forums

TV Anime 'Clockwork Planet' Cast and Staff Members Announced

New
Dec 22, 2016 8:03 AM

Nov 2007
An official website for TV anime Clockwork Planet has launched and announced the cast and staff members. The series is scheduled to premiere in April 2017 on TBS and BS-TBS.

Cast
Naoto Miura: Yoshino Nanjo (Robotics;Notes)
RyuZU: Ai Kakuma (Gakusen Toshi Asterisk)
Marie Bell Breguet: Saori Oonishi (Amanchu!)
Vainney Halter: Kenichirou Matsuda (Ghost in the Shell: Arise)
AnchoR: Sayaka Senbongi (Gi(a)rlish Number)

Staff
Director: Tsuyoshi Nagasawa (Haiyore! Nyaruko-san)
Series Composition: Kenji Sugihara (Shiki)
Character Design: Hidekazu Shimamura (Hachimitsu to Clover)
Mechanical Design: Kenji Teraoka (Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom)
Prop Design: Yoshitomo Hara (Rinne no Lagrange)
Worldview Setting: Yasumitsu Suetake (Spriggan Settings), Kio Edamatsu (Magi: Sinbad no Bouken Conceptual Design)
Art Design: Masahiro Kubota (Gangsta.)
Art Director: Masatoshi Kai (So Ra No Wo To)
Color Setting: Taeko Mizuno (Shisha no Teikoku)
3DCG: Yuuki Funakoshi (Oreca Battle CGI Design)
Director of Photography: Kenji Takehara (Noir)
Editing: Masahiro Matsumura (Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?)
Sound Director: Satoshi Motoyama (91 Days)
Music: Shuu Kanematsu (Joukamachi no Dandelion), Hanae Nakamura, Kaori Nakano, Soushi Houno (Kantai Collection: KanColle Ending Theme Composition)
Studio: Xebec

Official site: http://www.tbs.co.jp/anime/cp/
Official Twitter: @ClockworkAnime

Source: Moca News

News submitted by edge13
tsubasaloverDec 22, 2016 8:13 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Dec 22, 2016 8:12 AM
Jul 2018
Xebec eh? I found the LN pretty average, had some narration problems with sudden mood-shift(maybe becoz of the translations). Hope the anime can fix that.
Dec 22, 2016 8:44 AM

Dec 2015
So fucking pumped for this!
Dec 22, 2016 9:16 AM

Dec 2015
Sounds like it could be something good, will be checking it out.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 22, 2016 9:35 AM
Jan 2009
Did anyone else get to the words "light novel" and immediately tune out to the idea of it being good
Dec 22, 2016 9:47 AM

Dec 2014
I hope ...it is worth the the watch

by the way love your new avatar @Nyron
Dec 22, 2016 10:53 AM

Dec 2016
Good to see Yoshino Nanjo in one of the main roles :)
Anyway, I have read the light novel before, and it did leave a good impression on me,hopefully the anime will do the same.

Nyron said:
Did anyone else get to the words "light novel" and immediately tune out to the idea of it being good

I actually thought the light novel was quite good.
Dec 22, 2016 11:00 AM

Jun 2008
Seems interesting.
Dec 22, 2016 11:56 AM

Mar 2013
Kakuma Ai as RyuZu? Nice constelation, if she in her Isuzu-voice speaks... - Well, I'll of course looking forward...
Dec 22, 2016 12:08 PM

Feb 2016
Could either be typical LN trash or be really interesting, its by the same author of NGNL which is I liked alot so it could be either way.
Dec 22, 2016 1:18 PM

Aug 2015
This can either be really good or really bad, either way, definitely watching this!
Dec 22, 2016 1:25 PM

Feb 2015
Nyron said:

I mean yeah some light novel adaptions can be bad but some can also surprise us and be really good.
Re:zero
Spice and wolf
Durarara
Grimgar of fantasy and ash

All really good in my opinion so the whole medium shouldn't be knocked because of a few trashy adaptions, cus there are also good ones.
Dec 22, 2016 4:49 PM
Luny Tunes

Feb 2012
Ai Kakuma as RyuZU? Now I'm reminded of Terminus Est from Blade Dance!

I like the cast. Wasn't expecting Saori Oonishi to voice Marie and wow! Naoto will have a female seiyuu!

Another series to look forward to in Spring! I'm excited. :)
Dec 22, 2016 6:42 PM
Jul 2018
Staff wise looks pretty good along with the cast selection, and I'm surprised Xebec is behind the show. o-o
Dec 22, 2016 6:56 PM

Oct 2010
All I need from this adaptation is to get the same excitement I got from the light novel. Beside that, I see no reason to be looking forward to this adaptation.
Dec 22, 2016 7:00 PM

Nov 2012
Xebec, huh. I've heard decent things about the light novel (surprisingly) but even with an above average list of staff I'll wait until we have actual anime designs to be excited/disappointed. Xebec doesn't have a great track record with adaptations and I see no reason to believe this will be an exception yet.
Dec 22, 2016 9:33 PM

May 2015
Whose bright idea was to hire Tsuyoshi Nagasawa (MM!, Haiyore!, and Kyou no 5 no 2) to direct this? That’s already a disappointment.... Kenji Sugihara in charge of the series composition isn’t reassuring either, but still better than the director.

Frankly, most of staff announced that will be working on this isn't doing for me. The Lance N' Masques look-alike character designs are a bit of a turn off also.

VA cast is fair.

My expectations for this are pretty low now; bottom of the barrel low… So I guess that’s good, as having no expectations will bring no disappointment.

Since it’ll premier on TBS and BS-TBS then we can almost be sure this will be 12 episodes long.

We ultimately fear what spawns from within us ~Shinsekai yori
Music is freedom. ~Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Dec 23, 2016 12:29 AM

Jan 2014
symbiotic said:
Nyron said:

I mean yeah some light novel adaptions can be bad but some can also surprise us and be really good.
Re:zero
Spice and wolf
Durarara
Grimgar of fantasy and ash

All really good in my opinion so the whole medium shouldn't be knocked because of a few trashy adaptions, cus there are also good ones.
Shed some tears man...Papa Bless...People thinking all LN adaptations are and will be bad gives me cancer, and most of them are so preoccupied with hating LNs that they will probably not like the adaptation even if its good...
Dec 23, 2016 4:40 AM

Oct 2010
zero-r said:

The Lance N' Masques look-alike character designs are a bit of a turn off also.

Lance N'Masques, Sunday Without God and Clockwork Planet light novel illustrator is the same guy thus the similarity.
Dec 23, 2016 8:39 AM

Apr 2008
Sento as RyuZU will be absolute fucking PERFECTION. Given Anchor is the last name on the list it seems the anime will only do up to the point that the manga currently is in scanlations
Dec 23, 2016 10:15 AM

Aug 2015
The visual looks cool and the synopsis seems interesting. Added to PTW.
Jan 3, 2017 4:57 AM

Dec 2015
Darklight0303 said:
Sento as RyuZU will be absolute fucking PERFECTION. Given Anchor is the last name on the list it seems the anime will only do up to the point that the manga currently is in scanlations

So does that mean 12 episodes? :s
Jan 3, 2017 4:58 AM

Apr 2008
Robiiii said:
Darklight0303 said:

So does that mean 12 episodes? :s

That sounds about right
Jan 3, 2017 5:37 AM

Mar 2015
Looks pretty interesting so far. It's like one of those steampunk-ish anime isn't it? And the MC have a very bluish hair... is that blue even normal for anime MC guys?

Jan 3, 2017 6:10 AM

Jul 2014
They pulled out all the stops to make sure all the female legs are prominently placed on the cover. And given the title, I expect this is a direct reaction to the "we want to throw money uncritically at steampunk" movement.

zero-r said:
Whose bright idea was to hire Tsuyoshi Nagasawa (MM!, Haiyore!, and Kyou no 5 no 2) to direct this?.

Do you not see the legs on the cover?
This is Legs: The anime.
Aka. a direct sequel to both MM! and Haiyore! Nyaruko-San.

Anime really is the only entertainment medium I can think of where directors have way too much influence. This guy is transparent like boiled penguin egg.
Red_TuesdayJan 3, 2017 6:16 AM
Jan 12, 2017 8:56 AM

Sep 2011
Sounds generic but xebec can actually be pretty damn great when they go for sci fi. Dont think this has the potential for greatness but who knows ill give it the benefit of the doubt.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

More topics from this board

» GoHands Produces Original TV Anime 'Momentary Lily' for Winter 2025

DatRandomDude - 11 hours ago

12 by _ATG_ »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Senpai ga Uzai Kouhai no Hanashi' Ends with 13th Volume

Hyperion_PS - 8 hours ago

7 by Yubisoft »»
4 hours ago

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 24

5 by Kushna »»
11 hours ago

» 'Code Geass: Dakkan no Rozé' Announces Additional Cast

DatRandomDude - Apr 10

17 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 4:09 PM

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
Yesterday, 1:34 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.