Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 20, 2016 4:02 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah this was so predictable in the end...

Using spiritual energy and building up with pure determination to overcome obstacles. The story just felt so blend in the end. Well whatever, at least the show is over. I didn't expect much from this from the start. Ending seems rather open ended too.
Stark700Dec 20, 2016 4:14 AM
Dec 20, 2016 4:44 AM

Aug 2016
Season 2?
This anime was good, loved the OP and ED, I give it a 7/10 :)
Nanika ga Okashii
Dec 20, 2016 6:44 AM

Jan 2015
Everyone's finally helping each other in this pinch situation. Including Gien that come to the rescue.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Dec 20, 2016 9:49 AM
Mar 2016
Whoa, what's with that "Tomorrow" note, isn't it that this anime runs for only 12 episodes?
Dec 20, 2016 11:23 AM

Dec 2014
When in trouble, always believe in the power of your friends. :)
Blonde haired antagonist plotting to betray the emperor once he gets his hand on the God cards. Marik Ishtar in the making. XD

Overall, this series was very appalling and bland to me from the start. You could see that it was trying to be something but ultimately felt very uninspired and boring. Couldn't really care for any of the characters, some of the story aspects felt very deus ex and generic. Not to mention that the MC's reaction to this entire scenario seems very unrealistic, He's just a normal guy who was thrown into a death game and he doesn't even show the slightest hint of bewilderment. He instantly accepts Shuuyu and in the very first fight he even uses some of his magic which he never knew he had. Not to mention he was ready to throw away his life for Shuuyu who he had met like moments before. Those opening episodes felt really unnatural to me.
I suppose the historical aspect of this show might have been something to watch it for, unfortunately I don't really know anything about Chinese history so that point was mute for me.
I was hoping to at least like the battle aspects of the show but unfortunately that was plagued with these stupid splatter kind of effects which were very distracting and their usage felt really pointless. Not to mention the overall art style with dark vertical lines.

4/10 , Well at least I had fun trying to imitate Yugioh while watching this show. XD
Dec 20, 2016 3:39 PM

May 2015
And it's finally over. Didn't really like it nor enjoy it. 4/10.

Dec 20, 2016 3:54 PM

Dec 2016
Interesting series, I don't know anything about Chinese.

I guess from the ending that there will be a season 2?

It's kinda funny hearing Barini saying friends and cooperation are stupid because his VA is the same as Natsu Drageel from Fairy Tail. Natsu won't shut up about nakama power.
Dec 21, 2016 1:11 AM
Mar 2012
Interesting premise, esp on erased 3 kingdoms history & villain side (2 main badies + trying to revive SithLord), but poor actual plot, & bland protagonists, hard to care them.
Memory loss of heros, mana & a few mechanics were notable, but otherwise card tropey with Fate copies.
Best part was music and mostly good art (unfortunately very messy ink style).
Mc spews cliches:
u duno until u try! - belongs in Brave Witches
Friendship is power! - ok...

Annoying villain spams teleport trope. Funny how mc uses it, at least his tactics are more reasonable.
Dec 22, 2016 1:24 PM
Nov 2010
Hardly anything impressive about this show. Its story isn't really gripping, its characters are pretty one-dimensional and it doesn't look too good either. Those watermarks and stuff were more of a bother than what was probably intended. The soundtrack and scene transitions felt quite awkward a few times, too.

The only good things I found in this series are the opening and the ending and a few of the drawings, mostly of the characters.
Tomislavr7Dec 23, 2016 4:20 AM
Dec 22, 2016 9:31 PM

Oct 2008
Gien sacrificed himself inorder for the three lords to escape.
Barini is not expecting to be friend but he'll join Sonshin & Ryou'un cuz he's still has some unfinished business against Hakuanshi.
Shuuyu finally said "my Lord" to Sonshin.
4/5.
6/10.
This is not finished yet right!? there's gotta be S2 for climax and we didn't even get closure.

Dec 25, 2016 3:31 PM

Jun 2013
Well I was kind of expecting this from a Chinese manhua since they are usually bad. And this show managed to keep this tradition alive with its mediocre 8 minute long episodes. Also the mesh like design they used to overlay the main animation was quite annoying.

5/10
Dec 26, 2016 9:13 PM

Dec 2012
LMAO at the intro saying "A big rock...stands in their way."

They escaped.

Ryou'un oppai on point throughout all the episodes.

Damn you Baryou. Don't go kissing the hand of Sonshin's future girl.

Hope there will be a season 2 without the dirt stains on the screen. I need to see more of the beautiful, Ryou'un.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 30, 2016 6:59 AM
Dec 2016
We will see second season?
Jan 19, 2017 4:16 AM

Dec 2012
In this last episode, the story seemed improvised on the moment. The story of the all show was so predictable and uninteresting.
The stains on the screen during all the actions scenes were also a very bad idea, it looked ridiculous. But at least the opening was good.
Jan 21, 2017 5:32 AM

Jun 2014
The ending was average overall. Nothing really surprising happened, other than the fact that Barin cares more about Soshin and Ryou'un than he lets on. The last moment of the episode was pretty funny too, with Shuu Yu calling Soshin her lord and him being like, "What, what?"

Overall, this series was good. It definitely should have been a full-length series (as parts of this felt incredibly rushed), and having it take place in a span of a few days was absolutely ridiculous. The characters were all right, the animation was decent outside of some odd art choices, the score was nice, and the voice acting was good at points. Always happy to hear Rui Tanabe in more stuff!

Though I'm honestly quite curious to know who Hakuanshi was. I'm not really knowledgeable on the Romance of the Three Kingdoms to place him in there, but I could recognize his seiyuu. Hopefully that won't remain a mystery forever.

Overall, I'd give this a 7/10. It's pretty clear this won't be getting a second season considering that no one cares about this show (including its staff; the website hasn't been updated in a while), but the ending does leave things pretty open.
Feb 2, 2017 5:20 PM

May 2012
A pretty predictable and average ending, but well in general while this anime was short, it wasn't all too bad either.
Nov 20, 2019 8:54 PM

Apr 2012
The entire series was dumb AF. A bunch of recycled ideas compacted into 11 minutes and stretched for 12 episodes. The pacing was way off, the set location was inconsistent because it looked like they were in Japan suddenly transitioned into what seemed like Venice Italy and to top it off; the sequence of events gives you the impression that everything happened overnight. All of the good guys bonded and trusted each other in one night? Ugh... stupid. I was going to give it a 4 but the ridiculous and annoying art style made me give it a well deserved 3/10
Janethan23Nov 20, 2019 9:06 PM
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Jan 22, 2022 9:05 PM

Mar 2016
idk why one of the review said this anime has worse animation. Honestly the animation is far better than most average 'action-packed anime' today.

For rushed pacing problem. It's not something new for mid-range or short series like this. Idk why people complain about it
RioAlJan 22, 2022 9:09 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Soul Buster Episode 6 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 8, 2016

10 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 21, 3:01 AM

Poll: » Soul Buster Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2016

9 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 20, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Soul Buster Episode 4 Discussion

PhylloNakamura - Oct 25, 2016

14 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 20, 9:34 PM

Poll: » Soul Buster Episode 3 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2016

18 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 20, 9:28 PM

Poll: » Soul Buster Episode 2 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2016

27 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 20, 9:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.