Forum Settings
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 22, 2017 6:06 PM

Apr 2015
HapHazrD said:
Eren has the powers of both the attack titan and the coordinate titan. Does that mean his 13 years of lifespan have been halved to 6.5 ? It would surely raise the stakes, leaving him just a bit more than a year to close this conflict, and bringing the climax of the manga closer. I think that's what the author is going for.

Soli18 said:
I just hope that Eren can somehow change his fate with the 8 years man.

I need to see him with Mikasa in the future as husband and wife if not I will rage.

Then I hope you rage away, cause a happy ending doesn't fit this story imo. Bittersweet is fine.

Okay...? I think a sweet ending will fit very well.
Jul 30, 2017 6:03 PM
Jul 2016
Wow! this is getting more & more interesting!
Shingeki No Kyojin never failed me!
Isayama really know how to make a manga worth reading!
10/10
Sep 14, 2017 10:59 AM

Dec 2015
Attacking Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) is Eren's titan eh? This must suck for the idiots that decided to name the English title 'Attack on Titan'.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Sep 14, 2017 4:07 PM

Aug 2012
joe_g7 said:
Attacking Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) is Eren's titan eh? This must suck for the idiots that decided to name the English title 'Attack on Titan'.
That idiot you're calling was Isayama btw
Sep 14, 2017 4:51 PM

Dec 2015
sim0n2170 said:
joe_g7 said:
Somehow I doubt Isayama wanted the English version of his manga to be called 'Attack on Titan'. It just doesn't make sense.
Sep 14, 2017 10:39 PM

Jan 2015
joe_g7 said:
sim0n2170 said:
Somehow I doubt Isayama wanted the English version of his manga to be called 'Attack on Titan'. It just doesn't make sense.

isayama isn't good with english, not back then for sure either. the english name was written on japanese volumes too
Sep 15, 2017 8:35 AM

Dec 2015
flame2frost said:
joe_g7 said:

isayama isn't good with english, not back then for sure either. the english name was written on japanese volumes too
When you put it that way, then it does make sense.
Oct 28, 2017 11:22 PM

Apr 2016
Eren will be 23 in 8 years, and Armin will be 28 in 13 years… I don’t want to see them die so young. :( Like many others have said, it would be a tragedy for Mikasa to lose her two friends; it was already cruel enough that Mikasa’s biological parents died in front of her eyes, and she lost her adoptive parents too… T.T Mikasa would be all alone, if the only living people she cares for die…

Will Eren and Armin pass their titan powers to people, or will they choose to die and have random Eladians born with their abilities? I don’t know how I would feel about a miraculous cure that will save Eren and Armin… I really hope the ‘Curse of Ymir,’ as it’s been labeled, is false. 13 years to live after inheriting a titan’s power, is too short and cruel!

I don’t know how I feel about Kruger’s choice… It’s true that if the Marleyans knew Dina was royalty, and if they kept her alive…she may have been forced to procreate for them. But we know now that Dina ate Carla and Hannes, and then Eren orchestrated her death… Poor Dina :( Either way, Dina didn’t and wouldn’t have had a happy life, after Zeke told the Marleyans about the Eldian restorationists.

Drake1000 said:
I don't think that the truth behind "the devil and Ymir" will ever be revealed, that would ruin the narrative that both sides don't fully know the true history and are just going with what they believe in.
Exactly, I don’t think we’ll know the truth that Grisha asked for. Overall, it may be impossible to know everything. Like Kruger said, if the Eldians engaged in 17 centuries of ethnic cleansing, there wouldn't be a single Marleyan left. + The Eldians may be just claiming that Ymir only brought wealth and nothing else. This reminds me of real-life situations as well, since people strongly believe in what they do, even if there are no concrete facts.

I feel bad for Carla, because she married Grisha, without knowing that he planned to put their son in danger, and she knew nothing about the Eldians. I wonder if Carla asked, “Why do you want to name our son Eren?” Naming their son, Eren, was a reminder to Grisha, of his mission for 10 years... Although, it is great that Grisha learned from his past mistake with Zeke, to not only raise Eren as a child who would fight for the Eldians. But it’s too bad the Marleyans attacked their Wall, before Grisha could bring Eren to his basement and reveal everything. .______. I think Grisha loved Carla and Eren, but it makes me a little sad that Grisha intentionally made a family inside the walls, to pass on his titan power… Without the desire to pass on his power, would Grisha still marry Carla and have Eren?

I agree that Grisha probably admired or respected Kruger, because Kruger did change Grisha’s life forever. While Grisha no longer held onto hatred and was filled with sins, Kruger’s cool speech really pushed Grisha to stand again, and fight for the Eldians. If the circumstances were different, Kruger and Grisha would be great comrades who could confide in each other.

Grisha’s first lines on the second page, “I suppose I need to explain to you what the ocean is,” made me sad. Last volume, no one knew what a photograph was. Living inside the walls for decades, I forgot for a moment that they haven’t laid eyes on the ocean… I’m starting to appreciate the ocean now. X) That one panel that showed the doves flying in the sky looked really peaceful. :)

I love how cool Kruger was, when he wiped the blood from his lips, and said, “So. Anything you want to ask me?” If I were Grisha, I’d be too shocked to think of anything to say – Kruger just killed the Marleyans in his titan form .______. When Grisha said he didn’t know what to ask first, I’m sad; we know what Kruger meant when he said, “Sorry, but I don’t have that kind of time.” T_____T And Kruger was caring, when he told Grisha, “Stop it. Think of your fingers.” I appreciate Kruger, but too bad he’s dead…
Ryunuosuke said:
The conversations between the Owl and Grisha was so good. Kruegal's past was brutal as fuck. Watching his families being burnt alive. "Watch the world through a crack in the door" Like how he made that connection, like how he witnessed the same thing as a kid.
Learning that bit about Kruger’s past was so tragic…. T_____T For Kruger, history was being repeated, not only when he witnessed his family being burnt alive by the Marleyans, but also when he killed the Eldians. x(

“I was a bad father… A bad husband… And a bad man. So why…why am I the only one left standing here as a human..?” <- Oh Grisha, don’t say that… :( You had every reason to be alive. I’ll quote Lacus Clyne from Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: “The world belongs to you just as much as you belong to the world. For you were born, and that gives you the right to exist.” I think Lacus’s statement applies to everyone, Marleyans and Elidans. It’s a tragedy that Attack on Titan is not a world without war... :/

It’s great to see that the titan Eren inherited is known as the Attack Titan, which explains the title of our story. Naming the story Attack on Titan was great camouflage to Eren being the attack titan – the titan that moves forward. Before we learned the history of the Eldians and Marleyans, I think readers assumed that the story is called Attack on Titan, because of our characters’ battle against the titans. So, it’s good to see or understand the title in a new way. :)
Cloe900311Oct 28, 2017 11:31 PM
Feb 3, 2018 12:29 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Attack/Atacante Titan!!! kekeke
Oct 26, 2018 6:49 PM

Mar 2018
Glad this was a good chapter. I was close to dropping this series after the basement reveal.
Dec 3, 2018 10:23 PM
Nov 2014
Mike_ptbr said:
So how that ritual from the king of the walls was happening?

I'm pretty sure the 1st king was living more than 13 years, I mean, I can't believe he switched his body from 12 on 12 years to keep him alive.

They installed fake kings whose life spans weren't limited to 13 years. The real royal family then changed their name into Reiss family. Reiss family have always had many children, because they need a new king every 13 years.
Feb 23, 2020 9:41 AM

Jan 2016
The Owls name was Eren, and Eren was 100% named after that guy.

Also that was some heckin good backstory, rip that Eren will confirm be eaten alive (probably) in 8 years.
Mikasa sad as heck.
Dec 27, 2020 6:43 PM

Sep 2011
Oh no, so Armin and Eren have a short life span. Eren only has 8 years. T.T

With the title of the series revealed to be the name of the titan of Eren, the translation 'Attack on Titans' don't make sense.

13 years is too short. Reiss family must be had many heirs to keep the Founding Titan in the family
Mar 5, 2022 12:56 PM
Sep 2020
keragamming said:
I knew the both the Marley story and eldian story was either exaggerated or complete bullshit, its like different religion, where each religion has their own belief, with no solid proof for any of them.

voidepression said:

won't having the powers of 2 titans shorten his lifespan even more? Guess next chapter is the end of the flashback and we'll probably see how he took the royal titan powers again. So the 9 titans' powers are automatically pass on to the offsprings if they don't transfer them? More devil/alien than biology like Higurashi. Zeke's flashback is probably coming soon, Curious to see his pov and his stance.

The answer is simple he did not get his powers until maybe when he was a teen, a lot of people speculate that Zeke is 27 base of the time period.

Yes, all nine shifters only have 13 years to live, including the coordinate holder.
and we know who that holder of the coordinate is ,goddammit,isayama you madlad
Dec 4, 2022 12:33 PM
Sep 2022
Like the lastest chapter, it's nice the comparative with eren
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 138 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Mar 5, 2021

1128 by Berry-Vodka »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 139 / Ending Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

NextUniverse - Apr 7, 2021

1875 by Berry-Vodka »»
10 hours ago

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 4 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 11, 2011

25 by HenryDanger »»
Apr 24, 6:34 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 141 Discussion

venti_e - Sep 30, 2022

32 by Berry-Vodka »»
Apr 20, 1:36 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Chapter 77 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jan 7, 2016

137 by Berry-Vodka »»
Mar 31, 12:03 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.