Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 6, 2008 7:35 PM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty good episode. Nagisa's past, Sunohara's little talk with Tomoya, the baseball game, and even Fuko's Zombie Dance. But I dont think there was enough of the rest of the cast, nonetheless a good episode.

Just 4 more episodes before the finale (actually 3 since one is an "extra" episode). I pray for a happy ending.
\
Mar 7, 2008 12:47 AM

Dec 2007
good episode.

the Nagisa arc is finally getting interesting.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 7, 2008 1:37 AM

Apr 2007
I really loved the picnic scenes.

and of course loli Nagisa <3
Mar 7, 2008 3:14 AM
Aug 2007
I don't watch the next ep previews since I don't like to get excited and then have to wait, but in my opinion by the way the episode ended...I just have a feeling that Nagisa's just gonna collapse because of her poor health or something like that. Though, I'm probably wrong.

It was a good ep, though. I laughed each time Akio didn't realize that Sanae was standing right next to him. And then when he got Nagisa to say that she fell in love with Tomoya. I was just like "WOAH." xD
Mar 7, 2008 4:43 AM

Nov 2007
Great episode, Nagisa-Chan's past was sad thought... it almost looks like tomoya is part of the family already to xD
And the last part was really funny... but next episode preview looks a little sad in my eyes
Mar 7, 2008 6:13 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, i laughed at the part: "Did you fell in love? YE.... o father!!!"

~de Arimasu
Mar 7, 2008 7:18 AM

Nov 2007
"Did you fall in love?"
"Ye-"
That was a cute ending. Can't wait to see last 3 eps.
Mar 7, 2008 8:53 AM

Aug 2007
Good episode. The picnic scene really was awesome. It looks like they noticed each others feelings (finally).

3 more episodes :(
Mar 7, 2008 9:13 AM

Jan 2008
Wyvr said:
Wow, i laughed at the part: "Did you fell in love? YE.... o father!!!"

My favorite part of the episode. But, did anyway else think that Nagisa's past was going to be so simple? It is pretty much the basic story of every family and their first child (aside from the parent's selfishness, and they weren't even that bad, look at Hayate's parents for an example of worse lol). Also, isn't that poorest idea for a play, how could that even work on stage? This episode was way too happy, I foresee a terrible downfall of that euphoria soon (of course deep down inside I wish that wasn't true).
Mar 7, 2008 9:15 AM

Aug 2007
good episode

"DAMN IT! YOU FELL IN LOVE!?!?!" xD
Mar 7, 2008 10:12 AM

Oct 2007
again very cute, but pretty much just a slice of life type episode. the picnic was really funny too.
Mar 7, 2008 12:12 PM

Mar 2008
Liked this episode, glad that the Nagisa arc is getting somewhere. The bit where Akio says did you fall in love was funny, but the ending was quite ominous, for it to stop when she starts running. I also wonder how the robot and girls story will end?
Mar 7, 2008 12:47 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Rofl! Akio rocked the hell out.

Great episode, lots gags and a Lolier Nagisa. Somehow I was waiting for something bad to happen at the end of the episode but fortunately nothing happened.

Can't wait for more. Not many episodes can give off such a relaxed and positive feeling.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 7, 2008 12:48 PM

Aug 2007
Interesting episode, learning about Akio and Sanae's past was interesting. Akio's reaction to Nagisa saying she loved Tomoya was priceless
Mar 7, 2008 12:54 PM

Feb 2008
Really good episode. The picnic scene, and the part where Nagisa says "Yes, I fell for him" were so good =P
Also, Nagisa's past was pretty sad T_T
Mar 7, 2008 1:05 PM

Jun 2007
wtf??
sunohara is the voice of reason >_>
well i know Nagisa is well now but that scene with her fallen in the snow when she was little was shocking to me.
Nagisa loves tomoya so does fuko but Tomoya stopped her from talking lol very funny

only three more episodes dammit i thought it was gonna be 24 episodes wtf why 23
Mar 7, 2008 1:19 PM

Apr 2007
I cannot begin to describe the cry of joy that I let out at the "Did you see, Nagisa?!" "Yes!" "Did you fall in love with me all over again?" "Ye-" "*blush fest*"

There cannot be any better declaration than that. Akio, you are awesome. Sunohara, I want your babies.

I love this episode, a lot. You can see how happiness can be born of simple things. The part about Nagisa's past, in which Akio was hugging an out-cold Nagisa set me to tears. The part where Tomoya tried not to have a fate with Fuko made me laugh, and when Nagisa appeared, it made me smile.

At this point, I'm sure I'm going all biased or something. But I enjoyed this episode a lot. I wonder if Tomoya will still confess. Not that we need such scene anymore. A simple hug at this point would speak much louder than words.

I don't know how I'll take the sad parts... A part of me wished for a happy ending, but another part of me disagrees heavily. A sad, but much more meaningful ending would be so much more beautiful.

Oh well. Totally can't wait 'till the next epi.
Mar 7, 2008 1:40 PM

Oct 2007
Oh, Akio♥ (I knew I'd love you ever since I first saw you XD)
What an adorable ending~

I'm super sure I'll cry when this anime ends :'D
Mar 7, 2008 1:52 PM

Feb 2008
so typical to have the most unlikey guy to show a wise and distinguished side. meh, its to be expected.

i have to say i like the dango song...its neat.
Mar 7, 2008 1:52 PM

May 2007
Episode 20 was very touching again for me. Nagisa's theater club story of a lonely girl and her childhood are connected somehow. The little girl and junk robots are probably Nagisa's vision.

Tomoya thought he's staying at a house with a happy family but soon learned about two parents hiding a sorry secret from their daughter. I guess Akio is worried if Tomoya will find anything so he told him beforehand. I'd feel sorry for Nagisa when she's about to learn this, keeping in mind that she destroyed her mom's and dad's dreams.

Tomoya and Nagisa's relationship has gotten brighter. Let's admit it. We know they'll end up together. The reason we all can't sit tight is now because CLANNAD is going to end. I doubt Kyou, Tomoyo, and Fuko will be ditched so let Key/Kyo-Ani hear our prayers for happy end involving them lol.

I probably have said this before but I'll emphasis it again. Sunohara is the best support character! :3 He's a hilarious baka 90% of the time but he can slap some sense into Okazaki every once in a while. Unfortunately just like Tomoya said the other time, he'll never be someone who's inside the spotlight. XD

p.s. I also lol'd during the Fuko scene in this episode (; >ω<)
Mar 7, 2008 1:55 PM
Jan 2008
really nice episode. Not sure way but a few tears stared running down my face during this episode.

Sunohara is pretty clever.........

Fuko was cute in this episode.
Mar 7, 2008 1:56 PM

Apr 2007
ChiBuki said:
Sunohara is the best support character!

Quoted for truth. He's a lot smarter and sharper than he appears to be.
Mar 7, 2008 1:59 PM

Dec 2007
This was a good episode i figured out some things thanks to watching this episode =D
Mar 7, 2008 2:10 PM

Aug 2007
ahh. great ep. Nagisa's parents are very lovely. Did you fall in love? Yes.
Mar 7, 2008 2:12 PM

Feb 2008
Nagisa's father is a riot! LOL "Did you fall in love again?" Priceless! Love how the story unfolded about her near-death experience. Love this anime!
If only life could be one big anime movie... What character would you play?
Mar 7, 2008 2:15 PM

Sep 2007
Le sigh, so now I have to admit, though I really don't like Nagisa AT ALL...her and Tomoya are absolutely cute and perfect together. Actually sometimes they remind me of Akio and Sanae. Speaking of Akio, I want his AND Sunohara's babies. SRSLY.

And I also thought that past was a little too simple =/ I'm hoping they won't drop a bombshell on us but hey, with three episodes left, they just might D:

And I lol'd at Fuko's appearance too xD Her zombie dance was cute ^^
Mar 7, 2008 2:21 PM

Jan 2007
Loved it! Sunohara is such a good guy. And Akio's acciedntal setup was just awesome.
Mar 7, 2008 2:23 PM

Jan 2008
i don't CARE ABOUT NAGISA. Why don't they create some propper episodes....
Mar 7, 2008 2:26 PM

Apr 2007
gengduck said:
i don't CARE ABOUT NAGISA. Why don't they create some propper episodes....

Better stop watching now, if you think that way.
Mar 7, 2008 2:42 PM

Oct 2007
Nagisa is really starting to grow on me. Sunohara's grown up talk was great to, but the picnic was the best part for me. Oh and Fuko's zombie dance :D

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Mar 7, 2008 3:14 PM

Dec 2007
Good episode! Great Sunohara, <3 Yukine, and - this time for a change - funny Fuko.
Mar 7, 2008 3:22 PM

Sep 2007
Lie on the ground, play dead, and then run away. As if you were a zombie. XD

Can't wait for the conclusion of this show... let's see.. 3 more episodes, and one of them is a "summer special," I'm guessing a swimsuit episode. And then there's the OVA ep. that's going to be released with the DVD.

I'm praying that they wrap up the story *before* the OVA, and that the OVA is just extra stuff.
Mar 7, 2008 3:39 PM

Oct 2007
i loved this episode it saddens me that theres only 3 more, there building up to somthing sad and I dont want it to happen.....

Its Kanon all over again!
Mar 7, 2008 3:40 PM

Feb 2008
sd said:
"Did you fall in love?"
"Ye-"
That was a cute ending. Can't wait to see last 3 eps.

Yeah! It was so awesome..
Mar 7, 2008 3:55 PM

Aug 2007
Nice heartwarming episode, has to be my favourite Clannad episode to date. The sakuga is back in full force, robot girl is still drool worthy! We have a confession ladies and gents, only a matter of time before the coupling is finally set in stone.

One can't help but anticipate the inevitable illness that will afflict Nagisa once she and Tomoya become a couple. I can kind of see this now...

Tomoya finally confesses to Nagisa and they enjoy a few days as one happy couple. Suddenly, Nagisa is afflicted by her illness yet again. This illness is probably the worse one yet...and we end Clannad season 1 in a huge cliffhanger with Tomoya kneeling/crying over Nagisa's bedside.

Of course granted Clannad gets an S2, but this scenario would play out perfectly in my book. I haven't played the VN yet, so this is just pure speculation.

Needless to say, this episode is made of win! Would have been episode of the week if it wasn't for the mindblowing Hina Love of Hayate no Gotoku 48! xD
Mar 7, 2008 3:59 PM

Feb 2008
o_O @ Sunohara
Lol @ Akio
Lmao more @ Nagisa/Tomoya
:'( @ Nagisa's past...well, didn't actually cry, and I've never cried harder then when Fuuko left on any other anime

Anyways, really good ep, I hope the last few eps really bring it out ^_^

Mar 7, 2008 4:18 PM
Sep 2007
Fuko did the THRILLER!!!
Mar 7, 2008 4:20 PM

Jun 2007
well now the outcome is hundred percent clear. (even for all the people that still wnatedt to ignore the truth)
What a shame, but still not that bad.

I wonder how the progress will advance now.
Either they get together really soon now with a crisis in the episode before the last or they spare everything for a poor last scene.

Mar 7, 2008 4:55 PM
Nov 2007
Fuko's appearance was the best yet I thought, it was hilarious because she didn't talk at all. Akio's "rainbow break for you!" was great too.
Mar 7, 2008 5:04 PM

Nov 2007
Really good episode!
Fuko moment was wonderful!
The end of is episode too!
"Did you fall in love?" lol
Nagisa is sooo cute andTomoya soooo hot!!!
Mar 7, 2008 5:11 PM

Oct 2007
Awesome Thriller Fuko.

Mar 7, 2008 5:32 PM
Dec 2007
Sunohara really saved the day once again ;)

And very nice episode, as expected.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 7, 2008 5:41 PM

Nov 2007
Yeah thanks Sunohara !! :D

Very very excellent episode, i loved it !!

Tomoya : "Did you see that, Nagisa ?!"
Nagisa-chan : "Yes I saw it clearly !"
Akio-san : "You fell in love with him again, didn't you ?"
Nagisa-chan :"Yes .......... Dad ?! "

^_____^ Nagisa x Tomoya !!

Mar 7, 2008 5:41 PM

Jan 2008
I'm gonna be really sad when this anime is done. :'(
Mar 7, 2008 8:18 PM

Jun 2007
PimpToad said:
Nice heartwarming episode, has to be my favourite Clannad episode to date. The sakuga is back in full force, robot girl is still drool worthy! We have a confession ladies and gents, only a matter of time before the coupling is finally set in stone.

One can't help but anticipate the inevitable illness that will afflict Nagisa once she and Tomoya become a couple. I can kind of see this now...

Tomoya finally confesses to Nagisa and they enjoy a few days as one happy couple. Suddenly, Nagisa is afflicted by her illness yet again. This illness is probably the worse one yet...and we end Clannad season 1 in a huge cliffhanger with Tomoya kneeling/crying over Nagisa's bedside.

Of course granted Clannad gets an S2, but this scenario would play out perfectly in my book. I haven't played the VN yet, so this is just pure speculation.

Needless to say, this episode is made of win! Would have been episode of the week if it wasn't for the mindblowing Hina Love of Hayate no Gotoku 48! xD

If they don't make a second season and they end up doing what you just said, it's gonna feel like AIR all over again :S. That series ending was possibly one of the most wtf whyyyyy endings ever.

Anyway, I thought this episode was great. Happy someone confessed even if it was on accident.

Mar 7, 2008 8:58 PM
Jan 2008
I keep feeling like Nagisa is going to collapse right when the next episode starts from poor health.

Omg T_____T if Nagisa dies... I will cry my eyes out... omg... please don't die. I love her so much! I like really care for her! T~T Just thinking about it makes me want to cry.

Kanon is my favorite anime, and I cried my eyes out at Makoto's arc, but by far Nagisa is my favorite character from any anime.
Mar 7, 2008 9:44 PM

Feb 2008
Great episode, I'm glad Nagisa and Tomoya are finally getting their relationship developed further. Akio was awesome throughout, and the part where he keeps freaking out when Sanae's standing there was funny. I loved the part when he accidentally makes Nagisa say she loves Tomoya. Finally.

Nagisa's past was a little more predictable than I thought, but still sad. Akio and Sanae crying while holding her hand made me tear up a bit. Never would've thought they'd leave her alone like that. Sunohara had some surprisingly good words of wisdom this ep too. Pity about the rest of the cast getting utterly neglected now.

I wonder if something really sad will happen after this happy episode. Or maybe I should just stop comparing it to Kanon... Only 3 eps left. So what's up with the 24th episode? It's just going to be an extra episode so it doesn't count anymore?
Mar 7, 2008 9:52 PM

Sep 2007
Nino said:
So what's up with the 24th episode? It's just going to be an extra episode so it doesn't count anymore?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=15641

:)
Mar 7, 2008 9:53 PM

Feb 2008
Iriya said:
Nino said:
So what's up with the 24th episode? It's just going to be an extra episode so it doesn't count anymore?

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=15641

:)

Thank you, I missed that thread.
Mar 7, 2008 10:51 PM

Oct 2007
In any case… another 2 more episodes to go before the show wraps up, and I hope KyoAni will not disappoint us all. A box of tissues have already been prepared by my side, and it’d be nice if I didn’t waste it. ;)
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Nov 2, 2007

153 by CalmTeaTime »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Clannad Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Sobzob - Oct 26, 2007

181 by CalmTeaTime »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Clannad Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

cyruz - Oct 19, 2007

136 by CalmTeaTime »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » Clannad Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cyruz - Oct 12, 2007

193 by CalmTeaTime »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Clannad Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Oct 5, 2007

273 by CalmTeaTime »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.