Forum Settings
Forums
New
Oct 20, 2016 11:30 PM

Jul 2015
Any animes where the voice actors sing in their openings/endings like kono suba and monogatari series thanks.
Oct 20, 2016 11:32 PM

Feb 2015
LolisDaisuki said:
Any animes where the voice actors sing in their openings/endings like kono suba and monogatari series thanks.

Go in hentaimama, you'll find what you're looking for.
Oct 20, 2016 11:33 PM

Jan 2008
The Monogatari series. Every arc has a different opening sung by the secondary main character of the arc.

edit: Just noticed that I didn't even read the entire post, I guess that's what happens when a topic isn't even put in the right section and the OP not updating their list.
PaulOct 21, 2016 5:45 AM
Oct 20, 2016 11:35 PM

Feb 2013
Look no further than this masterpiece:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/1546/Negima

(check the clusterfuck that is the OP&ED themes section)
Oct 20, 2016 11:41 PM

Jul 2016
Pretty much the anime nowadays, either OP or ED. For example, Nanbaka and Gi(a)rlish Number this season, Fukigen no Mononokean and New Game! last season. K-ON, the seiyuu of the anime sang all their OP and ED including the songs in the anime, Working!! series too.
SkyWing0Oct 20, 2016 11:45 PM
"This (anime) industry is weird" - Chitose Karasuma, Gi(a)rlish Number

I hope someday someone in an anime would say, "The (anime) viewers are weird."
Oct 20, 2016 11:46 PM

May 2016
Love Live
Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka
Inu x Boku SS (each character had their own ed)
Nisekoi (2nd season eds)
Lucky Star
Oreshura

Hope this was somewhat of help.
BlankiezOct 20, 2016 11:54 PM

Oct 20, 2016 11:54 PM
Oct 2016
Do you read nisekoi it's a REALLY REALLY great series
You can get from Barnes & Nobles
Oct 20, 2016 11:57 PM

Nov 2009
LolisDaisuki said:

Here you go: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DoItYourselfThemeTune
Oct 21, 2016 12:00 AM

Oct 2014
If it counts, in Aikatsu the singing voice actors sing the OPs/EDs (the theme songs even get used as insert songs sung by the cast, if that makes it better). In Full Moon the endings are sung by the main character (or at least her singing voice) and the band who plays the openings shows up in the anime playing one of the openings.
Oct 21, 2016 12:11 AM

Nov 2012
Many idol anime have this. Examples: Idolmaster, Macross, Love Live, Uta no Prince Sama, Love Live.
Oct 21, 2016 12:25 AM

May 2016
iirc some of the Nichijou and NGE endings are sung by the seiyuus
Oct 21, 2016 12:33 AM

Jul 2015
Nazo no Kanojo X's opening and ending are sung by Urabe Mikoto, the main character.
Oct 21, 2016 12:55 AM

Nov 2015
White Album 2 and Welcome to the NHK are the only one that don't suck that i can think of atm.
Oct 21, 2016 12:59 AM

Mar 2015
Sakurasou no Pet no Kanojo OP- good times
Oct 21, 2016 1:06 AM

Oct 2016
St0rmrage said:
White Album 2 and Welcome to the NHK are the only one that don't suck that i can think of atm.

Interesting fact: Setsuna's voice actress doesn't sing the op "todakanai koi".
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2016 2:51 AM
May 2009
LolisDaisuki said:

There are alot like this. Alot of slice of life anime with a female centric cast usually sing their own opening.

Whether the opening is good or not is another story.
Oct 21, 2016 2:52 AM

Aug 2015
There are lots of those...

Seirei tsukai no blade dance ED and Insert for example!
Z-DanteOct 21, 2016 2:57 AM
Oct 21, 2016 3:16 AM

Jul 2013
The majority of Shaft animes has something like that (like Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Nisekoi, Sasami-san@Ganbaranai...), you also have The God World Only Knows (when all the main girls usually sings the ending), and I think the harem genre series in general tend to have that trend.
Oct 21, 2016 3:41 AM
Sep 2015
The only one I can remember is Ansatsu Kyoshitsu
Oct 21, 2016 4:44 AM
Jul 2016
Asuna's voice actor sings the first ending to Sword Art Online (although the original version of the song is by Aoi Eir.) More recently, the ending to Danganronpa 3's Despair arc was sung by Nagito Komaeda's voice actor. The credits even listed Nagito as the singer.

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ShockedOct 22, 2016 12:51 AM
Important Note: I no longer - in any way, shape, or form - consider myself a moral nihilist (even in my old, convoluted definition of the term). I very much do believe there is such a thing as objective good and evil. In addition, I apologize for any of the posts I've made that are rude, aggressive, or otherwise unbecoming.

I've always striven to walk a path befitting a follower of Christ, and now recognize some of my old comments here as misguided if not outright wrong. If you happen upon them, pray do not let them darken your view of the God I serve. He is kind, even if I, at times, have not been.
Oct 21, 2016 4:53 AM

Aug 2010
Anything such as uta pri, project d, diabolik lovers. Those are are the most popular imo
Oct 21, 2016 5:02 AM
Aug 2016
Aku no Hans did that and also osomatsu San has different endings for each character for the second half of the show. Gakkou gurashi had an opening sung by the main characters.
Food is the way to a mans heart.
Food wars is the way to mine.

'So long as this world stays nonsensical, there'll be room in it for a nonsensical person like me.'
Oct 21, 2016 5:10 AM

Aug 2015
About what I think about them? Idk m8.. Sometimes character songs are great.. But most of the time professional bands do much better..
So depends on the situation, I say...

Mod Edit: Removed quote of deleted post.
ShockedOct 22, 2016 12:47 AM
Oct 21, 2016 5:16 AM
Apr 2016
Lagrange the flower of Rinne is one that has the op singer as a VA
Oct 22, 2016 12:52 AM

Jan 2010
Moved from Anime Discussion

Just taking a moment to advertise The iDOLM@STER, don't mind me.

Oh, and Kino's Journey's ending was sung by the voice actress for Kino, which also doubles as Kino's image song if I'm not mistaken, so I thought that was pretty cool.
Oct 22, 2016 1:58 AM

Sep 2016
LolisDaisuki said:

Not 100% sure but...

Shingeki no kyojin
The World God Only Knows uses the same ED sung by different characters each time.
Acchi Kocchi
I believe all OreImo endings are sung by one or more of the voice actors
AnoHana ending
Chuunibyou ending
Dog Days
GJ-bu endings
Kiniro Mosaic
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
Lucky Star
Mayo Chiki!
OniAi
R-15
Rosario to Vampire
Sakurasou
Sekirei
Servant x Service
Stella Jogakuin Koutou-ka C³-bu
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (some endings)
Toradora
OreGairu
YuruYuri
Haiyore! Nyaruko-san endings/OPs
B Gata H Kei
Oct 22, 2016 2:40 AM

Jul 2013
Ingr1d said:
St0rmrage said:

I believe the fact is false as I've got the openings and I can confirm it is setsuna's voice. Yes I am a WA2 fan especially for Setsuna

Edit: I see what you mean, Rena Uehara sings the Opening version while Setsuna has an alternative version which sounds MUCH better
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 22, 2016 4:03 AM

Oct 2016
Renaultclio101 said:
Ingr1d said:

I believe the fact is false as I've got the openings and I can confirm it is setsuna's voice. Yes I am a WA2 fan especially for Setsuna

Edit: I see what you mean, Rena Uehara sings the Opening version while Setsuna has an alternative version which sounds MUCH better

I played the visual novel and I found the difference quite obvious seeing as I heard the op every time I opened the game (same op as anime) in comparison to that one scene in the concert when Setsuna sings it. Additionally, in the ost list in the game, they're listed as two different osts. You probably didn't catch it because in the anime, that was done at the very beginning of episode 1.
IngridOct 22, 2016 4:20 AM
Oct 22, 2016 11:48 AM

Jul 2013
Ingr1d said:
Renaultclio101 said:

I played the visual novel and I found the difference quite obvious seeing as I heard the op every time I opened the game (same op as anime) in comparison to that one scene in the concert when Setsuna sings it. Additionally, in the ost list in the game, they're listed as two different osts. You probably didn't catch it because in the anime, that was done at the very beginning of episode 1.

Not sure as I've got all the albums released from WA2 which also contains the game ost/themesongs and it is Setsuna. I also have different songs from Setsuna (seiyuu) and she can sound different at different times regarding to tone of voice.

In addition, the anime opening was sang by Rena Uehara and it was the last episode 13 which was Setsuna which you could say a cover version. Two different singers but I prefer Setsuna.

More topics from this board

» Looking for a non-harem Isekai anime

Michael_Mika - Mar 14

18 by Michael_Mika »»
3 hours ago

» Anime/Manga that revolves around Rain Theem

BroDa2545 - Yesterday

5 by Dizzy-san »»
5 hours ago

» Anime or Manga that kinda sucks but you can't stop watching/reading?

isseixkoneko - 11 hours ago

10 by Dizzy-san »»
6 hours ago

» Anime/ Manga to binge

theD00mGuy - May 1

7 by mo_lave »»
6 hours ago

» Girls with guns and knives

LoveYourEyes - Apr 22

29 by LoveYourEyes »»
9 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.