Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2016 5:34 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

So after a small break that was a bit too long for my taste we return to Miare city to deal with the fallout of the Flare arc. As shown Miare is rebuilding itself after getting damaged by those out of control roots. Citron , however is rebuilding and finishing Citroid while the rest take care of the Gym field.
Seeing Citroid back in action and dealing with his first gym battle was cute, shame however that they rushed through part of it. But alas, seeing Flash and Sleeppowder used together gave me a bit of a rush. You dont see those two much, ya know.

Alain also got the spotlight but really, I could've done without him. Call it jealousy or rage but i'm so done with him...
Shame, he had potential but they just had to drive him and his Zard into the ground. Still a good enough ending to his story, for now.

Anyway, Ash announces his plans to go back to Pallet and to start all over again(but we all knew that) and Serena flashes back to that older lady at the Princess key events, so that can be chalked to confirmed aswell.(but we all knew that aswell).

All in all a middle of the road episode, not worth the two week break and not exciting but it does contain story elements and plotadvancements. Shame they all got spoiled which makes this episode just seem behind. Final stretch towards S&M guys!
PunkbeetleOct 6, 2016 5:37 AM
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Oct 6, 2016 9:36 PM

Jan 2016
Yeah... Two weeks only for this? What a waste of time honestly.

The Citroid battle was fine. Ash and Pikachu will return to Kanto... and to level 1 with that 'starting from zero' statement lol Serena's decision is too predictable with that flashback, it's obvious she will continue with the contests.
THANKS SENPIEX
Oct 6, 2016 11:30 PM

Jan 2015
Where do I watch it?
Oct 8, 2016 1:09 AM

Jan 2015
Punkbeetle said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

So after a small break that was a bit too long for my taste we return to Miare city to deal with the fallout of the Flare arc. As shown Miare is rebuilding itself after getting damaged by those out of control roots. Citron , however is rebuilding and finishing Citroid while the rest take care of the Gym field.
Seeing Citroid back in action and dealing with his first gym battle was cute, shame however that they rushed through part of it. But alas, seeing Flash and Sleeppowder used together gave me a bit of a rush. You dont see those two much, ya know.

Alain also got the spotlight but really, I could've done without him. Call it jealousy or rage but i'm so done with him...
Shame, he had potential but they just had to drive him and his Zard into the ground. Still a good enough ending to his story, for now.

Anyway, Ash announces his plans to go back to Pallet and to start all over again(but we all knew that) and Serena flashes back to that older lady at the Princess key events, so that can be chalked to confirmed aswell.(but we all knew that aswell).

All in all a middle of the road episode, not worth the two week break and not exciting but it does contain story elements and plotadvancements. Shame they all got spoiled which makes this episode just seem behind. Final stretch towards S&M guys!

I watched and couldn't see the part where Ash announces that he's going back to Pallet.

In what part does he say that?
Oct 8, 2016 8:25 AM

Jul 2008
thiagopv said:
Punkbeetle said:

I watched and couldn't see the part where Ash announces that he's going back to Pallet.

In what part does he say that?

Scene when they are sitting at the table straight after eating. Platane ask them what they are going to do next. Ash replies with that he want to go back to Masaro aka Pallet and start anew. Or at least that is what my limited Japanese is telling me.

thiagopv said:
Where do I watch it?

It also gets posted on youtube, heck that is where most of the fast subs regarding XYZ has been coming from. It is also where you can watch the previews through an official medium. The dedicated sub group usually lags a few weeks behind.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Oct 8, 2016 8:35 AM
Jun 2014
I still watch it for Team Rocket, but now I wonder if it's worth it to go through Sun and Moon just for that again... we'll see. The end of the Kalos region is close.
Oct 8, 2016 6:28 PM

Sep 2016
It was an all right episode. Nothing spectacular although the Team Flare arc did just finish so. Wasn't worth the two week wait but i suppose they did that because episodes 42 and 43 were a two-parter. If it wasn't, we would've gotten episode 43 last week.

Also saw the preview for episode 45. I'm not falling for your tricks writers. Your gonna deconfirm the hell out of Amourshipping but we already knew that was gonna happen.
Oct 10, 2016 4:49 AM

Apr 2015
after all that battle against Team Flare, Team rocket still want to catch Pikachu...
why not steal from the team flare?? lol

hmm, I thought Prof. Platane tell Ash to go to the new region, Alola.
and looks like Serena wasn't surprised when Ash says that he will go back to Kanto...
too bad, the ship must stop... :(
Oct 11, 2016 9:37 AM

Jun 2013
Alan's Lizardon didn't hold the mega stone. Did Alan lost it?
Oct 12, 2016 9:17 AM

Aug 2013
ryanstrike said:
Alan's Lizardon didn't hold the mega stone. Did Alan lost it?

I guess he decided to return the keystone as a way to pay for what he has done.
Oct 18, 2016 6:39 AM
Dec 2009
At that party for Alan they were eating a giant purin (flan) like this giga flan you see at Japanese variety shops! haha. Did not expect that: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjx0-UaD98U

I know they have to set up the end of this series for Sun & Moon but… Ash got second place in the league and he’s saying he has to start over from scratch? It seems so unnatural… :(

Team Rocket’s appearance in this episode was so short, I hope we’ll be seeing them again before the season is up!

I think Alan could become a good researcher if he can find a passion about it. He seems so lost in life, hopefully he can find his way.
Dec 10, 2016 8:39 PM

Dec 2012
Everyone working to rebuild Miare City after ZyGOAT saved them.

So Satoshi never spoke to Daigo. Let's just assume he's not the same Daigo and Satoshi is not the same Satsohi. ;)

lol at the Rocket Gang lying to Sakaki.

Citoid is back, but with no memory.

Eureka missing Puni-chan.

Satoshi announces that he's going back to Kanto...obviously.

Alan: I can't outdo you.

Me: But you can outdo him in the finals of the Pocket Monsters war, right? smh

Satoshi: Let's battle again some day.

Me: That will never happen.

Rocket Gang getting their screentime and then getting blasted away.

Citoid back in its first battle.

OMG! They played Getta Banban! That "Susume, susume", "Makenai, Nigenai, yamanai ame nante nai", "Butsukariatte, Motto omoi oobaahiito", Getta Banban Getta Banban", "OH YEAH tomaranaide OH YEAH" felt so good. They played Volt now Getta Banban. We're going through memory lane.

Alba beat Citroid.

Prof. Platane: Congratulations on coming in 2nd place.

Me: Don't give him no damn medal.

Eureka holding the medal for Puni-chan.

Ah! So OP Alan did all that and won the PM war just to end up back as an assistant to Prof. Platane. I'm feeling triggered.

lol at Manon next to Alan and Citron in the photo.

DAT Citron ED.
RobDec 10, 2016 8:51 PM
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 15, 2017 2:02 PM

Jul 2013
How long was supposed to be in between this and last episode since they rebuilt the whole city? lol.

Awww, Clembot can't remember anything and lost a gym battle to a boy he previously beat that he doesn't remember. That boy was really good in that battle though, Alvin.

Poor Bonnie missing Squishy.

Team Rocket wanted Pikachu for Giovanni who was there for first time in ages, well on video chat lol. He's busy obvi. I was sad they got blasted away again. I thought maybe they'd got it for good for a change, you'd think with how special Greninja is they would go for that instead really lol. Silly. James was so cute this episode <3

Alain felt so bad about what had happened and the trouble he caused! bless him! awww <3 but now he's gonna be Professor Sycamore's assistant again. I doubt he'll ever see or battle Ash again also. Also Alain was so cute <3

Sycamore should've been more annoyed Team Rocket blew a hole in his mansion instead of just being like "oh well, guess I better get my tools" like it happens all the time lol.

Ash wants to go back to Pallet Town to start over again ... that sounds like they should've done a reboot of the original series but instead he's going to a Hawaii type island, unless he goes back at end of this series then ends up on holiday with mom and staying and looking completely different which is really weird lol.

I guess Clemont and Bonnie will just stay and look after Lumoise gym. They didn't really say.

Serena doesn't know what she wants to do but may take up the ladies offer and learn stuff from her, interesting. I wish she'd stick with Ash since she likes him so much! Misty and Brock did ... >> she's better than those two.

The medals were cool!
stephtastropheFeb 15, 2017 2:07 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.