Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Oct 12, 2016 6:29 AM

Jul 2015
It's really good for first eps. Allthough the level is not near Working!!
The character that i am interested here is Sayuri.
For the manager, still love the old one / gangster manager
Inami in Working!! has circumtances why she hit people but Hana hit it for fun so I prefer Inami and she is kind too.
For the MC family, the previous Working!! have more unique characters
Btw I need a chara like Soma-san here XD

So 4/5 for the start
Oct 19, 2016 7:19 PM

Apr 2016
Faederwulf said:
It's just... not the same.

True. I'm gonna call this Diet Working!!.

Sayuri is the only bright spot in the cast so far, and with an ensemble this large, that's not a good thing. The protagonist's family is absolutely cringe-worthy and ruins every scene they're in. Are they supposed to be funny!?

I kinda liked the chocolate bit, but it felt a little out there for a first episode where we haven't really established the characters yet. I'll give it time, but this already feels like a letdown.
Oct 19, 2016 7:30 PM
Jul 2018
willingscapegoat said:
Faederwulf said:
It's just... not the same.

True. I'm gonna call this Diet Working!!.

Sayuri is the only bright spot in the cast so far, and with an ensemble this large, that's not a good thing. The protagonist's family is absolutely cringe-worthy and ruins every scene they're in. Are they supposed to be funny!?

I kinda liked the chocolate bit, but it felt a little out there for a first episode where we haven't really established the characters yet. I'll give it time, but this already feels like a letdown.

Another season of Working would have been more appreciated.
Oct 20, 2016 3:16 AM

Apr 2016
It seems to be a pretty decent show, tho nothing special, but I am in for the laughs it has to offer. (o.o)
Oct 21, 2016 4:49 PM

Oct 2012
It was nice and funny too. I would even go as far as to say that most of the characters are very likeable and even though some of them are very similiar types in different role as previous Working I'm glad this anime keeps them still very funny but more civil.

This show has all means to be on par or even better than first Working!! Even though this is technically a prequel I enjoyed it tons.
Oct 23, 2016 12:30 PM

Nov 2008
I don't know, this whole episode felt kinda off. The characters don't feel real, they're even more of caricatures than their counterparts from the other Working.

I think I understand why the author ditched the characters from the webcomic and created new ones for the new manga.

I'll give it a good three-episode trial, and if it fails to grab my interest, into dropped it goes.
Nov 2, 2016 4:51 AM

Jun 2013
Inami-clone without the androphobia but still violent.

I like the characters a lot and my favorite so far has to be the Menma-esque girl named Muranushi Sayuri.

I'm already tired of the relationship between the rich bitch and her host boyfriend. They're obviously going to end up together. It's same old regurgitated plot of a rich girl being all salty because she was rejected and starts stalking the guy she likes.
臭い-
Dec 11, 2016 8:48 PM

Oct 2012
What a really enjoyable first episode xD

So Kozue nee-san's lackey are here now *cough Nakamura Yuuichi Tomatsu Haruka *cough xD
Also.. Once an imouto will be always an imouto *cough Nazuna *cough

I enjoyed working so much
I might enjoy this one too :D
"Signature removed"
Dec 28, 2016 8:02 AM

May 2012
Well that sure was different... Not really sure how I like the overall change of the characters but still having the setting and similar characteristics. But well I do wonder what this series will have to offer for the whole Working series.

In general the ED is still pretty gold like always!
Jan 24, 2017 3:59 AM

Mar 2015
That was pretty funny actually! Always enjoy the bizarre characters this show throws at us!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 17, 2017 11:53 PM
Nov 2016
Hinata said:
Interesting episode :

Still have the feels from original Working from this series.

At the beginning, we see Souta as the mc passes by him, which is pretty cool that it's on the same day as Souta starts working too in the original Working.
At 4:23, was that Popura from original Working series?

i also thought it was Taneshima. it also showed girls inside the school that wore the same school uniform she had
Feb 22, 2017 2:09 PM

Mar 2012
The characters don't play off each other as well as they did in the original series, but that could be because this episode was mostly just showing everyone. Best jokes were the bloody message and the butcher shop sign~

vytah said:
I don't know, this whole episode felt kinda off. The characters don't feel real, they're even more of caricatures than their counterparts from the other Working.

I think I understand why the author ditched the characters from the webcomic and created new ones for the new manga.

I'll give it a good three-episode trial, and if it fails to grab my interest, into dropped it goes.

^my thoughts exactly
Dec 18, 2017 7:57 AM

Sep 2012
where is the parody tag??? cause its totally Working!! parody lol

Xazo36 said:
His family is hilarious! xD
Never watched the prequels, but this seems pretty fun.
I like the setting and the humour isn't that bad than expected from animes.

4/5

actually this is alt ver (also its like parody) Working!! & its prequels are originals
Feb 25, 2018 12:33 PM

Sep 2014
So this is what the original Working!! looks like. Interesting.
The cast looks promising and silly enough to cause hilarious situations, just like the earlier Working!! anime. It's nice to see how visible the original spirit of the series (and even some character designs -also, dat Souta cameo-) is in this setting.
Nov 19, 2020 6:35 PM

Jul 2016
Aside from the first scene with Souta and Daisuke crossing paths, I wonder if there will be any other cameo later on.

So-so start overall. Some characters seem bearable while others look like the kind of people I will find annoying at some point. I can say right now that Daisuke's father is an absolute asshole tho.
SouthRzVaNov 19, 2020 6:44 PM
Dec 11, 2020 11:07 AM

Jun 2017
Souta passing the baton to mc(Daisuke) here..
Well polished setting with few catchable instances and a better grip.
Apr 18, 2021 9:34 PM

May 2017
I like that ghost girl , but , from the ending theme (or opening) it seems the new inami is the main one

The guy that made working is probably a masochist
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jun 1, 2021 8:47 PM

Aug 2018
Great voice cast and it was funny as the other Working series, I think I'm gonna love this.
Jul 4, 2021 1:25 PM
Mar 2018
I watched Working!! first before finding out about this anime, so to me these characters are the copy of Popura, Inami, Takanashi, etc.. The first episode felt off and I didn't like it much. I hope that it will improve in the future, but seeing that it's only 1 season long, I don't think that it was a hit.
Aug 15, 2023 3:37 PM
Aug 2015
This was far worse than i thought it was gonna be, they just turned up the "i'm a dick" meter on a few char and it was not funny at all. 
Pages (4) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » WWW.Working!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

104 by satchoff »»
Sep 18, 2023 3:33 AM

Poll: » WWW.Working!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

59 by satchoff »»
Sep 17, 2023 4:05 PM

Poll: » WWW.Working!! Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 19, 2016

46 by satchoff »»
Sep 17, 2023 3:08 PM

Poll: » WWW.Working!! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 17, 2016

62 by sharosharo »»
Jan 14, 2023 5:53 AM

Poll: » WWW.Working!! Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2016

48 by sharosharo »»
Jan 14, 2023 5:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.