Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 17, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Pretty chill episode. I love how Muse is referenced as well with that poster.

Gotta love how the girls still having the will to continue with what they enjoy. Chika is a pretty good motivator. What a team!
Sep 17, 2016 7:04 AM

Nov 2007
Oh my god this episode was absolutely brilliant. The build up to a possible Step Zero to One performance and the character development of Chika and Aqours as a group in regards to their goals and how to move forward was very well executed. The final scene of this episode gave me chills.
Sep 17, 2016 7:21 AM

Apr 2016
I'm so sad, because sadness Honoka look at this place and all cried together

Aquatine_Sep 17, 2016 7:24 AM
Sep 17, 2016 7:54 AM

Jan 2016
Such a tease. They keep teasing μ's cameos and backing out at the last second.
Sep 17, 2016 8:42 AM

Jun 2013
This episode was such a tease, crazy mad tease. I kept shouting in my mind that there won't be any cameos just to keep my expectations low.

LIKE SERIOUSLY, DID THEY REALLY NEED TO MAKE THAT (maybe) RANDOM KID LOOK LIKE HONOKA? HMMM? REALLY?

I'm pretty sure that if we do get a cameo, it'll be at the end of season 2 at best. I hope we get a full member Daisuki Dattara Daijoubu next episode like how we got a full member START:DASH!! in the original.
HarotarosSep 17, 2016 8:46 AM
Sep 17, 2016 8:43 AM

Dec 2014
Beautiful episode man, Just beautiful and charming. So many Easter Eggs to the original series, I love this kinda stuff.

Yohane magic circle in the opening and Mari's 'Oh my God' engrish was hilarious XD
Lol at how Yohane interpreted Dark Horse as Dark Side. XD

Looks like Aqours are popular now. :D
I started smiling when Kanan unzipped her jacket, Damn the show knows how to give me that fan service XD

It was very nice to see Chika thinking and trying to understand what made μ's so different from other groups. We get to go to Tokyo because of that, Hell Yeah!
DAMN IT! I was almost as excited as Ruby and Dia when Chika mentioned that they were gonna meet someone special in Tokyo, I was so hyped man. All of it came crashing down when I saw it was Saint Snow. The interaction was nice but still it's not fair to tease us with μ's like that. :3

"μ's left nothing behind, No matter where they go they would all be connected." Looks like those words helped Chika understand what μ's The scene with all the girls bowing and thanking the school was very well done.

That small girl had Honoka's hairstyle, WHY YOU DO THIS SUNRISE?

Beautiful moment at the end, Love the new hurdle. The brilliant soundtrack coupled with Chika's small letter to Honoka stating she finally found what made μ's click and what she has to do from now on was excellently done. I think I'm gonna be playing this scene over and over again for the next few weeks since it's simply that amazing .XD
Fly Aqours, Live Free!

Great parallel for the beach scene with the fact that the very place that Aqours truly became one single unit was the same place that μ's decided to disband. While it was the end of one's story it was the beginning of another. :3

The feather that Chika catches at the very end is similar to the one that the μ's members catch at the end of 'Donna Toki mo Zutto' the 2nd ED. She even made a similar smiling pose. :D
Lelouch0202Sep 17, 2016 8:46 AM
Sep 17, 2016 8:49 AM

Jan 2015
So Honoka still time traveling. First adult version in movie, now child version in Sunshine.
Sep 17, 2016 9:03 AM

Jun 2013
I thought it was hanayo's cameo but meh >,< Finally, Chika-chan got a blessing from honoka with that feather. Damn, this episode is sooooooooo beautiful. Step! ZERO to ONE here we go! Yousoro!
Kitan~!
Sep 17, 2016 9:06 AM
Jun 2016
Man that ED song with them all singing at once, just beautiful.
Sep 17, 2016 9:13 AM
Jul 2018
Can't believe how much I'm enjoying the soundtrack :')
Sep 17, 2016 9:16 AM

Mar 2013
Oh, great, another episode of "Look how good first series was". Just exactly what we needed in penultimate episode.
AntonKutovoiSep 17, 2016 9:32 AM
Sep 17, 2016 9:18 AM

Apr 2015
Just beautiful..

I really thought that they were going to see Nozomi.. man, such a tease..
I almost cry when they go to otonokizaka gakuen..

But, seriously.. Muse should make an appearance in this episode..
imagine, Chika meet Honoka.. and Honoka tell her how Muse shine brightest..

When they go to see the beach together.. man, isn't that the same place Muse Cry so much when the 1st and 2nd year made the DECISION??

Seriously man.. i hope we all can see Muse make an appearance..
Sep 17, 2016 9:26 AM
May 2013
Loved the episode.

I was really hoping to see Nozomi .. lol

Why did that little girl have to have the same hairstyle as Honoka. T_T
I even skipped back to see if her mother was Honoka.. ha3

And that student looked like Hanayo so much, and she seemed to be a ghost. lol
.. and if I'm not mistaken, she seemed to be voiced by Minase Inori who also voiced Rem from Re:Zero.
Sep 17, 2016 9:31 AM

Aug 2008

trending at 124K Tweets in Japan
Sep 17, 2016 9:49 AM

Oct 2014
So, Honoka found a husband?
Sep 17, 2016 9:50 AM

Dec 2014
I really wanted them to interact with some of the members of u's, but all we got a baby(?) Honoka. A bit disappointing in that regard.

But still, very good episode.
Sep 17, 2016 10:00 AM

Jan 2014
Going to Tokyo again. Chika want to find the different between them and µ's. when they go to otonakizaka , I wish there was a cameo. But there's nothing left in otonakizaka. even their things, trophies, etc. T_T

They just meet random girl, who have the same face with hanayo, I think. Lol. And that little kid, she's have the same hairstyle with Honk xD

In the end , Chika does not want to follow μ 's anymore , she wanted to make her own way.

Btw, very good episode :)
Music speaks to people's hearts. All throughout the world. I believe it's a powerfull language.
Sep 17, 2016 10:04 AM

Sep 2008
I thought that girl from Otonokizaka kind of looked like Rin, except for her hair color. She has the same hairstyle and eye color:
http://i.imgur.com/pRCc9lL.png
http://i.imgur.com/ailzBtG.png

Maybe she dyed her hair so as to not be bothered by fans :V
Then again depending on what time this is taking place that's probably impossible anyway.
Wafuu~
Sep 17, 2016 10:16 AM

Sep 2013
Fuck you with that Nozomi tease that was not ok T_T
Sep 17, 2016 10:28 AM

Mar 2012
WHAT THE FUCK WAS UP WITH THAT LITTLE KID THAT LOOKED LIKE HONOKA

Anyway this episode was amazing. Everything from episode 8 onwards has just been absolute gold. And I'm not just saying I like the show because of my previous attachment to the franchise. I'm saying that because Sunshine is an amazing series that stands out on its own merits.

Let's just go back to this time Season 1 for a second though. They'd just saved the school, but DRAMA suddenly intervened right at the end. Not good drama either. Don't get me wrong, I love Season 1. But there's a reason why I stand by my 8/10 score compared to the 10 I gave Season 2. Not only has Sunshine been better in the moments leading up to it, but in this moment where the original series was struggling Sunshine is at the top of its game. The drama hits hard, the themes are more complex, the characters feel more human.

But I don't mean to discredit the original series. After all, what matters is how they stand out on their own merits. And on its own merits, Love Live Sunshine is a really damn good series. They would have to screw up pretty bad to change my 10/10 score.

AntonKutovoi said:
Oh, great, another episode of "Look how good first series was". Just exactly what we needed in penultimate episode.
Well actually, the main message of the episode was 'Who cares how good the first series was?'. In other words, the exact opposite of your mangled interpretation. They're not using the µ's as a benchmark, so why are you?
SeibaaHomuSep 17, 2016 10:31 AM
Sep 17, 2016 10:33 AM

Sep 2016
"guys guys, did you know that previous series is such a godlike!???" the animation
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 17, 2016 10:54 AM
May 2016
My God this Anime really is Amazing i love it so much . Chika finally realize why Muse stands out like that by all of them going to Tokyo then they tease us with the Nozomi Chan Cameo but no haha they show us Saint Snow and they Inspiration was Arise after that they show us thw School where The Muse girls attends then a girl came and give us some info then the Child who look like Honoka Came hehe then the 9 of them Bow to the school and leave but stop at the Beach where Chika Finally realize why Muse is so great and became her Motivation to Start a new and Not follow Muse but follow their own path where they Shine the most the OST was freaking epic . then they huddle and make zero sign and finish it at one
Sep 17, 2016 10:56 AM

Mar 2013
Wow, in this week we got some nostalgic boost indeed, it felt like Back to the Future...xD

But really, this ep. was so wonderful again: the charas (especially Mari's "Oh, my God..." alert, Kanan's dress off scene), the plot, the atmosphere!

Harotaros said:
LIKE SERIOUSLY, DID THEY REALLY NEED TO MAKE THAT (maybe) RANDOM KID LOOK LIKE HONOKA? HMMM? REALLY?

Actually, I was at that time ready to see, that anytime Honoka somewhere from the corner popping up would, and introduce would ahead Chika and the others as the mother of this girls...xD

But it'd match the timeline: Because Honoka has already 4 years ago the highschool left, where then in Chika's time already 22 year would be, where then she could be the mother of this 3~4 year old girl...^_^
Sep 17, 2016 10:57 AM
May 2016
I wonder if Saint Snow will Find the Answer of why Arise was so good just like how Chika and the Whole Aqours find their own Answers of how to Shine and be their own Selves cuz Kanan mentioned that the Saint Snow was just like kanan when she was in her 1st year
Sep 17, 2016 11:00 AM
May 2016
SeibaaHomu said:
WHAT THE FUCK WAS UP WITH THAT LITTLE KID THAT LOOKED LIKE HONOKA

Anyway this episode was amazing. Everything from episode 8 onwards has just been absolute gold. And I'm not just saying I like the show because of my previous attachment to the franchise. I'm saying that because Sunshine is an amazing series that stands out on its own merits.

Let's just go back to this time Season 1 for a second though. They'd just saved the school, but DRAMA suddenly intervened right at the end. Not good drama either. Don't get me wrong, I love Season 1. But there's a reason why I stand by my 8/10 score compared to the 10 I gave Season 2. Not only has Sunshine been better in the moments leading up to it, but in this moment where the original series was struggling Sunshine is at the top of its game. The drama hits hard, the themes are more complex, the characters feel more human.

But I don't mean to discredit the original series. After all, what matters is how they stand out on their own merits. And on its own merits, Love Live Sunshine is a really damn good series. They would have to screw up pretty bad to change my 10/10 score.
I Agree in everything you Mention of how Sunshine is in the top of their game since ep8 andi dont compare buy Sunshine for me is 10/10 too
Sep 17, 2016 11:02 AM
May 2016
Love Live Sunshine is just too good 10/10 i love how Chika removed the Muse Poster at her door for Motivation that from now on they will follow their own Path and they will Shine by Being Themselves
Sep 17, 2016 11:06 AM
May 2016
PolisChan said:
Such a tease. They keep teasing μ's cameos and backing out at the last second.

I almost had a heart attack thinking that Nozomi would appear TT-TT
Sep 17, 2016 11:23 AM

Dec 2013
Okay, so as first-time viewer of this series, I'm confused as heck right now. I need some help in sorting this out.
The impression that I was given at the start of this show was that Muse were the winners of the second Love Live, and that this current group was competing for the very next edition of the series? Wouldn't that mean it was a time difference of one year?

Then I see all these comments flying about about a character from the first series being old enough to have kids... well since I don't understand the above, I'm already confused... just how much time has passed between this and the original series?

Then there's the spoiler about the first group having disbanded (?)... I guess I'd understand if I went back to watch all the seasons and movies that I hadn't before, but... would anyone mind giving this confused first-timer a quick recap please? PM would be fine since any other means would be mad spoilers.

Thanks in advance anyway.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 17, 2016 11:35 AM
May 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
Okay, so as first-time viewer of this series, I'm confused as heck right now. I need some help in sorting this out.
The impression that I was given at the start of this show was that Muse were the winners of the second Love Live, and that this current group was competing for the very next edition of the series? Wouldn't that mean it was a time difference of one year?

Then I see all these comments flying about about a character from the first series being old enough to have kids... well since I don't understand the above, I'm already confused... just how much time has passed between this and the original series?

Then there's the spoiler about the first group having disbanded (?)... I guess I'd understand if I went back to watch all the seasons and movies that I hadn't before, but... would anyone mind giving this confused first-timer a quick recap please? PM would be fine since any other means would be mad spoilers.

This series takes place 5 years after the second love live, muse disbanded after that because the third years graduated.
Sep 17, 2016 11:49 AM

Dec 2013
kalabalu said:

This series takes place 5 years after the second love live, muse disbanded after that because the third years graduated.

Thanks for the heads up there. So can I assume that Love Live doesn't actually occur on an annual basis, but whenever the program creators decide to hold it? I thought there was only a years difference between the first and the second one.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Sep 17, 2016 11:50 AM

Apr 2014
Great episode and absolutly loved that St. Snow said that A-RISE were their inspiration.

Also loved the small Kanan fan-service part with her wetsuit ^^.
Sep 17, 2016 11:50 AM

Mar 2013
kalabalu said:

Yeah, but it could be more than 5 years, because we couldn't see on the magazine (The one episode, where on the cover the "5th School Idol Project anniversary" printed was) the release date of the magazine, where then...
Sep 17, 2016 11:54 AM
Jun 2016
Amazing episode. That ED 2 reference at the end was nice, too. ^^
Sep 17, 2016 12:09 PM
Jul 2018
The little girl looked so much like Honoka.
Sep 17, 2016 12:17 PM

Sep 2014
What a useless episode. Most of that was just time wasting. Its like they know these girls aren't good enough so they keep teasing the original girls to make you watch, when if you gave these girls a chance, they'd be good!!

They keep taking a single step forward, and then leaping backwards. Just when I think, "oh look, they're gaining an identity" or "they haven't mentioned the original girls for a while" and then all of a sudden a show entirely about how good they were!

I seriously don't know what to think anymore about this show.

Also Honoka confirmed time traveller.
Sep 17, 2016 12:18 PM

Sep 2014
kalabalu said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Where did you find that out???
Sep 17, 2016 12:24 PM
Apr 2011
Riko momentary lef out was good, from the previous one with You was better, and this was necesary. Sunshine has to do something diferrent from muse to gain some own value, and with this I think its really begin their own path finally.

But even so, it was annoying wait for a cameo.

Kin088 said:

And that student looked like Hanayo so much, and she seemed to be a ghost. lol
.. and if I'm not mistaken, she seemed to be voiced by Minase Inori who also voiced Rem from Re:Zero.

Make her disappear with the air was WTF O_o it wasnt necesary. With the other, it was a little ironic with the "Zero kara" thing in the beach.
Sep 17, 2016 12:29 PM
May 2016
Palea said:
kalabalu said:

Where did you find that out???

It was written in the cover of one of Hanamaru's magazines
Sep 17, 2016 12:32 PM

Sep 2014
Let's be real here guys, if they had a cameo where u's had kids, a lot of people would kill themselves for dumb reasons like, "my waifu isn't a virgin anymore." For the sake of Love Live stocks, it would be a suicide move for them to show any u's member with kids.
Sep 17, 2016 12:36 PM
May 2016
L-Ryoshi said:
kalabalu said:

Thanks for the heads up there. So can I assume that Love Live doesn't actually occur on an annual basis, but whenever the program creators decide to hold it? I thought there was only a years difference between the first and the second one.

Yes, The first and second were in the same year.
Sep 17, 2016 12:52 PM
May 2016
This was a nice more relaxed episode. Muse is now left behind and Aqours is stepping in as their own group separated from their inspirational group. I would've wanted to see old Muse members to be honest but we never know if htey are going to pop up somewhere.
Also Dia nad Ruby were so adorable fangirling!
Sep 17, 2016 1:09 PM

Feb 2016
The Mini-Honk was just too cute. Made my heart melt.

But yeah, this episode was amazing. Loved how Aqours were able to realize what made µ's great, and that Aqours needed to stand out more as their own group.

Riko's love for yuri was brought up again. Man, she's really into that stuff, isn't she?
Sep 17, 2016 1:18 PM

Oct 2009
I THOUGHT NOZOMI WOULD APPEAR smh. Such a good ep though I still miss µ's but Aqours is great on their own.
Sep 17, 2016 1:24 PM

May 2010
"oh my Gah..." indeed.

Yea Mari, let's go inside a freaking tree. We can totally do it. Yeah, leave it to the girls.

Yea, thanks for getting my expectations up, I thought it was Nozomi (and so did Dia and Ruby)

Wow, even their rivals are inspired by the same rivals of their favorite group. lmao

Wait. Wth. Is Honoka married now???
Eh who was that ghost girl? Did Kotori and Rin marry and have a lovechild (magic) ?? Wth.

Ye, Chika. One day you will time-travel too.

You know what I love the most about this episode. How it portrays the message of converting "O" into "1" It's inspiring in that sense.
Sep 17, 2016 1:33 PM

Feb 2008
I kind of loled at Oh my god from Mari lol.
It's a good thing that Chika realise something, omg ghost girl she sudden disappeared same as they did on Love Live movie.
Ah I also thought ah Honoka when I saw that girl.

Aurorae said:
I THOUGHT NOZOMI WOULD APPEAR smh. Such a good ep though I still miss µ's but Aqours is great on their own.

I had a feeling they gotta troll us with Nozomi so I really doubt there would be anyone from U's there.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Sep 17, 2016 1:41 PM
Jun 2016
Revvie-chan said:
So, Honoka found a husband?

Yup, he's right here.

Jokes aside, I know everyone is waiting for a cameo, but maybe the point of this episode is that we don't need one. Although the little girl with Honoka's hair can't be just a coincidence. I think she's related to her in some way. Maybe not a daughter. Perhaps a little sister? Five year time gap, it's possible.

Final(?) episode next week. Can't wait to see how it ends.
Sep 17, 2016 2:21 PM

Jun 2009
That mini Honoka look-alike, though. I didn't know Honoka can time travel, I learnt something new. xD
I had the same reaction as Dia and Ruby when Chika mentioned Tokyo, shrine and someone important. It would have been nice to see Nozomi.
The next ep. is the last. It's kind of sad. But I'm looking forward to seeing new Aqours performance.
Sep 17, 2016 2:30 PM

Mar 2015
Sunrise has finally found their way out of Muse loop

WUT?

Sep 17, 2016 2:50 PM

Jun 2012
Finally Chika realized Aqours don't need to mimic u's, it can shine with its own light. Poor Dia, Tokyo trauma, and "I'll let you take a picture with me instead" "Who might you be?"
Sep 17, 2016 2:54 PM

Jun 2013
This was a great episode. I had a grin on my face when they have to spell it out to the rest of the audience (who denounced this series as a "bare bone" carbon copy) what this show/group/series wants to be. The symbolism can't be more apparent in this one to not tell that everything up to this point was intentional.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

142 by nanuha »»
Apr 13, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

165 by JoJoLaRow »»
Mar 10, 4:43 PM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

214 by Kayroad »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Favorite Aquors member ( 1 2 )

ya_hallo - Sep 10, 2016

70 by LemonXChio »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

101 by laaala »»
May 9, 2023 1:33 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.