Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2016 1:57 PM

Jul 2015
Damn, that was an emotional episode. Good build-up to the ultimate conflict which brought demise to both Avilio and Corteo. Avilio only has his revenge left now. He'll probably succeed on the 91th day after meeting Corteo and either be killed or commit suicide because of the grave emptiness in his heart. It's sad to be honest. Living your whole life only for revenge, then meet one pillar of your life again only to lose him a few months after that. Nobody will be forgiven. Nero ordered him to kill his friend, Vincent is responsible for the death of his family and Ganzo for the death of his friend. It would be an interesting twist if he doesn't succeed with his revenge and is killed before that.
Bernkishi07Sep 16, 2016 2:02 PM
Re:Zero nice troll ending.
Sep 16, 2016 1:59 PM
Sep 2016
Sometimes791 said:
Damn, that was an emotional episode. Good build-up to the ultimate conflict which brought demise to both Avilio and Corteo. Avilio only has his revenge left now. He'll probably succeed on the 91th Day after meeting Corteo and either be killed or commit suicide because of the grave emptiness in his heart. It's sad to be honest. Living your whole life only for revenge, then meet one pillar of your life again only to lose him a few months after that. Nobody will be forgiven. Nero ordered him to kill his friend, Vincent is responsible for the death of his family and Ganzo for the death of his friend. It would be an interesting twist if he doesn't succeed with his revenge and is killed before that.

I actually am hoping for an ending where Angelo does commit suicide, don't see that often
Sep 16, 2016 2:06 PM

Nov 2011
Honestly before this episode I did not know who to root for. Angelo or Nero...after that BULLSHIT though.

FUCK NERO!
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Sep 16, 2016 2:07 PM
Aug 2016
At this point I don't mind if Angelo butchered Nero in cold blood ,dude used to be cool now he's a fucking bastard... Go get him Angelo they made you suffer enough. Also if Ganzo is the fourth man does that mean he'll get killed too? I think this episode confirmed that he sent the letter and not that he's the fourth . I have a feeling that it's barbero or maybe it is ganzo after all but he's unaware that Angelo knows about the fourth man so he's just using him to get what he wants.Anyway RIP Corteo you were one loyal good friend.Finally if Angelo dies (which is most probably gonna happen cuz he said he's coming soon to the other side :'( ),I hope he meets his family in heaven and not join Nero in hell (that would seriously suck!!!)
Sep 16, 2016 2:08 PM

Jan 2016
I'm expecting Mr. Lagusa to marry the Vinnetti girl... just saying.
This episode was quite emotional...
when he got to kill Corteo... *the gates opened*... no not the gates of tears, the gates of nothing holding our revenge boy back baby woooohooooo HYPE

Sep 16, 2016 2:13 PM

Jun 2016
The animation quality has definitely dropped over the last couple of episodes, I feel.

And fuck, I don't want Corteo to die. I'm nursing the theory that he's alive and the killing was faked (chicken blood!) until I get irrefutable proof.
Sep 16, 2016 2:21 PM
Dec 2015
Ganzo giving Avilio a gun, which they show dissembled on the desk.

Am I the only one who catch onto them?
Sep 16, 2016 2:21 PM

Dec 2012
Bushishi said:
Shion657 said:
Noooooo why did it have to turn out like this. I never expected this to happen. :( So sad that Avilio killed Corteo. Nero needs to die a gruesome death. Freaking butthole Nero it's all your fault.

With what Nero pulled off this ep, now Angelo has a real reason to want to murder the son of a bitch.

Hell yeah I can't wait till he gets what he deserves stupid Nero bitch.
Sep 16, 2016 2:23 PM
Sep 2016
Shion657 said:
Bushishi said:

With what Nero pulled off this ep, now Angelo has a real reason to want to murder the son of a bitch.

Actually, I'm hoping that the anime will make Nero more likeable so there will be an inner conflict of Angelo's as to whether he should kill him or not (the opening hints at this).
Sep 16, 2016 2:30 PM

Dec 2012
Bushishi said:
Shion657 said:

Actually, I'm hoping that the anime will make Nero more likeable so there will be an inner conflict of Angelo's as to whether he should kill him or not (the opening hints at this).

I don't know that evil smile at the end of this episode shows that he's ready to kill him. No doubts what so ever. It would just feel weird if Nero doesn't die in the end. It would be like justice wasn't served or revenge.
Sep 16, 2016 2:34 PM

Mar 2015
Aaaaaa... why............
I'm so mad at Nero, i was hoping until the last second for a twist... a shame it didn't happen.
Sep 16, 2016 2:38 PM

Jun 2009
After last ep. I was still kind of hoping that maybe Avilio will spare Nero but now I'm pretty sure no one will be spared. Congrats, Nero, you just signed your death sentence.
Poor Corteo, though. :(
Sep 16, 2016 2:48 PM
Jul 2016
I always suspected that Avillio was gonna kill Corteo, but then he escaped and no longer thouhg it was gonna happen and then bam! it happends. And When is Ganzo gonna die, 'cause he was there when Avillio's parents and little brother were murdered rigth. IF so I don't think Avillio is gonna let him go either, but he needs him to kill VIncent, or maybe Ganzo will betray Avillio...omg its getting really suspendful.
Sep 16, 2016 2:53 PM
Dec 2015
Nero better fucking die brutally. Gosh, I hate him so much, I used to like the mofo a little but any fucjs I'd given is gone now. Angelo must be breaking inside.
Sep 16, 2016 3:07 PM

May 2014
Wow, amazing episode. I'd say more but I honestly am far too excited for how the show will end. This quickly became one of the best shows of 2016 in my eyes.
Sep 16, 2016 3:09 PM

Mar 2016
Now both Nero and Angelo killed their brother.....

(I know Corteo isn't his biological brother but still)

Sep 16, 2016 3:15 PM

Jul 2008
Lordrockman said:
So the 4th shooter is still at large right? or am i confused and Ganzo was the 4th?

Avilio probably thinks he is the 4th. But I wouldn't be surprised if the series ended with a real 4th killing him (as there is no reason to believe that the 4th is the one who sent the letter).
Sep 16, 2016 3:16 PM

Jan 2013
next ep preview ...................................

Sep 16, 2016 3:22 PM

Feb 2016
They're really getting lazy with the art... It's getting worse every episode since the recap.
aliinetjeSep 18, 2016 4:57 AM

Sep 16, 2016 3:34 PM

Apr 2013
Well there's no turning back now.

There's no way Nero and Avilio are both making it out of this alive. There's no "They're gonna become best friends".

Homie just had to kill his childhood best friend that he dragged into this to begin with. No way he's not going to go for the kill
Sep 16, 2016 3:43 PM

Jan 2008
This was pretty sad.

Once I saw Angelo and Corteo living some happy days, I knew they were setting up for a tragedy at the end. I've got to give it to Ganzo, how he masterfully manipulates everyone into killing each other. His motivation is pretty simple too - "money, booze and women - what more could a guy want".

Angelo at the end is completely broken now, he has no reason to live anymore, except to take his revenge on the rest of the Vanettis. I'm guessing he will also die at the end.

How many episodes are left? I'm guessing one or two at most.
Sep 16, 2016 4:05 PM

Nov 2014
Was not expecting him to die by his friend/brother

But did anybody else catch the line where he said about him being there for 3 months?
3 months = 90 days and the show is titled 91 days. So something going to go down in the next few episodes i bet.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Sep 16, 2016 4:16 PM

Jul 2013
I had the feeling Corteo would die during all the episode. Then I was relieved when it looked that Corteo was left in Chicago. Then he appears to "rescue" Angelo and... that scalated quickly.

By the words and expression of Angelo at the end, I'm sure every named character of the show will die for sure, with the last episode being a confrontation of Angelo and Nero.
Sep 16, 2016 4:23 PM

Dec 2012
And there goes all of my happiness for the day.

"I'll see you soon." Very chilling line when I think about how Angelo has never shown an interest in life after his revenge.
Sep 16, 2016 4:43 PM

Apr 2013
That hit me in the feels, Corteo was definitely the best bro.

uzee said:
About three months have passed. Does that mean he has a few days to kill the rest of them in order to be true to the show's title and finish his revenge and his life on the 91st day?
Oh nice catch, I didn't think of that. If that's how it's gonna play out, I'm expecting Angelo to wrap things up during the opening of the playhouse which was 2 days away. He'll probably go out with a bang and cause the Galassia family to wipe out all the Vanettis...
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Sep 16, 2016 4:47 PM
Jul 2018
Dammit I feel like a pussy crying from a mafia anime.
Avilio is gonna kill himself after he takes his revenge I guess.
Sep 16, 2016 4:57 PM

May 2015
I thought it would end on a cliffhanger for a moment. Thank god it didn't. RIP Corteo.

Sep 16, 2016 6:30 PM

Dec 2014
It was obvious that Corteo was going to die sooner or later. Too bad it was by his brother's hands.
The "we'll meet soon" at the end gave me chills.
BlancchetSep 16, 2016 6:35 PM

★Cursedclocktower | ★Anime List | ★BlancSteam
Sep 16, 2016 6:37 PM

Jun 2013
This is some nice seasoning for when he finally gets his revenge, looks like its gonna be pretty tasty
Sep 16, 2016 6:41 PM
Nov 2013
I honestly dont know what to say about this episode. I almost cry when Avilio repeated "Why you come back" again and again.

As people have say, I have always thought Corteo would be threw away by Avilio, but this ep just proved me wrong in so many levels. Avilio still has lots of emotions, he remembers his brother, cares about Corteo. He has never threw away feeling for family.

Avilio is a kind of character that I have been waiting for so long in there recent anime seasons.

Now more reasons to kill Nero, and now I cant understand why the opening and even the Jonathan & David story hinted at Avilio gets attached to Nero, although the bond between them is not that strong even in ep 10?

"Dead is a salvation" fits perfectly for characters in this series.
Sep 16, 2016 6:45 PM
Mar 2016
Did not expect any of that, especially after the last episode I expected this episode to go in a much different direction.

On another note Corteo was very accepting of his death.
Sep 16, 2016 6:54 PM

Jan 2014
Rip Corteo.

Now any chance of Avilio ever sparing Nero went straight down the drain. If Avilio ever had any doubts, now they are as dead as Corteo. Now he's even more fueled to f-ing kill the fuckers, and he will.
Sep 16, 2016 7:01 PM
Sep 2016
glaceon_cute said:
I honestly dont know what to say about this episode. I almost cry when Avilio repeated "Why you come back" again and again.

As people have say, I have always thought Corteo would be threw away by Avilio, but this ep just proved me wrong in so many levels. Avilio still has lots of emotions, he remembers his brother, cares about Corteo. He has never threw away feeling for family.

Avilio is a kind of character that I have been waiting for so long in there recent anime seasons.

Now more reasons to kill Nero, and now I cant understand why the opening and even the Jonathan & David story hinted at Avilio gets attached to Nero, although the bond between them is not that strong even in ep 10?

"Dead is a salvation" fits perfectly for characters in this series.

Yeah, Angelo's definitely one of the much more complicated anime protagonists. Morally ambiguous. Cold, but clearly not emotionless whatsoever.
I had doubts, but no more. Nero's gonna die. Vincent may have been the one to have killed his family, but 10 years must have cooled down Angelo's hatred a bit. But Nero...oh, he signed his own death warrant.
Sep 16, 2016 7:01 PM
May 2010
Oh no.. I didn't want Corteo to die. That was a sad episode. I don't want to admit it but I cried lol.

I just hope at the end Angelo will be able to finish his revenge: kill Nero, Vincent and even Ganzo. If not, killing Corteo and avenging his family will be in vain.
niareeSep 16, 2016 7:08 PM
Sep 16, 2016 7:34 PM

May 2008
Only 2 episodes left. :'(
Sep 16, 2016 7:49 PM

Sep 2014
Do you guys remember how Avilio made Nero kill his own brother? Now Nero made Avilio kill his own brother as well!

A while back I though this would be a possibility for Corteo's death, didn't actually think Avilio was going to go through with it.
Sep 16, 2016 7:56 PM
Feb 2015
I dont think nero is the one to be blamed/killed for what happened to avilio's family (although demanding corteo's death is another story+ avilio focuses on killing nero like he's the one who wanted to go to lagusa's house and butcher them),, the fault is alll on vincent, nero was just a kid back then dragged around by his father that wanted to becomce the don,, he even confessed that he couldn't kill anyone...
But by now everyone is gonna get killed anyways😂
Sep 16, 2016 8:04 PM
Nov 2015
This was a really emotional episode. Now the only one we could call "a good guy" has died.
Sep 16, 2016 8:08 PM
Sep 2013
I needed a few hours of cool down time after this episode.

I'll admit it, I was a fucking mess in tears. I haven't ever gotten this emotional over something that's not a love story or much less mafia related.

They've had it rough. Angelo and Corteo, I mean. Corteo has hated mafia his whole life after what they did to his best friend and brother. Angelo on the other hand had been an empty shell until he received a spark to light his flame for vengeance. What made Corteo's death much more painful was how well his and Angelo's relationship was developed. They finally had their long needed catch up. But all of it was taken away. And Corteo was prepared for that. He wanted to start a new life with his brother. I guess it'll have to wait in the next or after life... if there is one.

The music. The music was what made it so much better. It reached my heart, and struck the most fragile chord. I think this is also the most emotional Angelo has been out of the whole series. Not out of rage or frustration, but sadness and bliss. His smiles were the most precious when he spent time with his brother. The last smile at the end was just what confirmed the severing of his and Nero's 'bond'. There WILL BE NO SAVING of Nero's life. There will be more deaths, and Angelo will definitely be one of them

Aside from all of that, many people have complaints about the animation quality, and I do as well, but the story there is what will save anime.

2 episodes to go. Let's see what else Shuka can do to me.
Sep 16, 2016 8:22 PM

Jun 2015
I cried a little bit at the end there good episode even though the beginning had some pretty low quality animation.
Sep 16, 2016 8:32 PM

Dec 2012
Aww so sweet to see Avilio & Corteo just eat together & hang out for a bit like family.

Ganzo wants it all.

Corteo returning & Avilio ending up having to shoot him. That was really sad.
R.I.P Corteo.
The path to revenge continues to hurt.

Some really nice music throughout the episode.
BROTHERS FOREVER!!
Santoryu_XBurnerSep 16, 2016 8:45 PM
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Sep 16, 2016 8:44 PM

Sep 2013
RIP Corteo. Avilio will be seeing you shortly.

Gonzo's motivates came off as a bit anti-climatic and weak. I'd like to think maybe there is some other reason, but there isn't really enough time for that.

And is it just me, or for the past few weeks (ever since Frate died), Nero has seemed rather distant from Avilio (and as a result, us)?
Sep 16, 2016 8:48 PM
Feb 2016
Aw man, why Corteo...? I knew it was pretty likely that this would happen, but still! T_T
Sep 16, 2016 8:51 PM

Dec 2015
>:(((((((((((( SHIT'S GONNA GO DOWN NOW! Barbero you're next >:(
~
Sep 16, 2016 9:21 PM
Aug 2016
I think everybody's said what had to be said regarding Angelo, Corteo, Nero and Ganzo, but I'm curious about someone else.

Who's the young blonde guy at the beginning reading the newspaper? He's with Tigre waving goodbye to Avilio when he boarded the boat. He's with the Vanettis, as seen in episode 8 and then briefly again later when Corteo barged in the room to "save" Avilio. He just kinda randomly popped up all of a sudden, could he be Angelo's little brother Luce who supposedly died???
Sep 16, 2016 9:37 PM

Jul 2015
So, this episode reveals why the name of the show is 91 Days with Corteo stating it's been 3 months since they met, the show will probably end the next day?
Sep 16, 2016 9:57 PM

Dec 2015
Here-Hear said:
So, this episode reveals why the name of the show is 91 Days with Corteo stating it's been 3 months since they met, the show will probably end the next day?

Doubt it, the playhouse needs a few days to open with it's performance. Angelo will have to orchestrate a mass-killing to take out the Gallassias and Vanettis which seems unlikely, it's just not his style.
~
Sep 16, 2016 10:01 PM

Jan 2015
Hey, Corteo is back. Oh wait, that's a bad sign for him.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Sep 16, 2016 10:53 PM

Dec 2013
Again, this anime has succeeded in leading the audience (or at least most of us, it seems) to believe that one thing is going to happen, only to have something else happen instead. Since most other anime plots (or plots in general) would usually have had the main character somehow avoid having to kill his friend, or at least would have had him outright refuse to do it before eventually giving in, OR EVEN have had the friend kill himself, this one had Avilio kill him with next to none of that. While I agree that I probably could have done with just a little bit more emotion between Corteo and Avilio at that final moment, I think the lack of it actually added something unique--it shows just how determined Avilio is, how bent on his revenge he is and how he will stop at nothing to get it. It truly makes an interesting statement of his psyche; killing Corteo didn't seem like an overly large ordeal for him, because, as he says, he plans to see Corteo soon anyway in death. Avilio has already thrown away his life so that he can fulfill his only purpose he has made for himself and to kill those who killed his family.

At this point, it seems like Avilio either plans to kill himself after achieving his revenge, or he is aware that he won't get away after killing the Vanettis/won't escape alive. I wonder if Avilio and Nero will end up killing each other at the same time. Regardless, my little bit of hope I've been holding onto that Nero would actually be shown to be a good person and that Avilio wouldn't be able to kill him is pretty much gone. Who knows what we'll see in these next few episodes.

While the animation was better than the last episode, I wish it would be just a tiny bit better. However, the unconventionality of this anime has me hooked, and there's no way that I can stop watching until I see the end.
Sep 16, 2016 10:57 PM

Nov 2012
oh shit, i didn't expect avilio to actually pull through with killing corteo.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 30, 2016

449 by pontes13 »»
Apr 3, 4:31 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2016

183 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 14, 11:38 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2016

119 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 8, 7:21 AM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 2, 2016

210 by damoInstinct »»
Feb 5, 7:53 PM

Poll: » 91 Days Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2016

174 by damoInstinct »»
Jan 27, 8:46 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.