Forum Settings
Forums

If somebody was being attacked/raped would you intervene?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 25, 2016 12:49 AM

Feb 2015
I'd like to think that I would, but it's hard to say, as I've never encountered such a situation.
Sep 25, 2016 5:18 AM

Apr 2012
I have personally intervened against people assaulting other people in the past, so the answer is a resounding yes.
"The more inexperienced you are, the more you want to show off."
- Oreki, Hyouka
Sep 25, 2016 6:16 AM
Jul 2018
I wouldn't be able to say unless I was in said situation...
Sep 25, 2016 6:32 AM

Jul 2015
I don't believe I would. I'm weaker than 99% of guys so all that would happen is I'd get hurt too, so no.
Sep 25, 2016 6:34 AM

Nov 2015
Only if I'm with other people.
These situations are extremely precarious and has the potential to turn fatal..
Sep 25, 2016 9:31 AM

Feb 2014
well i'd scream someone help and phone the police thats my ver of helping
Sep 25, 2016 10:05 AM

Aug 2011
Depends. I'm 5ft and know no martial arts or w/e to physically fight off the perp and not get beat up or worse myself in the process. I'd call the police or make a lot of noise to draw attention to the attacker, that's the most I can really do.
死ねカス国に帰れ
Sep 25, 2016 11:38 AM

Dec 2015
I will shout at him then run while screaming for help until someone or other people come for help .
Sep 25, 2016 6:12 PM

Sep 2016
If it's one person then hell yeah I would go Star Platinum on them

But if it's a group of people and there's the potential for intervening to become fatal I'll just sit back and call the cops which would be the smarter decision either way.
Takoyaki_samaSep 25, 2016 6:15 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 25, 2016 6:20 PM

Feb 2016
As much as I'd like to say how I would intervene and put a stop to whatever act of violence was occurring, I don't think I'd be brave enough to do that. I would just end up calling the police or some type of help. It's hard to say since I haven't been in such a situation before, but I don't think I'd do very much on my own regardless.
Sep 25, 2016 7:30 PM

Nov 2012
No I don't want to negate their free will
Sep 25, 2016 7:45 PM

Jun 2015
Honestly, I can't really say. I haven't been in the situation so, I couldn't possibly know what my reaction would be.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 26, 2016 4:55 PM

Sep 2016
Bzzt Bzzt.
Tasers out for justice. What sounds do they eve make?
MONIKA ONLY
Sep 27, 2016 2:57 AM

Feb 2008
I'd like to say I'd fight back and save them, but until you've been in the situation yourself you just dont know
(not to mention I'm like 5'1 and pretty damn weak)
Sep 27, 2016 3:15 AM

Jul 2015
@Sayanna Being short makes a difference in sports, but not that much in a real fight. People will tend to underestimate you and won't use the full lenght of their limbs. Aim for the knees/groin/eyes/toes and run if you manage to put your opponent on the ground.

Exhalant said:
I don't think I'd be brave enough to do that.

Once again, getting into street fights has nothing to do with bravery. People are naturally coward and tend to avoid real fights, and that goes for everyone, including bullies etc. Showing that you're ready to fight is usually enough to scare most people. Just standing by without doing anything is asking for the same treatment when your turn comes.
Sep 27, 2016 3:56 AM

Feb 2015
Lmfao each and every post in this thread says yes. I personally know I wouldn't, if somebody is being assaulted, why would I want to meddle? That shit is not my business so why risk my own chances of getting hurt?

Call me a pussy but everybody is really only paying attention to their own lives. Even the people who say they would intervene, you most likely wouldn't, there are people who get verbally bullied in the streets and sometimes nobody bothers despite the fact that the bully can't even hurt/assault you with a weapon. How on Earth do introverted users on this website expect to actually help?
Hello
Sep 27, 2016 4:00 AM

Jul 2015
teruu said:
Call me a pussy but everybody is really only paying attention to their own lives. Even the people who say they would intervene, you most likely wouldn't, there are people who get verbally bullied in the streets and sometimes nobody bothers despite the fact that the bully can't even hurt/assault you with a weapon. How on Earth do introverted users on this website expect to actually help?

Are you seriously unable to see the difference between helping someone who gets beaten vs being a moron who jumps in the middle of drunken fights, insults exchanges and couple arguments? Only idiots would white knight any person who gets insulted, that's asking to get your ass kicked for no reason.

I mean please, at least think about what you write -___-
DeathkoSep 27, 2016 4:05 AM
Sep 27, 2016 6:13 AM

Feb 2015
Clebardman said:
teruu said:

Are you seriously unable to see the difference between helping someone who gets beaten vs being a moron who jumps in the middle of drunken fights, insults exchanges and couple arguments? Only idiots would white knight any person who gets insulted, that's asking to get your ass kicked for no reason.

I mean please, at least think about what you write -___-

Drunken fight? I'm talking verbal abuse, hate speech yadda yadda. So you think it's white knighting to be intervening in a hate speech fight in the public but will quickly swoon your punch at a physical assault, which in itself is ironic .. the *hypocrisy here is so flattering.
teruuSep 27, 2016 6:18 AM
Hello
Sep 27, 2016 6:37 AM

Jul 2015
@teruu

unless someone is visibly overwhelmed by the assault, physical or verbal, there's no reason to interfere. Why would you get involved if all you're going to do is make things worse than they were in the first place?

There is no hypocrisy. It's just a logical stance once you know how the world works. The possibility of being assaulted for no reason exists and I'd rather not live in a world where people just stand there and enjoy the show while I get robbed/raped or killed. If you're fine with shaking in fear hoping your turn never comes, be my guest. I'll still try to help you if you need it. Just don't fall in the sea, I'm a terrible swimmer :c
DeathkoSep 27, 2016 6:46 AM
Sep 27, 2016 6:42 AM

Apr 2013
I would like to believe that I would intervene, but in such situations you can never really be sure how you react except if you had training for that stuff. I know how to defend myself, but against multiple opponents I could not win, so I would probably rather threaten them to call the police to make them run away.
Sep 27, 2016 7:14 AM

Feb 2015
Clebardman said:
@teruu

unless someone is visibly overwhelmed by the assault, physical or verbal, there's no reason to interfere. Why would you get involved if all you're going to do is make things worse than they were in the first place?

There is no hypocrisy. It's just a logical stance once you know how the world works. The possibility of being assaulted for no reason exists and I'd rather not live in a world where people just stand there and enjoy the show while I get robbed/raped or killed. If you're fine with shaking in fear hoping your turn never comes, be my guest. I'll still try to help you if you need it. Just don't fall in the sea, I'm a terrible swimmer :c

If you really know how the world works you'd also know that you are not getting robbed by someone with no ability to harm you or anyone else for that matter. There's a reason why people don't bother doing shit to the rober, at best they can outnumber him if they already located him, or call the cops. They are mostly going to watch the shit show in fear of their own life and your's. So yeah! Rape is a different story though
Hello
Sep 27, 2016 7:16 AM

Feb 2015
Gator said:
I would like to believe that I would intervene, but in such situations you can never really be sure how you react except if you had training for that stuff. I know how to defend myself, but against multiple opponents I could not win, so I would probably rather threaten them to call the police to make them run away.

Yes! Because they like to give you a minute to call the police while they outnumber you massively. It's only polite
Hello
Sep 27, 2016 7:16 AM

Jul 2016
I hope I would, to be honest.

I don't think I could live with myself knowing I let something like that happen to someone.
Sep 27, 2016 7:17 AM

Apr 2013
teruu said:
Yes! Because they like to give you a minute to call the police while they outnumber you massively. It's only polite

I said I'd threaten them, not that I would stand there and dial the number. If they would not run away after I said that I would obviously run away and call the police somewhere else.
Sep 27, 2016 7:18 AM

Jan 2015
I would, unless the attacker was armed. In that case I'd try to get other people to help the victim as quickly as possible. I would be useless against a person with a knife or a gun.
Sep 27, 2016 7:28 AM

Jul 2015
@teruu You're all talking as if everybody was ready to stab or shoot someone for an iPhone... I'm not going to say it never happens because people are stupid, the world is vast and everything ends up on Youtube today, but at least in western countries you'd have to be pretty unlucky to get killed by firearms (unless you're american but their school shootings are massively inflating their deaths by firearms).

I could link videos of people getting beaten to death while the whole buses watches. What kind of sick deformation of survival instinct can lead 20 persons to stand there watching one of their fellow human being being killed by 3 unnarmed people? That's just counter-productive, it's like saying "it's okay if people get beaten to death as long as it's not me". Why would anyone even want to accept the risk of getting assaulted in the first place?

I don't know, even zebras try to protect each others against predators, and they aren't very bright.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

36 by Crawlie »»
22 minutes ago

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

677 by Crawlie »»
25 minutes ago

» Over the years, I began to be repulsed by pork, is there any explanation for this?

Absurdo_N - Mar 26

25 by bevarnow »»
57 minutes ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

26 by LoveYourEyes »»
1 hour ago

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

46 by Dracowyn »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.