Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 25, 2016 5:00 AM

Jul 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I think all of the gym leaders were shown watching, as well as various people from various places. Including kids at some school.
I would certainly hope that all the gym leaders help in some shape or form. I mean, it's already extremely likely that

Jessie was delivering the news, since Malva had something else she needed to do.
Sycamore was kinda badass there, stopping the Grunt from getting his hands on Manon.
Alain.. he just let it happen. God damn it man.
We've got 50% forme Zygarde facing off already.

I know this is more of a setup episode, but it looks to be much better than the league already XD
Felt like a movie, I guess. So yeah this has me hyped.

This, is a fantastic start to the arc. Hope future episodes are just as good. (Hopefully they get even better than this one.)
Aug 25, 2016 10:37 AM

Jan 2016
Pretty good episode. So this is the Kalos crisis. Red Zygarde looks dope asf!

Team Flare also took out Ash early on and Alain i guess choose the wrong side. Although he will probabl come to his senses when Ash beat him to a pulp.
Still a bit bitter (ok VERY BITTER) from last weeks episode but i'll just have to move on like i did in the Sinnoh league.

Next Episode Zygarde VS Zygarde and Ash Greninja in action.
Aug 25, 2016 11:34 AM

May 2009
Alain is such a douche for just letting everyone do as they please, he can't right back ofcourse. The mega stone and bracelet were given to him by Lysandre, not to mention he pledged his loyality as long as he can be the strongest.

TL:DR; Fuck you Alain

Next week is going to be sweet it seems.
Aug 25, 2016 2:43 PM

Jan 2016
Zygarde 2 is kind of a representation for those who expected Ash to win the league lol

Alain wants to freakin' kill himself after hearing Lysson's true plan. This might be more interesting than I expected, with that touch the game story had in X and Y.
THANKS SENPIEX
Aug 25, 2016 4:37 PM

Jul 2008
Dialogue heavy ep plus hype backlash really seem to have kicked the Finalist posters out o-o''

Anyway, intense episode guys!
Ash got knocked out hard, Pikachu stood his ground but to no avail. It's interesting though that Ash returned to the Gymtower but this time as someone who needs to be saved! Gaburias is in the vincinity. Bonus points to Flare for getting the Pokemon out and restrained.

It was also quite neat to see a male police officer XD I almost expected an entire Junsa corps.
The Gymleader cameo was cool, especially the fact that they all show them in their ''natural'' habitat, giving more life to the individual leaders, they are more than obstacles.

Still, City under Siege will continue and the way it has been going it might save some of the damage the league cased.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Aug 26, 2016 2:21 AM

Dec 2011
Really a good start for team Flare arc.I enjoy this episode..
Aug 27, 2016 12:43 AM
Jul 2018
SandyBoi said:
I know this is more of a setup episode, but it looks to be much better than the league already XD

I haven't watch any pokemon since the 1st season but I certainly watch the movie every years. And this one certainly look like it.

And just when I thought there's no adult that are capable of stopping this rampage. Glad at least someone step up. Thought they were cowering in fear and let the kids settle the mess. XD
Aug 29, 2016 12:41 PM

Apr 2016
This ep was crazy intense, so much stuff happened. It's like watching some other anime.

Diantha, Sycamore, the Gym Leaders, pretty much the whole crew is going to do something in the battles ahead. From the previews it looks like Steven will show up too. This IS more hype than the league :0
Got oppai?
Aug 29, 2016 9:15 PM

Mar 2011
Alain, you bastard.
I really feel bad for Pikachu, he tried his best at the league, he tried to protect Ash all he could and yet, we have Alain who's like "wtf do I do now".
I liked what Jessy did tho, broadcasting the disaster to everyone was very good.
Sycamore was SO badass, how to not love him, I hope he gets more scenes like these in the next episodes.
Aug 31, 2016 9:21 AM
Apr 2014
It would be cool if all of Ash's former travelling companions and some of the rivals showed up again to help, all with their own megas (Cilan is the only one who doesn't have a Pokémon capable of evolving, along with Clemont and Serena).

In fact, Ash could bring back his old Pokémon and Mega-Evolve them. A Ash-Greninja/Mega Charizard duo would be awesome.

Either way, I know I'm just dreaming out loud. It'd be really cool if that actually happened, though.

Edit: Topic unrelated, but I created a page for Mable/Momiji. It was supposedly approved, but I can't find it anywhere.
Sep 7, 2016 1:46 PM
Dec 2009
alinet86 said:
SandyBoi said:

I haven't watch any pokemon since the 1st season but I certainly watch the movie every years. And this one certainly look like it.

And just when I thought there's no adult that are capable of stopping this rampage. Glad at least someone step up. Thought they were cowering in fear and let the kids settle the mess. XD

Agreed 100%, this really felt like a movie. People who don't like the outcome of the league battles should just forget about that and skip to this!

I'm kind of sad it looks like these Flare episodes are going to be focused on Ash and Alain more than the gang but Alain has to face what he's been supporting all this time and figure out where he stands for himself I guess. Ash as always is such a nice guy for believing/trusting in him, haha.
Sep 22, 2016 3:06 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
Anyone else thought the communication device Clemont gave to Ash resembled this?

It's nice to see Team Rocket help out even if it's just through news. Totally adds a bit of character development to Jessie in my opinion.

I think this is the first time we see a region Professor actually battle against another person even if the battle was short.
It would have been funny if Garchomp mega evolved against a Skorupi lol

When Ash was shown towards the end, I couldn't help but think of that scene being similar to the Crucifixion of Christ.
So far this new arc has been nicely done.

Sep 23, 2016 9:18 AM

Jul 2008
LovelyHikari said:
I think this is the first time we see a region Professor actually battle against another person even if the battle was short.
It would have been funny if Garchomp mega evolved against a Skorupi lol

When Ash was shown towards the end, I couldn't help but think of that scene being similar to the Crucifixion of Christ.
So far this new arc has been nicely done.

Oak has used his Dragonite before.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Nov 26, 2016 6:09 AM

Nov 2014
For the beginning of the villainous team arc, i thought this is one of the strongest if not outright the strongest.. The atmosphere was pretty intense for basically the whole episode, and nice to saw some cameo of Kalos Gym Leaders (wonder if they'll help the team later on).. Alan just in the worst position that he can get since he completely clueless and doesn't know what to do.. Well, obviously looking forward to the following episode..

5/5
Reality is the lifeblood that makes a work pulse with energy. Reality itself is entertainment

Dec 3, 2016 9:00 PM

Dec 2012
Let the deconstruction of Satoshi begin. Oh, look. He gets easily kidnapped by the Flare Gang by getting a Eerie Light facial. He's Jesus now. Pathetic.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Feb 12, 2017 11:29 AM

Jul 2013
I watched this when it aired on CITV but had no WiFi until now, so it was weeks ago, so I barely remember it.

Wow, didn't expect Alain to hang back like that.

Wow, red Zygarde looks insane and angry!Team Flare be evil.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.