Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Aug 24, 2016 2:50 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, pretty much an all out fight between Yuto and Rukuro this episode. UNLEASH THAT RAGE.

Seriously though, he did well, or at least beyond anyone's expectations. I think Benio is just glad they're not dead after that fight. Now give him a congratulations kiss!
Aug 24, 2016 4:35 AM

Jan 2012
Pretty emotional finale to the fight with the fallen children supporting Rokuro to defeat Yuto. Go best-girl Mayura! Become a badass exorcist! XD

Filler arc starts next episode then? Looking at the preview I saw plenty of best-girl Mayura's big, beautiful tits! XD Can't wait! XD
Aug 24, 2016 4:56 AM

Aug 2013
good episode, but the animation is lackluster..

I hope they explain how Rokuro survive that hole in his stomach
Aug 24, 2016 5:06 AM

Aug 2013
Vanschia said:

They kinda butchered that part in the anime compared to the manga. Essentially he was fighting Yuto in that new form that you briefly see in this episode. But the anime decided to make Rokuro fight Yuto when he is in full Kegare corruption in his human form and have the willpower to win because of the kids. Sad to see such a good fight turned into this mess.
Aug 24, 2016 5:19 AM

May 2010
DUEX EX MACHINA AT ITS FINEST
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Aug 24, 2016 5:21 AM

Jun 2013
Confused how he won tbh (or survived I guess) but it looks like they finally have those feelings for each other
Aug 24, 2016 5:29 AM

Dec 2014
Good episode, Action was pretty good.

I loved how Benio wrecked Yuto when her Boots were active.
Yuto is still as annoying as ever.

Rokuro's fight was nice to watch however I do have some qualms about the power scaling and that regeneration of his which happened out of nowhere.
Rokuro got impaled through his body and somehow regenerated everything after which he was able to fight on par with Yuto eventually even overpowering him. Even if Yuto was damaged from the earlier attacks I can't see how Rokuro would gain enough power to defeat him. (There's only so much willpower you can produce to win against a much stronger foe xD) Yuto went full Kegare mode as well.
So far it does looks like a plot armor/ deus-ex kinda win for him.

Very emotional moment post the fight with Rokuro and Benio, Really sweet scene. That was my favorite part of the episode.

Rokuro telling Benio let's get married and have a baby in the Exorcist meeting was cute and kinda funny.
Lovely moment at the end there with him giving Benio those hairpins. :)
Aug 24, 2016 5:40 AM

Sep 2015
Random power up during the fight, but it was soooooo good to watch
Unfortunately Yuto is still alive I guess, Kamui disappeared, and also a blue sky in Magano ?
Aug 24, 2016 6:01 AM

Feb 2016
When your OTP sails full speed ahead

Words alone can't express how very fucking happy I am
I think that strangers are just friends you haven't met.

Aug 24, 2016 6:03 AM

Oct 2014
lmao Rokuro has the worst plot armour I've ever seen, at least in Bleach Ichigo's random power ups always got some sort of explanation.

Honestly I enjoyed this episode a lot, still really dislike the shitty underpants guy and still have this anime rated 6/10 but every now and then their are some pretty great moments.
Aug 24, 2016 6:18 AM

Mar 2016
Man, the fight between Yuto and Rokuro and the part when Rokuro and Benio were getting lectured were so bs.

First of all, Pierrot couldn't even adapt Rokuro's powerup correctly so it seems even more nonsensical
...and then Rokuro and Benio were getting punished for fighting Yuto before the 12 guardians did since they didn't make it in time...which doesn't make sense because pretty much all of them were in Kyoto, which is only a few hours away from Tokyo. They totally would've made it in time lol so it's technically the guardians' fault for wasting all that extra time (now it would've been more logical if they were off the mainland like they were in the manga)
LulupusAug 24, 2016 6:21 AM
Aug 24, 2016 6:31 AM

Jan 2013
continuing to be a heavily generic 5/10 shonen. Wow that fight was cringey
Aug 24, 2016 7:03 AM

Sep 2009
adaw31 said:
Vanschia said:

They kinda butchered that part in the anime compared to the manga. Essentially he was fighting Yuto in that new form that you briefly see in this episode. But the anime decided to make Rokuro fight Yuto when he is in full Kegare corruption in his human form and have the willpower to win because of the kids. Sad to see such a good fight turned into this mess.

indeed they didn't even think of showing:
Aug 24, 2016 7:11 AM

May 2015
I gotta say that episode was pretty hype, asspull aside, it was still fun to watch with some sweet emotional stuff mixed in. Love the way they used the lights turning on to symbolized the lighting of the true spark (love) between the two of them...
Aug 24, 2016 7:14 AM

Sep 2009
Lulupus said:
Man, the fight between Yuto and Rokuro and the part when Rokuro and Benio were getting lectured were so bs.

First of all, Pierrot couldn't even adapt Rokuro's powerup correctly so it seems even more nonsensical
...and then Rokuro and Benio were getting punished for fighting Yuto before the 12 guardians did since they didn't make it in time...which doesn't make sense because pretty much all of them were in Kyoto, which is only a few hours away from Tokyo. They totally would've made it in time lol so it's technically the guardians' fault for wasting all that extra time (now it would've been more logical if they were off the mainland like they were in the manga)

actually only a few of them are in Kyoto at the time. most of the time the rest are on the Island battling the main force of the Kagare.
Aug 24, 2016 7:18 AM

Apr 2014
>Mangareaders complaining about the asspull powerup in the manga being toned down

lol

Anyways that ending scene was really sweet. I've always liked how the anime handled their relationship unlike the manga. Now hopefully the anime original episodes next week are at least watchable.
Aug 24, 2016 7:29 AM

Mar 2016
komic said:
Lulupus said:

actually only a few of them are in Kyoto at the time. most of the time the rest are on the Island battling the main force of the Kagare.

That's still more than enough since it was originally planned that a team of 4 were to take on Yuto after Seigen's failure.
Aug 24, 2016 7:30 AM

Mar 2016
Z4k said:
>Mangareaders complaining about the asspull powerup in the manga being toned down

lol

Well Pierrot made it even more of an asspull by toning it down so it just made the fight look even more stupid
Rokuro w/ his basic kegare arm without an enchantment defeating full kegare mode Yuto? Yeah, that makes sense.... >_>
LulupusAug 24, 2016 7:43 AM
Aug 24, 2016 7:32 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Sick episode, intensity off the charts there.

Loved Rokuro x Benio scene at the end, the romance is actually my favourite part of this, it has the build-up since episode 1 basically.
Aug 24, 2016 7:36 AM

Jan 2015
So Rokuro really become "strong" with that kids spiritual friend for that short time though.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 24, 2016 8:31 AM
Dec 2015
For an anime only viewer, I didn't really have a big problem with the show. Yeah it's generic shounen with sudden power ups but I do like the relationship development these last few episodes gave to benio and rokuro.

Ignoring what manga users say, I do find the show enjoyable even for those parts that the anime left out. Maybe it's the disappointment of not seeing a part of the manga that they reLly like, being animated but it does not mean that the show is butchered.

Right from the beginning we knew that the anime charted it's own path and people still harp on the differences between the anime and manga. Maybe they chose to reveal the power up later? Doesn't mean that it has to be a 1 for 1 copy for a show to be enjoyable.

Just my 2 cents.
VeritasEtLuxAug 24, 2016 9:06 AM
Aug 24, 2016 8:38 AM
Jul 2018
Kinda expected some more butchering based on what a few have said, but I think this episode was fine. It was pretty enjoyable, love still the Rokuro x Benio scenes. It seems like Perriot has a weird thing here tbh.

In some fillers, they do very well with filling gaps for the characters and giving some characterization, etc, since I did noticed the manga had pacing issues as well.

In other fillers, its just rather... bad, in some cases, and then we have the middle and neutral ones for me.

It's like Perriot is not doing anything bad nor good, it's just in the middle.
Aug 24, 2016 8:51 AM
Jul 2018
Rokuro finally defeated Yuto, but too bad that Yuto is still alive!
Aug 24, 2016 9:02 AM

Jun 2015
Next episode skipped for 2 years? Or something filler? I see Mayura become Exorcist and Rokuro says he already in High school. If that was right it will be hype to see Rokuro power after 2years training xD. He say he want to beat 12 Guardian power :o
Aug 24, 2016 9:10 AM
Apr 2016
Episode overall was great. I loved the action between Rokuro and Yuto. Benio even had some nice action too, especially with her new leg power. The ending was pretty good too.
Aug 24, 2016 9:53 AM

Dec 2014
well this was the most epic episode yet.... seems they have grown quite a bit from the start of the series
Aug 24, 2016 10:04 AM

Jul 2013
The random power up of Rokuro was bullshit, but Yuto is a piece of shit, so I didn't mind him being defeated that way. My only true complaint is that the hits weren't very intense, I would have enjoyed much more Rokuro's beatdown on Yuto if the animation and art would have been better on those parts.

Also, very disappointed Yuto is still alive. I hope they don't try to redeem him later when he eventually reappears in the series.

The ending was sweet, glad to see the relationship between Yuto and Benio has improved since the first episodes. In fact, taking in mind the two years Arima gave to them, that would have been the bets moment to end the series, but Pierrot fill this of all the fillers they want to add until the end -_-

Btw, omnyouji Mayura sounds cool.
Aug 24, 2016 10:15 AM

Apr 2016
This power up... can't stop laughing x')
Aug 24, 2016 10:41 AM

Sep 2014
What the fuck was that super saiyan power-up + healing shit?
That fight was pretty trash, and it felt like there was close to no motion.

I remember how Seigen got one hit by Yuto. If that is all the strength Pervert and his team have to offer, I don't see why they are bragging.

I did like some of the aftermath with Benio and shark teeth at the festival.
Aug 24, 2016 11:02 AM

Sep 2013
Benio: "ATATATATATATATATATATA!"
Aug 24, 2016 11:10 AM

Jun 2014
What was with that random asspull power-up healing thing that Rokuro did? Eh, this fight was somewhat entertaining so I guess that part was whatever. So I guess there's supposed to be a timeskip next episode......and I believe starting next week is also anime-original stuff. Hopefully it isn't stupidly boring like some of the other original stuff from earlier in the series.

krazykillerkurt said:

Well yeah, it's not like it was surprising. This ship was established since the very beginning anyway.....
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 24, 2016 11:28 AM

Apr 2015
I love this series
Very nice episode, I'm kind of sad though that the fight with Yuto is not settled

requiett said:
Benio: "ATATATATATATATATATATA!"

lmao true
Aug 24, 2016 12:28 PM
Jul 2015
This episode didn't follow some parts of the manga like the deal with the head (i am sorry i don't remember the name) for 2 years.
Still it was good.
Also Roku's transformation was supposed to be a thing and that he didn't retain memories of being in a transformed state but it only happened for 3 seconds and didn't stay marked in his body as it was supposed to.
Aug 24, 2016 12:38 PM
May 2016
Gotta love this side of Benio

Aug 24, 2016 12:41 PM

Feb 2015
Great love story so far. Too bad there has yet to be a kiss.

I can only see things going downhill for Mayura from here. I've seen too many anime where the third wheel wants to help and then ends up dying like an idiot.

Excited to see the changes to the show next week since they've transitioned into high school, as told by Rokuro. And according to Benio we're gonna see some growth in the characters "including chests."

Overall a great episode.
5/5
Aug 24, 2016 1:06 PM
Jan 2016
I don't like how Rokuro was fighting in his human form vs Yuto. I do realize in the manga this did not happen. Personally I think I am going to love this time skip. I am ready for some insane mind-boggling attacks. I think Rokuro & Benio now should easily at normal non-powerup mode should be as powerful or more than the 12 guardians. I know a lot of people are complaining about how Rokuro and Benio have convenient powerups. Personally I am really glad the the 12 guardians just didn't step in to the fight. But... yeah the convenient powerups are just a part of Shonen nowadays(pretty much always to me) in my opinion and i don't have any problems with it so far with all the anime I've watched. I enjoy and I hate it sometimes. CONVEINENT TIMINGS & POWERUPS & TIMESKIPS & TROLLY POWERHOUSE CAPTAIN(ARIMA) FOR LIFE
Aug 24, 2016 1:09 PM
Jan 2016
Railtracks said:

I can only see things going downhill for Mayura from here. I've seen too many anime where the third wheel wants to help and then ends up dying like an idiot.

Excited to see the changes to the show next week since they've transitioned into high school, as told by Rokuro. And according to Benio we're gonna see some growth in the characters "including chests."

Overall a great episode.
5/5

LMFAO FOR TABOO TATTOO I LAUGHED SO HARD! Also I agree with everything you just said.....AT LEAST SOMEONE IS ON THE SAME PAGE!
Aug 24, 2016 2:08 PM

Sep 2013
>b!tching about muh power ups
Every time.

Benio reks Yuto for a bit but her body give out and then Rokuro gets hollowed out and goes holy exorcist mode :O
He beats Yuuto but he's still alive.

Benio putting those guardians in their place and going to a festival with Roku.
So much love in the air :'(
<3
ichii_1Aug 24, 2016 2:14 PM
Aug 24, 2016 2:16 PM

Apr 2016
Railtracks said:

Overall a great episode.
5/5
lol..that taboo tattoo scene was the mose generic bullshit I've seen this 3 months in anime, and the worst thing is that I predicted it to happen from the start of the episode..just disgusting.

OT: this anime was really enjoyable so far, the rommance part at least.. cuz I don't care about anything else..XD
Aug 24, 2016 2:41 PM

Oct 2015
For the people asking "how did Rokuro survived?" "i want a explanation how didnt he died with that hole?" etc and etc just for fking sake stop hating every sec of this anime.....and watch the fking anime, ofc they will explain it later why he survied(plus u can even see his 2nd Form(a.k.a Transformation) for 5secs so if u have a brain u shall use it....no?! or u can go to Rokuro character page and show spoiler(if u didnt do that already) or go read manga.......if u dont want any of those options wait for next episodes....rather that stupidity of ppl episode was nice animation was normal(bad) but at least the "romance development" is getting good now the real anime starts after the time skip finnaly...(well haters will keep hating~~)

PS: Sorry for rude language but haters that just come here to be dumb piss me off.....
Aug 24, 2016 3:54 PM

Feb 2016
Rafa-EL-Kenzo said:
For the people asking "how did Rokuro survived?" "i want a explanation how didnt he died with that hole?" etc and etc just for fking sake stop hating every sec of this anime.....and watch the fking anime, ofc they will explain it later why he survied(plus u can even see his 2nd Form(a.k.a Transformation) for 5secs so if u have a brain u shall use it....no?! or u can go to Rokuro character page and show spoiler(if u didnt do that already) or go read manga.......if u dont want any of those options wait for next episodes....rather that stupidity of ppl episode was nice animation was normal(bad) but at least the "romance development" is getting good now the real anime starts after the time skip finnaly...(well haters will keep hating~~)

PS: Sorry for rude language but haters that just come here to be dumb piss me off.....
thank you!!! ugh people can be so annoyingly moronic
I think that strangers are just friends you haven't met.

Aug 24, 2016 4:07 PM

Dec 2015
So we just not gonna explain that giant ass hole he had in his chest okay... I get it... plot armor almost as strong as Ichigo's
Aug 24, 2016 5:20 PM

Aug 2012
So, Benio became Lenalee ?
Good episode, almost cried. =3

Time skip then? Rokuro does look older here.
Aug 24, 2016 5:22 PM
Feb 2016
This whole episode looked like a slideshow when it should have been the best animated episode of the series. They also totally changed the fight between Rokuro and Yuto and only had him show a glimpse of his new form. He actually performs the whole fight like that in the manga and it was badass. It was just a confusing mess in the anime. Very disappointed. I'm also disappointed by the ridiculous amount of anime-original filler there is. That two years Arima mentioned is actually a timeskip in the manga. Instead we-ll get a bunch of pointless, and probably poorly written, filler garbage. Lame.
Aug 24, 2016 5:24 PM
Feb 2016
krazykillerkurt said:

Well there's a hell of a lot more where that came from if the anime doesn't decide to keep giving the middle finger to the manga like it has for the rest of the show.
Aug 24, 2016 5:27 PM
Feb 2016
Z4k said:

lol

Anyways that ending scene was really sweet. I've always liked how the anime handled their relationship unlike the manga. Now hopefully the anime original episodes next week are at least watchable.

If by "handling their relationship" you mean that filler arc with the blonde woman earlier on, I have to totally disagree with you there. That whole series of episodes made me cringe.
Aug 24, 2016 5:27 PM

Jan 2008
As a manga reader, I really disliked the plot armor power up too, I mean if there was some legit foreshadowing before hand then it might have been doable but even then, the only thing we ever got was 'he was an orphan' or something. Well regardless, they do explain it later and it's pretty generic in terms of shounen series.

Anyways, the animation crew is so bad at drawing faces from a distance, Yuto, Benio and Rokuro each had an extremely derpy face this episode from zoomed out, each at a different scene. The fight itself was alright at times but the vast amount of repeated animation is a turn off. Well at least the close in shots were good, like the last scene with Benio wearing the hair accessory, her face actually looked correct and she looked great with that lighting.

Best scene was when Rokuro asked Benio to make a baby when they get home. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Too bad Rokuro wasn't studdering and blushing when saying it like the manga and the expression of the rest of the people there was more amusing.

Although it doesn't look like much change really want to see their older versions animated, so a little hyped. I've always liked seeing characters change/growth during time skips. I'm a bit surprised too, I was actually expecting them to put a bunch of fillers inbetween like another series Pierrot did... Not really sure how this is gonna work out considering there's still 30 episodes left and not even close to enough source material, there's literally only 16 chapters of material left. Original anime route probably at this rate.

New OP next ep too maybe?
PaulAug 24, 2016 5:32 PM
Aug 24, 2016 6:02 PM

Nov 2011
Well they definitely have some explaining to do, mainly why Rokuro is still alive. I still enjoyed the episode even with the lackluster animation. The ending was cute when Rokuro won her new hair clips, I enjoyed her expression it was super adorable. I was just hoping she would say "I love them" but oh well.

Railtracks said:

Hey...Tigers gotta eat. Although that was unexpected considering
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Aug 24, 2016 6:52 PM

Mar 2015
People asking for an explanation on how Rokuro healed himself like that? Well, it think that answer is obvious:

He collected all the chaos emeralds.
Aug 24, 2016 7:08 PM

Jan 2011
I have generally liked the show but this episode was pretty bad.

Homeboy goes into ultimate kagura form and Rokuro just gets into a brawling match...and then wins.

Shit inexplicably happens is the highlight here. Not good.
IZEROIIAug 24, 2016 7:12 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Help: Twin Star Exorcists Filler Episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - May 8

8 by Otaku_4511 »»
May 10, 5:25 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 25 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2016

49 by Vindicater »»
Apr 16, 10:32 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2016

67 by Sugram22 »»
Apr 15, 1:48 AM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 23 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2016

48 by Vindicater »»
Apr 10, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sousei no Onmyouji Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

84 by Vindicater »»
Apr 8, 10:14 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.