Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 23, 2016 7:01 AM

Jan 2012
Christians - Muslims-jews believe they will go to heaven i guess.

the answer it depends on the atheist

so atheist of mal where do u think u will go when u die ?

Aug 23, 2016 7:03 AM

Jul 2016
AllenVonStein said:

Nowhere I would disappear for a while and the entire Universe resets.
Aug 23, 2016 7:03 AM

Feb 2015
six feet under the ground i guess, otherwise being decomposed by detritivores
Aug 23, 2016 7:04 AM

Jul 2015
I'm pretty sure most atheists don't believe in a soul which survives after death. We don't need a reward to live I guess.
Aug 23, 2016 7:06 AM

Jan 2012
Clebardman said:
I'm pretty sure most atheists don't believe in a soul which survives after death.

nope there are some who believe in heaven which kinda funny lol.

Aug 23, 2016 7:08 AM

Jul 2015
@AllenVonStein That's why I said "most atheists"
Aug 23, 2016 7:10 AM

Jan 2015
Answer me Charlie where do dogs go when they die? Exactly
Aug 23, 2016 7:14 AM

May 2010
Probably no where. I might have a soul. Who knows?
"My only agenda is to eviscerate any who might try to rule over and control me"- Sousuke Aizen

"Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it"- Orochimaru

"All men are not created equal... both in birth and in upbringing, in sheer scope of ability, every human is inherently different"- Charles zi Britannia

We are the Contra Mundi. We serve the great inimical Goddess who in her own time will destroy the world. Tremble, reprobates, in fear of her pitiless gaze.
Aug 23, 2016 7:19 AM

Jan 2012
byakugami said:

dude Aizen has screwed ur brain , u think u are a shinigami .

you are a human .

Aug 23, 2016 7:25 AM

Nov 2009
I feel like heaven? If it exists . . .

Think about it, if you get the wrong religion (although I guess you are pretty safe if it turns out one of the abrahamic religions is correct, and you happen to be one of them) then not only did you not believe in the right god either, but you worshiped a false god . . .
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Although here is something I have wondered, heaven is supposed to be where all the morally just go right? A great place for the goody two shoes, but what if Hell then is simply a place of debauchery and what not, like one giant frat party? I mean to the morally just and whatnot, it sure would seem like an awful place, where I imagine them having some kind of lawn party w/ sweater vests and all that. But would you want to be in a place that exemplifies everything that is morally right according to the standards of whichever religion is right? Regardless of which religion it is, that means, for example, an eternity without all kinds of good food, no sex, etc.
Aug 23, 2016 7:28 AM
Oct 2014
They (loosers) are going to Hel in the underworld, while all the warriors are being picked up by a valkyrie on the battlefield, and then they go to Valhöll where he will drink mead, eat pork and have sex with all the goddesses for an eternity

Aug 23, 2016 7:37 AM

Nov 2015
I believe in re-incarnation and a universal conscience so I guess they're born again.
But that doesn't even really matter does it? It's not like you'll ever get to know..
Aug 23, 2016 7:39 AM

Jan 2013
How would you define soul? That's not even a tangible thing, right? Do atheists even believe in souls?

I don't even know. Nowhere?
Aug 23, 2016 7:40 AM

May 2010
AllenVonStein said:
byakugami said:

dude Aizen has screwed ur brain , u think u are a shinigami .

you are a human .
So anyone who likes Bleach and acknowledges the possibility of a soul must have had their head "screwed" by Bleach?
"My only agenda is to eviscerate any who might try to rule over and control me"- Sousuke Aizen

"Maybe, just maybe, there is no purpose in life... but if you linger a while longer in this world, you might discover something of value in it"- Orochimaru

"All men are not created equal... both in birth and in upbringing, in sheer scope of ability, every human is inherently different"- Charles zi Britannia

We are the Contra Mundi. We serve the great inimical Goddess who in her own time will destroy the world. Tremble, reprobates, in fear of her pitiless gaze.
Aug 23, 2016 7:41 AM

Nov 2012
AllenVonStein said:

The same place I was before I was born.

Aug 23, 2016 7:41 AM

Jan 2013
Look up astral dimension in google. Or read books about it. Thats where everyone goes
Aug 23, 2016 7:47 AM

Jan 2012
razor39999 said:
I suggest reading the Hyperion Cantos.

what has Science fiction to do with heaven or after life?

Orevataf said:

and that place is ? let me guess in female Womb.

Aug 23, 2016 7:49 AM

Nov 2012
AllenVonStein said:
razor39999 said:
I suggest reading the Hyperion Cantos.

what has Science fiction to do with heaven or after life?

Orevataf said:

and that place is ? let me guess in female Womb.

I'll be on earth, with no perception of my existence or anything in the universe, just like before my birth.

Aug 23, 2016 7:51 AM

Jun 2016
When otakus die, they go to the promise land of Akihabra, where they live in a permanent state of Nirvana.

"The sun is my enemy, but the moon has been good to me."
Aug 23, 2016 8:00 AM

Jul 2016
Selenium_Thorium said:
When otakus die, they go to the promise land of Akihabra, where they live in a permanent state of Nirvana.

Bullshit everybody knows you're going to get a harem when you die.
Aug 23, 2016 8:03 AM

Jan 2016
i dont think atheists worry much about it because they're atheists

depending on whatever your religious views are is where they would go. it differs from person to person.
Aug 23, 2016 8:05 AM

Jan 2012
Selenium_Thorium said:
When otakus die, they go to the promise land of Akihabra

It's Akihabara

isn't sad that u spell place where u gonna go wrong ?

and what do u do u do there? eat pork and have sex ??

Aug 23, 2016 8:06 AM

May 2010
AllenVonStein said:
Selenium_Thorium said:
When otakus die, they go to the promise land of Akihabra

It's Akihabara

isn't sad that u spell place where u gonna go wrong ?

and what do u do u do there? eat pork and have sex ??
Ouch, you're a saucy fellow, aren't you?

Aug 23, 2016 8:15 AM

Sep 2015
A cool option other than eternal void would be to relive everyone's lives in every possible variation of reality for all eternity. It means you would eventually be able to live in an anime
Aug 23, 2016 8:18 AM
Jul 2018
God damn it Allen. I know that you're trying to be a parody of a certain view but have you ever heard of poe's law?

O/T Fedorables believe they shouldn't believe because they believe believing is stupid or so believed.

removed-userAug 23, 2016 11:56 AM
Aug 23, 2016 8:44 AM

Aug 2013
I'm not an atheist, but I'm pretty sure 90% of them believe that they return to the nothingness from whence they came. Basically they will return to the same state (or non-state) as they were in before they were born. I think that Schopenhauer describes it pretty accurately in one of his aphorisms.
Aug 23, 2016 8:48 AM
Apr 2013
Just like Jesus, being sucked into an alien spaceship.
Aug 23, 2016 8:52 AM

May 2013
I'm not religious by any means but god damn atheists have a depressing outlook on life.
Even if it is realistic :P
Aug 23, 2016 8:53 AM

Oct 2014
Watering pot plants or pillage for all time? Hmmm....

Avatar: Anzu Kadotani from Girls und Panzer.

Aug 23, 2016 9:04 AM
Apr 2015
Probably in your room, fucking your waifu.
Aug 23, 2016 9:12 AM

Jun 2016
I'm supposed to be a Messianic Jew courtesy of my family but I like to think that I'll end up in a world where everything is made of baklava.That is my promised land.
Aug 23, 2016 9:14 AM

May 2010
Erg_Orgy said:
I'm supposed to be a Messianic Jew but I like to think that I'll end up in a world where everything is made of baklava.That is my promised land.
Oh... you're going to hell, dude...

Aug 23, 2016 9:43 AM
Jun 2013
...........Purgatory...........

That is so uncool . God isn't worried about what we do . If he worries then he isn't supreme . Atheists at best get dissolved in the nothingness , in case they have some desires left at the time of death , then they might have to return .

Wheel of Life moves on ..........moves on .............and moves on ........
Aug 23, 2016 9:48 AM

Mar 2014
Soul? Funny how spiritualists always assign superstitions to neuroscience.
Aug 23, 2016 10:52 AM

Dec 2014
You say that as they were the only religions there. Also because there are religions that doesn't even believe in God.
Today they say you're crazy, tomorrow they will say you're a genious.
Aug 23, 2016 10:58 AM

Feb 2016
idk. maybe like games. respawn within specified time after death, till game over (a.k.a dooms day in real life)
Aug 23, 2016 11:10 AM

Oct 2014
I don't believe in religion so naturally I don't believe in souls either. Atheism isn't just another religion, it's actually the absence of religion. There is no atheist god, no atheist heaven, and no atheist soul. We don't go to atheist church to praise nothingness. Our consciousness is generated by the complexity of our brains and things like dementia and amnesia can take our "soul" away before we even die, but that consciousness wasn't stored anywhere other than our brains so if it leaves it isn't coming back. Once the brain can't function anymore the "soul" also goes away. There would also be the question of "at what point are we assigned a soul?" which doesn't even really make much sense. Would the baby be given a soul sometime during pregnancy? If so, wouldn't it be perfectly fine to have an abortion before the baby is given a soul? If the baby had a soul before pregnancy then that would mean that even having a period would result in the loss of a creature with a soul. If the sperm is what gives the baby its soul that would be even more disturbing.

Aug 23, 2016 11:13 AM

Apr 2011
atheists don't have a soul, they just vanish into the emptiness of the cosmos.
Aug 23, 2016 11:13 AM

Jun 2016
I'm pretty sure atheist think they just die and that's it, there is nothing after that.
Aug 23, 2016 11:27 AM

Mar 2014
This reminds me of the Christians who act shocked that I'm not concerned about going to hell. I don't believe in hell, heaven, or souls, so there's no soul to go anywhere.
Aug 23, 2016 11:38 AM

Jan 2015
The same place religious souls go. Into the void of non-existence.
Aug 23, 2016 12:08 PM
Jul 2018
Where I will go?

In the never existing state.

I am currently still a teenager. I am hoping that science will make something, like transferring your consciousness into a virtual reality that lives forever on or they make something that we live longer/forever or they make a device (or anything else) that let us get reborned.

Currently, there is hope. ,,cryonics" is that, what we can currently hope for 100%, atleast for those in the USA.

There is another hope. Energy can never go away, so your energy in the brain probably never will go out of existence, but your consciousness will for sure and that is where we are dead, technically.
Aug 23, 2016 1:52 PM

Jan 2009
we go to the state just like when we are not yet born and thats nothingness
Aug 23, 2016 1:59 PM

Dec 2015
Moog said:
I'm not an atheist, but I'm pretty sure 90% of them believe that they return to the nothingness from whence they came. Basically they will return to the same state (or non-state) as they were in before they were born. I think that Schopenhauer describes it pretty accurately in one of his aphorisms.

I'm an atheist and that perfectly sums up what I think happens after you die.
Aug 23, 2016 2:05 PM

Jan 2012
Moog said:
I'm not an atheist, but I'm pretty sure 90% of them believe that they return to the nothingness from whence they came

90% that's a lot u can't claim something like that ? any src

have u talked to all atheists

like i said in the op , the answer it depends on the atheist some i know believe in heaven
nomanz said:
I'm not religious by any means but god damn atheists have a depressing outlook on life.

yeah some of them.

Aug 23, 2016 2:08 PM

Jan 2009
Bobby2Hands said:
Moog said:

I'm an atheist and that perfectly sums up what I think happens after you die.

i did not notice that someone already mention what i replied in this thread

and what happened to that YOLO meme?
Aug 23, 2016 7:53 PM

Mar 2008
1. I don't think souls exist, and if they do, they should exist for every living thing since physiologically we're so similar that it makes no sense to have something so fundamentally different from other living things. I mean, all eukaryotes (multicellular organisms, basically every animal/insect) share the same type of cell from which they're built.

2. Well if I believe in the conservation of mass, our matter is broken down and redistributed in the Earth and the atmosphere. Heck, you shed some of your mass regularly through hair, skin debris, and waste, and replenish it with other animals/plants. I'm not even sure if I believe in an individual, or rather, something more like an ecosystem where lots of smaller things live. Like some human cells have flagella that allow them to propel themselves. I'm just glad it's all working in tandem to allow me to shitpost.

More topics from this board

» Do you enjoy nature?

Kamikaze_404 - Apr 23

29 by MalchikRepaid »»
10 minutes ago

» What are some of your favorite animals?

DoisacChopper - Feb 10

44 by Kiryotsu »»
36 minutes ago

Poll: » Worst social media

IpreferEcchi - Mar 19

27 by MalchikRepaid »»
43 minutes ago

» Are you a slow or fast typier on a computer???

DesuMaiden - Apr 19

42 by zzz »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » Are you mentally ill?

Ejrodiew - Yesterday

20 by blueblur »»
1 hour ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.