Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 13, 2016 7:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Damn that was a close call for Tennouji...at least he was aware of what he was dealing with or those wolves would of tore him apart.

Lol, 3D-3GI dragons..yeah idk how I feel about that.
The way Lucia fought them was a nice sight to see though imo. Tennouji did good this episode but that revelation about Gaia will probably haunt him.

Stark700Aug 13, 2016 9:28 AM
Aug 13, 2016 8:48 AM
Sep 2015
LUCIA THE BEST GIRL CONFIRMED.
So badass. And SHIZURU^_^
PsicodyAug 13, 2016 9:04 AM
Aug 13, 2016 9:17 AM

Aug 2015
SPOILER ALERT!

KOTAROU IS THE NEW WOLVERINE!!!
Aug 13, 2016 9:30 AM
Jul 2012
That was fun. The CG wasn't really good though but either way now that the common route area is officially over time to see where it goes from here.
Aug 13, 2016 9:30 AM

Jun 2013
Best episode, things will be a lot clearer for anime-onlies now.

And keep this in mind: GAIA IS NOT EVIL.
Aug 13, 2016 9:31 AM

Nov 2015

Im still waiting for this song!

Also this episode was good, but still, ep 4 is my favorite.
Aug 13, 2016 9:31 AM

Jul 2015
Omg it could be their best episode, and they ruined it. I'm a stupid expecting something decent from this.
Aug 13, 2016 9:35 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
By far the best episode. Remember, i'm an anime only, so don't shove your insights of the VN and how it's so much better in my face please.
Aug 13, 2016 9:36 AM
Jul 2018
Smudy said:
By far the best episode. Remember, i'm an anime only, so don't shove your insights of the VN and how it's so much better in my face please.

From my end you will not expect that. >-< no worries.
Aug 13, 2016 9:37 AM
Sep 2015
Memor said:
When did those two get so badass. O.o

Why have the two best girls turned rebel. O.o

The ED is so bittersweet now. :/

Also not really a fan of the CG.

Do you have a problem?
you're jealous of Lucia and Shizuru

On my perspective Shizuru and Lucia are more badass than Chihaya Kotori
xD
PsicodyAug 13, 2016 9:44 AM
Aug 13, 2016 9:38 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
TheLittleRedHero said:
Smudy said:

I know, you're good xD
Aug 13, 2016 9:39 AM
Sep 2015
Dodokoce said:

Im still waiting for this song!

Also this episode was good, but still, ep 4 is my favorite.

Yesssss Shizuru past episode 4 and episode 5 best girls.
Aug 13, 2016 9:40 AM
Jul 2018
From my personal point of view, the episode was pretty good, although it makes sense the changes due to from this point onward, its the closure of the common route. The twist was rather different compared to the Visual Novel (of course this is still find in the regard), but it was pretty nice to see.

Although in terms of the animation, in some case it was good, in some case it was pretty average. The best scene can come from the one between Lucia and Shizuru fighting against the monsters which was pretty nice to see. As for the CGI it doesn't look that bad personally. It blends, and at the same time it was fine 2/3 times (the case is that the wolves were pretty... weird in terms of the CG because, lets use 1 hand drawn and 2 CGI).

Again, by this point this is going to go to the original route. So I can't really judge from there. But it was enjoyable at the very least.
Aug 13, 2016 9:41 AM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Yoshino, holy shit at the end. This guy made sure to have Kotarou well. Very nice of him.

The soundtrack played at the end, so good.
Aug 13, 2016 9:41 AM
Jul 2018
Smudy said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

I know, you're good xD

^^ Tehehe >w< Aye oxo
Aug 13, 2016 9:42 AM
Sep 2015
Murasa22 said:
Best episode, things will be a lot clearer for anime-onlies now.

And keep this in mind: GAIA IS NOT EVIL.

Guardian>Gaia
But its my opignon
Aug 13, 2016 9:46 AM

Jan 2015
Anybody can answer Kotarou's question? LOL

Oh my, "magical" claw out of nowhere? And that battle against velociraptor-thingy, this is just getting better and better.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Aug 13, 2016 9:47 AM
Jul 2018
Smudy said:
Yoshino, holy shit at the end. This guy made sure to have Kotarou well. Very nice of him.

The soundtrack played at the end, so good.

I will tell you this but this is coming from a Visual Novel reader and its more a bit of praising.

Fucking love Yoshino for certain reasons, I was kinda happy to see him trying to check on Kotarou in here.
Aug 13, 2016 10:10 AM

Dec 2014
Intense episode, Wasn't expecting all the blood.

Koutarou got some new powers. The dragons looks really weird in CG, The wolves were fine but the dragons were just awkward.

As I thought, Akane is from Gaia and Chihaya as well.
Sad that the group had to split up over a difference in allegiance :(
Kotori seems to know more than she lets on.

Nice of Yoshino to checkup on Koutarou.
Aug 13, 2016 10:21 AM

Sep 2011
Probably the best episode of the whole series thus far. Main gripe would be the awkward CG.

Thread Cleaned

Off-topic spam messages removed.
Aug 13, 2016 10:26 AM

Sep 2014
Agreed on the fact that it's the best episode yet. I also can't see either organisation as "evil" and to be it seems like they simply have drastically different goals they want to achieve( I have no idea and is anime only right now so don't spoil me).
Jeppe950Aug 13, 2016 10:32 AM
Aug 13, 2016 10:50 AM

Jul 2016
This episode totally rocks! It's November 13th, the feeling returns so vividly than ever, even I just replayed the VN weeks ago. Good wine tastes better with age!
"A good man, in his darkest yearning, Is still aware of virtue’s ways." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Aug 13, 2016 10:55 AM

Jun 2014
+Great Shots
+Great backgrounds
+Nice sense of despair and helplessness
+Good introduction to the conflict
+Yoshino at the end
+Aurora looks very cool
+Some nice directing at the Kotarou vs Hounds part

-Derpy af
-Unpolished CG
-Horrible Sound directing/effects
-Why tf did they use "Sasayaka na Hajimari" in such an episode?
-The Lucia/Shizuru vs Raptors fight was pretty weak in directing

Overall an okay episode tbh, could have been better, maybe they will fix some of these issues in the BD ver

anyways here are some of my favorite shots

Aug 13, 2016 11:00 AM

Jun 2014
After the events of this episode, it looks like things are finally about to get interesting in this anime.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Aug 13, 2016 11:11 AM

Apr 2015
I'm starting to get the feeling those Gacia guys aren't that bad
Aug 13, 2016 11:13 AM

Aug 2012
zaydgh123 said:
+Great Shots
+Great backgrounds
+Nice sense of despair and helplessness
+Good introduction to the conflict
+Yoshino at the end
+Aurora looks very cool
+Some nice directing at the Kotarou vs Hounds part

-Derpy af
-Unpolished CG
-Horrible Sound directing/effects
-Why tf did they use "Sasayaka na Hajimari" in such an episode?
-The Lucia/Shizuru vs Raptors fight was pretty weak in directing

Pretty much on the money. Especially with the direction in hounds scene vs raptor scene. Kotarou vs hounds + Aurora set the tone very well, but the raptor scene didn't do very good at bridging the gap between it and the leaf dragon. The hound scene was way more important though so I'm glad it was this way.

Kotarou's anguish and Kotori's desperation were conveyed very well though, enough to save the episode from all the minuses. Even the CG leaf dragon.. Kotori's lines broke me, so good job there. Hopefully they follow up on that properly.
Aug 13, 2016 11:14 AM

Aug 2016

This shot in particular was very nice!
However... Good god, what an awful episode in my opinion. Directing is god-awful here, it just made me want to drop the whole thing.

Expression and timing are SUPER cringy, I was in a pretty good mood and I don't tend to nitpick, but it was jarring.

I am thoroughly disappointed, timing wasn't THIS bad in other episodes.
Timing and directing are the most important things to make scenes meaningful, and here it's all over the place. The best scene was the dogs'.
Aug 13, 2016 11:15 AM

Sep 2014
It's a pity, but without proper build up and execution, Kotarou's rambling about their friendship and the club seemed kinda forced to me. It really sucks they rushed things so much earlier on, but unfortunately there isn't enough time to do a much better job with 13 episodes only anyway. It's just hard to care about certain things when you're not invested in the characters and their relationship.

This episode did get interesting after that though. It seemed pretty weird that those dinosaurs were pretty much chilling while Shizuru healed Kotarou and merely stared at Lucia. But the overall tension throughout the episode was nice.
Aug 13, 2016 11:18 AM

Jun 2014
Zinogrejin said:

However... Good god, what an awful episode in my opinion. Directing is god-awful here, it just made me want to drop the whole thing.

Expression and timing are SUPER cringy, I was in a pretty good mood and I don't tend to nitpick, but it was jarring.

Timing and directing are the most important things to make scenes meaningful, and here it's all over the place. The best scene was the dogs'.

^^^^^ THIS

This man understands directing very well!
Aug 13, 2016 11:22 AM

Jun 2013
zaydgh123 said:
Zinogrejin said:

^^^^^ THIS

why isn't he hired by some studio yet then?

internet is the place that everyone knows about everything while sitting their asses in front of a pc.
Aug 13, 2016 11:23 AM

Aug 2012
Zinogrejin said:

These all stood out to me as well, especially Kotarou at the end. I mean he's gotta be lethargic after all he just went through, but the direction sucked there. Akane sitting on the log unphased can be somewhat explained though, as the episode explored.

edit: jesus christ murasa give it a fucking rest already
Aug 13, 2016 11:24 AM

Feb 2016
This is the best episode so far, tbh the CG wasn't that bad, i thought it was gonna be worse but its ok, now thar common route is over i wonder what happens next, the way it looks so far it might be kotori who he sees again but who knows anyway its getting better, the whole episode wasn't rushed and didn't expect them to skip the OP which is great, they shoukd have took out the ED since it really didn't fit the mood, OP would have been better or even fit a few more minutes worth of content but overall im happy with this episode, really want to see the BD quality for the CG though since it may be better.

Aug 13, 2016 11:24 AM

Jun 2014
Murasa22 said:
zaydgh123 said:

^^^^^ THIS

internet is the place that everyone knows about everything while sitting their asses in front of a pc.

Opportunities man.......
Japan needs more good animators.

Maybe one day me, @iNVivO and @Zinogrejin will personally direct a remake of Rewrite!!!!!!
Aug 13, 2016 11:27 AM

Feb 2016
AlexTheRiot said:
Zinogrejin said:

These all stood out to me as well, especially Kotarou at the end. I mean he's gotta be lethargic after all he just went through, but the direction sucked there. Akane sitting on the log unphased can be somewhat explained though, as the episode explored.

Akane didn't care though which shows more hints about Akane although she could at least react i know what u mean.

Aug 13, 2016 11:28 AM

Jul 2016
What a nice episode, I'm kind of in a lost for words. Or maybe not quite...

The animation in this episode. The CGs on their own was nice. The hand-drawn animation are nice too, individually. Together, tho...that's another story. It felt so awkward I wanted to move away from the screen (but of course I didn't do that)

The CGs spoiled it a little for me, but just a little 'cause man I'm still all praise for this episode. What's next what's next!! Now that Gaia and Guardian is out in the open and stuff.

Lucia was just THE girl in this episode! But Akane is still my favorite, and I love the intro where she was sitting in her chair addressing the whole occult club.
*under construction*
Aug 13, 2016 11:28 AM

Aug 2016
Murasa22 said:
zaydgh123 said:

^^^^^ THIS

I thank the compliment, but I really am not an expert, nor a good reviewer (as some might have noticed by my choice of words). It's impossible for a studio to hire me because of inumerous reasons, I'm not good enough and it's not my goal (though it is related to it).

The problem is that the episode was just... Awful to me. Timing was all over the place and it ruined everything.
Not to mention 2D blood on a 3D model... why.
Aug 13, 2016 11:33 AM

Feb 2016
Everyone needs to remember this is low budget 8bit so you shouldn't expect great animation 100% a studio like white fox could have pulled of the scene a lot better with hand drawn familiars which would look amazing but we just have to watch what we are given unless a better studio would adapt years later which is most unlikely.
The point is dont expect a masterpiece but something that is good for what the studio can produce even if it is quite disappointing.

Aug 13, 2016 11:37 AM

Aug 2016
Yourlolm said:
Everyone needs to remember this is low budget 8bit so you shouldn't expect great animation 100% a studio like white fox could have pulled of the scene a lot better with hand drawn familiars which would look amazing but we just have to watch what we are given unless a better studio would adapt years later which is most unlikely.
The point is dont expect a masterpiece but something that is good for what the studio can produce even if it is quite disappointing.

While I do agree on the animation part, directing was horrible and even if you're poor, you can direct well. This was definitely not the case in this episode.
I honestly feel pity for the studio because of the 13 episode constraint.
Aug 13, 2016 11:42 AM

Feb 2016
Zinogrejin said:
Yourlolm said:

While I do agree on the animation part, directing was horrible and even if you're poor, you can direct well. This was definitely not the case in this episode.

Its still not 100% confirmed but if it is only 13episodes that would be disappointing however since its not doing well in Japan there most likely won't even want to make a second cour.

Aug 13, 2016 11:42 AM

Jun 2014
Tensho should do less directing and more OP storyboarding

he really knows how to stage cool looking shots that fit with the music and knows how to direct montage scenes but he is not good at coming up with original visual ideas for dialogue scenes, he is great at action scenes though

Zayd__Aug 13, 2016 11:46 AM
Aug 13, 2016 11:43 AM

Sep 2011
Finally, after the suffering of rush and god-awful characterization and direction on this so-called "adaptation" for the first 7 episodes is now over. Now, let's see this anime-original content and what it can deliver.

Although I can pretty much say it's a good episode, if I compare it to the rest of episodes that is.
TennoujiAug 13, 2016 11:48 AM

Aug 13, 2016 11:43 AM

Feb 2016
Zinogrejin said:
Yourlolm said:

Oh and also i made a mistake i meant to mention Tensho but in general the series is lacking good stuff which is another negative.

Aug 13, 2016 11:46 AM

Jun 2014
Yourlolm said:

Nigga, the White Fox OP is obviously better because its just an OP and the staff had lots of time to produce it, not to mention that the familiars in it were mostly still frames except for the Earth Dragon scene and the Leaf Dragon's easy-to-animate slow-mo scene

Rewrite being bad has nothing to do with the budget, its a scheduling problem, I mean bruh this episode had 11 Animation Directors, a normal anime episode usually has one Animation Director, do you know what 11 ADs mean?? Bad scheduling and tight time, the staff doesn't have enough time to completely polish the thing, I guess they are releasing it barely on time.
Aug 13, 2016 11:47 AM

Jun 2014
I think the raptors scene was unnecessary... if it went from hound to leaf dragon it would have flowed way better.

In any case, it wasn't a bad episode, the directing was jarring at time but overall it felt like the VN. I would have preferred it if they did the blood sucking of the leaf dragon a little bit more intense though.
Aug 13, 2016 11:48 AM

Aug 2016
zaydgh123 said:

he really knows how to stage cool looking shots that fit with the music and knows how to direct montage scenes but he is not good at coming up with original visual ideas for dialogue scenes, he is great at action scenes though

The shots are amazing, especially Lucia rushing in and Kotarou almost driving his blades through the Leaf Dragon. They looked super good.
Though the action scenes... I don't know, I really didn't like Lucia and Shizuru fighting. Flying Shizuru was weeeird.
Aug 13, 2016 11:50 AM

Jun 2014
zaydgh123 said:
Yourlolm said:

Nigga, the White Fox OP is obviously better because its just an OP and the staff had lots of time to produce it, not to mention that the familiars in it were mostly still frames except for the Earth Dragon scene and the Leaf Dragon's easy-to-animate slow-mo scene

Rewrite being bad has nothing to do with the budget, its a scheduling problem, I mean bruh this episode had 11 Animation Directors, a normal anime episode usually has one Animation Director, do you know what 11 ADs mean?? Bad scheduling and tight time, the staff doesn't have enough time to completely polish the thing, I guess they are releasing it barely on time.

I agree, I remember when Rewrite was announced and it was scheduled for Summer. I thought it wasn't that bad since they probably started it already, but from the interviews that were translated it seemed like they started the script around winter iirc... which left them 2 season to start and finish everything...
Aug 13, 2016 11:52 AM

Jun 2014
Zinogrejin said:
zaydgh123 said:

The shots are amazing, especially Lucia rushing in and Kotarou almost driving his blades through the Leaf Dragon. They looked super good.
Though the action scenes... I don't know, I really didn't like Lucia and Shizuru fighting. Flying Shizuru was weeeird.

The Lucia/Shizuru fight lacked sense of space, the viewer doesn't know where each character stands, that fight scene was so inconsistent, its like the person on charge of this episode just randomly thought of random positions for the characters to be in instead of making it flow naturally
Aug 13, 2016 11:59 AM
Jul 2018
It was the best episode so far!

Koutarou got a new power!
Aug 13, 2016 11:59 AM
May 2015
So are they going to explain how Kotarou got that Wolverine blade-like shit?

The pacing is actually a lot better than the previous episodes and I feel like the plot is about to begin..

I also got to see my best girl Lucia being a badass xD...Though, the fight animation felt really underwhelming.

This was a good episode, finally.

4/5

Aug 13, 2016 12:07 PM
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 16, 2016

223 by White_Alice »»
Dec 13, 2023 2:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.