Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 4, 2016 5:47 AM

Dec 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Chill episode with great interactions and some info dump. The hype for next week is real!
PV:
Aug 4, 2016 6:55 AM

May 2009
Din't understabd much for the raw, much plot going on in this episode. What I did notice was that Lysandre seemed a bit pushy with Ash towards the ending of the episode, WANTING to see Ash Greninja after the finales. Also, Sawyer his scene was so saddening... he really was thorned that he lost the league and to Ash. It seems like alot will come to light really soon!! On to the finals! 5/5
Aug 4, 2016 8:25 AM

Mar 2014
I hope that Ash will get a Mega Ring temporarily and that he would borrow the Mega Stones of Sceptile and Charizard. There is no rule in the anime that says that two Mega Evolutions in a battle is prohibited.
Aug 4, 2016 11:39 AM

May 2009
MajinAkuma said:
I hope that Ash will get a Mega Ring temporarily and that he would borrow the Mega Stones of Sceptile and Charizard. There is no rule in the anime that says that two Mega Evolutions in a battle is prohibited.

Why does he need a mega? Ash Greninja surpasses the capabilities of a simple mega evolution.
Aug 4, 2016 11:47 AM

Mar 2014
Shoryuuken said:

Why does he need a mega? Ash Greninja surpasses the capabilities of a simple mega evolution.

For an epic battle against Team Flare. Three of Satoshi's most powerful Pokémon in their most powerful forms teaming up with each other. Pure fanservice.

Thankfully, being an experienced anime sub watcher, I've grasped about 30% of the dialogue and know mostly what is going on. It's nice to see that Alain told Platane that he was distant to him to protect him and Platane is open-minded enough to understand that. That being said, everyone except Pachira and other TF members think that Fleur-de-lis is a nice guy.
Aug 4, 2016 12:10 PM

Sep 2014
Soo remaining Alain's Pokemon are Unfezant and Bisharp. Both from Gen 5 tho. Talks that he will use Pokemons from 6 different regions turned out to be wrong. Couldn't he theoretically use three Mega Evolutions with Tyranitar and Metagross ? ( I Don't know if rules allow this or not ) Buuuut that would be too much ;')
Aug 4, 2016 4:40 PM

Mar 2011
I wasn't expected to tear up when Manon started crying, I feel so sorry for her, what gets me more is the fact that I think Lysson is lying to her and probably Hari-san won't wake up at-all.
Lysson was SOOOO weird with Ash, even he noticed he was getting a little too excited when talking about Ash and his pokemon bonds. I actually think Lysson does not care if Alain wins but he'd rather to see more from Ash.
The hype is real guys, see you next episode.
Aug 4, 2016 7:08 PM
Jan 2011
The preview intentionally withheld Gekkouga's fight or it doesn't fight? Cuz all I see is Pikachu taking on 4 pokemon... Well I'll assume this battle is divided into two parts like the semi, so Pikachu carries Ash through the first part and second part... will be Gekkouga?
Aug 4, 2016 9:49 PM

Jan 2016
Nice episode. It's getting closer to the Team Flare arc so this serves as an introduction for Lysandre and Mairin to Ash and company.

Next week will be exciting, prepare your eyes guys! Glory or defeat, Ash got to the finals!
THANKS SENPIEX
Aug 5, 2016 1:36 AM

May 2009
eien_kiseki said:
The preview intentionally withheld Gekkouga's fight or it doesn't fight? Cuz all I see is Pikachu taking on 4 pokemon... Well I'll assume this battle is divided into two parts like the semi, so Pikachu carries Ash through the first part and second part... will be Gekkouga?

Switching in, switching out. It'll be a smogon battle lol.

MajinAkuma said:
Shoryuuken said:

For an epic battle against Team Flare. Three of Satoshi's most powerful Pokémon in their most powerful forms teaming up with each other. Pure fanservice.

Thankfully, being an experienced anime sub watcher, I've grasped about 30% of the dialogue and know mostly what is going on. It's nice to see that Alain told Platane that he was distant to him to protect him and Platane is open-minded enough to understand that. That being said, everyone except Pachira and other TF members think that Fleur-de-lis is a nice guy.

I see, I wouldn't be against that either.
Aug 5, 2016 2:36 AM

Sep 2014
A build-up episode for what comes after the tournament.And now the finals! :D
Aug 5, 2016 9:32 AM
Aug 2012
Okay seriously. There's a break episode, and there is ABSOLUTELY NO cameo of any older characters? I would have imagined some people rushing to Kalos once they've heard Satoshi to be in the finals..

Also looking at the PV, pikachu is battling alot of Alan's pokemon. I wonder if he'll sweep a few.
mootjuhAug 5, 2016 10:16 AM
Aug 5, 2016 10:38 PM

Jul 2008
Set up episodes, but one that was done quite good. Episode ties the complete cast of the Evolution Specials to the main plot and give more weight behind the idea that Flare will indeed either interrupt or attack straight after the battle.

mootjuh said:
Okay seriously. There's a break episode, and there is ABSOLUTELY NO cameo of any older characters? I would have imagined some people rushing to Kalos once they've heard Satoshi to be in the finals..

Also looking at the PV, pikachu is battling alot of Alan's pokemon. I wonder if he'll sweep a few.

This league is plotdriven and unfortunately for us the older cast would eat up time.
Trust me though, i'm also miffed at the lack of cameo's this League.
Spirits of the light! Wielders of the great power that shines far and wide upon the lands of our world... In my hour of need, grant me the light to banish evil!
Aug 6, 2016 11:01 AM

Apr 2015
good episode for saving budget...
damn, Fluer de Lis is so tall...
btw how old is Alan?? is he older than Ash??
Aug 7, 2016 12:32 PM

May 2009
michaelh19 said:
good episode for saving budget...
damn, Fluer de Lis is so tall...
btw how old is Alan?? is he older than Ash??

Probably between the 17-19 mark
Aug 9, 2016 2:25 AM

Jun 2013
mootjuh said:

im sure they'll do a little 5 sec cut showing the old cast watching from their respective regions like they usually do
Aug 17, 2016 6:23 AM
Dec 2009
I love the scene that shows humans eating Magikarp taiyaki at the beginning. So cute! I'm so curious about food in the Pokemon world since they stopped implying that anyone would eat Pokemon, haha.

krisichiki said:
I'm glad we got a cool-down episode, because I think we needed one. It's also good to see some build up here, and having all the important characters come together preparing us for what's ahead. I liked the episode.

Ditto! The league battles all felt kind of rushed, I'm glad they put this chill episode before the final to hype it up and make it stand out.
Aug 17, 2016 8:25 AM

Mar 2016
I almost cried during the scene with Maron, shota however, I'm just like dude get over it
Aug 17, 2016 10:47 AM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
MajinAkuma said:

There really is no reason for Ash to use a Mega. Ash-Greninja alone does that and his other Pokemon still get their time to shine. Using 2 Megas would devalue Ash-Greninja as that's been the Pokemon the show has focused on.

Honestly, I am glad we got a break from the battles. Most important part this episode was the introduction to the Team Flare stuff. Either the battle ends in interference or we get a clean finish but immediately afterward Team Flare attacks. I doubt TF will want to ruin a battle, especially since Lysandre is there and is thrilled to see Ash-Greninja.

Shota reviewing footage of the Kalos League. It would be pretty cool if he got a rematch with Ash sometime after the TF arc and he legit beats Ash.

New Ending song, co cute. Throwback to way back in the Indigo season where Pikachu first tried Ketchup lol

Aug 18, 2016 8:34 PM

Nov 2009
Pikachu Song, totally did not expect that, LOL

I wonder if anyone's able to understand Pika language and translate what Pikachu was really singing...
Nothing Written Here But Us Anime Bunnies *boing boing boing*
Nov 26, 2016 8:13 PM

Dec 2012
The episode after Satoshi and Shota's epic finale.

I got a huge smile on my face when Joy told Satoshi good luck in the final. I still can't believe this is happening.

Yancham and Harimaron at it again.

Ain't no way that damn cookie rolled into the city from where they were.

Manon meets Harimaron.

Trova recognizes Harimanon. Of course.

Manon finally meets Satoshi and the gang.

Ah, so it's a "bond phenomenon". Guess the bond between Lizardon and Satoshi was weak.

Of course Alan is only training Lizardon.

Pachira oppai and booty are on point.

Shota finally broke down, but got over it.

Satoshi getting his Pokemon hyped for tomorrow. I still can't believe Satoshi didn't get Lizardon back for the war. Switch Numelgon or Onvern(Got the most L's) out for Lizardon and that would have been his best team. It was the perfect set up.

Fleur meets Satoshi. Pressuring Satoshi to say yes. Fleur plotting.

This is it. The final battle. Alan(Yuya) vs Satoshi(Bakura). Who will win? Tsuzuku.

The Pikachu Anthem!
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Dec 12, 2016 1:08 PM

Jul 2013
Wow, poor Chespin got lost after following food LOL! At least Mairin found him and then Trevor, Tierno and Shauna found her with him and somehow Trevor managed to tell it was Clemont's Chespin, although how when they all pretty much look the same I have no idea lol. I was like "how'd he know?" lol.

That was interesting to see all of them meet Mairin who bizarelly doesn't want to wish Alain luck before the final.

Yes Mairin, I'm sure the mega energy will help Chespy and the world ... silly girl.

"The Bond Phenonmenom" seems like a cool thing, so it's because they have so much trust in each other and some hidden power or something in Greninja, cool.

Lysandre meeting Ash and saying he wants to speak to him later about his Greninja, he clearly has some nasty plans of some sort to use the power like the mega evolution energy power.

Also, what is he getting his henchmen to do in the city and closing the gym for? also Z2 et al, what are they doing with them all there? Will Z1/Squishy come to their aid and rescue them?

Alain and Charizard training was cool.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 9 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 24, 2015

12 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 10:48 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 7 Discussion

Norjack2 - Dec 10, 2015

14 by PrOxAnto »»
Apr 14, 8:30 AM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 5 Discussion

-Koga- - Nov 27, 2015

9 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 25, 9:07 AM

» Can I watch this as a standalone?

Nemersis - Jan 22

34 by Nemersis »»
Mar 7, 5:20 PM

Poll: » Pokemon XY&Z Episode 3 Discussion

StarryWindy - Nov 12, 2015

16 by PrOxAnto »»
Mar 6, 6:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.