Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (37) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »
Jul 31, 2016 1:45 PM

Mar 2014
Man that was amazing I had tears in my eyes
Jul 31, 2016 1:46 PM
Jun 2013
pufonD said:
Woah it was so painful to sit through I had to force myself through this.

Did not give a single flying fuck about what they had to say. Ever since what looked like the climax is approaching with the buildup in episode 15 or 16, don't remember, the anime started going down and the whole excitement stalled. Now we get this, a full episode of shitalk. Whatever was tried it failed miserably because it was done way over the top to the point where you just start rolling your eyes and ask them to move on with this. I mean those South American melodramas do not even go as far as this went.

THIS

psuedo-deep and overly dramatic episode. i feel like they're running out of ideas, since we already saw this happen at least twice.
Jul 31, 2016 1:47 PM
Mar 2011
Sooo much padding though i hate recap eps.
How can puck get mad at some one for both coming to the ad and not saving them? I guess logic is not a thing in this world.
Sep 2015
Subaru getting his life back on track by talking to a love interest and crying......Have I seen this before?
You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain
-Harvey Dent

Aug 2013
Hongu said:
It's times like this that I wish Emilia didn't exist.

Haha, this.

Good episode, I really liked it. I guess some people can't handle watching episodes devoted to character development I guess :/

Rem / 10
Jul 31, 2016 1:48 PM

Jun 2015
I really hope people stop complaining about Subaru being too weak now. He explained it clearly.
Now…about the shipping war:
Subaru deserves to die another few gruesome deaths for this!!!
It makes no sense at all! I know Emilia saved him 4 times now and she was the first kind-hearted person he met when he came to this world, but rejecting Rem like that was just too cruel!!!
Jul 2016
Benphyre said:
it's funny to see how those self-declared true Rem fanboys are reacting. The LN is still ongoing, things can change and anything can still happen. Instead of carrying on rooting and believing they cry as if the world had ended.

Because it has ended for us. I've been screaming in my mind when watching this ep (even though I get why it didn't go the way I wanted it to), JUST MARRY ALREADY!

Jan 2014
So what the use of Rem again

Be logical she has no use now, from now on

Love interest zero (rejected)
Helpness (she can fight, but not that useful)
Important to the story, not really (even without her the story can go on perfectly)
Etc etc

I cant even see the point of Rem being in this story from now on?

It was so clear from the start that the author add Rem to torture you guys that have sad memories in your life...damn I was so naive...whats next? Rem being killed and torture over and over again till she cannot respawn again with Subaru?

Though I dont even like Rem or Emilia or stuck in the stupid waifu war, Im still hurt because I see a part of myself in the core of the story, I used to choose Emilia over Rem, and when I realise how Rem changed my life, Rem is gone forever and there is nothing I can do to bring her back...damn I really need to torture this sadist...

Oct 2014
I just hope after this we don't get another ep12-14. I am not gonna live through episodes where they forget the rest of the series again.
Jul 31, 2016 1:49 PM

Aug 2013
The feels were so powerful in this episode my god. Man this was just a huge jump in development for the characters in this show. Finally, Subaru confronts his demons and just lets it all out being open and honest with his struggles with someone. That is definitely something people can relate to because just bottling it up like he has been doing was obviously not doing any good. I mean, that's just a low-key life lesson in itself with this episode but I digress.

I'm not even going to acknowledge the whole romance shutdown thing because quite frankly, the ship wars distract from the overall focus of this series. Just my opinion, hate me all you want. Though I will admit this was funny:

Rem: I love you Subaru

Subaru: I love Emilia.

I died on that shit XD. Anyways, the writing was just so deep on this episode and I'm glad we are gonna be moving away from Subaru's emotional rut that's been going on for the past few episodes. My respect for him has gone up significantly. Also, am I the only one who loved the part at the end where he basically said the title of the series?

"My life in another world starts here, from zero!"

That's just so much yes when shows do that.

Definitely a 5/5 this week.
Don't believe the hype.

Jun 2014
rdtx2013 said:

no different than real life.. when you are stubborn.. it'll take a few times to finally get it

Yes but this isn't real life, it's a story. In storytelling certain sacrifices must be made for the sake of pacing.
"Heaven is a six-tatami, one room, second-floor apartment on Earth. Being a NEET is awesome." - Hanzō Urushihara/Lucifer
Jul 2016
pufonD said:

Did not give a single flying fuck about what they had to say. Ever since what looked like the climax is approaching with the buildup in episode 15 or 16, don't remember, the anime started going down and the whole excitement stalled. Now we get this, a full episode of shitalk. Whatever was tried it failed miserably because it was done way over the top to the point where you just start rolling your eyes and ask them to move on with this. I mean those South American melodramas do not even go as far as this went.
Lmao facts i rolled my eyes so many times and the author already made it pretty obvious he'll end up with Emilia so damn this could've taken 5 secs
Jul 31, 2016 1:50 PM

Apr 2011
The feels were so strongin this episode. I almost cried...
Jul 31, 2016 1:50 PM

Mar 2014
great episode I think that was a turning point for subaru and hes no longer going to be a conceited mc with no actual skill lol

Subaru is savage af, saying how he loves emilia right after what rem said jeez, also puck is beast
Jul 31, 2016 1:51 PM
Oct 2010
Goku said:
The only question I have is, Why was Puck placing Emilia's death on Subaru when puck wasn't there to protect her in the first place?

I remember in one of the past episodes, emilia was already dead and puck was on a rampage by the time subura had arrived. Or I'm just mixing everything up.

Puck has to sleep and also has to be summoned (I believe) so there are gaps when he cannot protect her. Puck was also holding Subaru to his bullshit talk that he will protect her etc.
Dec 2015
jeffreystar said:
pufonD said:

Lmao facts i rolled my eyes so many times and the author already made it pretty obvious he'll end up with Emilia so damn this could've taken 5 secs

Hikarusuke said:

The Opinion is really split.
Sep 2015
Man, I can't stand Subaru. I know that he's been through a ton, but after Rem (best girl) declares her love for him, he rejects her and then asks for her help with Emilia. This is probably me just being salty that he didn't end up choosing Rem, but this episode aggravated me.
Jul 31, 2016 1:52 PM
Jun 2013
pufonD said:

Did not give a single flying fuck about what they had to say. Ever since what looked like the climax is approaching with the buildup in episode 15 or 16, don't remember, the anime started going down and the whole excitement stalled. Now we get this, a full episode of shitalk. Whatever was tried it failed miserably because it was done way over the top to the point where you just start rolling your eyes and ask them to move on with this. I mean those South American melodramas do not even go as far as this went./quote]

Hikarusuke said:

one person is an adult, the other rated naruto 10/10.
figure it out
Jul 31, 2016 1:53 PM
Sep 2014
Enpsychopedia said:
rdtx2013 said:

no different than real life.. when you are stubborn.. it'll take a few times to finally get it

Yes but this isn't real life, it's a story. In storytelling certain sacrifices must be made for the sake of pacing.

and it too a few times to come to this self-realization..

it's nothing more than character development.. and the pacing has been great in this anime.. so i have no idea why you are bringing up the pacing..
Jul 31, 2016 1:53 PM

Apr 2014
all talk episode with nothing happened, also who cares about maid anyway. But white fox sure OP this time, to make all talk episode become so emotional.
期待しているよ、私のサリアだって、嘘ばっかり!
でもねアンジュ、あんたがいなくなれば、私の方が強いってわかれば,
それができるなら、何もいらない!
Jul 31, 2016 1:54 PM

Aug 2015
I kinda dislike how Subaru acts as whole but at this episode he really become a better main character. I deeply respect to him, because unlike other shounenesque characters he really felt the pain of his parts.

In this anime I loved most of the characters. They designed really well.

But at the other hand I won't be happy if I see a 'classical' ending to this show that will destroy the whole thing.

Last episode will be the most crucial one.

May 2014
Cold_Matrix said:
I mean in what way does Emilia deserve Subaru's love?! If he had chosen Rem, then this would probably become my favourite anime of all time. I can't get over it... :'(

Don't feel bad Emilia doesn't deserve anything the anime never gave her any story she is useless.
Rem x Subaru on the other hand had so many moments like why give us all that IF YOU WANTED US TO LIKE EMILIA GIVE HER SOME DAMN POINT.... Seriously it makes me mad....
Rem x Subaru forever~
Minori Kushieda Forever <3

Apr 2014
The voice acting in this episode was beyond incredible, i will now watch any anime with rem or subaru's voice actors because they take their anime roles to a new level of amazing they are two truly talented voice actors. Thought the length was perfect too. The facial expressions were on point. Loved hearing Subaru finally admit what a douche bag he is and really face his own worst qualityies. I believe his character has finally found the right path and Rem will continue to guide him along the correct path to help him grow into a truly great hero.

Jan 2016
Love this episode, maybe Subaru regained some of sanity for once. Getting a little worn out with the depression he's dealing with every episode.

Love Rem but I knew he was waiting for Emilia. To bad for her though.

Still the best show out.

Jan 2015
Idiotproofninja said:
jeffreystar said:

Hikarusuke said:

Well it is, it's a matter of taste I guess.

People live in their different worlds. Some like a knight on a white horse and some like Ong Bak.

It's pointless to argue over those things.

I like a bit of drama myself, but I felt this was completely out of character for the anime as well as being over the top.
Jul 31, 2016 1:56 PM

Jun 2014
rdtx2013 said:
Enpsychopedia said:

it's nothing more than character development.. and the pacing has been great in this anime.. so i have no idea why you are bringing up the pacing..

Sorry? The anime has been pretty great so far, but the pacing has been absolutely laughable.
"Heaven is a six-tatami, one room, second-floor apartment on Earth. Being a NEET is awesome." - Hanzō Urushihara/Lucifer
Jul 31, 2016 1:57 PM

Jul 2016
Rem is obviously best girl. Why did you reject her?

Emilia barely did anything. Rem was there for you when you needed someone. Rem was there to protect you. Rem gave her life for you. Rem was there to put you back on rail.

You don't need to reject her to be able to walk alongside Emilia. Rem's her maid. Following Rem also means being close to Emilia :(

Apr 2014
Verticel said:
pufonD said:

Did not give a single flying fuck about what they had to say. Ever since what looked like the climax is approaching with the buildup in episode 15 or 16, don't remember, the anime started going down and the whole excitement stalled. Now we get this, a full episode of shitalk. Whatever was tried it failed miserably because it was done way over the top to the point where you just start rolling your eyes and ask them to move on with this. I mean those South American melodramas do not even go as far as this went./quote]

one person is an adult, the other rated naruto 10/10.
figure it out
I don't think any adult says 'the feels'.
Jul 2016
Idiotproofninja said:
chacobe said:
Just made an account to talk about this ep (cause crunchy roll has a character limit and the comments are getting super burred under all the comments). I wish that they had just gone and lived on there own and then that when Subaru died he just goes and respawns at the point with Rem and the appas. Then the speech (maybe a little less blind haremy love style speech (not that there is anything wrong with that if you like that )) would have had a lot more impact to me. I mean it seems that for the majority most people really loved this ep but I was not very impressed. I think that it maybe a staple that anime characters who are said to be in love with a certain character blindly appreciate the character they are in love with but I think it may have been a little more realistic if Rem got angry at him for his self loathing. I think often times once a character becomes part of the harem (I mean I don't know if she actually is but she is acting like it) they lose a lot of their identity. Maybe it is realistic in the sense that someone who is in love with someone but will never have that person often times is able to overlook seemingly glaring faults in the person that they loves personality. Maybe might have also been cool if the whole, I love the Barasu that is here now (the one who is the hero) was explored in the ep when they actually go out and live together by possibly Rem growing distant from him as he displays that he has become a coward and still regrets it (maybe some more choices are made by him increasing in his personality becoming more and more estranged from what his personality was initially). Possibly eventually she leaves him (with the child?) and thats where he kills himself instead of dying of old age. This would also justify him loving Emilia more. It would also have the effect of making Rem's love for Subaru have more of a character in itself and stay with the dark theme of the story. Sorry I didn't mean to come on here and write a fan fiction lol, or to criticize what seems to be the opinion of most of the viewers just wanted to get this out there because of what I thought when I watched it. Someone on the comment section of crunchyroll actually said that in a side story they go in live together which is cool. Maybe a good way to tell who is going to be the main love in a harem story in an anime is to see who actually dislikes part of the main characters personality, and won't settle for them until they do something about it (which Emilia seems to be doing). I mean it is obvious anyways most of the time but I don't know. They could just make him settle with a different character in the end. I didn't really feel emotion in this ep, but I am pretty hard pressed to feel emotion for something anyways. Most recently Your lie in april (which I just watched last week or so) made me tear up at the end but besides that only a few things like bioshock 2's ending (of the top of my head thats all I can remember) have made me cry. Just to give some background as to why it may not have done much for me. Anyways /rant lol sorry for anyone who read this about the organization of it I know its ass
Tl:DR: mega edgy emotionless nerd unimpressed with ep, wishes that different stuff had happened, and other random ideas.

May I interest you in Paragraphing Lessons?

Yes can you rewrite my stuff in a good paragraph form Dio? lol
Jul 31, 2016 1:58 PM
Mar 2011
Idiotproofninja said:
jeffreystar said:

Hikarusuke said:

Its this way nice words are nice but he has proven that action are not helping at this point. I guess if the anime goes into a "win" condition eps its all good but at best he just making him self feel better and making other feel better in turn. Nothing realy gotten better.
Some times bad thing happen and ppl die and there is nothing you can do about it. The worst thing is to think about them dying in vain becuse every ones end of life is significant to that person saying death in vain is more of a selfish point of view more of "well there death did not help me in any way."
Jul 31, 2016 1:59 PM
Aug 2015
okay.. this is time to read "if" Re zero Natsuki rem guys... if u need link just pm me ok :)

i am done... i am done.. maybe after ep25 we rem's lover will suffering and despair really deep.. after this episode i just cant seeing rem dead once again.. i just cant... I CANT... i cant... OH GOD I CANT!!!
Jul 31, 2016 1:59 PM

Feb 2014
This episode gave me goosebumps. He's finally back, The subaru we all know and love. Also with this, I think Rem just dethroned Ako for waifu of the year. Even though her ship will never leave port.
Around and around the cycle goes.
Jul 31, 2016 2:00 PM

Dec 2013
inb4 more suffering next ep AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Jul 31, 2016 2:01 PM

Sep 2014
GD1551 said:
Goku said:
The only question I have is, Why was Puck placing Emilia's death on Subaru when puck wasn't there to protect her in the first place?

I remember in one of the past episodes, emilia was already dead and puck was on a rampage by the time subura had arrived. Or I'm just mixing everything up.

Puck has to sleep and also has to be summoned (I believe) so there are gaps when he cannot protect her. Puck was also holding Subaru to his bullshit talk that he will protect her etc.

Oh so that is why, thanks.
Jun 2013
the worst episode in the whole series. absolute garbage.
Sep 2014
Enpsychopedia said:
rdtx2013 said:

Sorry? The anime has been pretty great so far, but the pacing has been absolutely laughable.

to each his own; i dont see what is wrong with it but hey.. opinions differ
Jul 31, 2016 2:05 PM
Jan 2016
Warning!This comment contains RAGE and HATE to Natsuki motherfucking Subaru(alot)
Okay.Episode 18 is 20 minute conversation between Subaru and Rem.And its most hearwarming episode.
Their whole conversation,it was so calm and lovely(mostly),like when Rem confessed her feelings to him,
and when they talked about how they can just run away together and begin new life together,buy a house,
have children and grand-children,live long and happy life,and die together.I really felt all the pain and suffering,
Subaru has gone throught for these 18 episodes.And when she said "I love you subaru-kun"
i thought "yes,there it is.finally some progress and we'll get some Rem x Subaru"...BUT NO
THIS FUCKING UGLY CUNT SUBARU JUST HAD TO FUCKING RUIN EVERYTHING WITH FUCKNG 3 WORDS.
"I LOVE EMILIA".DUDE YOU FUCKING LET HER DIE,PUCK JUST EXPLAINED YOU EVERYTHING,AND EMILIA FUCKING HATES YOU WHY
WOULD YOU DO THAT. HE FUCKING REJECTED REM,MADE HER CRY 3 TIMES IN 25 MINUTES,AND DARES TO ASK HER SOMETHING IN THE END.
FUCKING SELFISH,PATHETIC,WEAK,POOR UGLY CUNT. OFFICIALLY NATSUKI SUBARU IS MOST HATED CHARACTER BY ME,AND MOST ANIME COMMUNITY OF INTERNET EVER.
GOOD DAY,SIR(sorry for some grammar mistakes,because im shaking after this bullshit,i'll just go and sleep now)
Jul 2018
Goku said:

I remember in one of the past episodes, Emilia was already dead and Puck was on a rampage by the time Subaru had arrived. Or I'm just mixing everything up.

Puck should've been aware of Subaru's efforts in saving Emilia. He should even be aware that he loves her. Remember the time when Subaru called him, saving Emilia from Elsa's sneak attack. Subaru took the responsibility. Puck should've acknowledged it. But then Subaru failed. He disappointed Puck.
Apr 2016
The dialogue in this episode hands down was wonderful. There's no questioning that the surge of emotions from Subaru was extremely refreshing and we didn't get the purely generic "hero; protect all the waifus" speech we got a legitimate down to Earth outcry from Subaru leading into his decision to pursue becoming a great hero. Nonetheless outside of the actual context of everything I just said:

What the hell Subaru? Rem and you had such a deep moment and she confessed and you still want Emilia more? but ya know there might be some kind of hope for Rem but until then I'll sink with this ship

Dec 2013
Drafthard said:
Warning!This comment contains RAGE and HATE to Natsuki motherfucking Subaru(alot)
Okay.Episode 18 is 20 minute conversation between Subaru and Rem.And its most hearwarming episode.
Their whole conversation,it was so calm and lovely(mostly),like when Rem confessed her feelings to him,
and when they talked about how they can just run away together and begin new life together,buy a house,
have children and grand-children,live long and happy life,and die together.I really felt all the pain and suffering,
Subaru has gone throught for these 18 episodes.And when she said "I love you subaru-kun"
i thought "yes,there it is.finally some progress and we'll get some Rem x Subaru"...BUT NO
THIS FUCKING UGLY CUNT SUBARU JUST HAD TO FUCKING RUIN EVERYTHING WITH FUCKNG 3 WORDS.
"I LOVE EMILIA".DUDE YOU FUCKING LET HER DIE,PUCK JUST EXPLAINED YOU EVERYTHING,AND EMILIA FUCKING HATES YOU WHY
WOULD YOU DO THAT. HE FUCKING REJECTED REM,MADE HER CRY 3 TIMES IN 25 MINUTES,AND DARES TO ASK HER SOMETHING IN THE END.
FUCKING SELFISH,PATHETIC,WEAK,POOR UGLY CUNT. OFFICIALLY NATSUKI SUBARU IS MOST HATED CHARACTER BY ME,AND MOST ANIME COMMUNITY OF INTERNET EVER.
GOOD DAY,SIR(sorry for some grammar mistakes,because im shaking after this bullshit,i'll just go and sleep now)

Thanks for the trigger warning bruv
Jul 31, 2016 2:07 PM
Jul 2016
BokuNoHawky said:
Verticel said:

and it was 20 minutes too long

If it took 5 mins after all what we've been through I would have been furious, we never would have learned that Subaru was actually a very self loathing person with deep rooted psychological problems that have plagued him for the latter part of his life even before he got tp'd to this world, and m'man swoops in here and solves it in the sweet sweet time of 20 mins? Not too long nor too short, hell yeah

Yeah, he was at the lowest in this ep, so of course it'd take a long time and lots of talking to really get him fired up. I forgot about the self-loathing part, though.
Jul 31, 2016 2:08 PM
Jul 2018
Rem is the best...
Emilia isn't grateful enough or at least they didn't show much of her inner thoughts in the show to be honest with you... but of course Subaru still loves Emilia I guess Rem can be a mistress or his private maid if he somehow makes it out with Emilia alive which will probably happen or the ratings will go down and of course like every company they want profit maybe in the end Emilia won't survive.
I am looking for a situation where Subaru literally wishes to start from an earlier checkpoint or even from when he just came to the world.
Jul 31, 2016 2:09 PM

Jun 2015
wow some people are really trying hard to bash on this show...
I know , it's not the best but it's actually very good.
you got a decent explanation on why he's not a OP MC (like kirito)
you know why he was acting the way he was!
you guys are saying that the scene was too long but i'm 100% sure you would have torn it apart if it lasted 5 mins.

Jul 2014
I kinda lost part of my love for this show after this episode because of how someone is forced on your head because the author want to
Oct 2015
Drafthard said:

What if it was you. What would you have done?
Jul 31, 2016 2:10 PM
Jul 2018
Enpsychopedia said:
rdtx2013 said:

The walking was steady for me. Perhaps you've not perceived it enough? 'sacrifices' would be things that weren't shown/said, right? Anyway.
Jul 31, 2016 2:11 PM

Jul 2014
IceKr34m said:
Drafthard said:

What if it was you. What would you have done?

You seriously ask him ?
Jul 31, 2016 2:12 PM
Jun 2016
Episode 18 of Re Zero....another reason why I watch anime in my old age!

Starts off with some more rage from Puck, and then goes into some really powerful talk between Subaru and Rem.

What I loved about the episode was the way Rem somehow was able to reach out to Subaru in the midst of his suffering and comfort him. I guess that sometimes suffering is good...in a way...because you can comfort others who suffer the same way.

Today I was thinking about why I like anime...and it was the learning a lesson aspect that came to mind. That is why I like Re Zero. You always get wham episodes like that...where some big lesson is learned.
"The greatness of one's sorrow when parting is the evidence of the deepness of one's love, so if one fears sadness, one wouldn't be able to love anything."
Jul 31, 2016 2:13 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Subaru keeps turning whining into not whining.......while whining. Rem is the best thing about this episode...and possibly the series. 6/10 for Subaru......15/10 for Rem.
Jul 31, 2016 2:13 PM

Apr 2012
And that episode solidifies Rem as the best girl of the show.

Fucking Subaru tho. Rem loves him unconditionally too smfh

Pages (37) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.