Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
First Love Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
Jul 31, 2016 12:09 AM
Master

Sep 2012
Why do people rate that series to "low/bad" qwq?
I've seen all 5 ep and i think it's really an funny romance show xD
I'm looking forward for more ._. but i makes me sad to see that the rating is going lower and lower ewe...

The Romance IS weird I know and the jokes are... weird too xD but that makes the Anime kinda special '3'.....

And sorry for my bad english *bows*
Jul 31, 2016 11:09 AM

Jan 2012
probably because the guy's in elementary school...I've only seen 3 episodes, but I'm not sure if I want to continue lol xD I mean, the anime is funny, but the age difference thing just puts me off >__>
Jul 31, 2016 8:03 PM
Jan 2011
Its creepy as hell. The wiener jokes aren't funny. I don't know what they were thinking making this into an anime when there are better mangas out there.
Jul 31, 2016 10:47 PM

Dec 2012
Mostly because Kaho is a pedo XD and it's just so weird watching her fantasize about a 5th grader. It would probably have a higher rating if it weren't for this age gap.
Jul 31, 2016 10:56 PM

Jun 2013
Besides being pretty creepy, the jokes just arent funny most of the time.
Aug 1, 2016 6:59 AM

Jun 2016
Kaho is a pedo, but the show makes everyone in the house, minus Kanade, Kanade's dad, Kota and the glasses girl, creepy too so that she seems normal.

Even then, Kaho isn't really interesting. The other characters are, but once she starts talking about how she wants more from her relationship with Kanade I start to lose interest and find her really annoying. There's only so much you can expect from a 10 year old.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Aug 1, 2016 7:04 AM

Jul 2012
the comedy is very niche

thats why

tanita92 said:
probably because the guy's in elementary school...I've only seen 3 episodes, but I'm not sure if I want to continue lol xD I mean, the anime is funny, but the age difference thing just puts me off >__>
it's because it's shotacon and that's not accepted by the anime community despite lolicons being completely okay

the anime community needs to stop having double standards. if y'all gonna hate on shotacon, you'd better also hate lolicons too
Aug 1, 2016 7:13 AM

Sep 2015
The humour's hit and miss, and it's just kinda cringey overall. It's one thing to have older characters looking younger, but this is actually young kids which is a little different - well for me it is, anyway.

Plus of what I've seen so far, they can't go more than 30 seconds without saying penis. Kids don't mention or talk about their cocks that much. It's just weird.
It's an entirely different kind of flying, altogether!
It's an entirely different kind of flying.
Aug 1, 2016 7:32 AM

Jun 2016
Mayuka said:
it's because it's shotacon and that's not accepted by the anime community despite lolicons being completely okay

the anime community needs to stop having double standards. if y'all gonna hate on shotacon, you'd better also hate lolicons too

I don't know if I agree with that.

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii was a shotacon, but it was infinitely times better than this. The comedy, the budding romance, the drama...everything really was better than this.

I don't think shotacon is the reason why people are turned off by this. It's more because Kanade acts like a kid but in an exaggerated kind of way (because like someone said above no 10 year old talks about his penis so much) and Kaho is just stupid.
°˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°
Aug 1, 2016 7:36 AM

Jul 2012
MonoJuMal said:
Mayuka said:

I don't know if I agree with that.

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii was a shotacon, but it was infinitely times better than this. The comedy, the budding romance, the drama...everything really was better than this.

I don't think shotacon is the reason why people are turned off by this. It's more because Kanade acts like a kid but in an exaggerated kind of way (because like someone said above no 10 year old talks about his penis so much) and Kaho is just stupid.
thats because the age difference wasn't big in soredemo. the main male was actually mature there and the entire show wasn't just a joke. that's like comparing super lovers to boku no pico. super lovers has an okay age difference.

it definitely is the age difference here that turns people off. like i said, the comedy is super niche. it's actually very funny for a small group of people (which will include me)
Aug 3, 2016 11:06 AM

Aug 2014
I don't get why people can't just enjoy the absurdity that anime has to offer.
You can literally watch something about a girl going through a well into the feudal era to go on adventures with a wolf demon guy, and another show has elf girls getting tentacle molested in a virtual reality or people getting eaten alive by other giant humans. And yet...people complain about this show being too much for them...right...
mimirokuAug 3, 2016 11:10 AM
end my suffering
Aug 3, 2016 1:22 PM

Mar 2016
I know why. It's just a terrible anime. If it doesn't get better by episode 3 (which i'm on), i'm dropping this trash. So far I scored it a 4.
Aug 5, 2016 3:58 AM

Sep 2013
Alex-chii said:
Why do people rate that series to "low/bad" qwq?
I've seen all 5 ep and i think it's really an funny romance show xD
I'm looking forward for more ._. but i makes me sad to see that the rating is going lower and lower ewe...

The Romance IS weird I know and the jokes are... weird too xD but that makes the Anime kinda special '3'.....

And sorry for my bad english *bows*

I think it's creepy and odd concept for a romance. The romance is bland and cringey. I also can't take the romance seriously at all either. The jokes are awful but it does make sense since they are kids. Everyone has their own comedy they enjoy, this one is just not one for me.

The thing that bothers me the most is that it's not just one child but multiple kids are in a man's body being children. For me, I never liked adults or teenagers acting like little children in real life. Seeing children in an adults/teenage body is the same thing for me. I understand they act like their own age, but children in general are annoying and when you have a handful of them featured, it feels like I'm back in grade school where dick jokes are funny.

Though I never thought dick/fart jokes were funny as a kid. I was the more silent loner who pretended to be Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing or Piccolo from DBZ. As you can guess, I was definitely not popular.

I'm glad you like the show though so I hope you enjoy your the rest of the series. Don't let the majority or myself influence your judgement of this show.
TehSnawnAug 5, 2016 4:07 AM

Aug 5, 2016 4:04 AM

Jul 2014
Yeah I agree. This anime is easily the most hilarious thing I've seen recently, and Kaho is not a pedo at all. People just need to throw their morals out the window (like they do when they're watching tentacle hentai) and sit back and enjoy. The dick jokes are really funny.
Doctors want to check me
Poke me and dissect me
What do they expect?
Feelings from a wind-up toy?
I don't think so

Aug 7, 2016 6:47 PM

Jun 2015
Besides the fact since the dude's in 5th grade and I feel like a pervert watching it, I'm just not entertained by the jokes and humour to be honest. And I really don't like a majority of the characters, I would drop it if I wasn't a completionist.
Aug 7, 2016 7:31 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i laugh my ass off watching this show, i don't know why people are all SJW over it.....
Aug 7, 2016 7:33 PM

Jul 2012
EcchiLordMamster said:
i laugh my ass off watching this show, i don't know why people are all SJW over it.....
i agree lol

anime isn't supposed to be very moral in the first place. i mean, it's not like someone's being harmed or this show is making offensive jokes towards any gender/group.

mirokuxsango said:
You can literally watch something about a girl going through a well into the feudal era to go on adventures with a wolf demon guy, and another show has elf girls getting tentacle molested in a virtual reality or people getting eaten alive by other giant humans. And yet...people complain about this show being too much for them...right...
this LOL

i don't find this show weird at all. maybe the daddy kink girl.. lmao
Aug 7, 2016 7:39 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Mayuka said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
i agree lol

anime isn't supposed to be very moral in the first place. i mean, it's not like someone's being harmed or this show is making offensive jokes towards any gender/group.

mirokuxsango said:
this LOL

i don't find this show weird at all. maybe the daddy kink girl.. lmao

yes and this is coming from MAL's ecchi master of all people, although ive never said anything negative about fujoshi/yaoi/shounen ai or female oriented fanservice lol

this is entirely outside my comfort zone, yet i still "enjoy" the show and will watch the whole thing....... pause( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 7, 2016 7:49 PM

Mar 2015
This anime is a piece of art. Easily the most entertaining show this season.

At least one has to agree it isn't one of these bland, generic shounen/sports/high school romance shows that we have already seen a thousand times.

The show doesn't take itself seriously. So why should we?
Aug 8, 2016 12:30 AM

Oct 2015
The show isn't for everyone that's for sure.
Aug 8, 2016 6:54 AM

Nov 2011
Honestly it's not the morality of the show that bothers me because he LOOKS so much older, and pedophiles are attracted to pre-pubescents and since he doesn't look pre pubescent it's not... exactly pedophilia? She's also just really immature herself and not at all predatory. I'm not going to get into the whole psychology behind the condition on here though. Either way, the whole concept is too absurd to be offended about. If anything, I'm just confused as to how it even exists or makes money.

I think people dislike it because it just isn't funny, cute, or romantic. It's just painful. You can't have any good romance because he's 10, and all they do is make weiner jokes. Not only that, despite being a shoujo it doesn't seem to know what it's target audience is as it's appeal tries to jump all over the place thus resulting in not really appealing to anyone at all. To be honest I'm not really sure why it even got adapted when there are far more highly rated and entertaining shoujo manga out there.

TLDR: The morals aren't the issue. It's just a crappy show.
AmberlehAug 8, 2016 7:01 AM
Aug 8, 2016 11:12 AM

May 2013
Because it's terrible.

Aug 9, 2016 3:29 AM

Jun 2013
I take it as a joke while I enjoy bashing Kaho for being a dumb little shit. She expects Kanade to be mature about their romance when he still calls his penis a "wiener."
臭い-
Aug 16, 2016 2:03 PM

Dec 2009
I don't understnad why people call it pedophilia. We're talking about a 5 year age-gap. That's not that much. 10 years from now they'll be 20 and 25 years old (._.).

That being said, I understand that people don't like jokes made by a 10 year old... They are made to entertain 10 year olds (=_=)
ღღღ

"When I started screaming, I finally figured
it out. I had always been afraid of not being
able to see my future. Of not knowing what I
want to do in my life. Of not knowing why I
don't know what I want to do. And of the days
that kept flowing by mercilessly, in spite
of that" - Yuuta Takemoto (Honey and Clover)
Aug 18, 2016 12:08 AM

Oct 2008
I dunno... I get the occasional wanting to watch something completely ridiculous for the laughs, but the humor doesn't suit me on this one. So why waste my time on it if I don't think it's funny. :p
Aug 20, 2016 1:31 PM

Apr 2013
I personally have no idea whether this is an actual parody or not. It comes off as such at times, but then it pulls something that makes me detract it because it was so jarring. I just have no attachment to any of the characters, I think they're boring. I was also hoping characters would be oh-so-mean to Kaho more (particularly Kanade because isn't he supposed to be the "first love monster"?), but it hasn't really happened much outside of the first episode and the crazy lady that one episode. Seriously, what the hell? The plot's kicked off because someone was finally meeeeean to Kaho for once in her life?

Also the art bothers me, particularly with the faces. Why do the eyes look so off, it's distracting and makes me cringe. (Nothing less from Studio DEEN, I guess.)
Sep 5, 2016 6:38 AM

Oct 2014
This is the opinion of someone who only watched the first episode and dropped it. And also, I tend to like seinen and josei more than shoujo so I have a more mature sense of humor, which may have contributed as to why I see this show in this manner.

First, the girl is a rich spoiled brat who falls in love with the first handsome guy she sees. If it had been any handsome guy other than the main character that helped her, she would probably have fallen just the same. She didn't fall in love with the person, but the looks. And to be honest, I find her personality annoying as hell.

Second, every single guy I know from 5th grade in real life, including my classmates from that time, are way more mature than these guys. They wouldn't talk about their parts in front of girls and they cared about way more than that. I had serious discussions with them, of course about topics not that serious as I see them now but that were important at that time. I don't mind if he is a 10 year old brat, but what I watched wasn't a 10 year old personality, I would give it 7 or 8 years at best. And again, I find him incredibly annoying...

Third, I've never been a fan of comedy, I didn't even grin while watching Sket Dance and, from the first season of Gintama, 201 episodes, I found funny 15 at best (though these were 15 that made me laugh my ass of). So I may not be the best at judging comedy, but the jokes were simply bad... They weren't the slightest bit funny, just stupid and boring.

Conclusion: As the main characters are a big part of what makes an anime likeable, I have to say this fails miserably in this aspect. The art is not the prettiest I've seen. The romance is based on futile things rather than what really matters. The only thing this anime has going for it is the comedy, and guess what? It also fails miserably.

Well, this is only my opinion, if you like the anime don't let my comment stop you from enjoying it... This just isn't my cup of tea and I just wanted to share why that is.
MaryHelenSep 7, 2016 6:33 AM
Sep 22, 2016 11:17 AM

Mar 2008
This is an obvious parody, making fun of shoujo and boys' love cliches. It has a lot of references to other anime and manga too, like Kuroshitsuji in ep 7. (butler character and Kaz is pretty much Sebastian and Ciel, butler also bit his glove angrily lmao)

I'm assuming most of people here haven't noticed HM is a parody, or they're not interested in shoujo or BL genre at all.
Oct 4, 2016 1:56 PM
Jul 2012
Meh I feel like I'm the only one that actually had a great time and looked forward to future episodes lol.
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Feb 8, 2019 9:46 AM

Sep 2009
honestly if that show had girls looking like highschoolers in elementary school people would be all over it ;3

well as for me I do enjoy the show and I think it's super hilarious! It's not lewd or perverted in the least while there are enough shows that have lolis that do appear in skimpy clothing and suggestive poses while the MC lusts after them just saying.

Oct 11, 2019 8:39 PM

Feb 2008
I find the personalities of the characters to be off putting. This 5th grader acts like a 3 year old brat who has never been taught any sort of manners. I hate children who behave like that in real life, why would I enjoy an anime where one of the main characters acts like that and looks like an adult? It's weird and annoying to me. But then when you include romance on top of that ... it's just bizarre.

I realize it's meant to be funny, but it falls flat in that department for me.

It's not because it's a shotacon, I would argue you can't even call it that since the character doesn't even look the part. If it was a female character instead, would it be more enjoyable? Not to me, not with that personality.
I am become bunny, fluffing of worlds.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Hatsukoi Monster Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 17, 2016

56 by LilyVarbik »»
Feb 15, 7:57 AM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Monster Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Sep 3, 2016

37 by LilyVarbik »»
Feb 14, 2:21 PM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Monster Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

30 by LilyVarbik »»
Feb 14, 1:51 PM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Monster Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

19 by LilyVarbik »»
Feb 14, 1:21 PM

Poll: » Hatsukoi Monster Episode 7 Discussion

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

30 by LilyVarbik »»
Feb 14, 12:53 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.