Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (42) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Jul 10, 2016 3:02 PM

Mar 2015

Don't know why, but this song just keep playing in my head during the episode.

Jul 10, 2016 3:03 PM

Apr 2013
Fantastic episode.

Fai said:
edgy.

edge

edge

edgy

Nice buzzword.

Somehow it could deliver deep and interesting story for 11 whopping episodes without triggering the viewers into vomiting and hyperventilating.ag

This should ahve ahad afuaking thrigger warning at the start of the episode.

And please go back to tumblr.
RaneerJul 10, 2016 3:08 PM
Jul 10, 2016 3:03 PM

Mar 2011
Oh wow. That was incredible. Seriously! The best episode so far, no doubt. Betelguese's VA, all these feelings, deaths... everything was great. 5/5. I just hope that it will stay that way to the end. = ]

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Jul 10, 2016 3:05 PM

Jul 2013
Idiotproofninja said:
IronCaren said:
This

Wait

What

How

Holy damning damn. What can I say to this? Just... Whoa. Could it be that the author is setting up Subaru to become a villain in the end, and that this is all merely the tragic backstory of Pride?

Nope, Why? Cause he's weak as hell. If he was the Villain of the story. Reinhard would just do one regular sword swing and GG.

Dude. Remember why this anime is even a thing beyond the first half of the first episode?

None other than Return by Death.

And by 'villain', I don't mean a literal cackling evil sort of villain, but...hm, how to explain it? He'd be ruthless at manipulating everyone around him to get what he wanted, like that.

Jul 10, 2016 3:07 PM

Jan 2014
Am I the only one that thought this episode was whatevers? People claiming this is a masterpiece show, I just don't get it but I'm probably alone on this one apparantly.

Anyone know the OST at the ending snow scene though? that was a great song, I want.

Mar 2015
This was by far the best episode, but seeing Rem being tortured like that was hard to watch.
Can't wait for the next episode. Hope we get an explanation as to why Puck killed Subaru..
Dec 2015
iRels said:
Idiotproofninja said:

No, It will happen again and again till it stops happening, ( When the MC decides on a plan that works) then it would 'never have happened'. Like how Emilia died in the first arc over and over.But now she will never remember she died in the first arc because it never 'truly' happened.

The story's long. He'll keep devising plans. Issues will keep appearing. Those close to him will keep suffering. It'll affect him as it would anyone. It's likely that some characteres will die permanently, too... And Subaru will be forced to accept it. And you know, even though Emilia and Subaru didn't die, what happened between at the castle was very significant, and became permanent. We've to remind ourselves that Subaru has no control over which point he comes back to.

Trust me It's not a spoiler but Subaru and Emilia will not permanently die until maybe the real end of the series. How do I know this? Am I the Author? No. Did I read the Novel? No. It's called common sense.

Bananaoranges said:
Idiotproofninja said:

Nope, Why? Cause he's weak as hell. If he was the Villain of the story. Reinhard would just do one regular sword swing and GG.

We get it dude, you dislike Subaru and Emilia. There's no need to constantly insult them for no good reason. His return from death would make him a pretty darn powerful villain if used properly.

Calling him weak is an insult. Is he strong in the universe he inhabits? If the answer is NO, then he's weak. His ability has the POTENTIAL to be powerful but he'll never utilize it in a way to maximise it's potential because he's too scared of dying.
Jul 10, 2016 3:08 PM
Jul 2016
WTF
I think the author gona killed them all in the end
but i juste hope that subaro gona live happily ever after with emiliya,rem and ram in the end
cauze a sad ending gonna be bad for my opinion
Jul 10, 2016 3:08 PM

Dec 2013
My heart skipped a beat. Holy fucking shit
Stay in yesterday 時を止めて
Jul 10, 2016 3:09 PM

Jul 2015
mozgow said:
Tomimi said:
Also what did he meant by

"You wouldn't happen to be Pride, would you?"

I'm not source material reader but I assume that ...

Not to mention that the Archbishops seem to be named after the seven deadly sins too.
Jul 10, 2016 3:10 PM

Feb 2016
So, lemme see... How do I say this...

THIS SHIT WAS SO FUCKING EPIC! And finally it's getting epic again! Didn't like the 2 episodes before, but NOW we're talking! Best episode yet, honestly! Love this anime.

(I wanted to say other things too and detail my opinion a bit, but meh, too late for that and I forgot it anyway)

(Also, what was this weird cat thingy at the end though? "Sleep, just like my daughter"? Defuq? Implying Rem's mom isn't dad? (Get the pun?))

Dayum, though. So awesome.

Also, I abandon the Emilia best girl bandwagon. All aboard the Rem-train!
Call-Me-CaptainJul 10, 2016 3:22 PM

Jun 2015
QWERTYFish25 said:
ShadowMonkey said:
White Fox really don't like OPs and EDs do they?

If they're gonna drag this shit with moe and excessive bickering I welcome it. At least we get some compensation.
I don't really like the new OP that much so I don't mind it anymore either I guess, but it kinda feels empty idk
Dec 2015
IronCaren said:
Idiotproofninja said:

Dude. Remember why this anime is even a thing beyond the first half of the first episode?

None other than Return by Death.

And by 'villain', I don't mean a literal cackling evil sort of villain, but...hm, how to explain it? He'd be ruthless at manipulating everyone around him to get what he wanted, like that.

I would love a shadow puppeteer. Sounds kinda fun. The problem is that Subaru isn't a guy with a plan. He doesn't come up with a plan till it's the 3rd+ time he died and he FINALLY realises what's going on. Most of the time he gets his ass whooped because he has no real plan like the fight against Julius.
Jun 2016
5/5 DAMN THIS EPISODE THOUGH!

God when Subaru was in handcufs hitting his head on the floor trying to suicide, that got me.

And the ending felt like when you find the final boss in a game and it is so op you don't even have the time to react and just get rekt lol. Fuck i need more re:zero already ;-;

Jul 2014
AirConditioner said:
I got a question for LN readers bc kinda too curious to wait and find out.

He will fall for both "FACT "

Jul 2012
Still AOTY for me :) This episode was so freaking crazy, can't wait for more!
Jul 10, 2016 3:13 PM
Jul 2018
Idiotproofninja said:
iRels said:

The story's long. He'll keep devising plans. Issues will keep appearing. Those close to him will keep suffering. It'll affect him as it would anyone. It's likely that some characteres will die permanently, too... And Subaru will be forced to accept it. And you know, even though Emilia and Subaru didn't die, what happened between at the castle was very significant, and became permanent. We've to remind ourselves that Subaru has no control over which point he comes back to.

Trust me It's not a spoiler but Subaru and Emilia will not permanently die until maybe the real end of the series. How do I know this? Am I the Author? No. Did I read the Novel? No. It's called common sense.

So? She's not the only one he cares for. And even if she doesn't die, it could happen that he'd start hating her. ... I hope you're aware that the author has already predicted your OBVIOUS criticisms. It should've been clear. I already told some other users the same. They seemed to be unaware.
removed-userJul 10, 2016 3:32 PM
Jul 10, 2016 3:17 PM

Jun 2015
Idiotproofninja said:
Creepy_Noire_fan said:
why are people mad that Subaru broke down again?!
Who wouldn't break down in a situation like this?!
you people have to remember that he's not some super soldier that experienced many wars!
he was just a random dude that got sent to a different world and and died extremely painful deaths! It'd be weirder if he didn't break down!

I think we are the point where we just want the MC to DO SOMETHING besides get your a@# kicked.
Which hopefully he finds a way of doing since he finally decided to DO something at the end of the Episode.

He's just a normal guy tho
I'm actually surprised he got so far...
And from what i can see , he's going to fail.
Anger clouds judgement !
From what i can tell , he'll most likely try to get revenge more than try to protect the ones he love the most!
I'm actually worried about him...
Jul 10, 2016 3:18 PM

Jan 2013
Senpaoi said:
I'm happy to know that the author is a sucker for happy endings

Jul 10, 2016 3:19 PM
Dec 2015
iRels said:
Idiotproofninja said:

So? She's not the only one he cares for. And even if she doesn't die, it could happen that he'd start hating her. ... I hope you're aware that the author has already predicted your OBVIOUS criticisms. It should've been clear. I already told some other users the same. They semed to be unaware.

Did you even read what you wrote. If he'd started to hate her I'd give this show a 10/10. Kick out the worst girl. Hahaha. But that will never happen. I'm not psychic. It's common sense.

How the show feels to me is how the show feels to me. To me it lacks tension because I know what's going to happen. It's not a criticism. That's how I felt. If you felt different more power to you. Everything affects people differently. Just like how everyone likes different kinds of music and finds music others love really annoying.

Creepy_Noire_fan said:
Idiotproofninja said:

I think we are the point where we just want the MC to DO SOMETHING besides get your a@# kicked.
Which hopefully he finds a way of doing since he finally decided to DO something at the end of the Episode.

He's just a normal guy tho
I'm actually surprised he got so far...
And from what i can see , he's going to fail.
Anger clouds judgement !
From what i can tell , he'll most likely try to get revenge more than try to protect the ones he love the most!
I'm actually worried about him...

Don't worry, He'll fail again and again till he uses his brain and comes up with a PLAN. Likely involves convincing people with greater power than himself to go the right place and the right time, so they can do the heavy lifting.

Jul 2013
Idiotproofninja said:

I would love a shadow puppeteer. Sounds kinda fun. The problem is that Subaru isn't a guy with a plan. He doesn't come up with a plan till it's the 3rd+ time he died and he FINALLY realises what's going on. Most of the time he gets his ass whooped because he has no real plan like the fight against Julius.

Well, you know. If the past three arcs (so far) of the anime has been any indication... he's learning. At least beginning to learn. Besides, in the first arc's repeats, his slowness comes from being, understandably, confused as hell. And in the second arc's repeats, it comes from not knowing what killed him.

Idiotproofninja said:

Judging by people's warnings and comments on further arcs, I can actually genuinely imagine Emilia dying. I mean, even her main heroine status is beginning to get called into question lately.

Jul 2007
Like wow, holy shit. Most evil character ever, and watching Rem crawl up to him all mangled up like that was one of those moments that make you cringe and cry at the same time. And that ending with the credits rolling was masterfully done. 10+/10.
Jul 10, 2016 3:21 PM
Jun 2016
How do you guys suppose that was puck at the end? (if the explanation includes spoilers please don't tell me ^^)
Jul 10, 2016 3:22 PM

Jul 2014
YuriShipper said:
#TEAMREM
Rem: Best girl of 2016

Meanwhile on Team Emilia.....
Emilia: Does nothing.

Again someone please explain to me why is Emilia even in here? Why is she the main heroine? Honestly anybody else could've taken her place easily. All it seems like to me, is that she's just simply a trophy/figurehead girl. Not much redeeming quality to her at all.

She's there to be love interset for subaru "for no reason "
while Rem is there to be #Best_Girl xD

Seriously i would throw away any girl in my head if i meet a girl care for me this much xD
Jul 10, 2016 3:23 PM

Oct 2014
Every time i start to doubt this show they do something crazy that pulls me back in. Great episode!
Jul 10, 2016 3:23 PM
Dec 2015
IronCaren said:
Idiotproofninja said:

Well, you know. If the past three arcs (so far) of the anime has been any indication... he's learning. At least beginning to learn. Besides, in the first arc's repeats, his slowness comes from being, understandably, confused as hell. And in the second arc's repeats, it comes from not knowing what killed him.

Idiotproofninja said:

Judging by people's warnings and comments on further arcs, I can actually genuinely imagine Emilia dying. I mean, even her main heroine status is beginning to get called into question lately.

He's still a dumbass that challenges someone with infinitely more combat experience than him to duel without first attempting to find out their weakness. Like I said, he needs a few deaths then he'll decide to actually PLAN Ahead.

I would celebrate if she died but that won't happen.
Jul 10, 2016 3:27 PM

Jul 2015
White Fox is doing an amazing job. Too bad we just have 10 eps left.

I'm getting the same feeling when I watched Steins;Gate (by White Fox also). It seems it is going to get better and better.
Jul 10, 2016 3:32 PM

Jan 2014
Hah I love Betelgeuse, his level of insanity is just too good xD
He was a tad mit stronger than I imagined though ( ̄  ̄;)

Subaru (and everybody else) getting killed twice in this episode.. the horror D:
He looks pretty mad now though, which depending on the outcome of the next episode, might be a good thing.
Jul 2018
Idiotproofninja said:
iRels said:

So? She's not the only one he cares for. And even if she doesn't die, it could happen that he'd start hating her. ... I hope you're aware that the author has already predicted your OBVIOUS criticisms. It should've been clear. I already told some other users the same. They semed to be unaware.

Did you even read what you wrote. If he'd started to hate her I'd give this show a 10/10. Kick out the worst girl. Hahaha. But that will never happen. I'm not psychic. It's common sense.

How the show feels to me is how the show feels to me. To me it lacks tension because I know what's going to happen. It's not a criticism. That's how I felt. If you felt different more power to you. Everything affects people differently. Just like how everyone likes different kinds of music and finds music others love really annoying.

She already isn't and won't be appearing much. It's like he predicted this, too... Ah, can't be... Eh.

Jul 2014
Re:zero would relllllly fit as Visual novel .
Jul 10, 2016 3:33 PM

Sep 2015
WOW this episode let me feel pain , fear , sadness , Angry, Mad , Creepy , Weird

Yeah I was bothered with this show until this arc shown up , best one of the year , it feels hard to sleep now

May 2015

I think the creature is Puck because Puck uses ice magic and both have an earring in there left ear.

[アウサマ95]
Jul 2016
People said that Puck has killed him before this point, is that true because I don't remember it?
Jul 10, 2016 3:34 PM

Jan 2013
Holy shit the ending looked like something straight out of Asura's wrath!
Defo tons of slow progress coming now.

That sloth guys cringe inducing acting was top notch, I wonder what made puck give Subaru a quick and painless death at the end.
polespJul 10, 2016 3:39 PM
Jul 10, 2016 3:34 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Best episode i have ever seen. I'm speechless and scarred.
Jul 10, 2016 3:36 PM
Jul 2016
omfg the ending this hole episode was fucking NUTZ
the witch awekening at the END WTTFFFFF
Jul 10, 2016 3:36 PM
Jun 2016
iRels said:
Idiotproofninja said:

She already isn't and won't be appearing much. It's like he predicted this, too... Ah, can't be... Eh.

I'd honestly stop responding. The other guy is just going to keep attempting to refute everything you say regardless of whether you're right, or wrong. He dislikes Emilia, that's not an issue, but the fact that he feels the need to point it whenever he gets the chance shows he's a little obsessed, just like Subaru's obsession with Emilia. :^)
Jul 10, 2016 3:37 PM

Sep 2013
Omg.... what the hell was that??
That was insane!

I'll be honest - I have not been a fan of this show in the slightest.... but this episode was.... wow.....

The last few minutes before the credits especially were brilliant
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2015
iRels said:
Idiotproofninja said:

The Author isn't some sort of clairvoyant. He still loves Emilia and wants to save her. The only reason we aren't seeing Emilia is because of their 'fight'. I've read so many comments here and no a single one was OMG I wish we had more Emilia screentime this episode. She's a horribly written character but she'll be back.

Oct 2011
Question about the Rem IF chapter

Jul 10, 2016 3:38 PM

Oct 2015
Just a mindblowing episode seriously still after the episode ended i was in daze took me a while to come back to reality. They really proved it once more for me that this anime is by far the best one this year no matter what comes out this fall or gets finished this summer can top re:zero with the epicness they did on this episode simply every was top top top.
And now the suffering begins for the 1week wait until the next episode
Jul 10, 2016 3:39 PM
Sep 2014
I think his name is supposed to be Beetlejuice? Just some weird pronunciation at work
Jul 10, 2016 3:40 PM

Oct 2015
Ausama95 said:

I think the creature is Puck because Puck uses ice magic and both have an earring in there left ear.

There is also another hint when the "monster" says that he should rest beside his daughter and remember Puck refers to Emilia as his daughter so that makes the 2 very strong points that shows that the monster indeed is Puck
Dec 2015
Bananaoranges said:
iRels said:

I'd honestly stop responding. The other guy is just going to keep attempting to refute everything you say regardless of whether you're right, or wrong. He dislikes Emilia, that's not an issue, but the fact that he feels the need to point it whenever he gets the chance shows he's a little obsessed, just like Subaru's obsession with Emilia. :^)

Don't say you'd honestly stop responding by quoting the person then responding. Just stop responding by not typing.

Dec 2015
well that was pretty intense and that ending gave me chills
Jul 10, 2016 3:41 PM
Jul 2018
TFE said:
People said that Puck has killed him before this point, is that true because I don't remember it?

Puck's killed him twice... Subaru was a casualty... But it might be that Puck didn't care about him anymore, after Emilia supposedly died. First time was when he tried to open the door, and was frozen to death... That ice seemed to be a magical, never-melting one.

Sep 2013
BlackPoint said:
Just a mindblowing episode seriously still after the episode ended i was in daze took me a while to come back to reality.

I had a similar experience too!

It was a surreal few seconds when the credits started rolling with that image of that monster in the distance...

It's been a long time since I got as feeling like that towards an anime
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 2012
Forced drama: the episode.

Oct 2011
Mickdrew said:
That was insane!

I'll be honest - I have not been a fan of this show in the slightest.... but this episode was.... wow.....

Not at all related to your post, but it's Kongroo. I'm tilted by seeing Congroo.
Jul 10, 2016 3:42 PM

Apr 2014
Mickdrew said:
That was insane!

haha, i hope the episode stops at that, the scene is quietly beautiful, but then i realize it still have ~2minutes.
期待しているよ、私のサリアだって、嘘ばっかり!
でもねアンジュ、あんたがいなくなれば、私の方が強いってわかれば,
それができるなら、何もいらない!
Pages (42) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

34 by Okeanix »»
Yesterday, 4:32 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.