Forum Settings
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 6, 2016 8:01 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
EXPLOSION

Glad to see Megumin getting some spotlight already this volume. I'm excited to see more chemistry between her and Kazuma. Wonder if they plan to use some flashbacks from the side series about her story when she learned Explosive Magic. Should be interesting.
Jul 6, 2016 11:37 AM
Jul 2018
Megumin vol as expected. Looks like some flashbacks too will be there from her chunni time. I miss Iris already.
Jul 6, 2016 11:26 PM

Sep 2011
striderzz said:
Megumin vol as expected. Looks like some flashbacks too will be there from her chunni time. I miss Iris already.

Apparently, next volume is an Iris volume.
Jul 6, 2016 11:30 PM

Jan 2015
A nice little prologue between Megumin and Kazuma. When Kazuma picked up Megumin I immediately thought of Kazuma's confession from the OVA.

GitahMuttan said:
striderzz said:

Apparently, next volume is an Iris volume.

And we won't be able to read the fanfic of it, tis a cruel world indeed.
Big Order (TV):great anime or greatest anime?
Jul 9, 2016 3:20 AM

Jan 2016
someone knows where I can read the raws
Jul 13, 2016 8:22 AM

Sep 2011
Chapter 1 is up!

I can't say that I'm a tiny bit disappointed. I came expecting Megumin, got Darkness instead.

All is well though since the comedy is still top notch! Got me smirking a lot of times.
Jul 14, 2016 12:09 AM
Jul 2018
Relevant picture:-

Those moments with Darkness were simply gold. XD

>“K-Kazuma! Kazuma, wait, don’t go! It, it’s not coming out…! What should I do, it’s not coming out…!”

"Go, go Darkness—— Go, go Darkness—— You can do it, Darkness——”

Best lines from the entire chapter. :P

Megumin shouldn't confess before Eris or Iris although ik that will happen
Jul 16, 2016 7:01 AM
Dec 2014
Didn't megumin confess already?
She confessed like 5 times and kazuma ignored it or simply thought she was provoking him.

Who will he choose? Darkness or megumin?
I think any other character doesn't have a chance.
Maybe aqua will have her own volume for her character development, but people won't like it.

This is maybe the first story I read where the MC falls for 2 "semi-heroine" characters
Jul 16, 2016 11:49 PM

Sep 2011
zaidk said:
She confessed like 5 times and kazuma ignored it or simply thought she was provoking him.

She's not being direct.
Jul 16, 2016 11:54 PM
Dec 2014
GitahMuttan said:
zaidk said:

She's not being direct.

Well, she said "the one I love doesn't do this" in volume 7
And proudly talked about her relationship with kazuma to yunyun...she said they became lovers I think.

I don't think she wasn't being direct, I think kazuma is being a coward to act...or waiting the "route split"
Jul 17, 2016 2:58 AM

Sep 2011
zaidk said:

Well, she said "the one I love doesn't do this" in volume 7

She's just hinting that she likes him by saying that "the person I've come to like doesn't do this" or something close to that. She is not being direct. She is just hinting it. What Kazuma wants is a direct confession of love.

zaidk said:

And proudly talked about her relationship with kazuma to yunyun...she said they became lovers I think.

She's just teasing her classmates, Yunyun included.
Jul 21, 2016 3:34 AM

Sep 2011
Chapter 2 is up!

Seems like we're going to the capital. Poor Yunyun... I'll play with her anytime.
Jul 21, 2016 7:41 AM
Aug 2012
bobzanny said:

And we won't be able to read the fanfic of it, tis a cruel world indeed.

Someone else will pick up the fanfic, probably.
Jul 22, 2016 11:07 PM

Jan 2016
someone got the illustration for volume 9?
Jul 23, 2016 3:59 AM
Jul 2018
Hmm anyone caught aqua saying she was truly grateful to Kazuma, etc but the bell didn't ring? Pretty interesting. That kahuna pose showing off to megumin was hilarious as lol.
Jul 23, 2016 7:17 AM

Jun 2015
Hmmmm... i'm really hope that this ship will go.. it's all depended of Kazuma, he even almost confess to Megumin at vol 8, and realize that their relationship has gone good at vol 7 last to vol 9. And it's only my pr3dicition, but it's will have a quite battle between Iris and Megumin... just my predicition though.,

Jul 29, 2016 6:45 AM
Dec 2014
KouMazoku_sensei said:
Hmmmm... i'm really hope that this ship will go.. it's all depended of Kazuma, he even almost confess to Megumin at vol 8, and realize that their relationship has gone good at vol 7 last to vol 9. And it's only my pr3dicition, but it's will have a quite battle between Iris and Megumin... just my predicition though.,

The art got alot better in this volume...I wonder why
Aug 11, 2016 5:57 AM

Feb 2013
zaidk said:
KouMazoku_sensei said:

Money of course, they got lot of it from publishing,yen press,merchandise, anime, lot of hype. But in return of that, the result is quite good.
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon."
Aug 11, 2016 5:59 AM

Feb 2013
I absentmindedly asked:
“Wolbach-san, how is the water temperature?”
The moment I called it Wolbach, one of its ears moved a diny bit.
……….
Just a coincidence?
Or did that mean that Chomusuke was going to transform into a human shape?
If we raise this cat, will it eventually become that onee-san?
“…Naw, it couldn’t be.”
I submerged my shoulders into the water, and gazed at Chomusuke who comfortably lay in the bath.
“…Hm? By the way, you haven’t grown at all in the last couple months, but I can’t help but feel that you look a little bigger now…”

that literally leave me hanging for volume 10
"Watch your back, shoot straight, conserve ammo, and never, EVER cut a deal with a dragon."
Aug 11, 2016 6:00 AM

Feb 2013
Anyway, Kazuma still had no real result, always held back at bloody crucial times. Kazuma...
Aug 11, 2016 9:25 AM

Sep 2013
All of that Megumin love! Gifting this world with a wonderful feeling!
Aug 11, 2016 1:59 PM
Dec 2014
benriya said:
zaidk said:

Money of course, they got lot of it from publishing,yen press,merchandise, anime, lot of hype. But in return of that, the result is quite good.

The anime is bad compared to the LN
The characters looks alot like cartoon stupids...
Deen didn't give any budget to konosuba, instead they made a high quality animation with sakamoto!
Deen doesn't know what it's doing.
I wish deen raises the quality of season 2...
Well since season 1 only adapted 2 volumes then the second season won't even reach the romance scenes
Aug 12, 2016 1:14 PM

Sep 2011
the ship is sailing(?)
Aug 13, 2016 9:04 AM
Dec 2014
benriya said:
I absentmindedly asked:
……….
Just a coincidence?
“…Naw, it couldn’t be.”
I submerged my shoulders into the water, and gazed at Chomusuke who comfortably lay in the bath.
“…Hm? By the way, you haven’t grown at all in the last couple months, but I can’t help but feel that you look a little bigger now…”

New grill going to appear?
Aug 13, 2016 9:06 AM

Feb 2013
zaidk said:
benriya said:
I absentmindedly asked:
……….
Just a coincidence?
“…Naw, it couldn’t be.”

New grill going to appear?

Aug 13, 2016 9:20 AM
Dec 2014
I'm waiting until the whole chapters are translated

I want to see kazuma die more XD
No need for action, because I can see that this volume will center on romance, and that's an amazing thing...go go megumin!
Aug 17, 2016 9:41 AM

Feb 2013

Iris route next volume...
Aug 17, 2016 2:11 PM
Jul 2018
Personally my least favorite volume. The comedy was seriously lacking this time, which i didn't like although it focused more on characters and romance. Heard fanfic is continuing which is good.
Aug 18, 2016 1:23 AM

Feb 2013
Near_21 said:
Personally my least favorite volume. The comedy was seriously lacking this time, which i didn't like although it focused more on characters and romance. Heard fanfic is continuing which is good.

i read it , that it would only for gifting explosion only, not volume 10, is it true?
Aug 19, 2016 5:23 AM
Oct 2014
Wow, Megumim basically confessed to Kazuma in the closing chapters. And Kazuma.... flopped the response in a hilarious manner, making it open ended, after the inevitable interruption of course. Actually, I think Megumim is the first person Kazuma has confided a good part of his past in (minus how the betrayal of his childhood friend for a Delinquent crushed him), which, in by book cements her as one of the front runners.

Of course, I anticipate that soon, more of the group will confess, since Megumim has fired the first major shot in the Kazumabowl.
Aug 19, 2016 7:27 PM
Aug 2012
benriya said:
Near_21 said:

i read it , that it would only for gifting explosion only, not volume 10, is it true?

He said he'd continue the main series.
Aug 19, 2016 9:01 PM

Feb 2013
Tropicalwood said:
benriya said:

He said he'd continue the main series.

great, now i can wait with bit hope here.
Aug 20, 2016 8:55 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Best volume or best volume? Seriously though, dat development hnnggg what is this, a harem which actually ignores the "first girl always wins" rule and actually lets the best girl win? KonoSuba is so meta on so many levels :3
Sep 23, 2016 5:56 AM
Dec 2014
best volume!!!

megumin is going to grow long hair!!!!!!

i want to see megumin with long hair!

rem and megumin long hair....heavens :3

this is now my number 1 novel...and this is number 1 volume for me!
Oct 15, 2016 3:53 AM

Jan 2015
Hopefully Chapter 13 appointed in S2 or Ova

Oct 22, 2016 1:36 PM
Oct 2016
I'm quite intrigued with the megumin-kazuma story and the thing with Wolbach but what intrigues me the most was the fairy tale thing. are we getting nearer to the conclusion now? hope not coz I still want to read their daily dumb playful conversations
Oct 23, 2016 6:25 AM
Mar 2016
HaXXspetten said:
Best volume or best volume? Seriously though, dat development hnnggg what is this, a harem which actually ignores the "first girl always wins" rule and actually lets the best girl win? KonoSuba is so meta on so many levels :3

I want Kazuma end with Megumin, their chemistry was great.

But it's kinda sad too, because in many case, if one girl say "i love you" early than other girl, they wouldn't become a couple. Megumin fear me with this.
Nov 8, 2016 5:38 PM

Nov 2011
Kek, volume 9 was such a tease.
Mar 24, 2017 10:34 PM

Dec 2013
Explosion ship is actually setting sail? I'm pretty happy with this :)

Love Megumin blowing up the enemy.
Aug 31, 2017 7:05 PM

Aug 2012
Kazuma being Kazuma. I really want to see this being adapted on anime especially the "stroking hair part".
Jun 12, 2020 4:59 PM

Jul 2010
just marry already
Mar 2, 2021 6:48 AM

Jul 2017
Megumin confession eh. Surprised a confession happened early in the story but at the same time, the story definitely built up enough for this moment to happen. Megumin in the past few volumes is a lot more toned down except moments where she goes back to her old eccentric self, and a bit more heartwarming towards Kazuma and wanting to spend time with him while enjoying his company in general due to how real he is with everyone, including her. I haven't been a fan of Megumin, Aqua nor Darkness for a lot of the story so far but I definitely enjoyed the less wacky, more calmer side to her where she was in love with Kazuma. Fair play. Plus, some actual fun stuff happened in this volume too with Kazuma and Darkness trapped in the closet while Darkness was Binded so this was a solid volume I have to admit. The story in general is still too much of a gimmick to actually care for it, but at least I had a fairly decent time reading this particular volume nonetheless.
Apr 7, 2021 7:23 AM

Jan 2017
I really liked Wolbach since she first appeared in vol 2 of the spinoff, hopefully she's not truly dead. She probably fused with Chomsuke before getting killed, that'll be interesting to see

Oh my god the Explosion ship is really hitting the 6th gear, LESGO
Apr 24, 2023 10:13 PM
Mar 2021
This is the best volume by far! (excl. the volumes after it)
It has everything you'd like, the dynamic humor, the adventures, and the progression of the story.

More than half of the demon generals have been subjugated while we come to realize the hooded woman that taught Megumin explosion magic was none other than Wolbach.

Although this volume focused more on the character development, and it was definitely a treat to read.

tbf I was expecting a harem ending from the ways things were going, Megumin's confession and description for Kazuma was really heartwarming to read.
(I wonder how darkness will deal with this...)

Seems like the next volume will be focusing on Iris. I'm hoping the story differs from the Darkness marriage arc that we've read previously. Wouldn't want to read the same thing twice.

More topics from this board

» After finishing the movie, where should I start?

Argo949 - Apr 20, 2023

3 by Otakupervert890 »»
Apr 21, 9:50 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Volume 17 Discussion

NaughtySempai - Sep 25, 2022

6 by NaughtySempai »»
Apr 19, 3:31 AM

» Luna's cup size

L0101 - May 1, 2021

3 by TitanInsane »»
Jul 23, 2023 8:52 AM

» news on the sequel?

10nzin - May 29, 2023

2 by Polvo_Aranha »»
May 29, 2023 6:34 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! Volume 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 9, 2016

23 by dadroo »»
Apr 30, 2023 12:47 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.