Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jan 24, 2010 4:51 PM

Jan 2010
toratiger said:
That gangsta wannabe is just too funny haha, with all those gangster hand gestures, ball grabbing and finger twitching. That shit makse me laugh so hard when I see people do it in real life.

That dude is way too realistic, I mean, he is just identical to the man who robbed my cellphone last month.
Jan 24, 2010 5:48 PM

Aug 2008
I couldn't be having more fun watching this series! That beat down of those loser gang members might have been the funniest moment of the season so far!

Jan 24, 2010 8:42 PM

Apr 2009
This episode had me in stitches! I can't decide whether my favorite scene is when Izaya stomps on the phone while cackling like a madman or when Shizuo punches the guy so hard he flies out of his clothes. They were both pretty awesome scenes. And Simon is pretty awesome himself. XD

And lol at ALL the references. That's just one of the many cool things about this anime. :) But WTF is up with that teacher guy? Creepy... O_o

Interesting to see how Mikado/Anri will develop. :)
Jan 24, 2010 9:58 PM

Apr 2008
I ended up rewatching this episode 7 times @_@
Jan 24, 2010 10:03 PM

Jan 2009
Comanechi said:
toratiger said:
That gangsta wannabe is just too funny haha, with all those gangster hand gestures, ball grabbing and finger twitching. That shit makse me laugh so hard when I see people do it in real life.
That dude is way too realistic, I mean, he is just identical to the man who robbed my cellphone last month.
I haven't seen anyone like that : < And to be honest, I'd like to see one sometime : /
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 25, 2010 4:01 AM
Oct 2009
Pure Gold xD nice Opening and bloody nice episode. hope they can keep it up with the spectacular episodes :P

^^
Jan 25, 2010 4:02 AM
Oct 2009
Oosran said:
garfield15 said:
Kingwel said:
"Watshi wa shinen! Shineeeeeeeezooo"
"STRIPPER PUUUUUNCH!!"
CAPTAIN SHIZUOOOOO!
Shizu-chan~
Shizzy.. :D
Jan 25, 2010 6:39 AM

Jun 2009
Well... Orihara is perfect, he remains me of Vino.
Durarara is exactly what I excepted from Brains-Base;]
<center>"Hey, Gilbert, can you hear the poem of wind and trees"

</center>
Jan 25, 2010 6:40 AM

May 2009
Totally loved it!
Maryberry said:
Great episode.

Spotted a Baccano! and CENCOROLL poster, a picture of Maiza and Csezlaw, something I can't make out but looks like Ennis, Lua and Ladd, and Enma Ai. Ah, and volume 1 of Yozakura Quartet. I might've missed something else.

I found it too.

FlottiganJan 25, 2010 6:44 AM
Jan 25, 2010 6:46 AM

Jan 2009
Oosran said:
Comanechi said:
toratiger said:
I haven't seen anyone like that : < And to be honest, I'd like to see one sometime : /

Hum, no one actually behaves like that... and since when was 'finger twitching' considered a gangster hand-gesture? It was just overly exaggerated for comical purposes. The crotch-grab was the only realistic one. And that kind of behavior is reserved for low-lives baddies... like one of those mall rat drug dealers. The people who truly have something to hide would not be behaving so flamboyantly. Right?

And yes, I love this show. Best so far this year.
Jan 25, 2010 7:03 AM

Jan 2009
Oh yeah! The person voicing for the bartender is the same guy that voiced Mugen from Samurai Champloo... awesome!!

And I love how violence and paranormal events are portrayed so nonchalantly within a real setting. Is Ikebukuro such an evenful place?
Jan 25, 2010 8:27 AM

Mar 2008
Shizuo and the stripping punch... what more can I ask for after this?!

OnoD should have started voicing badass characters a long time ago, damn it.
Jan 25, 2010 11:02 AM

Jun 2008
Natsuko said:

Same..
Jan 25, 2010 1:22 PM

Oct 2007
Mimiko said:
Natsuko said:

Same..

LOL me too!!!

I LOVED this episode!!!! Durarara is amazing! Best anime I picked up this season! ;D

Izaya and Shizzy are my faves of course. That wannabe gangsta was hilarious. I saw someone just like him in the mall the day after I watched the episode and I just cracked up laughing. XD
Jan 25, 2010 1:23 PM

Jan 2009
mangafan11 said:
Mimiko said:
Natsuko said:
Same..
LOL me too!!!
So all three of you watched the episode 7 times? O.o
That's pretty amazing, ain't it? xD
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jan 25, 2010 1:26 PM

Oct 2007
Oosran said:
mangafan11 said:
Mimiko said:
Natsuko said:
Same..
LOL me too!!!

Durarara is cool like that ;)
Jan 25, 2010 3:10 PM

Aug 2008
How anime incredible!
Jan 25, 2010 6:30 PM
Nov 2009
Zubatuba said:
Hum, no one actually behaves like that... and since when was 'finger twitching' considered a gangster hand-gesture?

There are alot of people who behave like that, you can find alot of them on MTV lol. And dumb high school gangsta wannabe kids trying to stand out. I can't help but lawl when I see it in real life.
Zubatuba said:
It was just overly exaggerated for comical purposes.

O RLY
Zubatuba said:
And that kind of behavior is reserved for low-lives baddies... like one of those mall rat drug dealers. The people who truly have something to hide would not be behaving so flamboyantly. Right?

I guess it's the hiphop style of communicating with others, but some morons take it to another level, that's when it becomes stupid and hilarious.
Jan 26, 2010 1:29 AM

Jan 2008
not sure what is going on, but i love it. the "typical gangster" guy was also hilarious. this show has the perfect amount of crazy and tame things going on. i pray it stays good.
Jan 26, 2010 6:03 AM

Apr 2009
Zubatuba said:
Oh yeah! The person voicing for the bartender is the same guy that voiced Mugen from Samurai Champloo... awesome!!

and the same voice as Date from Sengoku Basara and Zoro from OnePiece.
fucking awesome voice actor
Jan 26, 2010 6:04 AM

Jun 2008
mangafan11 said:
Oosran said:
mangafan11 said:
Mimiko said:
Natsuko said:
Same..
LOL me too!!!

Durarara is cool like that ;)

Haha.. yupz.! I just love the craziness in this episode it crack me up and all the main character appearers so I'm happy with this episode. I think I've watched over 10 times of Izaya gotten hit by that trash can xD
Though I also liked the feeling of the change like Mikado tried cause that hits me <.<
Jan 26, 2010 6:47 AM
Jan 2009
smokes said:
Zubatuba said:

and the same voice as Date from Sengoku Basara and Zoro from OnePiece.
fucking awesome voice actor

What are you two talking about?

If by Bartender, you mean Shizuo, then NO! Shizuo and Mugen don't have the same Seiyuu. Totally different people.

Ono, Daisuke: Michaelis, Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji), Ushiromiya, Battler (Umineko...) and other roles. http://myanimelist.net/people/212/Daisuke_Ono

Nakai, Kazuya: Mugen (Samurai Champloo), Zoro (One Piece), Toshiro (Gintama) and other roles. http://myanimelist.net/people/123/Kazuya_Nakai

Also, if you check Nakai's page, you wouldn't find a voice acting role for Durarara!!
Jan 26, 2010 8:33 AM

Apr 2009
^meh, it seems that @Zubatuba was mistaken -_-
anyway both voice actors are great X)
Jan 26, 2010 9:14 AM

Apr 2008
I kinda get the feeling that Izaya is a member of dollars... @@~
Jan 26, 2010 4:58 PM

Aug 2009
This show is crazy and just flat out sick. I was wondering if there were going to be any gang fights soon :) Definitely my top priority show of the season.
Jan 27, 2010 12:19 AM

Oct 2009
So again 9 pages later because I did not have time to post but I did read all of you. Looks like all of you are crazy about Izaya's knife wielding and Shizuo's crazy brute strengh from Hercules himself....well it's true that he can lift up a vending machine=>
but he is only mad at Izaya for accusing him of the crime that most likely Izaya is responsible also.....hmmm interesting rivalry but from the looks of it both know the headless rider. Simon sudden appearance was the best surprise so far and his fight stance was interesting also but mostly how he grabbed the Shizuo's punch=>
although he still got beaten up=>
. I have to also say that Simon is one of my favorites easily because his accent is interesting but also he has a kindness like helping those two girls that speak Russian. Anri is also interesting and shame on you all.....their love should be more mentioned!=>
I find it cute and great! I really want to see where that will go....Also Seiji's love with that girl is interesting=>
Hiroshi is a laughing stock and those girls look like whores=>
Shizuo's punch sure knock out people's clothing=>
So Mikado wants to change but change is not in the city it's supposed to be what you make it and Anri is that person I would think that will change him. Now it's GIF time Izaya and Hiroshi laughing at!

Kida trying to pick up some girls is failure!=>
For some strange reason it made me think Crypts VS Bloods...anyone else?=>
Overall Mikado x Anri.... :D
Flottigan said:
Totally loved it!
Maryberry said:
Great episode.

Spotted a Baccano! and CENCOROLL poster, a picture of Maiza and Csezlaw, something I can't make out but looks like Ennis, Lua and Ladd, and Enma Ai. Ah, and volume 1 of Yozakura Quartet. I might've missed something else.

I found it too.

I don't see how it can be a reference to it.....
Oosran said:
mangafan11 said:
Mimiko said:
Natsuko said:
Same..
LOL me too!!!
I don't have time to do that but it would be fun to see this again in BD to see how more epic it can get.
Oosran said:
DarcyD said:
I'm not sure who's more badass, Izaya or Shizuo!
Simon of course : D
All wrong! Celty will be the best badass and she is a girl on top of that!
kiieru said:
Scr1be said:
Jure said:
I found some gifs on 4chan so I thought I might share.

LOL ....is he playing pocket pool or what? Pretty awesome ep. Had me ROLF for most of the second half

Seriously? WTF is up with this guy?
...this is why I like this show...
One word: abnormal!
Flottigan said:
Totally loved it!
Maryberry said:
Great episode.

I found it too.

I don't see how it can be a reference to it.....
Oosran said:
mangafan11 said:
Mimiko said:
Natsuko said:
Same..
LOL me too!!!
I don't have time to do that but it would be fun to see this again in BD to see how more epic it can get.
Oosran said:
DarcyD said:
I'm not sure who's more badass, Izaya or Shizuo!
Simon of course : D
All wrong! Celty will be the best badass and she is a girl on top of that!
kiieru said:
Scr1be said:
Jure said:
I found some gifs on 4chan so I thought I might share.

LOL ....is he playing pocket pool or what? Pretty awesome ep. Had me ROLF for most of the second half

Seriously? WTF is up with this guy?
...this is why I like this show...
One word: abnormal!
seishi-sama said:
desolato said:
TAB said:
Funny how that guy in the right was jacking off.

I wonder who he was eyeing at..
or rather 'what'

This of course. Oh lovely, lovely Anri-chan~ <3
Yeah that's what I though since Anri has the biggest ones anyways.
francismeunierJan 27, 2010 12:25 AM

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 27, 2010 2:43 AM

Dec 2008
hi francis you're here too ; )

I can't memorise all the names so far but this ep was so cool.

Hiroshi is a funny guy but he helped Sonohara so im sure he has his good points
His way of helping was a bit strange though XD
Shizuo was very gar ,its so cool when he throws big things

Mikado and Sonohara's escape relay was funny to watch
it seemed like Mikado has a one sided crush on Sonohara
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 27, 2010 4:41 AM

Apr 2009
i'm interested does anyone reads the @francismeunier comments ? =))))
too much words lol
Jan 27, 2010 5:11 AM

May 2008
Great ep, great series.

Anyone know or can make out what this says on Izaya's mobile?

I'm pretty sure there's something interesting on it.. perhaps it matches the IM or forum posts or whatever just before that scene? He's posting IM msg's from his phone?
Jan 27, 2010 6:51 AM

Jul 2009
ex0 said:
Great ep, great series.

I'm pretty sure there's something interesting on it.. perhaps it matches the IM or forum posts or whatever just before that scene? He's posting IM msg's from his phone?

Jan 27, 2010 6:54 AM

Jan 2009
Kagura89 said:
ex0 said:
Great ep, great series.

Which in short terms means that
More or less.
Jan 27, 2010 7:14 AM

Oct 2009
Kagura89 said:
ex0 said:
Great ep, great series.

That is amazing! Thanks for all that translation. So the mother is Hitomi...nice name. Higashi-Matsuyama City, Saitama Prefecture, Minamino (?) City Block 2-6-16 Does this really exist in the Ikebukuro? Father's income looks a lot.....then again he is a director.

Jan 27, 2010 7:15 AM

Jul 2009
One thing I'm curious about is how/why Mikado's name is strange. Also if there's a particular manga character or air con that sounds like his name.

Does anyone know?

Edit:
@ francis
It's not that much. It would be aroud 350,000 yen/month which is around US$3,500
Jan 27, 2010 7:16 AM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Kagura89 said:
ex0 said:
Great ep, great series.

Which in short terms means that
More or less.
I disagree with that.....Izaya must have a interest in Mikado.....why did he have one in the first place of Kida is also a good question to know.

Jan 27, 2010 7:51 AM

Aug 2009
smokes said:
too much words lol

Nah, I just kinda just blaze through em all.
Jan 27, 2010 8:49 AM

Dec 2009
alinekax said:
One thing I'm curious about is how/why Mikado's name is strange. Also if there's a particular manga character or air con that sounds like his name.
Does anyone know?

'Mikado' = 'Emperor'
'Ryugamine' = 'Dragon Peaks'

air con
http://www.mitsubishielectric.co.jp/home/kirigamine/
Jan 27, 2010 9:04 AM

Oct 2009
smokes said:
too much words lol
If you skip the spoilers...it's not that long. I just say how I felt during the episode except I tend to explain all of the episode not just a part of it of how I felt. Maybe I should shorten my comments or spoiler them more but some people say they like it that way.....anyways this episode there was a lot to say but some others there aren't. I wish the spoilers got smaller so the button takes less space. Oh well.
alinekax said:

Does anyone know?

Edit:
@ francis
It's not that much. It would be aroud 350,000 yen/month which is around US$3,500
Hey that's quite a nice sum per month.

Jan 27, 2010 9:13 AM

Jul 2009
What I meant is that it's not high enough to someone to think: "omg, he's super rich, there has to be something behind it".
Jan 27, 2010 9:20 AM

Apr 2009
francismeunier said:
If you skip the spoilers...it's not that long. I just say how I felt during the episode except I tend to explain all of the episode not just a part of it of how I felt. Maybe I should shorten my comments or spoiler them more but some people say they like it that way.....anyways this episode there was a lot to say but some others there aren't. I wish the spoilers got smaller so the button takes less space. Oh well.

heh do you actually need to put those images ? =\
i mean wtf we watched the episode now, we know whats it about so we remember everything.
there is no need to put those images like we dont know what the hell you are talking about x)
dont use them
Jan 27, 2010 10:17 AM

Jul 2009
smokes said:
francismeunier said:

heh do you actually need to put those images ? =
i mean wtf we watched the episode now, we know whats it about so we remember everything.
there is no need to put those images like we dont know what the hell you are talking about x)
dont use them

Don't be mean, guys. The guy really wanna be a photographer to put images everywhere and a translator to explain things already said in this thread into proper English for us clueless lambs to understand things ( already said) better, besides his main occupation as a farmer and panties researcher.

All in all, I think francis is a very cool guy, making Ich Bin Ein Berliner walls of text everywhere and ain't afraid of anything~

If he's not with us, he's AGAINST us!!!

Jan 27, 2010 10:51 AM

Aug 2008
I top opinion about Izaya being a stalker. It's just classy one, wanting to know everything about everyone, for any use or just to satisfy his own curiousity. And that (plus my love to knifes) makes him best character in this little crowd of individuals... at least so far ;)
Nice seeing firo and ladd again, even tho only on wall, it brings fine atmosphere.
I must say I'm impressed. I thought the success from baccano! can't be repeated, but here we are, watching imo even more interesting, compelling, and swallowing it's viewers to the midst of shown world, production. This city lives, breaths and wants us to know it better ;)

Edit: Damn it, I'd say cutie white-pink chicks in mini with scars are worth dropping school.
NiklaiJan 27, 2010 10:56 AM
Jan 27, 2010 11:19 AM

Apr 2009
BitchMaster said:

Don't be mean, guys. The guy really wanna be a photographer to put images everywhere and a translator to explain things already said in this thread into proper English for us clueless lambs to understand things ( already said) better, besides his main occupation as a farmer and panties researcher.

i'm not mean lmao) its just a tip..
i doubt there are people that read his posts and thats all x)
Jan 27, 2010 12:17 PM

Apr 2009
Cool VA's. I love the flying trashcans, people and vendingmachines.

IZAYA-KUN.
Jan 27, 2010 12:38 PM

Mar 2008
Jaapsneep said:
IZAYA-KUN.

Best line I've heard in a while <3
Jan 27, 2010 1:40 PM

Nov 2008
BitchMaster said:

All in all, I think francis is a very cool guy, making Ich Bin Ein Berliner walls of text everywhere and ain't afraid of anything~

+1 internets for you good sir.
Jan 27, 2010 1:47 PM

Jan 2009
Maximatum99 said:
BitchMaster said:

Make that +2 internets for the good sir.
Jan 27, 2010 4:14 PM

Feb 2008
after watching this i was like.....sooooooo get to the point already.

the ending song....not liking it.
Jan 27, 2010 4:15 PM

Oct 2009
Oosran said:
Maximatum99 said:
BitchMaster said:

Make that +2 internets for the good sir.
I don't know why people would fuss over some spoilers with personal feelings about the episode.....it's not long just the spoilers make it look like it. Anyways I still think my GIFs are better than the ones I saw people made. Thanking personally Chibuki for all the great teachings!

Jan 27, 2010 7:19 PM

Aug 2009
*lol francis talks. lol the best sarcasm I've ever seen in here

Over doing spoilers + quotes are always annoying, but whatever. I hate scrolling down the page too much.
Jan 27, 2010 7:35 PM

Nov 2008
francismeunier said:
Anyways I still think my GIFs are better than the ones I saw people made.

O RLY? Your avatar contradicts your statement in terms of taste.
Pages (9) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.