Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »
Jun 30, 2016 10:29 PM

Dec 2013
Kanethedragon said:

He knew that the world is a medieval-like fantasy of sorts and that Emilia is a candidate that has the potential to become the ruler of the country, essentially a princess of sorts. Likewise, with royalty comes an order of knights that withhold values and honorary respects for one that would be their ruler. This is where Subaru screwed up when he got turned off by Julius kissing her hand, as would any knight do to one who is or would be their ruler regardless of gender (though it's more common for the male-female relationship than the male-male one). However, he did take some beef with Julius that was rightly so whatwith Julius treating him like crap, though he should've been more formal about addressing his anger with Julius and being more forthcoming so that Julius could act more appropriately as of his station as a knight, whilst Subaru also keeping in mind of his own station in relation to Emilia as well.

In my opinion, this is what I believe the author was trying to get at with these recent episodes. Subaru lost himself, his place, taking more than he could chew on his own and getting appropriately reprieved because of it. Ultimately this will result in returning Subaru to the reality of his situation and learning how to adjust himself appropriately to this new world that he's in. He's not Emilia's knight, nor is he her attendant. He's just a friend, a confidant, and that's something that has more stock to it than a simple position given to him as a result of his profession. Likewise, he needs to learn about Emilia's opponents and their vassals since he's aligned with her that way they all have a mutual understanding of where they all stand. Julius went out of his position to try to throw Subaru out of the wrung, and Subaru likewise. Reinhardt, Al, and Felis on the other hand are the ones with the level head, though I feel like they could have tried harder to calm the situation down and have the two learn more about each other. Anyways, I went on a bit of a tangent with this, sorry, but this is what I feel that the writing is going to take or should take. I'm trying to keep an optimistic mind here btw and view things for what the whole is worth rather than the singular parts.

Pray do tell how Julius treated him like crap? I seem to be watching a different anime than you are.
He was the very soul of courtesy. All I see is Subaru's actions offending him first and Julius calling him out on his pointless, uninformed and utterly rude bullshit.
HESTIAAPPROVES
Jun 30, 2016 11:11 PM

Jul 2008
This episode is just pure idiotic of Subaru, I get why he said that in the hall but he will never achieve anything with his current attitude. If anything, every important matter he attends to will end up being worst. I'm actually having an impossible time trying to side with this guy...

This episode literally drag out the drama above the threshold and I thought for sure Subaru would have committed suicide at the end to save himself from this shame. BUT even if he did kill himself, it would make him all the more pathetic and cowardly because in a way, he can fix all his flaws from the previous timeline and continue to be fake in front of his friends. I hope when Subaru dies again, he will not be reset way back before all this drama even happen because he deserve to have all this thrown at him and be remembered by everyone.
Jul 1, 2016 12:39 AM

Jan 2011
ShanaFlame said:
I hope when Subaru dies again, he will not be reset way back before all this drama even happen because he deserve to have all this thrown at him and be remembered by everyone.

I may be forced to drop it if he resets to a point before his big ass mouth opened.
Jul 1, 2016 12:53 AM

Oct 2015
the series is taking a downward spiral because i thought subaru will use return by death more. it is starting to suck on my part.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Jul 1, 2016 1:03 AM
Jun 2015
A lot of people think he deserved being beat up, I don't think he deserved it because he died multiple times anybody else would have gone crazy a long time ago. Sure he was stupid in this episode but he definitely did not deserve it.
Jul 1, 2016 1:33 AM

Jan 2011
Codesteins said:
A lot of people think he deserved being beat up, I don't think he deserved it because he died multiple times anybody else would have gone crazy a long time ago. Sure he was stupid in this episode but he definitely did not deserve it.
We can say a lot of characters in fiction or real people did not deserve their fates because they went through "X" beforehand. On one hand we can excuse his behavior and say he wasn't in his right mind and on the other we can see many other MCs doing the same shit, regardless of the "whatever by death power."
Jul 1, 2016 1:48 AM

Jun 2015
While he has had terrifying things happen to him nonstop, he really should've thought a bit further. Coming to her "aid" was his first mistake, and it just went rapidly downhill after that. It was good, though, that he was forced to blurt everything out to her and face huge embarrassment. Either he learns from this, or goes even more batshit insane.

The council of wise men seems like a group of dicks, though.
uh oh!
Jul 1, 2016 8:43 AM

Jun 2016
Wow, Subaru got his ass handed to him in so many ways this episode. Now I'm just wondering when he'll die and what the save-point will be. :P
Jul 1, 2016 11:00 AM

Jan 2013
L-Ryoshi said:
Pray do tell how Julius treated him like crap? I seem to be watching a different anime than you are.
He was the very soul of courtesy. All I see is Subaru's actions offending him first and Julius calling him out on his pointless, uninformed and utterly rude bullshit.

Julius was a little bit arrogant, but Subaru was all aspects worse. Subaru is selfish, petty and not too bright stalker, thinking of other people as NPC's, is constantly rude to people above his status, status he asked for because in his sheer stupidity didn't understand what it means. It was Subaru who offended Julius (and actually, bunch of other powerful people) and it was Subaru who started the fight
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.
Jul 1, 2016 11:07 AM
Jul 2018
beast_regards said:
L-Ryoshi said:

Julius was a little bit arrogant, but Subaru was all aspects worse. Subaru is selfish, petty and not too bright stalker, thinking of other people as NPC's, is constantly rude to people above his status, status he asked for because in his sheer stupidity didn't understand what it means. It was Subaru who offended Julius (and actually, bunch of other powerful people) and it was Subaru who started the fight

In our view, Julius might've appeared arrogant. But he had no 'exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.' When Julius disagreed with what Subaru said, he was also representing every other knight present there. He wasn't doing it for himself only. ... And it was for everyone's sake. He was correcting a wrong, that could lead to unwanted consequences.
Jul 1, 2016 4:14 PM
Apr 2014
Subaru didn't really deserve to be humiliated when all the other characters behaved and shouted like morons too. Think about it, the only reason that Subaru had to face consequences for his actions was because his status is lower than those around him.
I think that what Subaru did was stupid but to be honest this whole royal selection thing was handled so stupidly, especially in episode 12 but in 13 too, that Subaru was the last person to deserve to be humiliated not the first.
Jul 1, 2016 5:39 PM
Feb 2016
ShanaFlame said:
This episode is just pure idiotic of Subaru, I get why he said that in the hall but he will never achieve anything with his current attitude. If anything, every important matter he attends to will end up being worst. I'm actually having an impossible time trying to side with this guy...

This episode literally drag out the drama above the threshold and I thought for sure Subaru would have committed suicide at the end to save himself from this shame. BUT even if he did kill himself, it would make him all the more pathetic and cowardly because in a way, he can fix all his flaws from the previous timeline and continue to be fake in front of his friends. I hope when Subaru dies again, he will not be reset way back before all this drama even happen because he deserve to have all this thrown at him and be remembered by everyone.

You've said it all! Damn, he's just way too much... she asks one or two things of him and he isn't even able to handle those due to some misguided belief (like she would leave him behind because of the royal selection), it's just that his actions are so shallow that he fails to understand that hers weren't shallow at all... My fingers are tingling to drop this...

Sincerely, how can you hate Emilia after watching it? The guy (almost) literally spits in her face, he makes two simple promises to her and then proceeds to break both of them in the worst way possible... first he fucking acts like a spoiled little shit and shouts all kinds of shit, insults the knights because of his unfounded jealousy and then goes and uses magic... Then he demands that she should be grateful to him because of her debt with him (which he always said so vigorously, if I may add, was non-existent)
tarrasqJul 1, 2016 5:50 PM
Jul 1, 2016 5:53 PM
Feb 2016
iRels said:
beast_regards said:

In our view, Julius might've appeared arrogant. But he had no 'exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.' When Julius disagreed with what Subaru said, he was also representing every other knight present there. He wasn't doing it for himself only. ... And it was for everyone's sake. He was correcting a wrong, that could lead to unwanted consequences.

If I could upvote or like your comment, I would've... You've said it all, Subaru is too immature
Jul 1, 2016 7:06 PM

Aug 2015
tarrasq said:
ShanaFlame said:

You've said it all! Damn, he's just way too much... she asks one or two things of him and he isn't even able to handle those due to some misguided belief (like she would leave him behind because of the royal selection), it's just that his actions are so shallow that he fails to understand that hers weren't shallow at all... My fingers are tingling to drop this...

Sincerely, how can you hate Emilia after watching it? The guy (almost) literally spits in her face, he makes two simple promises to her and then proceeds to break both of them in the worst way possible... first he fucking acts like a spoiled little shit and shouts all kinds of shit, insults the knights because of his unfounded jealousy and then goes and uses magic... Then he demands that she should be grateful to him because of her debt with him (which he always said so vigorously, if I may add, was non-existent)

You're a good little pet, aren't you? And if you let people bully the person you care about and let her wallow in self-hatred then you surely are one of the worst beings on this planet.
"Vaut mieux se suffire à soi que finir assoiffé dans le monde des apparences."

Jul 1, 2016 7:43 PM
Jul 2012
Subaru was way too facepalm in this episode. The author seemed to force a behavior that will lead him to suicide to reset that day, definitely didn't feel like a genuine act of screwup.
Jul 1, 2016 8:13 PM
Jan 2014
I sympathized with Subaru on arc 1 and 2, but this arc he's been too stupid to live. Did he not learn any lesson from dying so many times?
Jul 1, 2016 8:29 PM
Feb 2016
Tony_SansNom said:
tarrasq said:

You're a good little pet, aren't you? And if you let people bully the person you care about and let her wallow in self-hatred then you surely are one of the worst beings on this planet.

I'm sorry but when you aknowledge someone you care about as an equally strong person and they say "I can handle this", would you still butt in? Because she showed she could handle the "bullying" (as you call it), as she have had... That view of your, which is shared by SUbaru, is that of someone who believes to be superior to the person they care about... If the person starts to falter and becomes filled with self-hatred, that's when you support them... Subaru had no noble ideals, it's as Emilia said, he was doing all of that for his own jealous/possessive/condescending agenda... Sure, I understand that the fact that he is unable to share his deaths must be tough and overwhelming, but she showed great sympathy when she let him cry on her lap and heard his complaints, so why not try something simmilar to that?
Jul 2, 2016 2:01 AM

Aug 2012
Just when I thought I might finally start to like Subaru, he goes back to being an idiot. *sigh*
.................................................................................
Jul 2, 2016 2:48 AM
Jul 2016
Worst episode due to lazyness of writers who decided they wanted some cheap and fast drama.

Subaru just goes crazy for no reason, spits in face of his "one and true love", gets in fight with knights for no reason, and in the end still believes he is a good boy here and everybody is just mean for no reason.

If authors wanted some actual drama they had many other options that would not be as retarded.
Instead all we get is cringe.
Jul 2, 2016 3:46 AM

Aug 2015
Andrei_Zhuk said:
Worst episode due to lazyness of writers who decided they wanted some cheap and fast drama.

Subaru just goes crazy for no reason, spits in face of his "one and true love", gets in fight with knights for no reason, and in the end still believes he is a good boy here and everybody is just mean for no reason.

If authors wanted some actual drama they had many other options that would not be as retarded.

Episodes 12-13 are rushed like crazy in order to put the most out of arc 3 in this season as possible. While it is pretty important wall of text, fact remains that it's a wall of text and it fits more a book than an anime. The only thing is they cut something important but they'll probably include it/rearrange it somewhow...I hope.

tarrasq said:
Tony_SansNom said:

I'm sorry but when you aknowledge someone you care about as an equally strong person and they say "I can handle this", would you still butt in? Because she showed she could handle the "bullying" (as you call it), as she have had... That view of your, which is shared by SUbaru, is that of someone who believes to be superior to the person they care about... If the person starts to falter and becomes filled with self-hatred, that's when you support them... Subaru had no noble ideals, it's as Emilia said, he was doing all of that for his own jealous/possessive/condescending agenda... Sure, I understand that the fact that he is unable to share his deaths must be tough and overwhelming, but she showed great sympathy when she let him cry on her lap and heard his complaints, so why not try something simmilar to that?

This and that are totally different things. Subaru is a pansy compared to Emillia, Puck or Roswaal and the twins when it comes to power/strength. It doesn't mean they don't need him, because, heck, they'd have died plenty of times were it not for him and his meddlesome personality.

Just because you acknowledge someone as capable and strong doesn't mean nothing will happen, and if something DOES happen you have to know the details about it --> if not only to try and warn them, if not possible, prevent it one way or another. Your judgement is clouded because it makes you think Subaru is a stalker when, really, he isn't one.

Yes, I would still butt in. Because when you love someone, you do what's necessary for their well being even if they don't agree with it. This, is what we call love, friendship and fraternity. Just because you love, respect and honor a being doesn't mean you have to accept and shut up about everything, letting them being wrong and doing bad stuff, to themselves, or to others. This is what a relationship is all about. A relationship isn't such bland a thing you'd just ignore what others do. You get involved with them. If you can't do that, then stay in the corner alone there.

Your logic only makes sense from Emilia's perspective and you keep denying what you saw --the rest of it-- from Subaru's or a viewer's perspective. It's almost like you take it personally.

No, Emillia doesn't deal with the bullying (yes it is bullying, even more so, it's harassement and infringement to our real world human's rights). She ALLOWS the bullying. Because she hates HERSELF for being that being that look like Satella, that might as well be her all along. She has a beaten wife syndrome, where she'll excuse everything offense that is done towards her. I am happy (proud, even) that Subaru shut the freaking old geezer up. That guy went way too far.

As for the Subaru against Julius and the knights... I never said he was right. In the contrary, I was laughing at his being beat up. But that's it. It's part of his devellopement. Without this, he wouldn't come to a realisation.

Jul 2, 2016 4:09 AM
Mar 2015
Andrei_Zhuk said:

For no reason? Look, this guy is a lonely shut in who latched onto the first girl who was nice to him. He just went through a bunch of horrible deaths but managed to prevail and be a little heroic. So on one hand he starts to think too highly of himself that Emilia absolutely needs him there and he'll get to save her and look awesome, that's probably fed also by anxiety about something horrible happening so he wants to be there even though he promised her to stay away.

He gets there and is totally out of his element, he's clueless about details of how this society works and he gets backed into a corner and rather than having the sense to realize he should back down his stubbornness leads him to blurt out insulting stuff because someone dared to remind him he's inept and worthless and not worthy of Emilia. To top it all off she refuses to acknowledge him publicly there, so his insecurity as someone who was until recently a shut in with no social connections is drawn out.

Then they have their duel where he knows he'll lose but wants to at least land one hit, but can't even do that. And then Emilia is questioning his motives for his obsession over her and jumping into a situation where he's just going to fuck everything up and breaking his promise. When he tries to tell the truth he's once again prevented by the curse, and between the frustration of that and desperation at seeing his crush slipping away and cutting ties with him, he freaks out and just lashes out with some ugly manipulativeness because he has nothing else to prevent her from giving up on him and leaving him alone again and in an alien world, he's frantically grasping at straws in a panic.

All these reasons are completely understandable given the few things we do know about him and how things have played out for him up to this point.
Jul 2, 2016 4:42 AM

Aug 2012
Avoided this episode for 5 days because of the cringe I experienced in the manga when Subaru introduced himself and later gets wrecked by the real knights. It's even worse in the anime for me.
Jul 2, 2016 5:45 AM

Mar 2016
tht was a strong ep holy shit ....calm the fuck down....tomoya kanki anyone?
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Jul 2, 2016 5:46 AM
Feb 2016
Tony_SansNom said:
Andrei_Zhuk said:

Episodes 12-13 are rushed like crazy in order to put the most out of arc 3 in this season as possible. While it is pretty important wall of text, fact remains that it's a wall of text and it fits more a book than an anime. The only thing is they cut something important but they'll probably include it/rearrange it somewhow...I hope.

tarrasq said:

This and that are totally different things. Subaru is a pansy compared to Emillia, Puck or Roswaal and the twins when it comes to power/strength. It doesn't mean they don't need him, because, heck, they'd have died plenty of times were it not for him and his meddlesome personality.

Just because you acknowledge someone as capable and strong doesn't mean nothing will happen, and if something DOES happen you have to know the details about it --> if not only to try and warn them, if not possible, prevent it one way or another. Your judgement is clouded because it makes you think Subaru is a stalker when, really, he isn't one.

Yes, I would still butt in. Because when you love someone, you do what's necessary for their well being even if they don't agree with it. This, is what we call love, friendship and fraternity. Just because you love, respect and honor a being doesn't mean you have to accept and shut up about everything, letting them being wrong and doing bad stuff, to themselves, or to others. This is what a relationship is all about. A relationship isn't such bland a thing you'd just ignore what others do. You get involved with them. If you can't do that, then stay in the corner alone there.

Your logic only makes sense from Emilia's perspective and you keep denying what you saw --the rest of it-- from Subaru's or a viewer's perspective. It's almost like you take it personally.

No, Emillia doesn't deal with the bullying (yes it is bullying, even more so, it's harassement and infringement to our real world human's rights). She ALLOWS the bullying. Because she hates HERSELF for being that being that look like Satella, that might as well be her all along. She has a beaten wife syndrome, where she'll excuse everything offense that is done towards her. I am happy (proud, even) that Subaru shut the freaking old geezer up. That guy went way too far.

As for the Subaru against Julius and the knights... I never said he was right. In the contrary, I was laughing at his being beat up. But that's it. It's part of his devellopement. Without this, he wouldn't come to a realisation.

When have I ever said he's a stalker? I even said she would never leave him because of the royal selection, it's as clear as day that she treasures him dearly... You know, being meddlesome while causing more trouble to her didn't work at all, as Julius said he would only makes thing worse because she would seem, by association, like an immature person... Yes, she has a stigma about her appearance, but it doesn't mean that anyway of dealing with it is dandy... You said they would've died a bunch of times if it wasn't for him, that may be true, but if you truly love someone and saves them from death, do you expect them to feel indebted because of it? Because Subaru truly does... He just needed to wait for her to come back from the royal selection, ask her if it went well and support her as best he could while keeping his promises to her...

She dealt with the bullying, dealing with something and solving it are two entirely different things... What I meant is that she, despite being hurt, could handle it and she asked him not to go to the castle because she probably knew it would happen, thus being prepared to endure it.

Basically, what I'm saying is that he butted in out of jealousy/possessiveness and not out of love... He always said he didn't want her to feel indebted to him, but deep down he wanted her to? That's just too immature

Your behavior is just as toxic as his... truly, if you're in a relationship with someone and you act as you described I guarantee you that the person will feel suffocated or you'll snap. You are a support to the person you love, you're not supposed to shoulder both of your burdens entirely, or else what happened to Subaru will happen to you...

About him stopping the old council member bad mouthing Emilia, yeah, sure it was good (since he was already there), but it was all downhill from there as Julius pointed out... Emilia felt actually ashamed and disappointed by Subaru's actions, why do you think? I'm not saying you shouldn't defend the person you love, I'm just saying he didn't do that.
Jul 2, 2016 10:16 AM

Aug 2015

I see. Sorry for misunderstanding then.

Jul 2, 2016 1:59 PM

Jul 2014
Finally had time to re-watch the episode. I noticed on really interesting thing :-)

Jul 2, 2016 2:07 PM
Jul 2018
mozgow said:
And finally this one

You know that he could've simply meant to say that he'd suffer injuries from fights.
Jul 2, 2016 2:56 PM

Jul 2014
iRels said:
mozgow said:
And finally this one

You know that he could've simply meant to say that he'd suffer injuries from fights.

Yes, I know that, but it would be too simple for me :-P

I know that I might be overanalizing things, but that means this series makes me do that (something I haven't done in a long time).
Jul 2, 2016 5:11 PM

Aug 2015
I love this show. I really do. But dang, Subaru makes no sense sometimes. He really was a doofus in this episode. (that's saying a lot even with his history haha)

Maybe I'm missing something, or something else is going to happen later to justify all this, but from what I can tell, there was zero reason for Subaru to disobey Emilia by sneaking into the castle. That's like... pretty huge, considering she practically begged him to keep his promise about not trying to go, and what does he do? Goes anyway!
Stupid!

And while there, all he does is makes a scene.
I... I don't know why he's doing this.

I was kind of hoping that the fight with the knights would result in him dying, so that he could go back and learn to just shut up and stay away for this part of the story haha

Really, I don't blame Emilia for anything right now. Why she's giving him any benefit of the doubt just shows how kind she is. But I wouldn't blame her for not being able to trust Subaru about anything in the future.

She really hit the nail on the head, basically how he's acting selfishly, not to try to help her.

Yes, I get it, he's in love with Emilia, and wants to 'help and protect' her, but sometimes you just need to give a girl her space ya know?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I sure look forward to next week, and I'm rooting for the best outcome!
Jul 2, 2016 5:45 PM

Jan 2011
LN3000 said:
I love this show. I really do. But dang, Subaru makes no sense sometimes. He really was a doofus in this episode. (that's saying a lot even with his history haha)

Maybe I'm missing something, or something else is going to happen later to justify all this, but from what I can tell, there was zero reason for Subaru to disobey Emilia by sneaking into the castle. That's like... pretty huge, considering she practically begged him to keep his promise about not trying to go, and what does he do? Goes anyway!
Stupid!

And while there, all he does is makes a scene.
I... I don't know why he's doing this.

I was kind of hoping that the fight with the knights would result in him dying, so that he could go back and learn to just shut up and stay away for this part of the story haha

Really, I don't blame Emilia for anything right now. Why she's giving him any benefit of the doubt just shows how kind she is. But I wouldn't blame her for not being able to trust Subaru about anything in the future.

She really hit the nail on the head, basically how he's acting selfishly, not to try to help her.

Yes, I get it, he's in love with Emilia, and wants to 'help and protect' her, but sometimes you just need to give a girl her space ya know?

Maybe I'm missing something, but I sure look forward to next week, and I'm rooting for the best outcome!

That's more or less the obvious there is imminent danger in the world he's in. Sadly his RBD power has given him first hand perception of how easy it is to lose the one he cares for. And that'll be the excuse we will be riding with through most of his antics.
Jul 2, 2016 6:25 PM

Apr 2009
surprise surprise people crying about the MC and the changes.. im shocked
Jul 2, 2016 6:48 PM

Oct 2008
Another excellent dramatic/emotional episode!
Subaru made it a lot worse for Emilia...
5/5.

Jul 2, 2016 7:09 PM

Apr 2012
I feel like this episode is a lot more intense than it has any right to be. The crap Subaru pulls in this episode made me realize just how out of nowhere his feelings for Emilia are. In fact, at this point it doesn't seem like he legitimately loves her at all, but like he's trying way to hard to make this situation play out like his video games/anime, and all but literally imprinted on Emilia just because she was the first person he got to know when he wound up in this world.

He yelled a lot about debts and owes, and now it feels like that actually is ALL his relationship with Emilia boils down to, a sense of indebtedness.
Jul 2, 2016 8:20 PM

Jun 2013
Damn so much hate on this episode
Jul 2, 2016 10:19 PM

Mar 2014
not gonna lie I didnt have much sympathy for subaru this episode, he made some bad decisions which could have been completely avoided if not for his pride
Jul 2, 2016 11:21 PM

Jul 2013
At the beginning of this series I was surprised by how Subaru was portrayed - I thought he was pretty realistic considering he was a 17 year old boy. But this episode just reminded me why I hate 17 year old boys.

Damn, since the end of the twins arc he's only gotten more annoying and self-centered but at least my fave Felt is finally back. And her speech dissing all the royalty there gave me life.
Jul 2, 2016 11:46 PM

Apr 2014
Damn... poor Suburu.. I feel so bad for him. I almost wish something would have killed him so he could start all this bad luck over Dx. I kept thinking he was going to tell her he loved her but never happened lol.
Jul 3, 2016 4:00 AM

Jan 2013
My opinion on Subaru/Emilia's character development this episode, warning wall of text - it was directed towards someone I was talking with so just copying and pasting.

Jul 3, 2016 8:40 AM

Jan 2010
Wait...when did things between Subaru and Emilia get so rough?
Jul 3, 2016 3:21 PM
Apr 2014
This turn of events was so stupid. And the worst thing of it all is that we probably have to see it over and over again because Subaru is going to die. Somehow. Definitely.

Ok. Problem solved. He just got the death penalty by the knights. I was wondering why he didn't die for two full episodes after the last battle but this seems to be the point after which he returns to the day before this event or maybe even back to the day that cat-guy was in the mansion.

Or not... Instead we get two people shouting at each other. Is he killing himself again? Why is nobody dying D:

On a sidenote: I really want to know more about Roswaal. Everything we see from him makes him look like some crazy-good schemer but I have no idea what his motives are. And that knight, Julius, seems to had some motives for his actions with Subaru, too. At least that final scene with the cat-knight implied as much.
NanashiJul 3, 2016 3:27 PM
Jul 3, 2016 3:30 PM

Apr 2014
Subaru is giving me brain damage with his cringeworthy words and actions in a world where he knows literally nothing about anything. Its actually making this show really hard to watch ahhhhhhhhhhh.
Jul 3, 2016 8:52 PM

Dec 2012
Damn Emilia is getting so distant from him. Subaru's fault though. He's falked so much this arc. He broke down too at the end now, wow.
Jul 4, 2016 5:07 AM

May 2013
Restart Please!!! its so cringy to watch
Jul 4, 2016 6:50 AM
Dec 2015
LoneWizard said:
Same thing with Ram&Rem killing Subaru,Subaru acted like an ass but its ok because he is human and he had reasons to do so...I can understand people hating this kind of human emotions and behaviour but humans are ugly(or devils =_=)...Get over it...

Not every human action is ugly, and remind that there is nothing wrong, but just natural human psychology (at least for majority of humans), with hating ugly, evil aspects of human action/emotion (say, racism, sexism, rape, murder, terrorism, stalking, child abuse and so on), even when they are well aware that those are some of human emotions and acts.
smoct_aiJul 4, 2016 7:03 AM
Jul 4, 2016 6:59 AM
Dec 2015
Tevens said:
when the studio/author gives you a realistic character, you all dislike it and talk shit about the character

It depends. When the stuido/author gives you a realistic but likable character (i.e., the MC of ERASED) most of audience like it. And they would dislike a realistic but despicable/unlikable character. It's only natural human psychology.
Jul 4, 2016 7:48 AM
Dec 2015
Fai said:

I literally can't see THIS SUBARU trying to con Rom into buying a cellphone by claiming it is magic.
Nor I can see him forsaking his own survival and jumping off a cliff just to save the maids. Hell, this Shitbaru version we see in this episode most likely laugh in Ram's face about Rem's death and go off trying to get Emilia's date.

He went from a realistic guy with flaws, but with a brain, to a completely idiotic obsessed stalker and it contradicts everything about him in the first 11 episodes.

As someone said it before this should have been Arc 2. It would make AT LEAST SOME sense then. But not after the actual arc 2.

Subaru as an obsessive stalker in arc 3 does not contradicts good aspect of Subaru we saw in earlier episodes, because he had no trouble trouble with staying with Emilia in earlier arcs. Everyone (including Emilia) let him stay with Emilia as he wished to do. Thus, There was no chance for his ugly aspect to appear.

And Subaru as a nice guy (forsaking his own survival and jumping off a cliff to save a maid) is not insistent with Bad Subaru in this episode. He would have cost even his life (just as he did in the earlier arcs) if he had seen an assassin to try to kill Emilia. It's just that there was no such critical moment in arc 3.

Finally, Subaru was particularly more idiotic and emotionally than before in this episode? I don't think so. If Julius (or anyone else) happened to say something like "Subaru, you no worthy of her..." in the earlier arcs, Subaru would have shown an overly emotional, impulsive reaction to that just as he did in this episode. One of his idiotic behaviors in this episode we saw in this episode, (to make fool of himself by presenting him as a self-claimed knight of Emilia) is pretty much consistent with his yet another silly and impulsive decision (requesting Roswaald to hire him as a servant for the compensation). He is that kind of person.
smoct_aiJul 4, 2016 7:57 AM
Jul 4, 2016 11:42 AM

Aug 2013
This episode literally gave me a secondhand embarrassment
Jul 4, 2016 12:29 PM

Jan 2014
smoct_ai said:
LoneWizard said:
Same thing with Ram&Rem killing Subaru,Subaru acted like an ass but its ok because he is human and he had reasons to do so...I can understand people hating this kind of human emotions and behaviour but humans are ugly(or devils =_=)...Get over it...

Not every human action is ugly, and remind that there is nothing wrong, but just natural human psychology (at least for majority of humans), with hating ugly, evil aspects of human action/emotion (say, racism, sexism, rape, murder, terrorism, stalking, child abuse and so on), even when they are well aware that those are some of human emotions and acts.
Not every human action is ugly but every human is ugly...Hating someone because of something they would do is only natural,but its Hypocrisy...Its another form of humans trying to make themselves feel better by convincing themselves they would never do something like that...

World is not black and white,staying away from black as much as possible is ok but we cant stay away from gray...We are all gray...
Jul 4, 2016 12:54 PM
Dec 2015
LoneWizard said:
smoct_ai said:

Not every human action is ugly but every human is ugly...Hating someone because of something they would do is only natural,but its Hypocrisy...Its another form of humans trying to make themselves feel better by convincing themselves they would never do something like that...

World is not black and white,staying away from black as much as possible is ok but we cant stay away from gray...We are all gray...

Every human (at least almost every of them) is far from being ethically perfect, but it does not imply that every human is ugly.

Anyway I agree that hating someone because of something they would do is hypocrisy. But not every person behaves in the same way Subaru does.
Jul 4, 2016 1:01 PM

Jan 2014
smoct_ai said:
LoneWizard said:

Every human (at least almost every of them) is far from being ethically perfect, but it does not imply that every human is ugly.

Anyway I agree that hating someone because of something they would do is hypocrisy. But not every person behaves in the same way Subaru does.
Maybe not the spesific thing Subaru does but something similar to it(equal,worse or better)

You fap to your crush when you are alone,you would lie under right circumstances,you put your own happiness before everyone else's,you want your enemies/rivals to fail at what they are doing to gain benefit from it...Humans are inherently selfish,ugly and beautiful...::I

Pages (28) « First ... « 21 22 [23] 24 25 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

21 by Okeanix »»
Apr 27, 4:29 PM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.